First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-03 14:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phillie0034 said: »
might be a weird request but screw it... someone mind sharing tp and Garland of Bliss sets?

These are what I use, not saying they're BiS or anything, and I'm sure someone could find something that may work better.

For TP:

ItemSet 383065

Can swap hands for gazu and then waist to something like windbuffet if you want. If for some reason you went path A on Nyame can swap out any piece for that. If you want more pet stats vs your own TP can swap to Varar rings and telos for an Enmerkar earring.

Feet are just for getting perpetuation cost to -14. Still not the cap of -15, but it works for me. I'm also too lazy to build two sets for optimize getting to AM3 vs using AM3 so this is just my all the time TP set.

For Garland:

ItemSet 383066

Eschan stone I think is more dmg in waist slot, but I went for more macc. If you don't have Nyame B then I wouldn't worry about dmg and just get as much macc in each slot as possible. Rufescent probably isn't the best option, stikini +1 would be better, but I don't have any so meh. Not a lot of good neck options, maybe Mizu would be a better alternative for dmg, wouldn't be by much.
By Lederic 2022-01-08 02:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a SMN Nirvana Lua they could share? Thank you
By SimonSes 2022-01-08 03:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
Eschan stone I think is more dmg in waist slot, but I went for more macc. If you don't have Nyame B then I wouldn't worry about dmg and just get as much macc in each slot as possible. Rufescent probably isn't the best option, stikini +1 would be better, but I don't have any so meh. Not a lot of good neck options, maybe Mizu would be a better alternative for dmg, wouldn't be by much.

Best ring and waist (by far) are Weatherspoon and Orpheus's. Ofc first is limited selection and 2nd is probably not worth it just for GoB, unless you are career SMN I guess.

Fotia neck should also be better for damage. GoB has low fTP of 2.25, so Fotia will increase damage by 4.4%, while 10mab, even with only MAB from your gear and nothing else is already diminished enough to only provide 3.67%
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2022-01-09 22:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lederic said: »
https://pastebin.com/Fa5PtueC

F10 locks Nirvana & Elan+1 for AM3
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-01-09 22:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

speaking of which, I have a modified version of yours (basically a few things added, and I believe high acc modes gutted) I need to restore those at some point...
By Lederic 2022-01-09 22:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Lederic said: »
https://pastebin.com/Fa5PtueC

F10 locks Nirvana & Elan+1 for AM3

Thank you!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [154 days between previous and next post]
By Chimerawizard 2022-06-13 01:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't SMN'd since 75cap. Friend keeps dying to ongo v20 aoe dmg in his standard smn idle set.
theory'd this set for him. Main point is him not dying while idling between BPs. 2nd I guess would be negating perpetuation while providing some refresh so he doesn't run into issues there either. Avatar is diabolos.
Any obvious items to improve with?

ItemSet 385021
cape: pdt-10
By SimonSes 2022-06-13 02:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is he in range of AoE?
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-06-13 09:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Something hits him even from 20+ away. He’s going to be in range some of the time.
Night terror is our main dmg for one fight so he needs to get close enough to at least do that too.
 Bahamut.Arioch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Arioch 2022-06-13 14:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
I haven't SMN'd since 75cap. Friend keeps dying to ongo v20 aoe dmg in his standard smn idle set.
theory'd this set for him. Main point is him not dying while idling between BPs. 2nd I guess would be negating perpetuation while providing some refresh so he doesn't run into issues there either. Avatar is diabolos.

ItemSet 385021

I think the cape should be 5% damage taken so he is at 49% magic and 49% physical.

Or get a moonlight cape for the extra HP and that'll cap him 50% physical & magical
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-06-13 19:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 385021

Khonsu is nice but it means either not using Elan or losing aftermath on swap, so this isn't ideal in a situation where aftermath is plausible. I'd consider ignoring grip, and using Summoner's Collar +2 or Loricate Torque +1 to pick up that 5 to 6 DT on the neck instead. ~175 to 200 avatar TP is nice but it's not game-changing.

You should be able to get away with swapping Beckoner's Horn +1 out between pacts; I use Nyame Helm for defense and haven't noticed a difference in blood pact delay between wearing that and wearing the horn, as long as the horn's on when I actually use the command.

Swapping Beckoner's head for Nyame or Bunzi, Khonsu for Elan strap, and Caller's neck for Summoner's (or Loricate/+1, or Twilight Torque) would give you 55% damage taken, giving you room to swap the cape out for eva or meva, or trade Cath Palug ring for Stikini +1 for a bit more refresh.

If MP is a huge issue, Bunzi's feet could be swapped for Baayami for an extra couple of MP per tick, but this would cost a lot of evasion and a bit of magic evasion, which could be important. You'd wind up down to 49% damage taken unless using Loricate Torque +1.
[+]
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-06-13 20:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

AM dont help magic BP sadly
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-13 20:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Am2, does

3000 tp and torque down to 2997or whatever gives that +49 macc/mab
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-13 20:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Am2, does
AM2 on Nirvana is attack not magic attack.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-13 20:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed it is, I guess.

I've literally never bothered with anything other than AM3 I didn't even know each weapon had different 1's and 2's.
Thought every (not ranged) weapon got and but it's or
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-13 21:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Is it not acc/att AM1 , macc/mab AM2
Nope AM1 is Accuracy and AM2 is Attack

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Mythic_Aftermath
By SimonSes 2022-06-14 02:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Something hits him even from 20+ away. He’s going to be in range some of the time.
Night terror is our main dmg for one fight so he needs to get close enough to at least do that too.

Does he stand from tank side by any chance?
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-06-14 08:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

For the diablos bp is nirvana bis since you dont need AM? Is it not also boosted alot by matk bonus as well or is the +40% dmg too good.

What is the party setup for smn in ongo? Who would you swap out for smn.
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2022-06-14 08:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
For the diablos bp is nirvana bis since you dont need AM? Is it not also boosted alot by matk bonus as well or is the +40% dmg too good.

No, Nirvana is no where near as good as avatar magic attack bonus staves for full magic damage blood pacts.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-06-14 09:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 385021
Interesting bit of info I noticed is while 3 of the 5 Bunzi armor do offer more DT than Nyame, the Nyame boots actually have 7 DT, where the Bunzi boots only have 6. The head armors have same DT on both, but Nyame has better defensive stats and slightly more MP. So personally I would probably go Nyame head/boots and Bunzi body/hands/legs.

With that combo you would be at 41 DT just from the main 5 armors. That amount would allow you to get away with cheaper DT options to reach 50 DT in the case for say newer/returning players not having the more expensive Summoner Collar +2 or Moonlight cape.

I have the Summoner +1 collar and Moonbeam cape for example, with those 2 and the 5 main armors that would probably be the most affordable SMN capped DT set (or substitute loricate torque). I also 2nd the mention to keep Elan +1 Strap for grip to not lose the Nirvana AM3. You could swap the Cait Sith ring for a Stikini +1 as mentioned for extra refresh, since the Bunzi and Nyame sets don't have the normal full refresh that SMN would usually idle in.

You definitely don't need to idle in Beckoner's Horn to get the Blood Pact Delay benefits. I always just have it in my equipset for BP delay and still gives me the 21 sec BP recast. In content where you don't need like full Bunzi and/or Nyame to stay alive, I would idle with the Convoker's +3 horn instead. It has +1 more refresh and better defensive stats than Beckoner's does.
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-06-14 09:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Siren.Kruel said: »
No, Nirvana is no where near as good as avatar magic attack bonus staves for full magic damage blood pacts
Yeah forgot to mention Grioavolr is the best staff for avatar magical BP. Although you need good Oseem augments to make it better than Espiritus Path A (or Path C if need more avatar magic accuracy). Both of those would be better than Nirvana though for magical BP.

I remember a long while ago Frod saying you need a certain combo of BP damage and magic attack bonus on Grio to beat Espiritus. Mine has 10 BP damage and like 24 MAB, I just recall that was enough to outdo Espiritus.

Although with the Odyssey idle DT gear set, you would need to still swap to Nirvana for the perp cost in between Blood Pacts. Otherwise you would end up having avatars drain your MP, since neither of those 2 MAB staves have any perp on them. Gridarvor does but its only -5 instead of -8 on Nirvana.

Edit: I found the link to what Frod said about the Grio augment stats here: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46440/the-6th-ministrys-secret-a-summoners-guide-v2/100/#3315635
By Chimerawizard 2022-06-14 12:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, since it's a magic BP, Nirvana is only used for idle.
I like the idea of Nyame boots & stikini+1 instead of bunzi feet & c.palug...forgot i swapped backs. hm, 235HP or 1 refresh...refresh, idle's probably already going to drop him into the orange due to BP dmg set's insanely low max hp.

Diabolos's favor however is refresh, and swapping out the head would reduce smn skill (idk his ML) and drop the favor 3~4 tiers.
If the favor wasn't useful, I'd probably suggest hike khat +1 r15 instead.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-06-18 11:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, since it's a magic BP, Nirvana is only used for idle.
I like the idea of Nyame boots & stikini+1 instead of bunzi feet & c.palug...forgot i swapped backs. hm, 235HP or 1 refresh...refresh, idle's probably already going to drop him into the orange due to BP dmg set's insanely low max hp.

Diabolos's favor however is refresh, and swapping out the head would reduce smn skill (idk his ML) and drop the favor 3~4 tiers.
If the favor wasn't useful, I'd probably suggest hike khat +1 r15 instead.
Oh yeah good point, wasn't factoring in using avatar favor there, especially with Diab's refresh. Oh wow that Hike Khat +1 has pretty good stats fully augmented. Although, once your DT is capped out, I think the Nyame head would still provide better HP/defense/magic evasion overall. Assuming when not worrying about favor of course.

The main downside to the Nyame and Bunzi sets in my opinion is losing all the refresh from SMN previous idle sets before Odyssey gear was introduced. Basically trading massive refresh rate for much higher survivability, both are important but staying alive I believe is top priority. Especially with the newer content's higher end NMs. I guess you can always swap between the 2 sets, but that also risks dying from a nasty AOE while in the refresh set.
By Chimerawizard 2022-06-18 14:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

bump reminded me smn has other unity gear...
Didn't think of swapping neck before because smn skill would drop a tier most likely.
bit of def/meva loss but I honestly doubt the change equates to life/death if dt stays cap'd.
ItemSet 385021

edit: changed the set a bit since then since ear has dt on it and other changes for more refresh/skill.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [87 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2022-09-13 03:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a SMN+1 earring from Sortie yesterday, although the augments are on the low side, it of course replaced a bunch of stuff.
There is one thing I am unsure about though, that is Beckoner's Earring +1 vs Kyrene's Earring for physical bloodpacts.
Is the Avatar level and 3 more BPD enough to beat the Double Attack +3 on average?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2022-09-15 15:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
I got a SMN+1 earring from Sortie yesterday, although the augments are on the low side, it of course replaced a bunch of stuff.
There is one thing I am unsure about though, that is Beckoner's Earring +1 vs Kyrene's Earring for physical bloodpacts.
Is the Avatar level and 3 more BPD enough to beat the Double Attack +3 on average?
going by the .35/.55 rule and counting just DA and BPD, kyrenes is .40 over +1. it would be more accurate to use pergatorys calculator to see.

This however doesn't take into account the large stat gain the +1 levels gives in accuracy and attack. Just because of these stats i would use the +1 over kyrenes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2022-09-17 05:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
going by the .35/.55 rule and counting just DA and BPD, kyrenes is .40 over +1. it would be more accurate to use pergatorys calculator to see.

This however doesn't take into account the large stat gain the +1 levels gives in accuracy and attack. Just because of these stats i would use the +1 over kyrenes.
Thank you
By Cloudius777 2022-09-19 03:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

with some testing between Gelos Earring and Beckoner's Earring (NQ) the difference in damage is +0.5% in Beckoner's favor. Tested with Diabolos Nether Blast for consistancy. Can /toss Gelos now.
By Cloudius777 2022-09-19 03:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

0.8% difference with Night Terror also
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-09-26 21:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody use spell interruption rate on Summoner? And if you do, is there an updated set somewhere? Looking to help someone. Thank you.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22