Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » RIP Millgo of Odin
RIP Millgo of Odin
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2020-03-02 07:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend and I stumbled upon Millgo one day some years ago, soloing Apex mobs on his little TT MNK. We invited him to CP with us and started chatting right away. It seemed most of his current friends had stopped playing recently and he was killing time by himself. By the end of the party, he had a linkpearl and our Discord. He was the most constant LS member from that moment until the end. Some of us sporadically played, but Millgo was always there when we came back.

His attitude was just as pleasant as described, always greeting people warmly every time they logged in or got on voice.

Millgo was very generous, with his time and attention. He would never say no to anyone, at the worst asking if they could delay it because he was already doing something. One can see by his achievements on here that he put a lot of time into the game. What you can't see by just his profile is all of the things he helped others accomplish and how he touched their lives.

Millgo had some health problems and I have no doubt the game served a huge distraction for them. A lot of us have been through tough times and done the same. I just hope our random adventures and chats together (sometimes as late as the crack of Dawn) enriched his life as much as they did mine.

His passing so suddenly was a shock. It was severely bittersweet. I know he was in pain on a daily basis and that's now passed, but I was looking forward to seeing him get out of his rut and move on with his life.

I'm really going to miss him and doubt I'll ever forget him.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2020-03-22 13:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Milgo.......... My friend, I feel for you, I wish I could've done something. my prayers go to your family and close ones, and of course, to your soul to find peace and rest in the after life.

no matter what, I will always remember you Geffrey, as the nice and amazing person that you were, never judging others before getting to know them and being fair on everything.

you were an example to us all.

I am sorry I didn't do this before, just didn't get to talk to anybody for last few months and to be honest, not sure what to say.

We will all miss you.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [515 days between previous and next post]
By RadialArcana 2021-08-19 11:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I never knew Millgo but I found this thread today while searching for something unrelated on google and from reading this they seemed like a genuinely nice and well liked person, something I read yesterday in a cut-scene yesterday seems fitting.