Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Selindrile GS HALP, COR ROST
Selindrile GS HALP, COR ROST
By Zanii 2020-02-07 08:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys! I'm looking for some help, using default Selindrile's COR lua. I'm trying to figure out the easiest way for GS to equip my Phantom Roll Rostrum and then after rolls are finished, to equip my melee weapons back. Is this possible to do or do i just macro equipsets for when im about to roll?

Most of the time I'm not rolling in combat unless something wipes rolls, I dont mind wsing and then rolling and losing some TP and DPS time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
By SimonSes 2020-02-07 08:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

In COR.lua
Code
if spell.type == 'CorsairRoll' and state.CompensatorMode.value ~= 'Never' and (state.CompensatorMode.value == 'Always' or tonumber(state.CompensatorMode.value) > player.tp) then
			if item_available("Compensator") then
				enable('range')
				equip({range="Compensator"})
			end
			if item_available("Rostam") then
				enable('main')
				equip({main={name="Rostam", bag="Wardrobe 2"}})
			end
		end

Then in your Name_COR_Gear.lua put 'Always' as first option for Compensator Mode
Code
state.CompensatorMode:options('Always','300','1000','Never')
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2020-02-07 08:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not gonna work, if you update seli's GS through Github, whenever he updates, it will overwrite whatever changes you made to cor.lua, he advises to not update or change the basic.lua portion of his GS for this reason, you are better off by using a toggle to change back and forth your weapons, his weapon toggle is already F7 by default
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-07 08:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't do that in your COR.lua.

Do it in your <charactername>_COR_gear.lua file
Code
function user_job_post_precast(spell, spellMap, eventArgs)
  if spell.type == 'CorsairRoll' and state.CompensatorMode.value ~= 'Never' and (state.CompensatorMode.value == 'Always' or tonumber(state.CompensatorMode.value) <= player.tp) then
    if item_available("Rostam") then
      enable('main')
      equip({main={name="Rostam", bag="Wardrobe 2"}})
    end
  end
end

function user_job_post_aftercast(spell, spellMap, eventArgs)
  if spell.type == 'CorsairRoll' and state.CompensatorMode.value ~= 'Never' and (state.CompensatorMode.value == 'Always' or tonumber(state.CompensatorMode.value) <= player.tp) then
    send_command('gs c weapons')
  end
end

If you do the code in COR.lua it will be gone every time you fetch from the master repo.

Edit:

You don't need to do the code for Compensator itself, it's already handled in job_post_precast.

You need to add the user_job_post_aftercast or you'll stay in that rostam after rolling.
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-02-07 09:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a simpler way to do it: just specify the bag you save your weapon in within the appropriate set the name_cor_gear.lua. You don't need any more code, see format below.
Code
    sets.precast.CorsairRoll = {main={name="Lanun Knife",bag="Wardrobe2"},range="Compensator",
        head="Lanun Tricorne +1",neck="Regal Necklace",ear2="Etiolation Earring",
        body="Meg. Cuirie +2",hands="Chasseur's Gants +1",ring1="Defending Ring",ring2="Dark Ring",
        back=gear.tp_jse_back,waist="Flume Belt +1",legs="Desultor Tassets",feet="Lanun Bottes +2"}
By SimonSes 2020-02-07 09:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Trig said: »
There is a simpler way to do it: just specify the bag you save your weapon in within the appropriate set the name_cor_gear.lua. You don't need any more code, see format below.
Code
    sets.precast.CorsairRoll = {main={name="Lanun Knife",bag="Wardrobe2"},range="Compensator",
        head="Lanun Tricorne +1",neck="Regal Necklace",ear2="Etiolation Earring",
        body="Meg. Cuirie +2",hands="Chasseur's Gants +1",ring1="Defending Ring",ring2="Dark Ring",
        back=gear.tp_jse_back,waist="Flume Belt +1",legs="Desultor Tassets",feet="Lanun Bottes +2"}

Afaik Selindrile's lua wont let you simply change weapons for corsair roll like that. They are locked and can be changed only if you do it like in above examples.
By SimonSes 2020-02-07 09:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
That's not gonna work, if you update seli's GS through Github, whenever he updates, it will overwrite whatever changes you made to cor.lua, he advises to not update or change the basic.lua portion of his GS for this reason, you are better off by using a toggle to change back and forth your weapons, his weapon toggle is already F7 by default

Oh didnt knew it. I never updated the lua after i downloaded it once lol.
 Asura.Haxetc
Server: Asura
By Asura.Haxetc 2020-02-07 10:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just add a weapon set for rolls and toggle to it when you roll. Then toggle back to whatever you're using for WS.

An example would be:
Code
state.Weapons:options('LeadenWeapons','SavageWeapons','CritAM','Rolls','None')

Code
sets.weapons.LeadenWeapons = {main={ name="Rostam", bag="Wardrobe 3"},sub="Tauret",range="Death Penalty"}
sets.weapons.SavageWeapons = {main="Naegling",sub="Blurred Knife +1",range="Anarchy +2"}
sets.weapons.CritAM = {main="Tauret",sub="Nusku Shield",range="Armageddon"}
sets.weapons.Rolls = {main={name="Rostam", bag="Wardrobe 2"},range="Compensator"}
By Zanii 2020-02-07 12:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys rock! Ill play around with the stuff a bit more tonight!

Thank you!
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-07 13:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearswap has for a bit(1-2 months) supported exporting Paths on Dyna Div weapons spread the word.
Code
main={ name="Lanun Knife", augments={'Path: B',}},
sub={ name="Lanun Knife", augments={'Path: A',}},
main={ name="Sakonji-no-Tachi", augments={'Path: B',}},
 Carbuncle.Msoc
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Msoc 2020-02-07 13:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
    gear.RAbullet = "Chrono Bullet"
    gear.WSbullet = "Chrono Bullet"
    gear.MAbullet = "Living Bullet" --For MAB WS, do not put single-use bullets here.
    gear.QDbullet = "Animikii Bullet"
    options.ammo_warning_limit = 15

gear.tp_ranger_jse_back = {name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','AGI+10','"Store TP"+10',}}
	gear.snapshot_jse_back = {name="Camulus's Mantle",augments={'"Snapshot"+10',}}
	gear.dw_jse_back = {name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dual Wield"+10',}}
	gear.tp_jse_back = {name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}
	gear.ranger_wsd_jse_back = {name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+3','Weapon skill damage +10%',}}
	gear.magic_wsd_jse_back = {name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+3','Weapon skill damage +10%',}}
	gear.str_wsd_jse_back = {name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}
    gear.roll_rostam = {name="Rostam", augments={'Path: C',}}
    gear.Damage_rostam = {name="Rostam", augments={'Path: A',}}

Code
    sets.precast.CorsairRoll = {main=gear.roll_rostam,range="Compensator",
        head="Lanun Tricorne +3",neck="Regal Necklace",ear1="Etiolation Earring",ear2="Sanare Earring",
        back=gear.tp_jse_back,waist="Flume Belt",legs="Desultor Tassets",feet="Lanun Bottes +3"}
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-02-07 13:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Gearswap has for a bit(1-2 months) supported exporting Paths on Dyna Div weapons spread the word.
Slick! Gonna check this out tonight
 Asura.Superiority
By Asura.Superiority 2020-02-07 13:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for clarity, I had talked directly with Selindrile about this just last week. The lua is already set to do this. Steps:

1) Add your rostam/roll gear to the sets.precast.CorsairRoll set.
2) Toggle the Compensator mode to what you want. I personally want my gear to always change for Rostam, so I usually set it to always. Best to set it to always to ensure its working before changing it to something else.
3) Engage a target, use a roll, see that its changing to rostam and then back to melee weapons. (use //gs showswaps to check)

You shouldn't need to change anything else.

The only other thing to check, is to make sure your weapons are locked to a specific set, not to none, otherwise they wont change back to a specified set.
[+]