Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 117 118 119
By volkom 2020-06-05 09:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

coworkers sent me this ~

YouTube Video Placeholder

feel bad for the 16yr old kid who got shot ~ but where's the parents? They've seen some of the results of the protests riots day 1 of this event and knew that protesting could possibly turn violent. You have the right to peaceably assemble and you lose that right when the assembly becomes violent. know the risks if you decide to protest
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 09:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Riiiiight, the rubber bullet isn't visible on the ground, so it didn't happen. oh *** kay.

This is why you're banned everywhere else.
K. If that's the best retort you can come up with, fine by me.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 10:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By volkom 2020-06-05 10:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-05 10:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rioters aand looters still make up a minuscule fraction of the people showing up at the protests.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-05 10:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

The literal definition of Uncle Tom
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 10:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation from Eiryl to English: "I don't agree with him, so I'm going to make derogatory comments about him."
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-05 11:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be real here, no one in P&R is a big kid.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 11:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't respond to him.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-05 11:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There's always a market for black folks who are willing to sell out their own. It's a consistent grifting opportunity for unscrupulous types.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 11:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
There's always a market for black folks who are willing to sell out their own. It's a consistent grifting opportunity for unscrupulous types.
Did you not listen to the video at all?

He made some incredible points.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-05 11:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I got about two minutes in, toughed out the "I got nothing for peaceful protesters" but then I checked out when he started up with "George Floyd was no angel" ***.

Absolute buffoonery.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 11:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I got about two minutes in, toughed out the "I got nothing for peaceful protesters" but then I checked out when he started up with "George Floyd was no angel" ***.

Absolute buffoonery.
He goes on to say that the looters out there destroying the neighborhoods are hurting themselves, and they are counter-productive to the protests. Then he said that there are no protests when black gang members shoot black civilians, and these protesters are being hypocritical about that.

I get it, you don't want to hear another person's viewpoints. So, instead, you shut yourself off from any dissenting viewpoints. That doesn't help you one bit.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-05 11:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how quickly the Left’s intolerance for racial slurs drops off the map the second that a black person strays off the Democrat plantation.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 11:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a LONG history of violent riots connected timing wise with peaceful protesting, and those against the message of the protesters lumping both groups into one because it allows blame to be shifted.

In reality, there is almost ZERO connection between the protesters and rioters except timing. Connecting the two in media stories and/or complaints is merely a century-old trick to demean the message of the protesters. It was done during the era of Frederick Douglass, Rosa Parks, Vietnam protests, Rodney King, and now.

Start a legit dialogue about the desires of the PROTESTERS and then we can talk. Keep lumping them together with the RIOTERS that most don't want anyways, and I'll know you're just using old Klan tactics openly and without any guilt.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 11:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-05 11:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Report: Trying to bring politics into not P&R needs to exist. Spam isn't good enough.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-05 11:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
There is a LONG history of violent riots connected timing wise with peaceful protesting, and those against the message of the protesters lumping both groups into one because it allows blame to be shifted.

In reality, there is almost ZERO connection between the protesters and rioters except timing. Connecting the two in media stories and/or complaints is merely a century-old trick to demean the message of the protesters. It was done during the era of Frederick Douglass, Rosa Parks, Vietnam protests, Rodney King, and now.

Start a legit dialogue about the desires of the PROTESTERS and then we can talk. Keep lumping them together with the RIOTERS that most don't want anyways, and I'll know you're just using old Klan tactics openly and without any guilt.

The right has gone right back to the Klan tactics and they aren't even slick about it. "Outside agitators" has been used frequently this week to discredit demonstrations and to pretend that the people in this communities aren't outraged about the behavior of local law enforcement. Anything to avoid addressing the legitimate gripes of the protesters.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-06-05 11:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite part is white people blaming ALL the white people.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 11:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The right has gone right back to the Klan tactics and they aren't even slick about it. "Outside agitators" has been used frequently this week to discredit demonstrations and to pretend that the people in this communities aren't outraged about the behavior of local law enforcement. Anything to avoid addressing the legitimate gripes of the protesters.

Its amazing that the social-media dominated world we now live in functions best with the lies used back in the late 1880s vs ushering in a new era of truth because everyone would be able to contribute to that truth with personal cameras,etc. Nah, hire a bunch of fake rioters to generate Twitter and Instagram content with the intent of clouding the issue for their benefit.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 11:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

"Outside agitators" has been used frequently this week to discredit demonstrations and to pretend that the people in this communities aren't outraged about the behavior of local law enforcement. Anything to avoid addressing the legitimate gripes of the protesters.
I would think that differentiating looters from protesters would help your cause more.

But hey, if you want to combine looters, rioters, Antifa, and peaceful protesters together, by all means, go for it. Don't blame me when your messaging gets lost in the muddle.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 12:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

"Outside agitators" has been used frequently this week to discredit demonstrations and to pretend that the people in this communities aren't outraged about the behavior of local law enforcement. Anything to avoid addressing the legitimate gripes of the protesters.
I would think that differentiating looters from protesters would help your cause more.

But hey, if you want to combine looters, rioters, Antifa, and peaceful protesters together, by all means, go for it. Don't blame me when your messaging gets lost in the muddle.

Kinda confused by your take on his post. To me, it read he was in agreement that yes, the message has been clouded because "outside agitators" have been sent by groups against such protests to cloud it, and he's against that.

Then your reply made it sound like he was FOR such clouding of the issues, rather than complaining about it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 12:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

Kinda confused by your take on his post. To me, it read he was in agreement that yes, the message has been clouded because "outside agitators" have been sent by groups against such protests to cloud it, and he's against that.

Then your reply made it sound like he was FOR such clouding of the issues, rather than complaining about it.
Well, he accused the "right" for the "outside agitators." Except Antifa is far left. The only mention of "outside agitators" by the right is commentary. And it's to differentiate the difference between looters and protesters.

So, in my eyes, by condemning "outside agitators" and calling it a tactic of the right, he is condemning the attempts to separate looters from protesters.

If he was against the "outside agitators" he would have left out his little tid-bit about this being a "right tactic"
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 12:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the US at least as having moved past the definitions of "right" and "left" that the majority of current voters grew up with somewhere around 2010.

Too many aspects of the "right" platform are big government, loss of personal freedom, and loss of personal rights. And too many of the "left" agendas are based around big business interests.

Not to mention that the origin of those terms couldn't be further from their current understandings. The "left" originally was the revolutionist movements in places such as France while they got rid of their monarchistic control, who were seen as the "right". So the left used to be for personal freedom and individualism, and the right was for big government and control. Then, sometime during the Communist Revolution, the "left" became that for government regulation and the "right" became pro-individuality. And yet again, we are approaching a switch where the "right" is for big government again and "traditional" values, whereas the new "left" is fighting for individuality again....to me the terms arent' even worth using any more.

In reality, its about government planning vs individual freedoms. The parties might changes, the names might change, but those two forces are always in opposition. The hard part is finding who is truly in support of what.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 12:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

PM for political reasons.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-05 12:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, you think the "hypocrisy" of people not protesting criminal gangs murdering people, but protesting civil servants murdering people is a good point?
LMFAO
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 12:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
Wait, you think the "hypocrisy" of people not protesting criminal gangs murdering people, but protesting civil servants murdering people is a good point?
LMFAO
Point on the doll where I hurt you to the post where I said that murder is ever good.

I do believe my first post on this thread was in support of the peaceful protests associated with George Floyd's death.

But I do believe it is hypocritical for people to not protest the murder of other black members of the community, and only protest selected "socially convenient" murders to protest about.

Are you angry that David Dorn was murdered in cold blood?
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 117 118 119