BGWiki - Issue Reporting Thread & FAQ
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-01-24 03:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Around 1am EST Ragu just started redirecting all traffic from bg-wiki.com to old.bg-wiki.com for the night because of issues. Hopefully tomorrow the loading errors have been sorted.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-01-25 04:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Feedback on the recently upgraded BG-Wiki site - Many thanks! Browsing is noticeably faster and much more responsive than before, from a user based in the Middle-East.

Much appreciated!
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-01-25 07:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Feedback on the recently upgraded BG-Wiki site - Many thanks! Browsing is noticeably faster and much more responsive than before, from a user based in the Middle-East.

Much appreciated!

Glad to hear. We are working on a few things such as tabs (main page and user page) and tooltips (HTMB page) so we are hoping to get back to normal within a couple days.
[+]
By Vankathka 2021-01-25 16:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

While not a pressing issue, not being able to click the bg wiki logo to return to the main page is more annoying then you would think. Also yes I know you can click the FFXI wiki button but for years it was the logo.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-01-25 17:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Will old.bg-wiki.com/bg work forever or at some point will stop having new info/pages?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-01-25 17:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Vankathka said: »
While not a pressing issue, not being able to click the bg wiki logo to return to the main page is more annoying then you would think. Also yes I know you can click the FFXI wiki button but for years it was the logo.
Clicking on both works for me.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-25 17:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

promy 5-3 on new bg is broken, you can't pick each path anymore

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Promathia_Mission_5-3

(it works properly on old bg, just giving you the heads up)
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-01-25 19:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Will old.bg-wiki.com/bg work forever or at some point will stop having new info/pages?

This will be killed soon, about two weeks we think. It is already locked to editing, and new edits are not being shown over there.

Asura.Geriond said: »

I will see if we can get it turned back into a link.

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Thanks for the report. No tabs work (including main page) right now. We are hoping the css and javascript changes that were made last night fixes tabs and tooltips. There is a 24 hour or so delay for these to update due to the cache settings. Annoying, but it used to take a week (literally) before.
[+]
By drakefs 2021-01-27 02:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saw this on reddit

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:High-Tier_Mission_Battlefields

The links no longer show the stats picture when hovering over the link
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-01-27 06:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »
Just saw this on reddit

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:High-Tier_Mission_Battlefields

The links no longer show the stats picture when hovering over the link
Yup I'm working on getting JavaScript fully back to working. Also some JS is back to working but you got to wait for the cache to catch up. That is one thing still broken. There are others still too.

Thank you for reporting though :)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-01-27 06:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Thanks for the report. No tabs work (including main page) right now. We are hoping the css and javascript changes that were made last night fixes tabs and tooltips. There is a 24 hour or so delay for these to update due to the cache settings. Annoying, but it used to take a week (literally) before.
Tabs are back to working but you might not have gotten the new JavaScript from cache yet. Also it wasn't working when you posted this.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-01-27 06:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »

I will see if we can get it turned back into a link.
If the server admin doesn't fix this, this coming weekend when he has free time again. I'll use JavaScript to return this feature back to working. I'd rather he does it the proper way but he also has limited time to work on wiki related stuff for us and none of us have access to the server that are admins at bg wiki.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-01-27 17:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

is it intentional that wiki.bluegartr.com permanently times you out now? i can only access the website by going to bg-wiki.com now
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-01-29 06:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
is it intentional that wiki.bluegartr.com permanently times you out now? i can only access the website by going to bg-wiki.com now
Just an oversight not many use that link but Ragu has since updated it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-02-28 09:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Major nuke of the sidebar length/links. If something is missing that you liked having there, please speak up and we may be able to add it back.

Everything removed is still either in the site notice (top "section" on every page) or the home page.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-03-10 09:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a link you frequently used in our navigation disappear suddenly? Do you have 20 wiki pages bookmarked? We have the solution for you.

If you are logged in, you can now create a custom navigation section.

Simply edit the page "https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/User:Username/Sidebar" with any links you want, and they will appear on your navigation!

Here are some examples of links with proper formatting.

Examples of code to put in your page. All of the below are for demonstrative purposes only. You do not have to add any of this, just follow the formatting. You only need to add one box.

* Custom Nav <!-- Name the title anything you want! This is just an example -->
** Ambuscade|Ambuscade
** Ambuscade|AMBU! <!-- You can customize the wording after the "|" to display anything you want like this. -->
** The History of Final Fantasy XI|FFXI History
** User:Funkworkz/Sidebar|Edit Sidebar <!-- Multiple words are OK, replace this with your own username of course -->
* Ultimate Weapons <!-- Multiple boxes can be added! Make a new header with one "*"! Name it anything you want! -->
** Mythic Weapons|Mythics
** :Category:Armor#REforged_Armors|Reforged Armor <!-- If you link to a category, use a ":" at the beginning for safety to ensure the link works -->
* External Resources
** http://www.ffxiah.com|FFXIAH <!-- External links are supported! -->

This is exactly what the above example looks like
Quote:

Disclaimers: You need to use the asterisks (*) and pipes (|) as shown above for proper formatting, or your sidebar will not appear correctly. Additionally, the red box above is only in this screenshot for emphasis.

Feel free to PM me if you need help, I can edit the page for you if your having difficulty.
[+]