PSA: Flaw Identified In Voidwatch Addon (Ban Risk)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » News » PSA: Flaw Identified in Voidwatch Addon (Ban Risk)
PSA: Flaw Identified in Voidwatch Addon (Ban Risk)
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By comeeatmebro 2019-11-19 15:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry this took so long but AH didn't verify in the 45 minutes before I had to head out.

I did this because this was getting down played on the scope it could be done and even lost the front page rather fast. I talked with people last night and people have a ton of these stockpiled.

No medals were sold. I was ready to close the bazaar at any second if someone bought any. i price3d them low enough to peek interest but high enough that we didn't have half the server on me. I just wanted someone with the GW plugin to capture it before posting this image.

The medals were tossed out about 20~ minutes later once I knew I could log back in and get to my bazaar.

Nothing against ComeAtMeBro. I just found the name funny.

P.S. - Totally a sock and most likely the only post from it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-19 15:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Another exploit people kept quiet about and stockpiled the loot? Shocked...

Was this exploit limited to just pulse cells or could it have been used for other things (REMA mats, Sealord Skins etc)?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Slyshenx
Server: Asura
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2019-11-19 16:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely someone that used the same exploit to make NPC think they traded 5 pulse cells when they only traded 1 in order to get a pulse weapon in return but cancelled in the same fashion to get 4 free in return. Either they didn't completely fix it, or this is someone who used this in the past and just now brought it to attention for... well, attention.
By spengler 2019-11-19 16:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There isn't enough demand for cells to make a ton off this exploit and if you tried to make a ton you would reduce the price to literally nothing. Look at how many medals are bought a day compared to pulse cells.

SE should fix this but it's not game breaking, pretending otherwise and acting like the sky is falling or even comparing this to the havoc Eli let loose is foolish.
[+]
By Torzak 2019-11-19 16:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So SE patched the trade 1 to turn into however many or they didn't?

Asura.Slyshenx said: »
or this is someone who used this in the past and just now brought it to attention for... well, attention.

In my estimation, it is something different being that the OP posted what they did in the original post of this thread citing Nov 18th (yesterday) they were anonymously alerted to something and cautioning people to use the original addon, and not a flawed unsupported addon.

Why would there be a new caution, new character and new screen shots of pulse cells if it was someone who did this in the past for attention now? The guy whose screen shot we see, just posted that it was a new toon, afterall. He also said that he couldn't post straight away and had to go to work. That seems believable.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-11-19 16:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slyshenx said: »
Most likely someone that used the same exploit to make NPC think they traded 5 pulse cells when they only traded 1 in order to get a pulse weapon in return but cancelled in the same fashion to get 4 free in return. Either they didn't completely fix it, or this is someone who used this in the past and just now brought it to attention for... well, attention.

Pretty sure someone just has a ton stockpiled.
By Torzak 2019-11-19 16:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a brand new account that just abused this to show case it and get it fixed? Or was this an old stockpile?

We need clarity.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-19 16:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This ones totally unrelated, completely (technically) different thing, other people knew about it way before aurix dupes.

Torzak said: »
It's a brand new account that just abused this to show case it and get it fixed?

Yes

(and, all the medals still haven't been removed from circulation with zero bans on buyers/traders/mules by the way)

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Torzak 2019-11-19 16:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
(and, all the medals still haven't been removed from circulation with zero bans on buyers/traders/mules by the way)

Well, the results we obtained from the STF was that they'd only done a quick research and got 45 accounts and that most likely more bans will follow in relation to that exploit as they continue to increase the time window of logs to look over.

I didn't anticipate SE would have banned players who bought medals through the AH or any associated SU4/5/necks, anyway.

Reason being is that there's no way for SE to vet who knowingly took advantage of the economy going through AH purchases of medals, much less SU4/5... and who was just trying to play the game and had no idea the materials they'd purchased were magic'd into existence.

Borderline scenarios might include anyone who purchased several hundred from the AH, but that's for SE to decide, not me.

But yeah, I full expect a number of medals would remain in-game.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-11-19 17:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a Pulse Cell: Mu from the goblin back in early October and noticed interesting activity from the same player groups on Bismarck when I put it up for sale. Or, they're just super duper lucky.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-11-19 18:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a brand new account that just abused this to show case it and get it fixed? Or was this an old stockpile?

We need clarity.

A brand new account can't do VW so clearly this brand new account wasn't exploiting the cells.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2019-11-19 18:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

With how rare the actual drop rate is, I'm still perplexed these make it on the AH at all...
By Torzak 2019-11-19 18:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
A brand new account can't do VW so clearly this brand new account wasn't exploiting the cells.

So they transferred all ~400 from one account or toon to another to show everyone, which is going to be obvious in logs who it was transferred from. I mean, maybe that's what they did, but it seems dumb. Doesn't it?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-19 18:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why you would think a new account can't do it. It takes all of about 3 hours to get access to to VW, especially with clipping tools and the home point lua. And there are unlimited stones on the AH. and you don't need a cell to drop, to make them. (afaik)
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-11-19 19:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why you would think a new account can't do it. It takes all of about 3 hours to get access to to VW, especially with clipping tools and the home point lua. And there are unlimited stones on the AH. and you don't need a cell to drop, to make them. (afaik)

You actually think that guy made a character with a troll name, leveled it to 75, did the limit breaks, unlocked VW, got to the point where he could pop Aello just so he could exploit 400 cells and then drop them for a screenshot, but before taking the screenshot switched to a level 1 job?

Asura.Arico said: »

So they transferred all ~400 from one account or toon to another to show everyone, which is going to be obvious in logs who it was transferred from. I mean, maybe that's what they did, but it seems dumb. Doesn't it?

No dumber than anything else in this thread.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-19 19:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. it's not like the game is worth playing, so why wouldn't someone do that?

Also, you don't have to clear up to aello, or unlock sky, to fight aello.
By Draylo 2019-11-19 19:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

achktually, It is worth it.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-11-19 19:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude almost certainly clipped thru the door in moon at a minimum
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-11-19 20:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. it's not like the game is worth playing, so why wouldn't someone do that?

Also, you don't have to clear up to aello, or unlock sky, to fight aello.

You're right they could have used their other characters to pop/kill Aello, but still, I was being facetious.

The point of my original post was to quell that person's fear that a level 1 character can generate 400 cells in a matter of hours. It can't.
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
Server: Fenrir
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2019-11-19 21:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Jetackuu said: »
ryukin182 said: »
In the dumbest/stupidest/thoughtless possible way imaginable.
Not at all, what is wrong with you and the rest of these vaccine drinking morons?

Calling people morons, then implying vaccines are used by morons. Irony at its finest.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-19 23:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
spengler said: »
the havoc Eli let loose
It was an accident...
So much havoc, I didn't even get banned on any accounts I abused it on- (technically) *shocked*

It just occurred to me who this butt hurt guy is lol; makes sense now. I like the way accident is taken out of it's context and used however you like though. Spengler was the one person I was making medals for and the only reason I lost any accounts at all. Good to see the fun stories are still coming!

Next I'll find out I was responsible for these dupes as well lol. So much creative thinking in here!

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Artsncrafts 2019-11-20 02:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

all this time ive been playing runescape wtf
By Tarage 2019-11-20 03:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you *** please stop cheating in a 17 year old dead game? Go cheat in a game that *** matters and leave this husk to the people who actually still enjoy playing. Christ.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-11-20 05:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Can you *** please stop cheating in a 17 year old dead game? Go cheat in a game that *** matters and leave this husk to the people who actually still enjoy playing. Christ.
Nobody enjoys playing. It's a force of habit born from a traumatic experience now. We play this game to fill a hollow void in our otherwise meaningless lives.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13