users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Albumen Ranged
Albumen Ranged
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-18 12:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeking advice from those who have done him Ranged Strat. Interestingly enough he's one of the few HELMs I haven't done Ranged, and to be honest never had much interest in dealing with his hate resets in a ranged meta. So for those of you who have done it that way, please let us know how you handled such things or any other advice!
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-18 12:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN tank for starters, with top tier M.eva set resists hate reset almost consistently, having a geo do vex/attunement really helps too.
Having 2 tanks is nice, but not needed.
Have tank line up for decoy shot.

Bring BRD + BLM, BLM is for safety incase fight takes longer than 5-7minutes for sleep.

Safety strat is wiping after 26:00 when all adds have spawned then sleeping all adds at once everyone is unweak.
Bring Albumen far away from the adds as a safety measure.

Once the positioning is all done and adds are settled, go pew pew last stand. I have heard Leaden Salute spam works wonders, but never tried myself.

making sure your tank resists the debuffs from Petalback Spin is important for maintaining hate. Whm removes doom from Fatal scream under 50%.

Good luck!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-18 12:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting, I was aware that the attached negative statuses could be resisted from Petalback Spin, but didn't know that also eliminated the hate reset- I swear I've done at least 20 albumens in my life and wasn't aware of that.

That honestly was my biggest concern, so gives me hope for taking a shot (damn straight pun intended) at it!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-18 13:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
RUN tank for starters, with top tier M.eva set resists hate reset almost consistently, having a geo do vex/attunement really helps too.
Having 2 tanks is nice, but not needed.
Have tank line up for decoy shot.

Bring BRD + BLM, BLM is for safety incase fight takes longer than 5-7minutes for sleep.

Safety strat is wiping after 26:00 when all adds have spawned then sleeping all adds at once everyone is unweak.
Bring Albumen far away from the adds as a safety measure.

Once the positioning is all done and adds are settled, go pew pew last stand. I have heard Leaden Salute spam works wonders, but never tried myself.

making sure your tank resists the debuffs from Petalback Spin is important for maintaining hate. Whm removes doom from Fatal scream under 50%.

Good luck!

I would like to amend this to not bring blm, bring rdm/sch for stymie/saboteur/manifestation sleep 1 or Break. That should be enough time for nitro to come back up if your brd doesn't do the super revitalizer thing.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-18 13:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I would like to amend this to not bring blm, bring rdm/sch for stymie/saboteur/manifestation sleep 1 or Break. That should be enough time for nitro to come back up if your brd doesn't do the super revitalizer thing.

That works just as well for sure, BLM was only for Breakga, so any job that can AoE Break is perfect. RDM alone has so many benefits so that works well.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-18 13:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

resists hate reset
I always believed this to be the case as well, but I've been getting hate reset after every single Petalback Spin even while resisting every ailment.
Code
Line 17533: 03:29:16Albumen uses Petalback Spin.Sterk is paralyzed.
	Line 17720: 03:31:03Albumen uses Petalback Spin.Sterk is poisoned.
	Line 18070: 03:40:00Albumen uses Petalback Spin.Kaelynn is poisoned.
	Line 18322: 03:41:56Albumen uses Petalback Spin.No effect on Sterk.
	Line 18390: 03:42:24Albumen uses Petalback Spin.No effect on Sterk.
	Line 18441: 03:42:56Albumen uses Petalback Spin.Sterk is plagued.
	Line 18489: 03:43:22Albumen uses Petalback Spin.No effect on Sterk.
	Line 18654: 03:44:20Albumen uses Petalback Spin.No effect on Sterk.
	Line 18734: 03:44:53Albumen uses Petalback Spin.No effect on Sterk.
	Line 18932: 03:46:17Albumen uses Petalback Spin.No effect on Sterk.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-18 14:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
resists hate reset
I always believed this to be the case as well, but I've been getting hate reset after every single Petalback Spin even while resisting every ailment.
Code
Line 17533: 03:29:16Albumen uses Petalback Spin.Sterk is paralyzed.
	Line 17720: 03:31:03Albumen uses Petalback Spin.Sterk is poisoned.
	Line 18070: 03:40:00Albumen uses Petalback Spin.Kaelynn is poisoned.
	Line 18322: 03:41:56Albumen uses Petalback Spin.No effect on Sterk.
	Line 18390: 03:42:24Albumen uses Petalback Spin.No effect on Sterk.
	Line 18441: 03:42:56Albumen uses Petalback Spin.Sterk is plagued.
	Line 18489: 03:43:22Albumen uses Petalback Spin.No effect on Sterk.
	Line 18654: 03:44:20Albumen uses Petalback Spin.No effect on Sterk.
	Line 18734: 03:44:53Albumen uses Petalback Spin.No effect on Sterk.
	Line 18932: 03:46:17Albumen uses Petalback Spin.No effect on Sterk.

Is that with all status effects on? Cos only 30s time frame before it was used after it landed everything on you.

I'm almost positive you can resist his hate reset cos i've tanked Albumen for literally 5 minutes + straight without losing hate.
Multiple times, smn method without conduit, Ranged burn and Manaburn.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-18 14:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that with all status effects on? Cos only 30s time frame before it was used after it landed everything on you.
No. I tank it with SV Water/Ice/Fire/Wind Carol and Light runes, which covers all elements of its Petalback Spin. I resist everything fairly often.
I should've left out the first 2 lines since those were obviously pre-wipe and the 3rd one was after Lullaby and only hit the BRD. The first PBS of the fight that hit me (4th line) landed nothing on me.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-18 14:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No. I tank it with SV Water/Ice/Fire/Wind Carol and Light runes, which covers all elements of its Petalback Spin. I resist everything fairly often.
I should've left out the first 2 lines since those were obviously pre-wipe and the 3rd one was after Lullaby and only hit the BRD. The first PBS of the fight that hit me (4th line) landed nothing on me.

Now this has confused me. I've tanked this dude so many times never losing hate, but with what you've said has confused me lol. I've done with 1 tank using rangers so it would've been very obvious if I did lose hate since Albumen would run away from me.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-09-18 14:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Don’t need to sleep them if you’re BLM is good enough to manawall tank them all away from everyone between all the temps and a good set for manawall a blm can last a solid 9-10mins.

Although just using the rdm way you do have flurry and better enfeeble magic
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-18 14:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
Don’t need to sleep them if you’re BLM is good enough to manawall tank them all away from everyone between all the temps and a good set for manawall a blm can last a solid 9-10mins.

Although just using the rdm way you do have flurry and better enfeeble magic

This is also a very good strategy, I just didn't list it cos there isn't many BLMs now who even have a Manawall set so never included it.
But this strat is actually my go-to if a BLM is available who has a Manawall set.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-09-18 14:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it’s the only way I do it anymore. If albumen lasts longer than manawall x2 your strategy should be re-evaluated
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-18 14:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Now this has confused me. I've tanked this dude so many times never losing hate, but with what you've said has confused me lol.
Out of curiosity, does your log say "No effect on [player]" or "uses Petalback Spin, but misses [player]" when you resist everything? I could've swore I used to see the latter, but my chat log is showing the former.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-18 14:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Now this has confused me. I've tanked this dude so many times never losing hate, but with what you've said has confused me lol.
Out of curiosity, does your log say "No effect on [player]" or "uses Petalback Spin, but misses [player]" when you resist everything? I could've swore I used to see the latter, but my chat log is showing the former.

I'd have to re-do it tbh, it's been a while since I paid attention to log while fighting it. I'll try look next time i do.