Reive Capes That Are Still Useful.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Reive Capes that are still useful.
Reive Capes that are still useful.
First Page 2
VIP
By Lili 2020-06-11 20:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Node 406
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2020-06-11 21:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

"useful" is pushing it but COR gets roll delay reduction
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-11 21:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Hey it all adds up.
By Draylo 2020-06-11 21:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What makes the lifestream cape best for indi-spells? I thought I read something on that over the ambuscade cape.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-11 21:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Duration
By Draylo 2020-06-11 21:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Indi effect duration +20
vs
DEF:15 Indicolure effect duration +20
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-11 21:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

One is duration + 20 seconds

The other is duration + 20%

(or something along those lines, they're different 20s)
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-11 21:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone update the wiki! They both just say +20 and ffxiah
VIP
By Lili 2020-06-11 21:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Someone update the wiki! They both just say +20 and ffxiah

It's stated somewhere else that duration augments from main stat and from augments are multiplicative with each other, instead of additive. I think Gada gets Indi-duration too?
But yeah a note might be useful, I suppose.
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2020-06-12 07:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Duration augments are multiplicative with other forms of duration extension, same applies to RDM capes. With max augments, the Reive cape will provide longer duration than the Ambuscade one.

Edit: To clarify, duration extensions from the base stats on gear are added together, duration extensions from augments are added together separately, and then the two are multiplied together. So adding to the one you currently have less of will confer a greater benefit.
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-06-12 07:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN Cape can get BP Delay II -3
WHM Cape healing skill for higher Curaga's
By Felgarr 2020-06-12 08:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »
SMN Cape can get BP Delay II -3

Came here to say this. (I use Sancus Satchet+1, Convoker body+3 and this back)
VIP
By Lili 2020-06-13 12:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Added BPDII to SMN cape, will expand later.

Wotasu said: »
WHM Cape healing skill for higher Curaga's

Eeeeehhhh not really tho, WHM best cure set has capped potency already on all spells except potentially Curaga 5. But Curagas only get 1 potency per each 5 skill anyway, and my weathered Curaga V already cures for 2495 HP, and I can't really justify one inventory slot for ~4 more HP cured in Curaga 5.

For a starter WHM things might be different, but I still think Enhancing Magic is a better augment on that cape. Or even unaugmented, just for Divine Caress.
 Fenrir.Pirinolon
Server: Fenrir
user: Pirinolon
By Fenrir.Pirinolon 2020-06-13 15:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

COR cape, Phantom roll ability delay - stacks with desultor tassets?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-13 16:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG cape's +100 Wyvern HP doubles as a Steady Wing macro piece, since it modifies stoneskin strength according to current pet HP
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-13 20:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea is nice but the focus is wrong.

Grabbing or a reive cape is no effort.

I sugest making a similar thread regarding to best/useful Artifact/Relic reforged gear as those are very expensive, mainly relic. It would be nice to know beforehand which pieces are worth for each zone instead having to scroll each individual set.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-13 20:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
The idea is nice but the focus is wrong.

Grabbing or a reive cape is no effort.

I sugest making a similar thread regarding to best/useful Artifact/Relic reforged gear as those are very expensive, mainly relic. It would be nice to know beforehand which pieces are worth for each zone instead having to scroll each individual set.

Can't argue that for people new to jobs, a quick little comment in a sticky or a separate thread on relevant JSE to upgrade would be valued, but considering that AF/Relic+3 both come from active endgame content, whereas the Adoulin capes can easily be missed.
VIP
By Lili 2020-06-13 22:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I sugest making a similar thread regarding to best/useful Artifact/Relic reforged gear as those are very expensive, mainly relic.

Sure, you're free to make such a thread as you suggest, I'm sure lots of people will find useful.

However, this thread is about Reive capes. Do you have anything to add about Reive capes?

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
DRG cape's +100 Wyvern HP doubles as a Steady Wing macro piece, since it modifies stoneskin strength according to current pet HP

I thought that it takes a full tick for Wyvern HP to register, and thus generally people don't bother because the GS rules for it are weird and unreliable. I'll add it anyway.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-06-14 01:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Hey it all adds up.

But you have to sacrifice longer roll duration from Ambuscade cape. Especially important for, say, a Crooked Cards lucky/XI roll - but still important regardless. Less re-rolling and able to stay on a good roll for as long as possible is a very good thing.

I only roll in Camulus's. Even when you're busting "on purpose" off a held XI, I find that I still rarely need to wait (or if anything, maybe a few seconds) after doing inital roll + whatever amount of double-ups. Occasionally you run into like a 6+6 that leaves you sitting there for a few seconds, but that's worth dealing with the uncommon slight delay in favor of knowing you'll always have the longer roll duration from Camulus's.

I do use Desultor Tassets though. That feels like plenty of PR recast- to me, but perhaps people without the Tassets might find Gunslinger's Cape a little bit more useful.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-14 01:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
I sugest making a similar thread regarding to best/useful Artifact/Relic reforged gear as those are very expensive, mainly relic.

Sure, you're free to make such a thread as you suggest, I'm sure lots of people will find useful.

But this one is for Reive capes. Do you have anything to add about Reive capes?

I thought that it takes a full tick for Wyvern HP to register, and thus generally people don't bother because the GS rules for it are weird and unreliable. I'll add it anyway.

I think this is true, but I don't use GS for one. Think Spicy suggested adding Steady Wing (reuse) to Super Jump set, so you don't lose dps while waiting on the tick to register. Normally, it's not ideal to use it mid-battle anyways since you're idle in pet HP and subject to something dangerous. I just use it prebuff with a <wait> in between, but its still a hefty piece of pet HP to help your little guy survive.
VIP
By Lili 2020-06-14 03:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
But you have to sacrifice longer roll duration from Ambuscade cape. Especially important for, say, a Crooked Cards lucky/XI roll - but still important regardless. Less re-rolling and able to stay on a good roll for as long as possible is a very good thing.

I only roll in Camulus's. Even when you're busting "on purpose" off a held XI, I find that I still rarely need to wait (or if anything, maybe a few seconds) after doing inital roll + whatever amount of double-ups. Occasionally you run into like a 6+6 that leaves you sitting there for a few seconds, but that's worth dealing with the uncommon slight delay in favor of knowing you'll always have the longer roll duration from Camulus's.

I've been thinking about this a bit, and I can actually think of many cases where shorter recast wins over longer rolls. There's plenty of fights that are much shorter than a full duration roll, like Sinister Reign, or some Ambuscades, Geas Fete, etc. When the fight is over in 4-5 minutes, 10 seconds less spent waiting at the start are much more valuable than more duration since you'll have to reroll before next fight anyway.

I think this is true, but I don't use GS for one. Think Spicy suggested adding Steady Wing (reuse) to Super Jump set, so you don't lose dps while waiting on the tick to register. Normally, it's not ideal to use it mid-battle anyways since you're idle in pet HP and subject to something dangerous. I just use it prebuff with a <wait> in between, but its still a hefty piece of pet HP to help your little guy survive.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll add a small note in the OP.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-06-14 07:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
I've been thinking about this a bit, and I can actually think of many cases where shorter recast wins over longer rolls. There's plenty of fights that are much shorter than a full duration roll, like Sinister Reign, or some Ambuscades, Geas Fete, etc. When the fight is over in 4-5 minutes, 10 seconds less spent waiting at the start are much more valuable than more duration since you'll have to reroll before next fight anyway

Fair enough, those are decent points when you know for sure the fight is going to be short enough that your rolls will last the entire time. I guess if you want to shave 10 seconds off something like an Ambu/SR run (and manage the hassle of two different phantom roll sets), more power to you.

For Geas Fete I'm not really convinced.
- If popping multiple mobs for fast fights you probably would still rather have duration on a good roll than an extra 10 seconds at the outset. There's really no need to fully rebuff for each fight for most Geas Fete mobs.
- On the handful of difficult ones, if you're doing a zerg on something like HELMs/WoC/Kirin, you aren't gonna pop before rolls are set anyway. These aren't fights where people tend to really stress over waiting an extra several seconds to pop the mob. So shaving a few seconds off of buffing time is kinda irrelevant if you ask me.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-15 07:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumpdated the node with RDM cape.

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
For Geas Fete I'm not really convinced.

Those are both fair points, I was thinking more of farming scenarios on non-t4s/helms. Like when we were trying to get sparkly polearms from zitah t3s >_>
Ultimately, while it's not a must have, it's a non-useless option if you're one of those that like to have all the niche things, so it belongs in the guide I'd say.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [607 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Lordtrey
user: Lordtrey
By Asura.Lordtrey 2022-04-14 02:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

People are knockin the COR cape, when that -dealy on phantom roll is great. If you are like me and already swapping weapons to use rostam +8 roll knife, then swap in the compensator gun and use its +duration instead of an ambuscade cape. Now, you can have 10min+ rolls and -delay at the same time.
I am already going to lose to swaping from my sword or useful stat knife to the +8 roll knife. I assume most ppl don't actually fight with that rostam in hand, so take advantage of the situation and swap guns for .5 secs.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2022-04-14 06:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bookworm's Cape is BiS for both Regen and Helix spells.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
By DaneBlood 2022-06-21 13:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

just an update on my part

WHM Mending Cape

+1 to Divine Caress (blocks one additional status effect)
A must have. (BIS)

Enhancing Magic Skill (1~10) - (might be highest enhacing skill but not BiS as it not needed and lack secondary propreties of like Fi follet cape +1)

Healing Magic Skill (1~10) - (useless WHm almost cape cure power naked)

2 years changes the game
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-21 13:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Mending cape is also +cursna, so the healing magic is useful imo.

Forgot Alaunus is also +cursna
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-06-21 16:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So nearly all the reive capes are still useful.
VIP
By Lili 2022-06-21 17:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
So nearly all the reive capes are still useful.

Not quite. This list only mentions the useful ones, the others are completely irrelevant as far as I know (corrections welcome).

EDIT: added SAM mantle, as mentioned to me by AsuraBippin.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-21 17:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but it names like 2/3s of the capes so far, and it might even be missing some uses for the other ones.
First Page 2