users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » FFXI Up-scaled Armor/Mobs/Faces/Spells
FFXI Up-scaled Armor/Mobs/Faces/Spells
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Babyseallover 2020-12-13 23:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Ashen,

First off this is amazing work and thank you so much for sharing this with the community!

I was wondering if you might share which plugins you were using in that last video to display the equipment on screen?

Also, how does your pack work alongside Amelila's zone packs?
 Ragnarok.Finea
Server: Ragnarok
user: Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-15 07:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there BSL~

Thanks, appreciate the support and kind words!

I believe you're after EquipViewer - Here's a breakdown of my UI in that last video~

As for how my pack works alongside Amelila's zone packs - The one found on GitHub linked in this topic will work fine alongside it, as it contains only armor/weapons/monsters/spells/etc and not zones, that being said, there is a Beta version which contains the entire game (232,000+ textures and 33,000+ DATs) coming, I'll be trying to separate the two for those who prefer Amelila's or the default zones though!

Personally I've never used Amelila's zones or anyone else's HD packages, so I can't confirm completely that everything will run fine alongside one another, but if you find any issues, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Hope this helps!
[+]
 Bahamut.Elesar
Server: Bahamut
user: Elesar
By Bahamut.Elesar 2020-12-21 19:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignore this post. I did more testing and found the out what my issue was.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
By Lasseth 2021-02-22 09:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it ever figured out what the issue with Dyna D was?
 Ragnarok.Finea
Server: Ragnarok
user: Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2021-03-09 04:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

I've recently made the move from GitHub to NexusMods after several dozen users were experiencing issues with corrupted and interupted downloads via GitHub.

------------ AshenbubsHD on NexusMods ------------

Super brief intro to those who are new to my work - AshenbubsHD is a update to FFXI DAT files which covers the entire FFXI experience, over 240,000+ textures, and 33,000+ files - Includes literally everything in-game, models, spell effects, cutscenes, monsters, everything.

I will be performing any future updates from now on in NexusMods, so please update any bookmarks if you're currently using GitHub.

The AshenbubsHD pack is now split into two versions:

AshenbubsHD-Prime - x4 texture upscale (originally 32x32 now 128x128)
The textures are x4 the size as normal. Use this pack if you're doing solo/group-exp combat, exploring the world or doing missions/cutscenes.

AshenbubsHD-Basic - x2 texture upscale (originally 32x32 now 64x64)
The textures are x2 the size as normal. Use this pack if you're doing end-game content, high-density combat (Omen, Dynamis-D, etc)

The Basic prime is new as FFXI has a memory overflow issue upon reaching around 700-800mb of RAM usage, so upon loading lots of models, spell effects, monsters, terrain etc you may crash upon doing end-game content if you're using the Prime version. However I'm yet to experience any crashes using Prime for solo content, and is more than apt to deal with 99% of content on non-retail servers. AshenbubsHD-Basic has been tested to work in Omen, Dyna-D, Escha-NM farming, 250+ player Domain Invasion - We've managed to force a crash on Basic twice, both times from speed-running Escha-NMs (doing every NM in 2 hours), as the textures weren't able to unload fast enough upon spawning dozens of new models.

Please use XIpivot where available, or create a back-up of your ROM folders - Videos and guides are available on NexusMods and on YouTube.

This should hopefully resolve any issues players were having with end-game content crashes - Please also make sure MipMapping is turned off.

If you have any questions, please ask away!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [929 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-09-24 17:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a viewer (like altanaview) to let you view these dats outside of the game?
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2023-09-24 18:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You could try just renaming your FFXI install folder, just add like OG to the end or anything.

Then create a duplicate file structure of the OG folder, and place your modded files in the ROM folders there.

(C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM)

I haven't tested this, but in theory should work, but I could be wrong.

Then just open with AltanaViewer.

The other way is more annoying, replace actual game files from the install folder then open with AltanaViewer.

If you do that, remember to backup the files.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-09-24 21:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Kruel. I dont suppose you've made or came across a tenzen armor set dat? (or fancy making an HD one lol)
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-09-25 00:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Would firstly depend on whether or not the armour Tenzen wears in game is pre-existing, and not just used on him.

Until I know that, no clue lol, he might just be a single 3d model with the armour as part of that model.

If his armour is an all in one model, it'd be too much hassle rigging up each piece to different equipment, although there's a chance overwriting something like an Onca suit might be easier.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-09-25 02:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I also forgot to mention, if my idea of duplicating your OG install file structure works, running AltanaViewer with your modded dats is still only going to work on dats that have been added to AltanaViewers .csv lists.

So if any of your modded dats are not on those lists, you'd have to add them.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-09-25 12:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone make a downscaled Western and eastern adoulin for better fps the smoke mod does not seem to be enough...

Could literally be just simple single digit polygons whatever can be stripped out of the map

I would like to be able use eastern's home point auction house and book without hating every second of it
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-09-25 16:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tested those areas quite a bit, seems to be more of a shader issue with some modern graphics cards that cause those problems in those zones, removing the smoke also doesn't help mine.

Straight up downscaling probably won't work though.