Link | Quote | Reply

what you guys melee/ranged extreme acc sets looking like? for corsair
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-15 17:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have hit 9999 acc/9999 r.acc before. It was buffed to hell and back though.

Still wiffed Guillotine though.
[+]
By daviant 2019-08-15 18:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess i should have said "corsair"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-15 18:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I should have said "just pulling your chain."

I usually do that to people who post threads like this with little research on his/her end.
[+]
By daviant 2019-08-15 18:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I guess I should have said "just pulling your chain."

I usually do that to people who post threads like this with little research on his/her end.

thanks for your opinion .
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-15 18:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember which specific job guide it was for (probably applies to all of them), but spicy mentioned a while back that "extreme max accuracy" sets are such a huge dps loss, it's usually not worth it. If you're ever in a situation where you need maximum accuracy, you start with improving your support before hitting that magic button. I think two tiers of accuracy sets is fine. 1200 base before food and buffs should get your a long way for most things in the game currently, but you can check the main Corsair guide for the relevant accuracy swaps
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-08-15 19:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 368116

Here's my high acc set. Its not some crazy overwhelming set, but it suffices. A few notes on the set augment wise:

Camulus's Mantle: DEX+20 acc+30 atk+20 STP+10 Damage Taken-5%

Herculean Gloves: DEX+3 acc+34 atk+28 Triple Attack+2%

Both Carmine Mask+1 and Carmine Cuisses+1 are Path D.

Adhemar Jacket+1 is path A (DEX+12,AGI+12,Acc+20)

It is 1 over on Dual Wield(assuming /NIN and capped magical haste), but has been said, sacrifices are made for high accuracy sets.
By Afania 2019-08-15 20:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't remember which specific job guide it was for (probably applies to all of them), but spicy mentioned a while back that "extreme max accuracy" sets are such a huge dps loss, it's usually not worth it.

For this particular job, extreme acc set for both melee and ranged is pretty necessary in higher lv raid like dyna D.

Dyna D Alliance pulled a drg or thf mob and cor needs to shoot to gain TP? Need extreme racc set to land shots in melee pt.

Alliance pulled a THF leader mob? Probably need extreme melee acc set to hit in most pt too.

For other melee jobs, they can get away with less acc. I only use 2-3 tiers of melee acc set on dnc in dyna D, on COR I need 5 tiers.

Anyways, back to the question. This is what I use.

Max racc
ItemSet 242238

Swap ring to haverton hq if you have it. Ranged
Path adhemar.

Max acc
ItemSet 340842

Im missing Ej+1 neck so it's not quite BiS. Should be close I think.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-08-15 20:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Iv never need anything beyond this set for melee acc. Even in dyna D on those Thf/Nin mobs, I always have bard buffs as im in the DD party and at least 1 geo is doing torpor. I agree that 99.9% of the time you need to rework the support in your party instead of jumping to max acc and hurting your dps/

ItemSet 366245
Herculean Boots: Dex,Acc, TripleAttack
Adhemar Path A
Max aug Dampening Tam.
Rostam Path A/Tauret.
By Afania 2019-08-15 21:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
I agree that 99.9% of the time you need to rework the support in your party instead of jumping to max acc and hurting your dps

I'd still carry a max acc set anyways. Wilt/fade/malaise should be on higher priority than torpor since cor is probably the only job that will need it in entire alliance. And you never know if your brd geo will die or forget buffs.

With max acc set one one of the toggle they can just deal with the situation more easily.
By Boshi 2019-08-15 22:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd still use combatant's for max acc for jobs that don't have a melee jse neck

for Chaostaru's set:
I'd toss in suppo instead of eabani. need dw11 not 10.

Damp Tam and Meg+1 legs are both haste short items, this is gonna leave you slightly under cap