Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-07-16 22:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Asura.Topace said: »
Thanks.

need to figure out how to get it to stay on during the duration instead of swapping back. Was wondering why my WS's were looking off.

Cambion touches on it briefly a few posts up.
Oh ***.

Thats what I get for not reading thanks.
 Asura.Silvannesti
By Asura.Silvannesti 2021-07-20 04:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I might update the node here on ffxiah and include Gleti's later today

Just curious, is this still something you are going to do? I'd be interested to look at how the new pieces from Gleti & Nyame slot into existing sets. Just back from a bit of a break, so haven't been keeping up.

cheers
By SimonSes 2021-07-20 06:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silvannesti said: »
I might update the node here on ffxiah and include Gleti's later today

Just curious, is this still something you are going to do? I'd be interested to look at how the new pieces from Gleti & Nyame slot into existing sets. Just back from a bit of a break, so haven't been keeping up.

cheers

I might do it, but I kinda dont like how much bis gear for Rudra might change with and without Saber Dance and at 1000TP compered to 3000TP and with offhand you would use.

I will check soon if I can generalize something or if differences are too big to ignore them.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-20 12:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess done for Rudra's and Pyrrhic. Will try to update other WSs later.
[+]
 Asura.Silvannesti
By Asura.Silvannesti 2021-07-20 18:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess done for Rudra's and Pyrrhic. Will try to update other WSs later.

Thank you.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-20 21:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, I've been meaning to mention something. There was some testing done a few pages back that suggested that building flourish only applies its bonus to the first hit of a weaponskill. If this is the case then building flourish stacks with rudra's storm just fine, but that would mean the best finishing move to stack with pyyric kleos would be ternary flourish would it not?

I bring it up because we're on the subject of updating the node and it still states that building applies to all hits of a weaponskill. If this is untrue (whether it was at one point and got changed, or had worked this way all along) then that's another point that should be touched upon. I know simons data collecting was pretty conclusive, and there have been other accounts that also supported the claim in this thread.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-20 23:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Would that matter for tauret mh evisceration spam builds?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-21 00:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Any multi hit really. Rudra's storm deals almost all of its damage from just the first main hand hit, so if building flourish doesn't affect the offhand swing or any multi attacks you really lose nothing. But evisceration and pyrric kleos are both replicating FTP weaponskills with many hits, so if building flourish only affects the first hit there isn't much point using it. Pyrric is a 5 hit weaponskill and evisceration is a 6 hit (because offhand gets a swing), meaning a triple attack activation would add roughly 30-40% more damage to either weaponskill if all hits connect. Even though you can get multi attack procs from gear, sabre dance, terpsi's aftermath, etc... the best finishing move would still be ternary because it guarantees the activation.

Of course if building flourish does apply the wsd to every hit of a weaponskill the whole point is moot, but from my personal experience I'm inclined to agree with what simon reported. I see similar results when I stack building flourish with pyrric. Has anyone else done any testing. I know it was brought up on one of the earlier pages in this sticky as well.
By SimonSes 2021-07-21 02:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Any multi hit really. Rudra's storm deals almost all of its damage from just the first main hand hit, so if building flourish doesn't affect the offhand swing or any multi attacks you really lose nothing. But evisceration and pyrric kleos are both replicating FTP weaponskills with many hits, so if building flourish only affects the first hit there isn't much point using it. Pyrric is a 5 hit weaponskill and evisceration is a 6 hit (because offhand gets a swing), meaning a triple attack activation would add roughly 30-40% more damage to either weaponskill if all hits connect. Even though you can get multi attack procs from gear, sabre dance, terpsi's aftermath, etc... the best finishing move would still be ternary because it guarantees the activation.

Of course if building flourish does apply the wsd to every hit of a weaponskill the whole point is moot, but from my personal experience I'm inclined to agree with what simon reported. I see similar results when I stack building flourish with pyrric. Has anyone else done any testing. I know it was brought up on one of the earlier pages in this sticky as well.

WSD apply to first hit only, but attack and crit rate applies to every hit I think and those benefit Evisceration quite well, especially when attack isnt capped.

EDIT: Fixed the wrong info in the node (and updated BG wiki too), Thx Melphina for pointing this.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-21 07:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If attack and crit rate affect every hit of the weaponskill then building flourish is definitely better than ternion for evisceration. Pyrrhic kleos would vary based on how high your attack already is because it can't crit. Pyrrhic is basically just a stronger dancing edge that has 1 less swing but superior fTP mod and swaps the chr mod for str. Because of that Pyrric becomes an outlier where the best finishing move to stack is probably ternion. Building flourish would only give the weaponskill 20% attack boost, but a triple attack is roughly 35-40% increase in damage because you're going from 5 hits to 7 (again, factoring in offhand swing).
By SimonSes 2021-07-21 07:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If attack and crit rate affect every hit of the weaponskill then building flourish is definitely better than ternion for evisceration. Pyrrhic kleos would vary based on how high your attack already is because it can't crit. Pyrrhic is basically just a stronger dancing edge that has 1 less swing but superior fTP mod and swaps the chr mod for str. Because of that Pyrric becomes an outlier, and there will be more frequent occasions where ternary flourish is the correct finishing move to stack.

Tbh imo none of them is worth using for PK. I would just save FMs/cooldown and do Climactic Rudra with Terpsi.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-21 08:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That's probably the best way to do it really. The difference between the damage increase is weighted against the JA delay to generate the finishing moves in the first place. Just spamming at 1K and ignoring finishing moves is going to be better. This is especially true with terpsicore because mythic aftermath can actually proc on weaponskills.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-07-21 18:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For PK the only time you want multi attack gear is when Striking Flourish is up?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-21 19:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Adhemar Jacket, Adhemar gloves, gleti's knife, sherida earring, gere ring, and DA on sanuna's mantle are all common sources of multi attack on PK (several plain BiS), in addition to terpsi's aftermath and sabre dance. There's plenty of opportunity to get a multi proc.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-07-22 18:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Adhemar Jacket, Adhemar gloves, gleti's knife, sherida earring, gere ring, and DA on sanuna's mantle are all common sources of multi attack on PK (several plain BiS), in addition to terpsi's aftermath and sabre dance. There's plenty of opportunity to get a multi proc.
I saw the updated nodes and saw the lack of Multi attack gear and was wondering.
 Cerberus.Nolatari
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Nolatari 2021-08-04 09:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I am beginning to build a DNC just to have some extra job options for Gaol. I currently have access to ambuscade gear, odyssey gear, and currently 3/5 on malignance. I was looking to build DNC leading more towards an Evisceration set because I have Tauret/Gleti's Knife. I was wondering if someone could give me just some general ideas for the WS sets. None of my odyssey gear is augmented yet.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-04 11:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If attack and crit rate affect every hit of the weaponskill then building flourish is definitely better than ternion for evisceration. Pyrrhic kleos would vary based on how high your attack already is because it can't crit. Pyrrhic is basically just a stronger dancing edge that has 1 less swing but superior fTP mod and swaps the chr mod for str. Because of that Pyrric becomes an outlier where the best finishing move to stack is probably ternion. Building flourish would only give the weaponskill 20% attack boost, but a triple attack is roughly 35-40% increase in damage because you're going from 5 hits to 7 (again, factoring in offhand swing).

The reason to use Building Flourish is the Job Point category. It's a 20% damage boost across all hits. Huge for terps users.

I macro'd Building into my basic spam-at-1k PK and have never looked back.
By SimonSes 2021-08-04 11:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »

The reason to use Building Flourish is the Job Point category. It's a 20% damage boost across all hits. Huge for terps users.

I macro'd Building into my basic spam-at-1k PK and have never looked back.

Like literally whole discussion is based on that 20%WSD NOT WORKING for all hits of PK and you come with such post. I mean come on XD
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-04 11:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Byrth showed years ago the BF was applying to all hits, contra normal WSD function.

I mean, I have two eyes and farm Omen for crystals every day. It's very noticeable.
By SimonSes 2021-08-04 11:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
I saw the updated nodes and saw the lack of Multi attack gear and was wondering.

BIS gear for capped attack PK is not about multi attack not being good, its about PDL with amount provided by Gleti's being better and STR/DEX of Lustratio also being better. Multi attack is very potent still, but it's assumed you do PK with Terpsi AM3 and offhand, which means you already have 5hits base and chance for 6-7 hits with AM3 proc. Even in capped attack set tho, you still have quite a lot of multi attack, especially with Sabre Dance active.
By SimonSes 2021-08-04 11:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Byrth showed years ago the BF was applying to all hits, contra normal WSD function.

I mean, I have two eyes and farm Omen for crystals every day. It's very noticeable.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53853/the-last-dance-iii-a-dancers-guide-new/15/#3565726

What you see is damage increase from attack increase. You are nowhere near attack cap on solo DNC in Omen.

EDIT: I mean you can easily be attack capped if you stack box step 10, dia III and def down on same mob, but I doubt you do that while farming.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-04 11:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Sylvie, so Fury/Frailty, plus Dia 3 and box step 5.

EDIT: In any case, if Building was indeed nerfed, I have to say I've kind of run out of reasons to be bullish on this job.
By SimonSes 2021-08-04 12:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Sylvie, so Fury/Frailty, plus Dia 3 and box step 5.

Thats probably still not enough.
Her fury is only +37.5% attack and Frailty only -12.5% def. I also doubt you presto Box step every mob. I actually doubt you even box step every mob. Even assuming you have all that, that's only -45% def. Those mobs has like 1100 def? So you would maybe lower it to like 600. Not sure how much PDL you use for PK, but you would need like 2100+ attack I think to cap pdif for 600 def target without PDL and I doubt you are at that value or even close (you are probably at 1800? Maybe 1900 if you use attack food too)
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-04 12:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I DO presto-box every cooldown. Using BF all the time means you have to step a lot. The only mobs that don't get stepped are the ones I engage with 1k tp.
By SimonSes 2021-08-04 12:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I DO presto-box every cooldown. Using BF all the time means you have to step a lot. Also, you're leaving out Dia III from Koru, so that brings the defense down to 380ish, right?

No, Presto Box is -13%, Frailty -12.5%, Dia III -20.38%. That's 45.88%

Also the only mobs where you could even notice the difference with capped attack would be Trans mobs, because regular ones have not enough HP to land all hits, and if you only land like first 3 hits on trash mobs (if mob has 18k HP, you will only land as many hits on multihit WS as is required to kill it) and you have 20% increase on first hit, then it's almost 7% increase to whole damage which for sure will be visible. Add the damage you get from +25% attack and it's the visible difference you see.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-04 12:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, fair enough. That's lame.
By tmd5 2021-08-05 21:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question about the changes in the guide for the WS sets.

A few Nyame pieces are now in the Rudra and Climatic Rudra sets.

Is with assuming it's at max augments (WSD+10%) or is it still BIS with ZERO augments? I'm guessing it's NOT bis with zero augments.

If NOT, I would suggest listing this in the guide or writing that it's Path B only.

Still think Ternion Dagger +1 should have been listed in the guide somewhere (as an offhand option). Could be added along with the new Gleti's Knife.
By SimonSes 2021-08-06 05:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

tmd5 said: »
Is with assuming it's at max augments (WSD+10%) or is it still BIS with ZERO augments? I'm guessing it's NOT bis with zero augments.

Oh sorry I thought it would be obvious. Added note about R20 (technically all you need is really R19, but Im not gonna go into such details. Anyone who can R19, can also R20). btw its not WSD10% on each slot, 10% is only on body. Just FYI /cheer

I might several dagger later.
 Asura.Silvannesti
By Asura.Silvannesti 2021-08-08 06:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What does Evis look like with the new sets?
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 33 34 35