Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 198 199 200
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-20 16:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's one way to solve the problem.

[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-20 17:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot outside global warming....trust me I'm a Scientist !
By fonewear 2019-07-20 17:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Scientist never lie they have to take a non lie oath thingy. It's part of the deal.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-20 22:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Viciouss said: »
Excessive heat warning remains in effect in NYC through Sunday folks, so if you live up there, take water with you everywhere you go. 110 can cause heat stroke for anyone.

I hate to think Vic could post something reliable but I gotta agree on this. I am in NY heat index right now is 108f and I am up by Syracuse.

https://www.epa.gov/heat-islands

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/urban-heat-island-causes-and-consequences.html

UHI is a real thing, it's why surface temperature readings anywhere near a city are unreliable.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-20 23:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Scientist never lie they have to take a non lie oath thingy. It's part of the deal.

Scientists will say whatever advances their career and provides funding. This is no different then any other human being on the planet. Just because someone is a "scientist" does not make them some sort of transcended human incapable of error or lying. It's why I believe politics needs to stay out of science, it's corrupting influence is simply too strong. Unfortunately politics controls funding and funding controls scientific research thus the scientists will say whatever those who control the funding want them to say.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-21 00:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Just because someone is a "scientist" does not make them some sort of transcended human incapable of error or lying.

This. I'm a little sick of the "scientist" worship. Most of them are just like the "experts" in any other field. How many times have you met a stupid doctor? A stupid IT guy? A stupid repairman? A stupid teacher? I've worked with plenty of other scientists who cut corners, make dumb decisions, or who flat out don't have a clue what they're talking about.

At one of the manufacturing plants for the company I work for, there was a guy with a doctorate who talked at a level that was way over everyone's head. The people there just assumed they were too uneducated to understand him, so naturally they figured he was the smartest guy around. I first spoke with him in a group Skype meeting at one point, and he was talking data and statistics and using all sorts of big vocabulary. Since he was in my territory, it didn't take me long to realize that he was completely full of crap. He was razzle-dazzling everybody and they didn't know any better, and therefore they didn't question his decisions. Later, when I started to point this out to some of his coworkers, they were like, "But he has to be smart. He has a doctorate." ... /sigh.

It's the same way with a lot of scientists. To those who don't work with them, they see the title and think they're crusaders for truth and reason, who aren't influenced by petty things like "money" and "bias". Sure, some of them are that way, but they're all human. Also, peer-reviewed doesn't mean squat if your peers are idiots or have something to gain from your conclusions.

And that's my rant for the day.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-21 05:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Godless lefty atheists think they’re so smart because they don't believe in god and religion.

Meanwhile they have created their own priests, heretics, and original sin, in their ideology of climate change. They even have built the own tales of a great mythical flood and their own hell on earth.

They are the very thing they mock.

Meanwhile it did not reach temps of 110 in NYC as predicted, despite they urban heat island effect. They predicted 95 at my house and my PWS only read 90 for about an hour or two. At this point we might not ever achieve “heat wave” status (3 days of consecutive 90 or higher degrees).
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-21 06:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Another Jessie Smollete “fake hate crime” by a Georgia legislator. Already walking it back in disgracE.
By fonewear 2019-07-21 09:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Just because someone is a "scientist" does not make them some sort of transcended human incapable of error or lying.

This. I'm a little sick of the "scientist" worship. Most of them are just like the "experts" in any other field. How many times have you met a stupid doctor? A stupid IT guy? A stupid repairman? A stupid teacher? I've worked with plenty of other scientists who cut corners, make dumb decisions, or who flat out don't have a clue what they're talking about.

At one of the manufacturing plants for the company I work for, there was a guy with a doctorate who talked at a level that was way over everyone's head. The people there just assumed they were too uneducated to understand him, so naturally they figured he was the smartest guy around. I first spoke with him in a group Skype meeting at one point, and he was talking data and statistics and using all sorts of big vocabulary. Since he was in my territory, it didn't take me long to realize that he was completely full of crap. He was razzle-dazzling everybody and they didn't know any better, and therefore they didn't question his decisions. Later, when I started to point this out to some of his coworkers, they were like, "But he has to be smart. He has a doctorate." ... /sigh.

It's the same way with a lot of scientists. To those who don't work with them, they see the title and think they're crusaders for truth and reason, who aren't influenced by petty things like "money" and "bias". Sure, some of them are that way, but they're all human. Also, peer-reviewed doesn't mean squat if your peers are idiots or have something to gain from your conclusions.

And that's my rant for the day.

Until a Scientist can explain to me why I don't give a ***about Science...I'll say they are all full of ***.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-21 09:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Science can't explain the why of things. You can study stuff till the end of the Earth...but you can't tell me why people should give a ***.
By fonewear 2019-07-21 09:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of experts I guess you can be an expert on "racism" (ask Vic)

Also of note you have to be black to be a racism expert apparently
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-07-21 09:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Another Jessie Smollete “fake hate crime” by a Georgia legislator. Already walking it back in disgracE.
You forgot to add a link.
By fonewear 2019-07-21 09:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Who know you could make a living off of racism. And promoting hate as long as it is directed towards white people. I mean if we all hate the same thing it makes it okay.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-21 09:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone needs to bring a black person with them so they know what is racist and what is not. You will be set for life.
By fonewear 2019-07-21 09:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The Democrats should be worried about how to beat Trump not how to defeat racism...both seem unlikely.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-21 09:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Also when racism is defeated can someone send me message I'll mark it down on my calendar.
By fonewear 2019-07-21 09:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why didn't I think of that...!

That or we could build them homes...nah let's just cut them in half.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-21 09:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That plan would work for racism too. To end racism just kill one person of every race. Problem solved.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-21 09:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Who know you could make a living off of racism.

Al Sharpton gets paid $500k a year for his gig on MSNBC. Apparently you can make one heck of a living off of racism.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-21 09:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone told me to go back to where I came from so I went home. How dare they !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-21 09:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Go back to Europe you damn White Angelo Saxon Protestant sum *** !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-21 09:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently I'm mostly Danish. I had big plans to go back and see the motherland... but I settled on eating a Danish roll and called it good enough.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-21 10:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Walls are closing in on Trump

[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-21 18:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost forgot to watch this today

[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-21 18:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What are its pronouns?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-07-21 18:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently I'm mostly Danish. I had big plans to go back and see the motherland... but I settled on eating a Danish roll and called it good enough.
German, Russian, and Polish Jew. I have no relatives to visit if I go. But do stop by for chicken soup, latkes, or borscht.
By fonewear 2019-07-21 20:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was in the grocery store today and saw a fat *** this came to mind:

By Eboneezer 2019-07-21 20:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's like late term abortion, but with homeless people. We should approve further funding to Planned Parenthood and get this started immediately.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-22 09:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Democrats: "Trump isn't keeping his promises!"

Also Democrats: Actively trying to prevent Trump from keeping his promises.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 198 199 200