Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 198 199 200

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2019-07-18 13:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
He comes from south africa so I don't think it applies here?

If a white man born in south africa is told by a fellow south african to go back to their home country, then yes that would very likely be racism.

Your argument was:
You'd almost have a point if the previous tweet didn't clearly state he's talking about them coming from other COUNTRIES.

You can try spinning it however you wan't, it's racism.

So which is it? Telling someone to go back to their country is racist, or it isn't?
By Eboneezer 2019-07-18 13:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have doubts, he did double down on it in a conference and did mention who is he talking about (I believe he specifically named at least Omar and Tlaib).

After they raised their hands and claimed to be the targets. He isn't afraid to swing at anyone that steps up.
By Nausi 2019-07-18 13:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's in bold in the quotes you are quoting ...
A)No it isn't.

B) “Home” doesn’t matter exclusively mean homeland, why cant home mean the crime infested cities and states they resided in before they were elected?

C) How can he mean people who were born in the country when he specifically refers to people who originally came from outside it?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2019-07-18 13:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I tell a single white person to go back to South Africa because they don't like our music, it's not racist.

If I tell a single black person to go back to South Africa because they don't like our music, it's racist.

Even though I made the statements in response to them not like our music and nothing about the color of their skin?
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-07-18 13:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

At what point do you get to dismiss all of the variables to the argument and just claim blanket racism?
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-18 13:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Now Trump is trying to run damage control on his rally last night, claiming he didn't like the chant he incited. This is great.
By Nausi 2019-07-18 13:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Eboneezer said: »
He comes from south africa so I don't think it applies here?

If a white man born in south africa is told by a fellow south african to go back to their home country, then yes that would very likely be racism.

Your argument was:
You'd almost have a point if the previous tweet didn't clearly state he's talking about them coming from other COUNTRIES.

You can try spinning it however you wan't, it's racism.

So which is it? Telling someone to go back to their country is racist, or it isn't?

It is racism, there isn't anything contradictory in what I said.
If you tell a minority to go back to their country it's certainly racism, even more if you are fully aware they are American.
No it isn’t.

You are arguing yourself for a standard of racial discrimination. As in you can’t say X to black people but you can to white people.

That itself is actual racism.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-18 13:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
It's in bold in the quotes you are quoting ...
A)No it isn't.

B) “Home” doesn’t matter exclusively mean homeland, why cant home mean the crime infested cities and states they resided in before they were elected?

C) How can he mean people who were born in the country when he specifically refers to people who originally came from outside it?

Did you upgrade to 5D chess? you are making even less sense.
I know you don’t get it.

There there.
By Viciouss 2019-07-18 13:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump now wants nothing to do with his own base that was with him last night, throwing them under the bus. He has taken it way too far and wants off the train. Too bad.

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2019-07-18 13:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Omar wasn't born in America.
By Nausi 2019-07-18 13:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Trump now wants nothing to do with his own base that was with him last night, throwing them under the bus. He has taken it way too far and wants off the train. Too bad.
Trump loves his base
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-18 13:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I tell a single white person to go back to South Africa because they don't like our music, it's not racist.

If I tell a single black person to go back to South Africa because they don't like our music, it's racist.

Even though I made the statements in response to them not like our music and nothing about the color of their skin?

I see you are being obtuse on purpose.

If you tell a black man (Born in America) to go back to south africa because he doesn't like our music, it's freaking racism.
No it isn’t.

You’re the racist.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2019-07-18 13:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

the TDS is real with you two.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-18 14:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They have nothing but “if you disagree with me you’re a racist”.

They’re doomed.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2019-07-18 14:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

And calling everything racist, when it isn't, is just as bad.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-18 14:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
They have nothing but “if you disagree with me you’re a racist”.

They’re doomed.

Yea we are doing great over here, as you continue to spam and Trump runs away from his base. Notice how you couldn't post any sources at all? Yea, we did.
By Nausi 2019-07-18 14:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, i mean what more evidence do you need of the perpetual lefty state of delusion?
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-18 14:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Start with some sources. How hard can it be?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-18 14:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Start with some sources. How hard can it be?

You tell us.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-07-18 15:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

... No one is assuming anything.
Some people right here are assuming a LOT.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-18 17:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I see you are being obtuse on purpose.

If you tell a black man (Born in America) to go back to south africa because he doesn't like our music, it's freaking racism.

Thats ignorance not racist. All racism is ignorance not all ignorance is racism.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-18 18:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Was on my phone, here's a continuation of my above post.

Racism is about treating someone differently based on their race, meaning a person has a prejudicial belief based on another persons race. Prejudice literally means pre-judgement, or to judge someone before knowing / meeting them. Racism requires both a pre-judgement and a different in treatment, again based on race.

That is why President Trumps comments were not racist, they were not based on a pre-judgement nor were they treating people differently based on race.

President Trump trolls white Democrats just as much as he trolls black, brown, blue, green and rainbow Democrats.

We can agree that his statement, if taken at face value, was profoundly ignorant, yet not racist. Now he was obviously screwing with them with the aim of riling everyone up and fueling the radical priesthood of the left to go even more fanatical. Doing so during the Democrat primaries just to force his potential opponent to say or do things that he could later use against them.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-07-18 19:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly.
Were they racist? No
Were they rude? Absolutely.

What happens when you get offended when someone is rude to you? Nothing.

I love this guy.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-18 19:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, here come the Send her Back campaign slogans, merch, chants. Looks like this is working out just perfect!
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 198 199 200