Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Primed For Adventure
Primed For Adventure
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13
By Meeeeeep 2021-06-06 12:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who knows these two from FFXIV would know they're *** garbage players. The only time I've ever seen them do anything remotely hard in FFXIV, they did so poorly they were laughed at.
https://www.fflogs.com/character/na/lamia/sqex%20okieeomi#zone=29
https://www.fflogs.com/character/na/lamia/sqex%20sicycre#zone=29

They are not good at the game and the stream they did about Savage in XIV in my opinion did more harm than good with respect to encouraging players to do it, because they were so bad at it.

I am absolutely not surprised they did not show off anything good about FFXI, because they don't know it, nor are they good enough players that they could pick it up and show it off in a good light in any reasonable time.
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-06-06 13:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be honest, if the 10 most frequent posters on these forums came up with a collective list of 100 things they wanted the developers to give them in this game - and then received it no questions asked... they would STILL figure out something to b8tch about. Some people are perpetually glass half full and that makes up more than 80% of the common posters on this forum.

We can't expect a community rep to have the same competency as someone who has spent literal years of their life playing FFXI. That being said, like professional sports where 1 of the 3-4 casters is a former pro, it would seem to make sense to have as a guest. Ruaumoko would be one who is tactful imo.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-08 15:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw this wholesome random comment in my 2nd linkshell just now and it reminded me that not everybody in this game is all about the endgame and, to some, even a basic ambuscade battle can be an epic struggle/win.

I don't think "Primed For Adventure" should even be acknowledged by any know-it-all or e-peen players as it really seems geared nearly exclusively towards the kind of players in this screenshot rather than the hardcore FFXI-lifers.

Also, I'm not trying to snowflake/safespace/simp/whiteknight for the streamers as they are adults and know exactly what to expect out of the fringe members of the playerbase, but holy *** is there some toxic *** posts in this thread.

Maybe remind yourself that it is just a video game. Actually, ya know what? With posts like these, there are some serious underlying mental health issues going on probably so this comment will fall on deaf ears and really not help. Here is a quote though that I'd like some of you to read and apply it to yourselves if you feel like I'm talking to you when I say "toxic posts". Ready? Three questions. Here we go:

"Does this need to be said? Does this need to be said by me? Does this need to be said by me now?" ~ Craig Ferguson
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-08 15:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a difference between being toxic and being honest.

It's a little bit of both. Overly mean, but still factually accurate.

I just want these three wastes of space to do their *** job title. I don't believe that to be asking to much. It's what you are paid to do. So. Do it, feel me? Represent the community. Be capable of the absolute minimums. Play more than 10 HOURS per YEAR.

(three, zexhos isn't as bad as those two, but he's not doing his job well either, just out of the spotlight)
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-08 15:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I just want these three wastes of space to do their *** job title.

I don't think that two hours of video once every 3~6 months is enough time to represent the community. They would need a streamer uploading content at least once a week (more likely a few times per week) with each video being longer to really bite into any substance of the game.
By RadialArcana 2021-06-08 15:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Be glad you don't play ff14, they would of banned you by now for this off game post.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-08 15:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I just want these three wastes of space to do their *** job title.

I don't think that two hours of video once every 3~6 months is enough time to represent the community. They would need a streamer uploading content at least once a week (more likely a few times per week) with each video being longer to really bite into any substance of the game.

There's nothing stopping them from playing XI during literally any other time except the fact that they don't want to.

And that's why they're bad *** reps.

They don't interact with the community at all (minus 2 hours every other month on stream, but we're not allowed to see it because chat is blocked). They don't play the game at all (minus 2 hours every other month). They don't help the community with information at all. They don't post at all. They don't do a damn thing worthy of the title.
By mhomho 2021-06-08 16:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Worlace said: »
Ruaumoko would be one who

has used things like anchor that the developers frown upon. Even just using Gearswap is frowned upon.

Play more than 10 HOURS per YEAR.
This exemplifies the problem with the community reps.

They would need a streamer uploading content
Ruau is close and relatively palletable. Someone like Martel would be better.

There's nothing stopping them from playing XI during literally any other time except the fact that they don't want to.

And that's why they're bad *** reps.

He speaks the truth! How can you represent a community if you aren't fully divested into it?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-08 17:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

EN client/players are on the backburner of a backburner. FFXI is 19 year (more if you count development years) old news = backburner #1. JP client is priority as that is the primary language the devs and SquareEnix friggin' use = backburner #2.

Gonna go out on a limb and say SquareEnix Japan loves English client's money, but doesn't care about English client's concerns. They know we were playing this before Primed For Adventure and would be playing it if was not a thing at all.

Again, as I posted before, this is more of a nod just to verify that they know we (English client players) exist. If it wasn't for the simple number of EN players, I'm sure the EN client would have been abandoned/moth-balled/decommissioned like the French and German client, update translations, and site were.

We're lucky we get anything at all and if Primed For Adventure (or the community reps) bother you, ignore them. The user-end experience of playing the game is the exact same if you only log into FFXI and never read the news / version update notes / forum threads as it is if you live and breathe FFXI.
By mhomho 2021-06-08 17:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We're lucky we get anything at all
Then why not give us nothing. Nothing is better than this. How hard is it to get one color caster and one former pro? That's pretty much the standard for these types of things. Instead we get these clowns. Which one is supposed to be the caster and which is the former pro? The way one of them breaks out their old notebook makes it seem like they're the former pro, but they don't have the knowledge base to back it up. That means they've been carried this entire time. The comments about them failing in 14 follow suit. Why should these people have jobs with SE? What qualifies them to be community representatives?

The answer is simple: Primed for Adventure shouldn't exist. If enough people ignore it, then it will go away as SE realizes they're wasting money. I'd be interested in seeing analytics that vouch for the community reps rather than a cor that can't be bothered to make in game macros to swap gear for rolls. The money spent on the staff of Primed for Adventure could be put to better use on a developer to maintain the game.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-06-08 17:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Be glad you don't play ff14, they would of banned you by now for this off game post.

Taking ***out of context but the actual story was they were harassing a player on stream because of low DPS on ACT which turned to chat harassing them in game which then got him a temp ban. Im shocked that arsehole never got banned in XI.

Meeeeeep said: »
Anyone who knows these two from FFXIV would know they're *** garbage players. The only time I've ever seen them do anything remotely hard in FFXIV, they did so poorly they were laughed at.
https://www.fflogs.com/character/na/lamia/sqex%20okieeomi#zone=29
https://www.fflogs.com/character/na/lamia/sqex%20sicycre#zone=29

They are not good at the game and the stream they did about Savage in XIV in my opinion did more harm than good with respect to encouraging players to do it, because they were so bad at it.

I am absolutely not surprised they did not show off anything good about FFXI, because they don't know it, nor are they good enough players that they could pick it up and show it off in a good light in any reasonable time.

While they might not be top tier players they still cleared the fight and Sicycre actually did the most damage in that party and Okieeomi did the most healing with the least overheal. This is again something that is out of context with many parses being uploaded before and since they did that stream which effects percentiles. Now idk what gear they were using but id assume it was i450 while the cap was i470 since the parse was added in oct 2019 which is 2 months after the savage raid launched.

Many of you are forgetting that these streams that they do are not targeted at endgame players but at new people wanting to get into either game.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-06-08 17:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxi is pretty unfun to watch. you guys are telling me you enjoy watching ejiin solo omen for an hour every night? lol.. i'm not sure what a lot of you expect
By Draylo 2021-06-08 18:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I would rather see end game content being done, even if done poorly, then to see dunes/qufim EXP parties.. That is the worst type of content they can possibly do.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-06-08 18:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

draylo, don't you post in every single thread that you'll be playing ffxi until the day you die regardless of the content released/etc?

i do not think you or anyone in this thread is the target audience of these streams. FFXI is an incredibly unfun game to watch. most of the popular ffxi streamers just have cult like followings, they aren't actually there to watch anything.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-08 18:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe one of their issues that they're facing is trying to get new players into FFXI. SE hsa made the game installer more simple. They have created the Assist Chat channel. The Adventure Primer was made, but it's so buried, how would new players (or even vets) even know it exists? (Menu > Help Desk > Adventure Primer > )

I believe the hosts of PFA have asked for ideas during stream before. This stuff really really really isn't directed at vets. The reason they did Ambuscade was that it was a method for obtaining 119 gear that could be a stepping stone between fresh Sparks gear and things like cursed abjuration stuff and reforges.

I think the Community Reps AND SquareEnix devs/producers are kind of banging their heads against the wall as far as how to open the game up to new users.

If they were not "garbage players without even simple equip change macros", then they would come off as too advanced for new players and that's most likely what they're trying for. Getting new players to join and returning players caught up.
By mhomho 2021-06-08 18:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting new players to join and returning players caught up.
Except they aren't accomplishing that. SE gets more subs from returning RMT. Should they cater to their needs?
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-06-08 18:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
Getting new players to join and returning players caught up.
Except they aren't accomplishing that. SE gets more subs from returning RMT. Should they cater to their needs?
well, returning RMT are going to resubscribe regardless of these streams as well.

pretty self defeatist point you laid out there bruh
By mhomho 2021-06-08 19:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
RMT are going to resubscribe regardless of these streams as well.
They only return if they get banned to start with and there's enough demand to necessitate it. Are the new players buying from them to support aeonic clears or job point farming? The type of new players that see someone rocking a rostam and think they need it to compete because they don't understand game mechanics that these streams should teach them (atleast at a basic or entry level). Suggestions have been given to make the stream better, but none of it is taken seriously enough to come to fruition. Instead people are all like just be happy with what we got. Except, who asked for it? Who initiated the production? The players? Doubtful. It sounds like the ploy of some higher up that thinks social media is the way instead of simply making the game better. It's squandering resources.
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-06-08 19:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don’t know that they’re necessarily looking for more new players, but keeping the new ones who join daily involved. Don’t believe me? Check the Reddit thread. It’s full with multiple people daily either returning or picking up the game from scratch.
[+]
By Manque 2021-06-08 23:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Worlace said: »
I don’t know that they’re necessarily looking for more new players, but keeping the new ones who join daily involved. Don’t believe me? Check the Reddit thread. It’s full with multiple people daily either returning or picking up the game from scratch.

I see this too. The tricky part is getting them to stick around before they feel so overwhelmed by everything. I'm not active in endgame anymore so whenever I see a fresh 99 I take them on a tour of Escah Zitah and get them key vanya, rawhide, pieces and some lixirs to give them a boost or even staple UNM pieces like refresh pants, FC boots, etc. If they don't have this kind of party involvement early on and are simply bulldozing through missions/quests, they get burnt out and quit. Give people a hand if you have the time.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-06-09 01:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

draylo, don't you post in every single thread that you'll be playing ffxi until the day you die regardless of the content released/etc?

i do not think you or anyone in this thread is the target audience of these streams. FFXI is an incredibly unfun game to watch. most of the popular ffxi streamers just have cult like followings, they aren't actually there to watch anything.

No MMO is fun to watch, the popular mmo streams are watched for the person streaming and not the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ninja still streams FFXI sometimes now.
By RadialArcana 2021-06-09 01:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »

Taking ***out of context but the actual story was they were harassing a player on stream because of low DPS on ACT which turned to chat harassing them in game which then got him a temp ban. Im shocked that arsehole never got banned in XI.

The point is, that the GM staff for ff14 will ban players for "toxic" actions off the game. Which is insanity. They don't do this because it's company policy, they do this because the players that play that game want it.

This would be like your ISP removing your service because you had an argument with someone on facebook, the rule was always that the corporation took action if you did something on their service. That is no longer the case on some companies services.

They literally mention it is becuse of the video and demanding he take the stream vod down. IF it was because of ingame actions then they should ban for that and not ever mention the outside content.

If I call someone a fathead in a post and 10 people go call him a fathead should I get baned for "instigating" the fathead getting abuse?
By Mattelot 2021-06-09 05:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is, that the GM staff for ff14 will ban players for "toxic" actions off the game. Which is insanity. They don't do this because it's company policy, they do this because the players that play that game want it.

This would be like your ISP removing your service because you had an argument with someone on facebook, the rule was always that the corporation took action if you did something on their service. That is no longer the case on some companies services.

They literally mention it is becuse of the video and demanding he take the stream vod down. IF it was because of ingame actions then they should ban for that and not ever mention the outside content.

If I call someone a fathead in a post and 10 people go call him a fathead should I get baned for "instigating" the fathead getting abuse?

FF14 has a horrible community despite what some nutcases try to rationalize. It's a fun game but the company's measures for controlling toxicity are a little off. Granted, they're thinking outside the box at this point because it got to the point where people hardly talked in-game out of fear of being banned. They take it to reddit where new players are berated simply for asking questions. Can't tell who's who in that place.

I just don't get what the deal is with the spike in people being shitheads to others in games over the past decade. While it didn't start back then, it's surely gotten worse.

On a side note, a long time ago, many ISPs would shut off your service if they got a good legit report from someone that you were causing problems on their internet.
By RadialArcana 2021-06-09 07:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Online gaming has always been like that, just that it's gone mainstream over the past 4-5 years so these newcomers are outraged how we savages talk to each other.

The reason FF14 is more censorious than others is because they have a lot more people that are new to online gaming and are constantly reporting people for trash talk, being mean or just not being nice to them in endgame content.

If a game has a lot more of these kinds of people, they get far more reports for "toxic behavior" and so the company has to try keep them happy and deal with it. That's why ff14 has all those silly rules about not being mean to other players.
By Mattelot 2021-06-09 08:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Online gaming has always been like that, just that it's gone mainstream over the past 4-5 years so these newcomers are outraged how we savages talk to each other.

The reason FF14 is more censorious than others is because they have a lot more people that are new to online gaming and are constantly reporting people for trash talk, being mean or just not being nice to them in endgame content.

If a game has a lot more of these kinds of people, they get far more reports for "toxic behavior" and so the company has to try keep them happy and deal with it. That's why ff14 has all those silly rules about not being mean to other players.

I can only speak for myself but back when FFXI first came out, there was nowhere near the shitheads and talk like there is now. Sure, it happened but not like today. WoW was the same. The original vanilla community had people here and there who trolled but those people got banned back then. Today, it's like the norm or something.

Then people like to throw around the "grow thicker skin" comment rather than learn to compose themselves better. It's even sadder when you see people my age who compose themselves like an 18 year old who just got his very own internet account because there is no accoutability.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-06-09 08:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No MMO is fun to watch, the popular mmo streams are watched for the person streaming and not the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ninja still streams FFXI sometimes now.
progression raiding gets proportional views to game population. mmos are not the big games anymore. league of legends and FPS games have 30x the population of even WoW and ff14. (you could argue that this is because they are free but that's irrelevant..)

the people watching ejiins stream are a cult, ffxi retail generally will have 5 viewers if he is not online, you can't relate this to any other game. if doublelift for example is not streaming league of legends it still has over 100k viewers, if he's streaming it might have 105k.

ffxi is not fun to watch
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-09 10:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxi is not fun to watch
It wasn't designed to be fun to watch. I doubt the developers ever dreamed streaming would exist back in the year 2000. That's probably one of the reasons it's never really taken off. Its pace is slow and it lacks flair. FFXI's biggest doses of serotonin come from the satisfying impact of a huge skillchain and the gratification that comes from overcoming challenging hurdles or months-long tasks.

None of those translate well for second parties.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-06-09 10:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

wish we could downvote posts
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-09 10:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

wish we could downvote posts
I like the current system. It allows you to agree with a post without having to occupy an entire post with "Agreed" or "That was really funny", yet requires you to elaborate on what it is you didn't like about another person's post if you disagreed with it.

I'm assuming you disagreed with something I said. Now I'm curious which part(s) and why. (This highlights what I meant above, too)
By Mattelot 2021-06-09 10:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Downvote systems are the worst... and this is coming from someone who moderates one of the largest subreddits. They're rarely ever used right.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13