Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 117 118 119
By Draylo 2020-06-06 23:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-06 23:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Draylo said: »
I'm still in shock honestly, that the very news station I used to hate is the only one speaking sense these days. The people I know and follow on instagram etc, all radicalized wanting the police dead or defunded. Why are people so easily controlled lol.

Oh sure, did you see the Fox News graphic that showed the stock market performance after the death of a prominent African American? After MLK died, it went up. After the Rodney King assailants were let off, it went up, after Michael Brown was murdered, up, and after George Floyd was murdered, up. Who takes the time to make that kind of bar graphi? Fox News. But keep pretending Draylo.

Paged so I'll just repost it.
By Draylo 2020-06-06 23:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It didn't need reposting, it doesn't make much sense. You can cherry pick things to support your argument but how do you explain CNN not putting a spotlight on David Dorn? I think all the networks are biased and have their agendas, I was just saying overall Fox has been making more sense of the issue.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-06 23:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You have been cherry picking for days now, it's like you are seeing the far.left Boogeyman in your shadow. I saw an article on Dorn that CNN ran, so I don't know why your running with this false narrative that they didn't report on it. Im sure every network will report the next break in the case.
By Draylo 2020-06-07 00:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said they didn't report on it. I said they didn't put a spotlight on it nor put it on their YouTube channel where the majority are looking for news. Instead they rather have dumb commentators talk about stuff like Trump saying he was like Winston Churchill. I don't see why they couldn't put a video out on it when its important.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-07 00:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/06/06/what-its-like-to-be-a-black-nypd-sergeant-in-nyc/amp/

Quote:
The biggest misconception the public and the media has is that “good cops” aren’t saying anything about the “bad cops.” Or, that when situations like these happen, all cops just side in agreement with the officer who did the unjust deed. The fact is, the genesis of the majority of internal investigations are from “good cops” reporting “bad cops” to the Internal Affairs Bureau.

Quote:
On the other hand, I don’t believe that the movement to defund police departments or emergency services is productive, as it will ultimately hurt the black and brown communities the most.

"Internal Affairs" doesn't give a rat's *** about people or police conduct if the misconduct isn't against the police department. It's like trusting Enron Corporate audit team to audit their books and practices. They will do only what benefits them.

I've lost count of the homicides committed by police that were ruled "justified" by the police only to see camera footage proving the exact opposite. Police will lie to cover each others *** or risk ending up "suicided".
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-07 00:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It didn't need reposting, it doesn't make much sense. You can cherry pick things to support your argument but how do you explain CNN not putting a spotlight on David Dorn? I think all the networks are biased and have their agendas, I was just saying overall Fox has been making more sense of the issue.

Cherry picking is the only thing you've done this whole time. You're literally still on David Dorn and CNN when everyone outside of the Fox News sphere has moved on to a new day of violent police news.
By volkom 2020-06-07 01:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

officers ambushed :/

https://abc7news.com/authorities-responding-to-multiple-critical-incidents-in-santa-cruz-co/6235296/
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-07 01:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanna see some left wing magic?
[+]
By Isszo 2020-06-07 02:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »
Isszo said: »
It seems some people are trying to turn the focus to the people who are rioting, which is wrong, so they can overlook the fact the police are abusing people.

Incorrect.

Most here are observing that there are videos showing police brutality which is wrong, and an equal amount of videos showing protester brutality which is wrong.

The problem is, there is a small, vocal portion of people here that see the protester brutality against people that have zero to do with any of the blacks brutalized by police now or ever as justified.

If you are seeing anything different, you must be one of the few in the latter sentence.
So we agree that both sides have done some pretty terrible things. The rioters and police have done plenty of bad things. Arrest and deal with the rioters and deal with the police with massive reform.

There is a point to be made that because the police are given weapons and state power over citizens, they should be held to a higher standard. Their overuse of force is unacceptable, and they have continued to show the protesters that they are correct on that.

I doubt many people think it's justified to attack innocent people for any reason.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-07 03:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems some people are trying to turn the focus to the people who are rioting, which is wrong, so they can overlook the fact the police are abusing people.

Incorrect.

Most here are observing that there are videos showing police brutality which is wrong, and an equal amount of videos showing protester brutality which is wrong.

The problem is, there is a small, vocal portion of people here that see the protester brutality against people that have zero to do with any of the blacks brutalized by police now or ever as justified.

If you are seeing anything different, you must be one of the few in the latter sentence.
So we agree that both sides have done some pretty terrible things. The rioters and police have done plenty of bad things. Arrest and deal with the rioters and deal with the police with massive reform.

There is a point to be made that because the police are given weapons and state power over citizens, they should be held to a higher standard. Their overuse of force is unacceptable, and they have continued to show the protesters that they are correct on that.

I doubt many people think it's justified to attack innocent people for any reason.

This exactly. Toss rioters in jail, and toss police forces in jail too. Their reaction to being told police brutality is a problem is to double down with the police brutality. That has no place in any free country.

There should not be an "equal comparison" between rioters and police. If anyone is trying to put them on the same level, the police already have shown to be lost. They should be a hell of a lot better than rioters. They get away with ***because people consider them to be heroes, but I sure see a lot of things antithetical to heroism going on this past week.
By Prong 2020-06-07 03:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You have not read all the posts, then.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-07 03:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Their reaction to being told police brutality is a problem is to double down with the police brutality. That has no place in any free country.

Incorrect.

They've had to increase police presence due to the fact thousands of "protesters" or whatever they choose to call themselves, started flowing into streets, flipping cars, starting fires, throwing bricks through windows to steal Snapple...yeah, when all of that suddenly happens and the rioters are emboldened by the media making excuses for them, you are going to see more police/rioter conflicts.

So, some of those conflicts won't turn out so well for either side.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-07 03:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Their reaction to being told police brutality is a problem is to double down with the police brutality. That has no place in any free country.

Incorrect.

They've had to increase police presence due to the fact thousands of "protesters" or whatever they choose to call themselves, started flowing into streets, flipping cars, starting fires, throwing bricks through windows to steal Snapple...yeah, when all of that suddenly happens and the rioters are emboldened by the media making excuses for them, you are going to see more police/rioter conflicts.

I have literally hundreds of videos showing the police attacking people that were not doing those things. That may be the case for some of reasons why police are escalating, but it absolutely is not even close to all of them.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1266751520055459847
By Prong 2020-06-07 03:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Incorrect.

I have literally hundreds of videos showing the police attacking people that were not doing those things. That may be the case for some of reasons why police are escalating, but it absolutely is not even close to all of them.

You're like a f'n merry go 'round that never stops. You JUST agreed with me and the above fella that yes, both sides are doing some crappy things, then you go straight away, banging that, "I hate cops" drum again.

My point is, which you choose to selectively ignore every f'n time because you obviously just want to troll these topics is, there wouldn't be thousands of extra police in the streets wading through protesters, just, looking to kick some head in (as you seem to think) if there were not thousands of people breaking the law at the moment.

In any normal situation, any normal circumstance, JUST ONE EXAMPLE, tell me when it's ok for people to just, stand around in intersections? Block highways? Start dumpster fires? It's ALL illegal activity, whether it's violent or not so yeah, it's just all increasing the chances that a cop/rioter conflicts.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-07 03:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

And don't give me the BS, "well the protesters wouldn't be there if the cop had not killed Floyd...." response.

According to you and everyone like you and the protests, this is not an isolated situation, it happens all the time, right? So why haven't they been protesting like this every single day for years until all cops were abolished? Maybe, MAYBE, it's just because they made a video of this one and the media decided to use it for a 4 week work vacation? The media nor 99.9% of these protesters care one iota about George Floyd's holding-a-knife-to-a-pregnant-woman's-belly arse, they just want to use the opportunity to bang those drums.

And quit linking twitter posts. I don't use twitter and those aren't exactly always credible sources. Some of those vids could be years old.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-07 03:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Incorrect.

You're like a f'n merry go 'round that never stops. You JUST agreed with me and the above fella that yes, both sides are doing some crappy things, then you go straight away, banging that, "I hate cops" drum again.

My point is, which you choose to selectively ignore every f'n time because you obviously just want to troll these topics is, there wouldn't be thousands of extra police in the streets wading through protesters, just, looking to kick some head in (as you seem to think) if there were not thousands of people breaking the law at the moment.

In any normal situation, any normal circumstance, JUST ONE EXAMPLE, tell me when it's ok for people to just, stand around in intersections? Block highways? Start dumpster fires? It's ALL illegal activity, whether it's violent or not so yeah, it's just all increasing the chances that a cop/rioter conflicts.

Just watch some of the *** clips on that long, long twitter thread. Even if every single person in there is guilty of something, they do NOT deserve the abuse they are receiving from the police.

Not to mention the clear examples of cops spitting on already handcuffed protester sitting still, the Buffalo old man, etc. I mean just look what the police explained for the Buffalo man, that he "fell". We have video from two different angles showing that's a pure lie. The police have completely lost much of the public trust in this past week.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-07 04:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

And don't give me the BS, "well the protesters wouldn't be there is the cop had not killed Floyd...." response.

According to you and everyone like you and the protests, this is not an isolated situation, it happens all the time, right? So why haven't they been protesting like this every single day for years until all cops were abolished? Maybe, MAYBE, it's just because they made a video of this one and the media decided to use it for a 4 week work vacation? The media nor 99.9% of these protesters care one iota about George Floyd's holding a knife to a pregnant woman's belly ***, they just want to use the opportunity to bang those drums.

And quit linking twitter posts. I don't use twitter and those aren't exactly always credible sources. Some of those vids could be years old.

Amazing how you try to make yourself out to be the sensible one, and then peddle a conspiracy about "THE MEDIA MADE IT ALL UP SO THEY COULD TAKE A VACATION". Jesus man. There is a 0% chance you watched any of the videos in that Twitter thread, ***.
By Prong 2020-06-07 04:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just watch some of the *** clips on that long, long twitter thread. Even if every single person in there is guilty of something, they do NOT deserve the abuse they are receiving from the police.

Are you reading anything I post or just like, the first sentence and then heading right for the reply button?
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-07 04:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And don't give me the BS, "well the protesters wouldn't be there is the cop had not killed Floyd...." response.

According to you and everyone like you and the protests, this is not an isolated situation, it happens all the time, right? So why haven't they been protesting like this every single day for years until all cops were abolished? Maybe, MAYBE, it's just because they made a video of this one and the media decided to use it for a 4 week work vacation? The media nor 99.9% of these protesters care one iota about George Floyd's holding a knife to a pregnant woman's belly ***, they just want to use the opportunity to bang those drums.

Amazing how you try to make yourself out to be the sensible one, and then peddle a conspiracy about "THE MEDIA MADE IT ALL UP SO THEY COULD TAKE A VACATION". Jesus man. There is a 0% chance you watched any of the videos in that Twitter thread, ***.

And here is why people can't have a conversation with zealots like you.

Tell me where I said the media, "made it all up." If you actually read what I type and THAT is what you took from it, how about stop trying to read into things and take them for face value.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-07 04:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ladyofhonor loves to twist peoples words and ignore everything they say. Anyone who doesn't chant death to the police and want to burn cities down is a threat to his agenda somehow.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-07 05:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you even read what I wrote? - says person who didn't read what that person wrote.

Quote:
Maybe, MAYBE, it's just because they made a video of this one and the media decided to use it for a 4 week work vacation?

This is what you said. You're stating that the media made the collective decision to spread this video around to create a faux outrage. Except the video made its rounds through social media before it got picked up and run around the media. So you're just flat out wrong.

Quote:
The media nor 99.9% of these protesters care one iota about George Floyd's holding a knife to a pregnant woman's belly ***, they just want to use the opportunity to bang those drums.

He served 5 years for a crime back in 2009, as per the way our justice system works, he was absolved of his crimes. Which means 11+ years had passed since he did that. It also doesn't mean he 'deserves' to have been murdered in the street by police. There is no reason to bring up his past unless you're trying to excuse extrajudicial murder as "well it was a bad guy". Which is morally reprehensible. You also don't get to go "THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE FOLLOWING THE LAW" while seeming to excuse cops breaking the law.

Quote:

Ohh, so that's why. You are just categorically ignoring all evidence that doesn't fit your narrative. Wonderful. But your sources told you the protesters are big meanieheads, so it's those poor cops that are just 'forced' into bashing heads in for no reason. Totally the medias fault for being shot at and assaulted on live air, which has happened literally dozens of times in the past week. But I guess you don't trust those media sources, so they're all just lying, or something?

See, I don't deny that there are rioters, and I don't deny that the police are occasionally justified in using force. I don't outright deny your side of the argument. I just absorb more than that from my media.

Let me find various examples of police being absurd. I'm sure you'll decide to entirely ignore them all and then claim I'm the one ignoring you, but here we go:

https://deadline.com/2020/06/australian-camera-crew-attacked-by-police-on-live-tv-in-washington-oz-pm-calls-for-investigation-1202949071/

https://time.com/5846497/journalists-police-george-floyd-protests/

https://theintercept.com/2020/06/04/journalists-attacked-police-george-floyd-protests/

Aussie source for the first link: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-02/channel-7-journalists-assaulted-police-george-floyd-protesters/12312056

Summary website: https://pressfreedomtracker.us/physical-attack/

25 year old loses an eye: https://www.metro.news/shot-protester-loses-eye-as-journalists-come-under-attack-in-protests/2032606/

Journalist loses an eye: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/world/photojournalist-blinded-police-during-george-floyd-protests

There you go, a few examples, all from various sources, and should be mostly from various events. None of them cover rioters, just protesters and journalists.

As for "why this one", it's a matter of the straw that broke the camels back. We all (well, those of us who actually watched the video, I assume many here did not...) saw Floyd get murdered, then the officers were merely fired, and not charged. Then the cops protected the murderers house.

And this is in Minneapolis, the same place where Philando Castile was murdered by a cop because he did the correct thing informing the officer he had a concealed carry license, and that officer got off. And same place the Aussie woman was murdered. So maybe they're a bit sick of people getting killed by police, and this video was long, graphic, seemingly deliberate, and full on heartless. It goes against the entire premise you're sold on what cops are. They are supposed to protect us, but they have been shown to be cruel and heartless and not out to protect.

There is a long history, everywhere, of these transgressions by police. Mostly they're just told to each other, but since cameras are in pockets now, we get to see it a lot more often. And I know this is a wild concept, but a lot of people actually have empathy, and care about other people, and don't wish to see them murdered. And yet we see it happen seemingly more often, and hear stories of it time and again. And it needs to stop. And now a majority of the country is now on board with these protests and saying they are justified. But yet you're here going

Quote:

You seem to have missed that most of the rioters have mostly/all been removed by now. And we're left with protesters. And there ARE THOUSANDS of them. There was an estimated 6-7k in my hometown of 60k population that marched the last two nights. This is a HUGE event, of almost entirely peaceful protests. But you are here calling them "protesters", because you are completely oblivious to what is actually happening in the real world. And then you cry when a little hyperbole is tossed your way, when you're here entirely dismissing things.

I mean, this is INTERNATIONAL: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/06/world/george-floyd-global-protests.html

One of the links I saw said about 20k in Sydney alone protested FOR GEORGE FLOYD the other day. They're not even American! But they see what is happening in this country and they feel bad for our reality. And you're here...denying it. It's right there in front of you. There's endless proof of what is happening.

And some UN human rights remarks: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/05/un-human-rights-monitors-us-modern-racial-terror-lynchings
 Fenrir.Puciato
Server: Fenrir
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-06-07 06:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it would be impossible for the media to spread a video around on social media first and then begin reporting it during primetime ratings hours. Or something.

Why think critically anymore when we can just get outraged, burn people's ***down, and go home.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-07 06:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never advocated for violence towards anyone. Ladyofhonor is on record saying they accept the fact that more bodies will hit the floor for his agenda and saying violence is the only way. Every argument we have he likes to skip reading entirely if it isn't about killing cops. They just think because I specifically didn't mention George or this movement in my posts that I don't care. As if somehow I'm only allowed to care about one issue.

He likes to twist words to demean the argument of anyone he is up against. Specifically said I was calling for violence and death simply because I said NG should be called in to "squash" rioting because they can handle it better than police. What do ya know, the states that enacted this had a higher success rate in curbing the rioting.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-06-07 07:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I just wanna point out something odd I noticed and this opinion is prolly not popular. Why are the media painting George as some saint? I looked at CNNs "who was George Floyd" and they conveniently left out the fact he has a criminal history, the fact that he was high on drugs at that time and also that he was traveling in the car with current fugitives. They literally paint him with angel wings on murals and praise him on CNN but David Dorn who was a decorated police officer and beloved by his community only gets a blurb on their website.

A little biased no? See this for reference on the criminals he was traveling with:

@1:15
YouTube Video Placeholder

This doesn't at all excuse what happened to him, just seems odd they paint him as some model citizen and completely ignore a real one like David.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-06-07 07:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I pay my taxes, tip my doorman, help old ladies cross the street. I would say so tbh
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
Server: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-06-07 08:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
One of the links I saw said about 20k in Sydney alone protested FOR GEORGE FLOYD the other day. They're not even American! But they see what is happening in this country and they feel bad for our reality. And you're here...denying it. It's right there in front of you. There's endless proof of what is happening.

The only proof we have is that there are thousands and thousands of good little pawns and toy soldiers just like you that get wound up and set loose on the world anytime they're told to care about subject [insert emotional nonsense here].

Sydney and AU better focus on their own..."Youth" crime problem. It seems the immigrant children are forming violent gangs. I wonder what the outcome will be. Probably hugs from the police.

The UN is a joke. The worst abusers of Human Rights sit on the counsel. They have 0 moral authority on anything, especially their army of UN Peacekeeper child rapists. If you're gonna make an appeal to authority, you better make sure they're not pure garbage first.

Why do you expect us to give 2 s**ts about morons that go out in the chaos with the protesters, looters, rioters, and Antifa and get a boo-boo? What did you think was gonna happen? This was all entirely predictable. We don't live in Star Trek or some Progressive utopia and it's not because of the cops. It's because of all of us. I hope they, and you are all learning a lesson.

Quote:
but a lot of people actually have empathy

Empathy is all you have. It dictates your every thought and you keep talking about it like it's the only thing that matters. Go live in the hood for a few years and come back and talk to us about your empathy.

This is how it's always gonna be. It's the cost of doing business. We accept there are gonna be a few bad cops doing stupid s**t just like there are bad people in every career field doing stupid s**t and f**king up. Do we all care when someone is killed by the police unjustly? Yes. Are we going to toss in the towel and say no more police or no more use of force by the police? HELL NO! You are so out of touch with reality it hurts.

You keep making this a race issue too. It's not. Twice as many white people are killed by police. It's honestly incredible that without any evidence at all, this has been spun into a race issue and that the guy was killed cause he was black. PROVE IT.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 117 118 119