Returning Player.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Quetzalcoatl » Returning player.
Returning player.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-05-23 12:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Just returned to the game, met a few old friends that are still playing. Been trying to learn the ropes on some of the new things. I was just wondering if there are any groups willing to take in a n00b who has played in 6 years, and teach him how the new events run?

From what I can see so far, there's Omen, Ambuscade, Dynamis-D, and Vagary. Probably more but I'm still relearning. Just looking for a group to run some of this stuff with so I can un-gimp myself.

I do have a few pieces of 119 gear. My evening work schedule is a little more random than usual due to COVID-19, but if I'm not working on any event night, I can definitely be counted on to attend.

My in-game name is now Classikal, if anyone is interested in talking.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-23 13:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

By RadialArcana 2020-05-23 14:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If I came back from a long break I would get on with missions I missed first, Rhapsodies mainly is what you need to do

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Rhapsodies_of_Vanadiel_Missions

During that I would get full 119 gear and weapon from Adoulin NPC, takes minutes or a few hours if you have never done records of eminence.

Once you unlock Escha Zitah (rhapsodies mission..1-4) do Domain invasion for points every day, this is an easy way to get really great 119 gear. The dragon respawns every 20 minutes or so, you only need to kill it once to cap your daily points and it's a free to all zerg fight so you can practically afk while whacking it.

Can also do very easy mode Ambuscade to work on other bits of gear and a really good weapon, it's a monthly rotated dungeon that gives points for completion. You can then use points to get gear, weapons and sellable items.

Can do this stuff while you get a shell etc
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-05-23 15:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the missions done, one of the last things I did before I quit was rhapsodies, just to “beat the game”. My friend explained to me about Domain, and that augment NPC in Norg. Showed me a camp in Reisenjima I can solo capacity points at. Haven’t messed with Ambuscade yet. I was afraid it might be too hard solo. But I’ll check it out.

I have a 119 II Mandau and a Jugo Kukri +1/Izhiikoh for weapons when I quit.