Trial Of The Magians, Occasionally Attacks 2-4

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Trial of the Magians, Occasionally attacks 2-4
Trial of the Magians, Occasionally attacks 2-4
 Cerberus.Powerful
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Powerful
By Cerberus.Powerful 2019-11-08 18:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be completely wasting one's time to pursue one of these weapons in today's world?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-08 18:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Short answer is yeah.

You could still use them for other trials to speed them up (relic killshots), or trying to get !! with weak weapons, but not really worth the investment.
[+]
By Korgull 2019-11-08 18:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I am guessing this would be similar to the case of Twashtar/centovente, meaning that you would have to compensate the acc lost by using a non ilvl weapon... and if you're going to do that i think that the TP bonus weapons would serve you the most, damage wise.
By Torzak 2019-11-08 19:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Korgull said: »
i think that the TP bonus weapons would serve you the most, damage wise

Depends on the WS. I'm not really advocating for it, as I'm not sure how beneficial it'd be outside of low level content and niche circumstances, but something like Evisceration or Sanguine spam really wouldn't benefit a whole lot from a 1k Bonus TP off-hand, though would probably benefit a bit from having a faster TP generation, largely because Evisceration is a 5 Hitter with a single off hand, so a huge portion of the WS is going to be based on main hand damage. And Sanguine doesn't scale with TP except in how potent the cure effect is - TP has no impact on the damage it does.

Another angle to consider is Jailer weapons. On a job that can bring decent Triple Attack to the table through traits and/or gear and can off-hand a weapon, you'd effectively be bringing a decent Quad Attack rate to the table as long as you have stones.

I've fooled around with Justice on RDM a few times in more recent years. It's the same as Raetic except it's much lower in damage rating, eats up your ammo slot, and doesn't require MP. It's fun, but I feel like that's all it is... fun. Although, I really haven't messed with it since the composure enspell change, so maybe it's improved enough to consider looking at for some things; not sure.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-11-08 20:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

would just use a blurred+1 if applicable