Forum » FFXIAH.com » News » Guildwork maintenance
Guildwork maintenance
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Forg
By Asura.Lilbobbycorwen 2021-01-21 13:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

To anyone trying to make the Ashita plugin work, the reason it fails is it tried to download the exe every run (wtf?) and the url it uses is incorrect, so it downloads the 404 error response and writes that to the exe's filename instead - even if the right file was already present! (again wtf..)

If you drop the correct exe+dll in its folder and write protect it, everything works fine (I nabbed the exe from a windower install). Note you may have to terminate the process it spawned if you ran it but didn't write protect it, as it'll get stuck easily if pol goes down.
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Server: Ragnarok
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2021-01-23 10:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gennss said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Did you resync your character on ffxiah?

I don’t know. I did the set up with the buying the crystal thing.
And gw flush —add. But that’s all I’ve done so far

I'm having the exact same issue. I transferred servers, re-added the characters to FFXIAH via AH, did the gw flush --add, and nothing.
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-01-24 21:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Guildwork is undergoing maintenance to correct some underlying issues. It will be back up tomorrow.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-01-25 08:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

GW is back up. There's more maintenance coming, though, so be aware.
 Ragnarok.Gennss
Server: Ragnarok
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2021-01-25 09:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm still doesnt seem to be updating anything even thought he character appears on the list there.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
By richwood 2021-03-16 00:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I came across this today; which leads me to believe guildwork will not work with connecting new accounts for returning players?
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-16 01:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

richwood said: »
I came across this today; which leads me to believe guildwork will not work with connecting new accounts for returning players?

Don't think you can link images with tinyurl here because that seems to be broken; like so many things.

Anyway, here is what the above person linked:

(which is old, but accurate, news).
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-03-16 02:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Don't think you can link images with tinyurl here because that seems to be broken; like so many things.
I wouldn't say this is broken but not something that was around when AH Forums were made even discord handles it differently which is much newer.

AH expects a direct link to things.

Actually AH Forums handle tinyurls just fine if links to the direct image: https://tinyurl.com/chiatestimage2 (like the above image) or https://i.imgur.com/dTLWrpr.png

It fails with both https://imgur.com/dTLWrpr or https://tinyurl.com/chiatestimage , which IMO is expected from software this old best case it displays it differently like discord does.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [227 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-10-29 04:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Been getting the classic "Guildwork is down or your connection is experiencing problems" line for a few months now. Is it officially dead? Or is there anything that can be done to fix? Cheers.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-29 04:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-29 07:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

awwwww
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-29 07:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess technically you were let down so that is a form of being surprised.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-10-30 08:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a serious question. If so, I can stop trying to figure this out, drop Guildwork from addons and forget about it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-30 08:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
It was a serious question. If so, I can stop trying to figure this out, drop Guildwork from addons and forget about it.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56171/guildwork-no-longer-has-charcter-linked/5/

YA GOTTA FOLLOW THE FFXIAH MYTHOS MORE CLOSELY
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-10-30 10:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhhh, missed that one. Shoot me, I don't read every single thread to appear in the forum. The short answer to this is to give up on it. Thanks for letting me know, although I'd have accepted someone just saying to move on, the grave has already been dug, lol.
By Rips 2021-10-30 11:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhhh, missed that one. Shoot me, I don't read every single thread to appear in the forum. The short answer to this is to give up on it. Thanks for letting me know, although I'd have accepted someone just saying to move on, the grave has already been dug, lol.

People love to try and be funny or smart rather than say "Hey bud, you missed this important thread over *here* and justify it by calling you lazy for not searching through each thread.

It's just threads on a dead forum.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-10-30 11:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

People post for entertainment, it's not a business response platform. Sometimes people rib you a bit but it wasn't meant to be mean or an attack.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-30 12:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »

People love to try and be funny or smart rather than say "Hey bud, you missed this important thread over *here* and justify it by calling you lazy for not searching through each thread.

I mean literally no one called him lazy, but w/e you say, dude.
By Jetackuu 2021-10-30 12:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

I mean literally no one called him lazy, but w/e you say, dude.

They just want to whine, nothing you can do.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-10-30 12:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the underlying issues. Has anyone considered crowd funding support for a few of our FFXI active players who are also programmers to create a new guildwork/FFXIAH type add on, web page, etc? Something I would definitely donate to for the usefulness of a bazaar function alone. The achievements and what not are not as much a concern. Even something simple like a $1 a month sub for the functionality of it all. I am sure it could be a decent cash flow for active player/programmers. Just a thought. Enjoy the day.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-30 12:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey bud, you missed this important thread over *here*

Thinking any thread on this forum was ever important:

I'm not at home where I can edit out the top text and bottom watermark bar, but just imagine this image without them.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7