Who All Got The Banhammer This Time?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who all got the banhammer this time?
Who all got the banhammer this time?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-29 15:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Plain and simple, spamming bidder can get you banned. I built a delay into all my bidding tools when I realized it so I have no idea what the actual threshold is, but this was before they even started actively banning again, so there should be absolutely no doubt that it is a dangerous plugin.
Catch 22 for me. I kind of want scum banned for abusing it but at the same time it is dangerous for the average user. Probably should add a delay I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-02-29 16:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
bidder causing bans

both myself and toralin have said, in no uncertain terms, that bidding too fast or AH botting too long will get you banned

i have personally lost (lv1) accounts to this several times until I realized it was the common factor and stopped doing it, and this was before they even got active again.. bidder has been banworthy since at least 2018

Bidder was amazing not for buying out items but for selling them in all honesty, not having to go through the laggy menu to dump things on the auction house on 8 characters at once all at the same price point was super convenient.

The only time I reall ever uesd it myself for purchasing was for delve items on 8 characters at once and mass purchasing alexandrite all at the same price in small bursts, never leaving something overnight to contionusly bid on items at a certain price threshold.
By BilunSalaes 2020-02-29 17:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

BilunSalaes said: »
No cp / sparks bots, and honestly (yes, being transparent because these bans for petty stuff that I had thought was just quality of life / face-lift stuff at this point minus gaze_check maybe) I haven't even used sellnpc in quite some time. Trying to think I did use the MAGA addon recently, and temps. Again, these are all windower addons. Some you cannot download through windower client, like equipview, I may have used warps shortly after the original ban until someone said that it was a no-no so I stopped using it and started interacting with warp crystal again.

I cannot stress enough from my point of view. Using windower addons for quality of life improvements just doesn't register to me as something that should trigger this, packets or no packets. No running around murdering things for hours on end, no overnight JP grind, etc. Just windower.

Strange... I wonder what it oculd be in your case. Many people have been using the superwarps, especially the update version, and have reported no bans. I don't know about the gaze one, did you actively use that? It might be something automated that causes it to trigger flags, similar to how a bot would operate. Can't speak to that, but only a guess.

Were you using bidder?

No on bidder. I did use MAGA recently, attempted maybe 2500 augments with Oseem one day, but that's UI. I always had warps enabled although never used it, just used the default UI. I don't know if the addon does anything anyways.
By BilunSalaes 2020-02-29 17:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
No cp / sparks bots, and honestly (yes, being transparent because these bans for petty stuff that I had thought was just quality of life / face-lift stuff at this point minus gaze_check maybe) I haven't even used sellnpc in quite some time. Trying to think I did use the MAGA addon recently, and temps. Again, these are all windower addons. Some you cannot download through windower client, like equipview, I may have used warps shortly after the original ban until someone said that it was a no-no so I stopped using it and started interacting with warp crystal again.

I cannot stress enough from my point of view. Using windower addons for quality of life improvements just doesn't register to me as something that should trigger this, packets or no packets. No running around murdering things for hours on end, no overnight JP grind, etc. Just windower.

Strange... I wonder what it oculd be in your case. Many people have been using the superwarps, especially the update version, and have reported no bans. I don't know about the gaze one, did you actively use that? It might be something automated that causes it to trigger flags, similar to how a bot would operate. Can't speak to that, but only a guess.

Were you using bidder?

Hes using many questionable addons. Like the other guy said, whats “QuietSparks”? I did a quick search and didnt find its code on git or similar. And that “Pricer”? I do found mention on this one in windower forum, but it seemed an addon discontinued. Then that “Temps”. Do that addon have requirement checks? Can buy the super revit before doing 20k kills?

Obviously any addon have a certain risk but updated addons or addon with active developer tend to receive more feedback and update it with more security check, etc. while using addon from unknown source tend to have more obscure actions.

Temps won't do anything you cannot legitimately do afaik. It just makes buying temp items and key items easier.
By BilunSalaes 2020-02-29 17:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Temps addon shouldn't be ban worthy, it's one of many QoL addons se needs to implement.

Same with Pouches, the whole silt pouch ***or doing the event which gives the CP capes is like SE want everyone to get RSI and be unable to play.

I definitely used pouches. Quality of life addon.
By BilunSalaes 2020-02-29 17:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

bidder causing bans

both myself and toralin have said, in no uncertain terms, that bidding too fast or AH botting too long will get you banned

i have personally lost (lv1) accounts to this several times until I realized it was the common factor and stopped doing it, and this was before they even got active again.. bidder has been banworthy since at least 2018

FWIW I myself never used bidder. Talking to some others that got caught up, this may have gotten them.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-29 17:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you using bidder?

Hes using many questionable addons. Like the other guy said, whats “QuietSparks”? I did a quick search and didnt find its code on git or similar. And that “Pricer”? I do found mention on this one in windower forum, but it seemed an addon discontinued. Then that “Temps”. Do that addon have requirement checks? Can buy the super revit before doing 20k kills?

Obviously any addon have a certain risk but updated addons or addon with active developer tend to receive more feedback and update it with more security check, etc. while using addon from unknown source tend to have more obscure actions.

Temps won't do anything you cannot legitimately do afaik. It just makes buying temp items and key items easier.

Addons and plugins dont come with innherent checks. If some action checkings is entirely done by client, any addon can bypass it completely. Checks will need to be manually created by developers and if developer dont create them, then the addon will allow player to do a forbidden action. For example, homepoint. The checks if you have said HP unlocked dont come to server but from client. If you attempt to warp to a not unlocked place, you will just warp. Same thing with temps. You need to meet some requirements to have access to some items, but those checks arent server side. If you send a packet to server saying "I want to buy a revitalizer", the server wont ask if you can actually buy it, because in theory the game already did that work. It will just collect the silt and give you the item. Working with packets have that effect. You are just bypassing every client side check.

EDIT: Im not saying the actual addon Temps dont have check. If its a supported addon by an active developer, most likely he will have implemented all checks for safety. But also, any addon is open to be rewrited so you can manually erase those checks if you want.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-29 17:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

By Pantafernando 2020-02-29 18:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

And i just received his gun.

By Triffle 2020-03-01 10:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And i just received his gun.

Odd that it has accuracy and agility, neither of which he is known for.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-01 10:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea this was totally necessary... Keep the politics out of the bannings please. Love or loathe him IDC, got a hard-on much?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-03-01 10:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya considering it's posted in a ***thread about bans.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-03-01 10:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Maga aint getting

Were you using bidder?

No on bidder. I did use MAGA recently, attempted maybe 2500 augments with Oseem one day, but that's UI. I always had warps enabled although never used it, just used the default UI. I don't know if the addon does anything anyways.
2500? That aint getting you banned

Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-01 10:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

Meh, at least it's not bitching about Trump, cause that never gets old.

In before "you must be a Trump supporter then." I am not...
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-03-01 11:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »

Neither does talking about idiots that do dumb ***against TOS and wonder why or whine about it.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-01 11:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-01 11:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither does talking about idiots that do dumb ***against TOS and wonder why or whine about it.

At least we are back on topic. See what I did there.
By Mattelot 2020-03-02 06:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Or try to rationalize why they're cheaters. I've not heard so much reaching since the late 90s when people used to bot in FPS games, not realizing that when you're to the point where you have to bot, the game is no longer for you.
By Drayco 2020-03-02 06:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an easy slippery slope.
Man, turning sparks in sucks... So much menuing it takes forever.
*here's an addon
Man, These stupid HP menus are annoying, especially on 2+ chars...
*here's an addon
Man, I'm so sick of doing this same button input for hours...
*here's an addon

Before you know it, you're a RMT.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-02 07:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question is, why be a RMT on FFXI? Isnt there more profitable games out there?

I always blame more the addicted than the drug dealer. The dealer is there because there is demand otherwise he would be choosimg a more risky crime than feeding retards.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-03-02 07:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question is, why be a RMT on FFXI? Isnt there more profitable games out there?

I always blame more the addicted than the drug dealer. The dealer is there because there is demand otherwise he would be choosimg a more risky crime than feeding retards.

That's pretty much it, the demand.

WoW used to be a profitable game for RMT (obvious from some of the prices of certain items) but when tokens were introduced, RMT became pointless. However, it caused everything to spike even higher in price.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-02 15:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Drayco said: »
*here's an addon
*here's an addon
*here's an addon

That argument doesnt really hold water.

1) No one plays the game vanilla, not even SE

2) Most players are not RMT

3) Ergo, we can conclude using addons does not lead one to become RMT.

4) SE has repeatedly improved the vanilla game due to the existence of addons, so they both know and agree the overall experience of menial tasks sucks and is tedious.
By SkyFrog 2020-03-02 15:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
*here's an addon
*here's an addon
*here's an addon

1) No one plays the game vanilla, not even SE...

You know, your sh#t is getting really old. Not everyone uses 3rd party tools to play the game. There are many 100% vanilla players. Stop projecting your own seedy lifestyle onto the masses.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-03-02 15:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SkyFrog said: »
*here's an addon
*here's an addon
*here's an addon

You know, your sh#t is getting really old. Not everyone uses 3rd party tools to play the game. There are many 100% vanilla players. Stop projecting your own seedy lifestyle onto the masses.

Seedy lifestyle? Tell me more.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-02 19:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

1) No one plays the game vanilla, not even SE
If I am no one, then does that make me everyone? Am I like unto a god then?

Bow down before me, mortals!
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-02 19:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

*here's an addon
*here's an addon
*here's an addon

All 0 of them.
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-02 20:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

All 0 of them.
You know, when Adam Savage said to reject reality and substitute you're own, he didn't mean to actually to do it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-02 20:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Loynis said: »

All 0 of them.
You know, when Adam Savage said to reject reality and substitute you're own, he didn't mean to actually to do it.

Across all servers, youd be lucky to find 50 players that actually play the game vanilla. Hell, you could even argue that just using ffxiah for ah prices is not vanilla. Between needing dgvoodoo or ashitas DX9 hack to be able to play the game at an acceptable level to the numerous benefits of ashita and windower in general, no statistically significant number of players actually play the game vanilla. Even the devs use windower and numerous addons because it makes the game better. There is no argument to be made that vanilla players exist in any recognizable quantity.
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-02 20:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, legitimately are you okay?
Second, you'll have to provide statistics to backup those numbers. Don't just pull data out of your ***, it just makes you look bad.
Third, the dev's use a special dev version, that has access to dev resources. I highly doubt they actually use windower or ashita to develop the game.

To clarify on point two, by provide I mean show links to a credible site that can prove your point.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-02 20:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, you could even argue that just using ffxiah for ah prices is not vanilla.

Reported.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11