Ethereal Squama prices
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-04 11:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Server PSA: stop selling your Squamas for 300k. They are being price fixed at a low amount to be purchased cheaply. There are 24 up at a cost of over 3m, so when you sell them that low you only screw yourself over and benefit said AH botter. He's making a *** killing off Jinxed items because of this. There's other items in question, so maybe take a little look before you potentially lose millions on selling something.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
Server: Carbuncle
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-06-04 12:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting this on here will DO NOTHING to fix the problem. LMAO
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-04 12:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »

I'm not posting it here to have SE fix the problem, my God. I'm posting it here to get traffic to players on Bismarck so they have the knowledge. I know SE won't fix the problem, hence why I'm trying to help the players out myself here. What a stupid comment that was.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-06-04 12:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't mean SE, he means that posting it here won't move the needle with the AH.

I basically agree, most people don't read these boards.

Best thing to do is buy up as much on the cheap for yourself, and if you really want to get in a war start selling to yourself for 5m =p
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2020-06-04 12:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It is interesting looking at the difference between Bismarck and other servers.

Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-04 12:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
most people don't read these boards.

Never hurts to try.

Quizzy said: »
Best thing to do is buy up as much on the cheap for yourself, and if you really want to get in a war start selling to yourself for 5m =p

Got a Squama from trove today so I did this.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-04 12:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Price manipulators are a pain in the ***, sadly it's really easy to do it.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-04 13:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest problem is, farmed Squamas are worth 3M. Squamas from AMAN trove are just side products so they arent worth 3M.

How do you deal with this is just complicated.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-04 13:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats just about the same of Phalanx and Utsusemi Ni scrolls. They were worth millions in the past because they just could drop behind a high cost BCNM, but with campaigns, those became the new source so people just farm that with low cost and sell for appropriate price. Given how many scrolls you can get per campaign, this became the main source and none farm them on BCNM anymore.

Squamas and other VNM drops were inserted in trove to add a new supply of those important items. Problem is, the demand is too high due craft nature and the supply from trove isnt that high enough so you still will need to farm VNM to stock AH. But here and there there will be someone that get it cheaply from AMAN and put it for 500k for fast cash. Problem is this is not low amount to not impact farmed squamas neither high enough to totally substitute it.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-04 13:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just worth a shot to try blow his scheme up. There will be enough traffic here and through word of mouth that he'll call me an ***, nothing that I already don't know.

I have nothing to lose or gain through this. Just bringing light to the people that are getting hosed.
By Shichishito 2020-06-04 13:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

there are a lot of price fixed items and the core issue is the hyper inflation and SEs emphasis on multiboxing cause you need a massive surplus on gil and enough sock accounts to make the initial fix.

a potential remedy would be some icon in AH sales history that indicates when a single user is listed in multiple transaction of the AH history. greatly increasing the amount of entries listed in the AH history or adding a average price that is calculated by more entries than listed and filters odd spicks could help, too.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-04 13:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

I'm not posting it here to have SE fix the problem, my God. I'm posting it here to get traffic to players on Bismarck so they have the knowledge. I know SE won't fix the problem, hence why I'm trying to help the players out myself here. What a stupid comment that was.
Honestly, if there's anyone here that looks like they are price fixing this item, it's you.

I don't disagree with you, I sold 2 at 5mil each not too long ago on Asura. But if Bismark's price is 300k, by all means let it be.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-04 14:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't disagree with you, I sold 2 at 5mil each not too long ago on Asura. But if Bismark's price is 300k, by all means let it be.

The problem is, he keeps 24 in stock at over 3m+ (I tried buying yesterday to see), and bots when they get posted at 300k.

Honestly, if there's anyone here that looks like they are price fixing this item, it's you.

Thanks for that. Can someone chime in from Bismarck to vouch that I'm not a piece of ***, thanks.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-04 14:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for that. Can someone chime in from Bismarck to vouch that I'm not a piece of ***, thanks.
I'm sorry you took it that way.

I'm going based on the evidence presented. AKA the latest sale of Squama on Bismark. When you have 10+ sales from you to the same person for a large price differential from other sales, it raises red flags, like it should.

I'm just showing facts. I understand you are trying to get the price back to "normal" but honestly, you are doing it the wrong way.

Your avatar isn't helping your cause either.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Soyven
Server: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-06-04 14:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Price fixing is against ToS, stop selling them to yourself then report the dude price fixing. They probably wont be able to track it back to they guy actually doing it but maybe they nail the mule with 24 up for over 3 mil a pop
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-06-04 14:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I say again posting it HERE(FFXIAH) will DO NOTHING to fix the problem. Thinking my comment is stupid well making rants about stuff on FFXIAH even warning rants are stupid and get nothing done. You ignorant ***!
By Pantafernando 2020-06-04 14:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Better solution, buy all the 24 squamas for 3M. Then dude wont have any to price fix.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-06-04 14:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In the end you are looking like the one price fixing buying your own items and reselling to yourself does nothing but turn eyes towards you. This is against ToS that you are doing.
 Ragnarok.Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-06-04 14:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he has them for more than 3 mil, who knows how much. But it's a good idea. If my alchemy shield was done I'd come help out lol
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-04 14:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm, is price fixing against the ToS though? I will admit I have not read it, and never will. Just curious.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-04 14:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Umm, is price fixing against the ToS though? I will admit I have not read it, and never will. Just curious.
I...don't think it is against the ToS.

There is no FTC in game to make sure it doesn't occur.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-06-04 14:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is, he keeps 24 in stock at over 3m+ (I tried buying yesterday to see), and bots when they get posted at 300k.

You're pretty swell!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-06-04 14:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Soyven said: »
Well he has them for more than 3 mil, who knows how much. But it's a good idea. If my alchemy shield was done I'd come help out lol
3.2 Disruption. You may not in any way disrupt or interfere with the Game experience of other players, including the disruption of Square Enix's computers and servers.

I believe this would be the term most refer too
By Pantafernando 2020-06-04 14:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Another solution is to /yell daily to buy Squamas a bit over 300k so instead the people putting on AH for silly cash, just earn a bit more by selling directly to you
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-04 14:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

3.2 Disruption. You may not in any way disrupt or interfere with the Game experience of other players, including the disruption of Square Enix's computers and servers.

I don't know. That's more in line for DDoS attacks.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-06-04 14:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know. That's more in line for DDoS attacks.
No in terms anything that would interfer with anyone game play. I know cause I tried a revenge tactic over a decade ago, I was kicked from a group and so I jumped onto my higher level character and killed all mobs in the area. I was jailed and the Judge gave me this ruling. Price fixing would fall under this catagory since its manaipulation of a service all players are able to use.
 Ragnarok.Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-06-04 14:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
I...don't think it is against the ToS.

There is no FTC in game to make sure it doesn't occur.

You're right, it's not (that I can see). I thought I saw it in there but was probably confusing it with something else
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-04 14:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how people from different servers are chiming in. My 3rd post explained that I was re-fixing what he *** up, so there's that. Secondly, he was already reported by multiple people only to get a generic response that it's basically not their problem, how is this surprising? Also, I did try to purchase and didn't feel like going over 3m, I didn't attempt anything higher.

This is literally a simple PSA to the server so people don't lose out on millions, yet I'm the one being crucified, ironically enough from people not on the server.

I do find it comical that when someone tries to do a kindness, they get burned at the stake. Maybe on some of your servers this is unheard of, but this isn't Asura. There are some pretty genuinely decent people on Bismarck, quite a few actually. I know this won't move mountains, but I'd like to believe that when fellow players from Bismarck see me bringing something like this to light, that my reputation on the server will make people actually go "oh ***he's onto something".

Thanks Ring.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-06-04 14:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how people from different servers are chiming in. My 3rd post explained that I was re-fixing what he *** up, so there's that. Secondly, he was already reported by multiple people only to get a generic response that it's basically not their problem, how is this surprising? Also, I did try to purchase and didn't feel like going over 3m, I didn't attempt anything higher.

This is literally a simple PSA to the server so people don't lose out on millions, yet I'm the one being crucified, ironically enough from people not on the server.

I do find it comical that when someone tries to do s kindness, they get burned at the stake. Maybe on some of your servers this is unheard of, but this isn't Asura. There are some pretty genuinely decent people on Bismarck, quite a few actually. I know this won't move mountains, but I'd like to believe that when fellow players from Bismarck see me bringing something like this to light, that my reputation on the server will make people actually go "oh ***he's onto something".

Thanks Ring.
You are free to post whatever you want BUT you must also expect anyone can view this and not just from your server.

You trying to fix the issue is NOT YOUR JOB you are not a GM in the game you shouldn't be trying to fix price fixing with price fixing you will only hurt yourself in the end on this. You think what you are doing is justified? Well it isn't because you are looking even more guilty right now.
[+]
First Page 2