On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Rive016 2021-05-26 23:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

sadly Odyssey doesnt allow you to /sch on bosses D:
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-05-27 10:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I hope you mean Chatoyant.

Anyway, no, the way I see it there's only two options for a serious WHM: Chatoyant or Raetic+1.

It gets weird if you start talking about curing without /SCH, that's where Queller's Rod could arguably figure in. Personally I don't think +2 Pot2 in that extremely rare situation is worth an inventory space. You'll never miss those two points and you should be /SCH 99% of the time anyway.

1: no, I meant iridal. It's the same staff for this purpose but 1/6th the price on my server
2: For main curing yes but I was trying to cover niche situations
3: After a full dispell and multiple hurting people are you always prioritize getting aurostorm up before healing ?
Oddy does not allow sup job.
As i said niche situations

However i did come out to the fact that even in worstcase scenarios for iridal the gain to change to Qrodd is not worth the inventory loss Iridal/raetic+1 combo is very potent though and worth the extra inventory imho

I also figured that the new curing ring is really not good if you alredy have the 2 optimal rings but its a contender if you lack one of them
By DaneBlood 2021-05-29 22:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

for confirmation purpose

does fastcast from divine benison counts towars the regular fastcast ?limits. so with the 90% from trai yag and pants there is no more benefits form regular fastcast ?
Also in regards to recast timer
By FaeQueenCory 2021-05-30 11:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
does fastcast from divine benison counts towars the regular fastcast ?limits. so with the 90% from trai yag and pants there is no more benefits form regular fastcast ?
Also in regards to recast timer
Correct. It's all additive and subject to the -80% caps to casting time and recast. That's why most ppl get Yagrush to like 90 and then stop with it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-08-06 19:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

what is the name of the green body that gives cure II i cant remember
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-06 19:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/25691/kaykaus-bliaut-1
By DaneBlood 2021-09-02 12:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted earlier a nopotency set and got some advice for it but after some further tweaking i think this i a better one, as it has more items that you would already use for something else and caps out pretty much all stats

ItemSet 381630
Main: FastCast +7 (8 seems rare)
Head: D) MP +50, Fast cast +10%, Haste +2%
Feet: D) Mag. Acc."+20 "Cure" Potency+6% "Fast Cast"+4%

- FastCast: 81
- Haste: 25
- ConserverMP: 100 ( with /sch)
- Enmity : 34~38 ( depending on unity score)

The HQ version
ItemSet 381703
Main: FastCast +7 (8 seems rare)
Head: D) MP +50, Fast cast +10%, Haste +2%
Feet: D) Mag. Acc."+20 "Cure" Potency+6% "Fast Cast"+4%

- FastCast: 82
- Haste: 27
- ConserverMP: 100 ( with /sch)
- Enmity : 47~51 ( depending on unity score)

Perfect for all those spells that dont need specific gear to boost it or to fill in empy spots

besides getting the DynaD club for healing recast or the ToM healing recast staff. is there anything that can be improved ?
By DaneBlood 2021-09-02 15:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt like the fastcast in the original guide. since they relied on unity ranking and had a lot of gear that was not resusable for any other sets

ItemSet 378805
FastCast: 78 ( 80 with light arts)
QuickCast: 11 ( over cap)

if you got volte:
ItemSet 381706
FastCast: 80
QuickCast: 11 ( over cap)

you can toss out loq earring to go down to 78 or change to zendik mail to go down to 79.

these set reuses items that you would use for other gear sets as well and thereby save on invetory AND not depending on unity ranking
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-09-13 01:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the spreadsheet with relevant Crepuscular items.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51200/currently-maintained-dps-spreadsheets/
By Slowforever 2021-09-21 05:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people melee with their whm? My wife wants to come back to XI but only if she can melee. She has Yagrush, no Kraken club though. Figure path A nyamae?
 Cerberus.Nolatari
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Nolatari 2021-09-21 08:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people who get bored will melee WHM or career WHMs. Maxentius from ambuscade is a great club because of the boost to Black Halo. Nyame path A would probably be the best but path B helps with the WSD. Also bunzi hands and ayanmo body are still good to add multi attack. I highly encourage her to come back and do it though
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [78 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-12-08 03:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've updated my Cursna Calc to show both Multiplicative and Additive Results as a few people have asked.

It use to show only Multiplicative because we assumed but weren't sure that it probably worked like Cure Gear / Received but newer types of Received gear has come out and it isn't always that way on those JAs/Buffs.

http://chiaia.optic-ice.com/Cursna.html

Though there is enough gear these days that if someone had it they could test and confirm which it is but I don't have access to all of it needed.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-12-08 07:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to check, but I have near everything including a gamba. If somebody has some parameters to construct I could potentially do them. But off the top of my head it sounds horrible.
By DaneBlood 2021-12-08 17:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
I've updated my Cursna Calc to show both Multiplicative and Additive Results as a few people have asked.

http://chiaia.optic-ice.com/Cursna.html

Shamelss plug - but i had both in my healer spreadsheet for some time
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q7rYhQXNvM1lnHNF9bdXzz6i_uuAG8_FXKTapEOI-Sk/edit#gid=1627017608

Verified we end with the same result, so thats a good thing
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-01-17 10:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Which cure midcast pieces do you guys think can be replaced for a DT pieces? Trying to make a cure midcast with respectable -DT.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-01-17 10:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sacrifice some Cure Pot II in this set mainly body/hands/head/feet
Body adds +15 Potency which makes you able to dump some pieces
Code
main="Raetic Rod +1",
sub="Sors Shield",
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head={ name="Bunzi's Hat", augments={'Path: A',}},
body="Bunzi's Robe",
hands={ name="Bunzi's Gloves", augments={'Path: A',}},
legs="Ebers Pant. +1",
feet={ name="Nyame Sollerets", augments={'Path: B',}},
neck={ name="Clr. Torque +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Carrier's Sash",
left_ear="Eabani Earring",
right_ear="Glorious Earring",
left_ring="Defending Ring",
right_ring="Lebeche Ring",
back={ name="Alaunus's Cape", augments={'MND+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','"Fast Cast"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
[+]
 Valefor.Kriz
Server: Valefor
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2022-01-17 14:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my set I've started using for Gaol.

It caps Cure Potency (53, over), DT (50, at cap), Haste (27, over cap), and Enmity (59, way over cap, which would be 45 if you have 5 Enmity- merits).

Healing skill at ML20 will be over 500 for capped Tranquil Heart (so it's 75 62.5% Enmity- combined with gear). {Edited, thanks Geriond}

12% CP II, or toss on another 6% for Curagas due to no Solace Body. The belt is left floating in case its Lightsday.

I haven't really thought about Raetic +1, lessen I raid Asura for one. I do have NQ I may reconsider, as I can take the -15 Enmity hit.
Code
		main="Queller Rod",				-- Enmity -15, 15% CP, 2% CP II
		sub="Genmei Shield",				-- 10 PDT
		ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",			-- 03 DT
		head="Kaykaus Mitra +1",			-- 11% CP 02% CP II 6% Haste
		neck="Cleric's Torque +2",			-- Enmity -25, 10% CP
		ear1="Genmei Earring",				-- 2 PDT
		ear2="Glorious Earring",			-- Enmity -5 2% CP II
		body="Theo. Bliaut +3",				-- 06% CP II Enmity -6 3% Haste (But using Solace Body 99% of the time)
		hands="Bunzi's Gloves",				-- 08DT, Enmity -8 3% Haste
		ring1="Defending Ring",				-- 10 DT
		ring2="Gelatinous Ring +1",			-- 07 PDT +1MDT
		back=name="Alaunus's Cape", augments={'MND+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','MND+10','Haste+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',},
		waist="Luminary Sash",
		legs="Ebers Pant. +1",				-- 5% Haste
		feet="Kaykaus Boots +1"				-- Enmity -6 17% CP (11 + 06) 02% CP II 3% Haste
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-17 15:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tranquil Heart is multiplicative with gear enmity, so you're actually at -62.5% enmity when capped.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-01-22 15:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the Cure potency from JP count towards the 50% cap or is it separate?
 Bismarck.Darcain
Server: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2022-01-22 22:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »

It's a separate thing.
By DaneBlood 2022-01-23 21:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »

its not cure potentency at all. its what we call "cure Power"
it adds points directly into the base healing of you cures

aka you cure for 100 points with 50% curepotency its 150
with rgw jp curepower of 23 you base cures is now 100+23 and then you add the cure potency so (100+23)*1.5 = 184

Its really boost small cures but get less effective at big cures.
it is also the same cure boost as in raetic + club
[+]
 Odin.Lawii
Server: Odin
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2022-02-05 10:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to build on the recast for arise discussion, so I did some testing. I really wanted to see what it took to cap recast timer when under weakness.

Set used for testing
ItemSet 383534

Normal recast with above set
No buffs (30s)
Haste only (24s)
If you have access to /sch
Light arts only (27s)

When under weakness
No buffs (1:12)
Haste only (1:06)
Double march and haste (47s)

If you have access to /sch we can go faster
Light arts, double march and haste (42s)
Light arts, celerity and haste (32s)
Light arts, double march, celerity and haste (24s)

If you want any other combinations tested I will add them.
By Nariont 2022-02-05 10:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't get much better in terms of recast, when capped magic haste you can likely shelve some of the FC for CMP if you want to try to squeeze a bit more out when weakened like Shinjutsu-no-Obi +1 and Mephitas's +1 R15, 30 CMP there Pemphredro tathlum and Thuellaic Ecu +1 is another 8 putting you at 80 with /sch, can probably get more in but that's already pretty good.

If im doing it right you have 40% recast from just the path C and haste 1 alone, light arts is another 10, so any real extra haste buff will cap you with some modest FC, even something like Haste II you only need 30 FC to cap out.

So something like this, can keep the FC through path D on vanya, or double down on CMP, kicks you up to 88, if you can swap in vanya legs thatll cap you but comes at the cost of dipping you in gear haste + FC loss.

ItemSet 383594
 Odin.Lawii
By Odin.Lawii 2022-02-05 11:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

With no outside buff and no sub job you pretty much need a set like that to be able to get down to 24s. If you drop 10 fast cast your recast will be 35s with out haste, and 27s with haste.

I had a brd around(he had to raise me so I could have weakness) so I added those numbers mostly for fun. In certain buff states I you can start to swap out gear for CMP

Side note: the Asclepius really make big difference also sitting at with no buffs 53s and 42s with haste

I started making my post before I saw your edit Thuellaic Ecu +1, Pemphredo Tathlum, Shinjutsu-no-obi +1 and Vanya Hood are good places to pick up some CMP. Thuellaic Ecu +1 is necessary for Shinjutsu-no-obi +1 swap. Mephitas's ring +1 cost about 1 second for recast
By Nariont 2022-02-05 11:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, its mostly niche as it shouldnt be common that you need to get up and quickly raise everyone, but it's a handy set to have and Path C club really shines, even at HQ1 it's far and away your best club for recasting long spells like arise, basically need 40/50 FC in the same slot to match the recast it provides
By DaneBlood 2022-02-05 12:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lawii said: »
I wanted to build on the recast for arise discussion, so I did some testing. I really wanted to see what it took to cap recast timer when under weakness.

Set used for testing
ItemSet 383534

Normal recast with above set
No buffs (30s)
Haste only (24s)
If you have access to /sch
Light arts only (27s)

When under weakness
No buffs (1:12)
Haste only (1:06)
Double march and haste (47s)

If you have access to /sch we can go faster
Light arts, double march and haste (42s)
Light arts, celerity and haste (32s)
Light arts, double march, celerity and haste (24s)

If you want any other combinations tested I will add them.

it looks to me like you are mixing up precast and midtcast here
if its for the recast aka club patyh C than you are nto getting the quickcast beenfits on you belt and better belt optison exist that can make you change you body into something superioe

ItemSet 379079

a litle short on fastcast nbut cna change around earring and ammot slot

but this is close to capping hast facxast enmity and conmp at the same time

Fastcast: 73
Haste: 27
ConMP: 68
Enmity-: 47~51
Recast: 25%

now if you dont have woc body you can use your current one for 1 more fx as it just a losso f enmnity which doesnt matter on arise.
with ath an ammot/earring changed to fastcast options you are capping fastcast at the loss of some unimportant enmity- and 8 conmp
 Odin.Lawii
By Odin.Lawii 2022-02-05 13:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

One piece that has QC on it does not mean I am mixing up precast and midcast. The belt is in the set for the 3 haste and 3 fast cast, which puts haste at 26, and 81 FC in that set, the quick cast is just on it and does not matter.

Your set looks to be at 75FC which will probably put you at 26s recast with haste on, and 33s with no haste.
By DaneBlood 2022-02-05 15:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lawii said: »
One piece that has QC on it does not mean I am mixing up precast and midcast. The belt is in the set for the 3 haste and 3 fast cast, which puts haste at 26, and 81 FC in that set, the quick cast is just on it and does not matter.

Your set looks to be at 75FC which will probably put you at 26s recast with haste on, and 33s with no haste.

my point was simply that the belt is not that great for midtcast.
my set show hits multiple goal if you did the modification mentioned you would hit your fastcast goal of your set but an added higher level of con mp to boot.
in situations where recasting arise a lot becomes useful, mp be an issue too, so having more con mp on those situations will help.

if i get what you are saying correctly you using the belt for haste but that is compensating for weaker choices in other areas

you head only has a haste of 6 where the Vanya head in my set has a haste 8 while still keeping the same fastcast and adding in conmp to boot
and you are using a shield that does not help in recast timers either, replacing it with thuelic +1 gives you anoter 2 haste and more conmp combined more than compensating for the 3 haste on your belt.

So now after replacing some inferioer choices you have totaly negated the need for haste in belt slot and added in conmp

the fast cast is till needed but you have superior options for that. the belt in my set not only provide 2 more fastcast than your belt is also sweep in with another load of c15 conmp

so now dropping the inferior belt as mentioned along with the other inferior choices you end up with MORE fastcast and a butload of ConMP

it just happens to be in the set above i sacrificed some Fastcast for enmity and ConMP. that doesnt mean you need too, the set is flexible
Which was what i tried to explain in the added details of what gear to swap out to reach your FastCast goal

if you look at my set it actually has a suplus of haste that alone should have told you that haste is not needed in belt slot
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-05 15:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you need enmity down in arise set focused on capping recast time I assume during a wipe or something?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24