Weird Issue - Unsanitized Input, Perhaps?

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Weird issue - Unsanitized input, perhaps?
Weird issue - Unsanitized input, perhaps?
 Ragnarok.Painted
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Painted
Posts: 11
By Ragnarok.Painted 2020-11-14 13:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
For ages I've been getting a lua error when logging in on one of my mules, and thought I should finally mention it to someone.

I have a mule named Lookup, and every time I log into it I get multiple (one per addon, it seems):
lua runtime error: libs/tables.lua:195; bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got function)

I can only assume it's processing the mule name as a function...


Pic of the error: https://imgur.com/a/WJhtpOM
Offline
Posts: 9161
By Pantafernando 2020-11-14 14:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Indeed, there is function table.lookup in the libs.

Why all those addons called it, im not sure.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [184 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Painted
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Painted
Posts: 11
By Ragnarok.Painted 2021-05-17 18:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I don't know who saw the post, but I just noticed today that this issue no longer exists. Huzzah!
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tesahade
Posts: 181
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-05-17 22:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Actually... we never saw this post.

We did however have a person come to the discord with a character named Clear, which happens to be the name of a function. The fix we did because of that bug likely is what fix what you were seeing.

That said it is better to report bug to our github issue tracker or discord
[+]