Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 97 98 99
By Crossbones 2021-07-22 20:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anni is virtually useless to me now with all the - enmity we get plus hover shot. Unless Anni has some unique stacking enmity deal I don't know about (aside from low ws enmity, which is negated any time you SC). Spamming 15k+ autos and 25-30k last stands on the lion and he never even looked at me the whole fight. I'm sure there are still fights / comps where it shines but tbh I've never been impressed with it and it's even more niche now than ever.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-22 20:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
The other cor doesn't have an empy I figured putting together rng would lead to higher damage overall or should I stay cor with Arma in favor of him using rng with just foma?

In that scenario I'd probably keep you on COR. If switching would result in 2 arma users, or arma/gandiva, or arma/anni, then I could see it being a boost in group dmg. Hard to be 100% sure without seeing sets, but a good shooting cor + an avg shooting RNG is probably better damage than an avg shooting COR + a good RNG.

In regards to onieros knife I have my am3 setup for Arma for both, would I really not have acc issues using it over a 119 weapon with stats?

Definitely not an issue on RNG with either Arma or Anni. First has a ridiculous amount of AGI, boosting racc, and the latter just has gross amounts of raw racc. Not to mention all our traits, and our best TP'ing gear these days isn't exactly lacking in racc, either.

Have relic gun already set aside but I'm definitely low on plutons and didn't think Anni would be of huge benefit for the fight, over r15 Arma, is hate really that bad at the end of the fight?

I just like the safety net, and see great damage with it. In terms of Annihilator becoming obsolete, I find that hard to believe. Yes, Ikenga gear is great with all the -enmity naturally on it, but it also comes with insane amounts of +PDL, and no other weapon allows RNG to utilize all that PDL better than Anni and its extra Ratk from aftermath. What used to be useless extra Ranged Attack we couldn't take advantage of- Now, we can.
[+]
By Negas 2021-07-25 02:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

In what events do you guys think you get the most of arma AM3,

I know there are several factors to consider, but i think general speaking this is what i do.

Dyna w1 and w2 savage blade.
Dyna w3 gasta
Omen anni
Odyssey anni
By SimonSes 2021-07-25 04:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anni in Omen is only if you low man without healer. Arebati in GAOL (*** auto correction) is definitely Arma.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-08-04 07:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Simon literally posted use Armageddon in the post before this

/facepalm
ItemSet 379859

Hotshot wouldn't be Nyame path B being Hybrid? What kind number is hot shot doing to Arebati?
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-08-04 09:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not alot since Arebati would resist the magic portion
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-08-04 18:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

/facepalm
ItemSet 379859

Hotshot wouldn't be Nyame path B being Hybrid? What kind number is hot shot doing to Arebati?

I'm not sure what you are /facepalming here and what are you trying to say.

Arebati V15 can be done with multiple weapons available for rangers disposal. R20 5/5 Nyame path B is pretty obvious & safe choice. If you have it use it. Hot Shot/Flaming Arrow is good for mobs that take neutral damage. If any of the portion of the WS (physical | magical) is resisted, you are not gonna hit omgwtfkkthxttyl99kDMG especially on V15 bosses since they all have ridiculous resistances on one or the other. You can utilize it in a C farm, but if you are going to take a RNG to C farm and you have R20 5/5 Nyame path B then Naegling/KC is gonna be super broken. Having that said, you can always swap to your Arma/Fail-Not and use Hot Shot/Flaming Arrow on certain mob groups. Wildfire is also useful on certain mobs as well. Swap to your Gastra for mobs that are weak to magic... the point is, there are options, utilize them to maximize your dmg output.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-08-05 00:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using 5/5 relic+3 for eagle eye shot for agi/ratk, but I assume 4/5 r20 ikenga + relic legs is the new bis for EES?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-08-05 07:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »

/facepalm
ItemSet 379859

Arebati V15 can be done with multiple weapons available for rangers disposal. R20 5/5 Nyame path B is pretty obvious & safe choice. If you have it use it. Hot Shot/Flaming Arrow is good for mobs that take neutral damage. If any of the portion of the WS (physical | magical) is resisted, you are not gonna hit omgwtfkkthxttyl99kDMG especially on V15 bosses since they all have ridiculous resistances on one or the other. You can utilize it in a C farm, but if you are going to take a RNG to C farm and you have R20 5/5 Nyame path B then Naegling/KC is gonna be super broken. Having that said, you can always swap to your Arma/Fail-Not and use Hot Shot/Flaming Arrow on certain mob groups. Wildfire is also useful on certain mobs as well. Swap to your Gastra for mobs that are weak to magic... the point is, there are options, utilize them to maximize your dmg output.

Sorry my edit made my post confusing, I was looking for the best weapon/ws combo to use on Arebati.

It seems like armaR15 getting AM and using last stand is what the answer is?
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-08-05 16:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »

/facepalm
ItemSet 379859

Sorry my edit made my post confusing, I was looking for the best weapon/ws combo to use on Arebati.

It seems like armaR15 getting AM and using last stand is what the answer is?

If you are going for MAX DPS yes, it was mentioned several times by several people and videos available as well. You will be focusing mainly on your white damage and WS with Last Stands 2k+ TP after getting AM3 up.
Arma or Gandiva both work well. A lot of Japanese players in Odin server use Gandiva RNG for this fight, coupled with Arma COR or Fomal COR. I personally swap weapons during the fight to avoid pulling hate randomly and causing a wipe.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-05 18:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda surprised people are talking about hate being an issue, dirge+hover shot should make it easy.

But I guess some may be doing it w/o a brd.
By Crossbones 2021-08-05 18:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it without dirge (would be useless for me anyways since I'm capped in both midshot and ws set) and without any hate reset or management abilities other than hover shot and didn't pull hate through the whole fight, using arma. Only beat it once on v15 so far so maybe it was luck but hate never seemed to be an issue.
By Elikins 2021-08-07 19:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What would a typical Last Stand set look like now? im using basically the set on page 1, but is that still the best or does ikenga change things up? tia
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-08-07 21:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been fulltiming arma with hovershot + carby -enmity on v15 arebati, no brd or sch. Haven't pulled aggro the last 10 kills or so. I would definitely pull aggro without the smn though, no doubt.
By SimonSes 2021-08-08 01:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pulling hate on RNG depends on how good is your COR. If he does enough damage, then fight ends before RNG take hate. Also using JA0wait for RNG is another thing that might make RNG take hate, because DPS with and without JA0wait with Hover shot is massively different.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-08-08 03:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Pulling hate on RNG depends on how good is your COR. If he does enough damage, then fight ends before RNG take hate.

If your COR does enough damage, then the COR is pulling hate before the RNG.
[+]
By Vaerix 2021-08-08 19:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I was wondering how Nyame Path B Helm and Body stack up against cohort cloak +1 (Aug).

Looking at the numbers at face value. Nyame has +1 agi, +18 wsd for -40 MAB and -40 max MACC.

Also would using body/head make relic+3 legs less worthwhile vs nyame legs? -1 wsd +1 AGI, +1 MACC, +30 MAB.

Mostly wondering if there's a sweet spot with wsd and MAB where we'd see better gains from cohort/nyame legs over the full nyame set or even using relic+3 legs.

Edit: If this wasn't clear, this is in regards to true flight. Also I don't have the affinity ring from adoulin so no affinity bonus.
By SimonSes 2021-08-08 23:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bis is mix of path C and B, then full path B, then mix of cohort and path B, then old sets before Nyame.

Amazing dark matter augments can still beat name too.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-08-13 16:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Namas and Coronach use the same set?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-08-14 00:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There wasn't much talk about this like ever. So for new rangers who need a hold over/good weapon until your Aeonic is done: There is the O-bow on Steroids.

I've been messing around with this thing. Honestly Imati+1 deserves an honorable mention. The thing is a beast of a weapon that is often overshadowed due to RMEA.

But for somebody without a RMEA I'd get one without hesitation. It can also be upgraded at your leisure and will get more mileage than a Holiday/Doomsday.

Like sure the NM sucks, but I'd rather fight that thing than feed Oboro Stones or burn adoulin stones for augs.

It's like they styled it after an Othinius Bow (DMG to Delay Ratio) and Proceeded to put stat/attribute vomit all over it.

Code
Rank 15
[1] DMG +17
[2] Ranged Accuracy +40
[3] "Snapshot" +10%

Tag stuff with an Abrasion Bolt, and just go to town with a DI Bolt for DD. It shoots pretty fast with decent tp gain per shot and will also let you build up a nice hover shot bonus.

Also it's nice for a Decimation Build honestly (16 STR/DEX and -enmity).
[+]
By Vaerix 2021-08-14 17:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So I realize there's not really a situation you'd probably use this but I was wondering is it possible to get 100% accuracy with barrage combining sharpshot, and ullr from trueshot range? Ullr increases accuracy cap by 4% which is the same as sharpshot, mostly wondering if it stacks.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-08-15 17:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone tell me how up-to-date the gearsets are on the front page? I'm coming back to playing rng, and would appreciate the assistance.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-08-15 17:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Can someone tell me how up-to-date the gearsets are on the front page? I'm coming back to playing rng, and would appreciate the assistance.

The sets on the sticky post are pre-Odyssey gear, most notably Ikenga and Nyame.

Most Ikenga gear for RNG will be side-grades from Malignance/Adhemar+1 that is more suited to ranged TP'ing than those options (still great ranged accuracy, solid STP, but with the addition of great -enmity and ranged attack) rather than some new game-breaking change in builds. Certainly worth the upgrades in my book, but again, not some massive alteration in the way one plays.

Nyame gear, since it is "All Jobs" and limits how many pieces we can have, is a much more personal choice based around all your jobs and their needs rather than just "what's best". This makes it really hard to include this particular set in guides because its hard to limit the discussion.

There are also 2 new accessories from the new Shinryu HTBF, the Crepuscular Ring and Earring. Both are amazing ranged TP option with high STP and ranged accuracy (the ranged accuracy+10 stat on the earring isn't visible in the English versions, but it is there and is meant to be based on the JP translation of it). Thankfully these two things drop very easily from this expensive battlefield (30jps per run).

So my advice: approach Ikenga on a piece-by-piece debate against your existing TP options. Look at the Body, once RP'ed, as a great Last Stand piece with its TP Bonus augment. Look at Nyame as a discussion for your entire gameplay realm and see how it helps across the board, then augment it as needed for the biggest benefits.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-08-15 18:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the fast and thorough reply, much appreciated.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2021-08-19 10:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it true that ranged distance correction affect ranged attack and ranged accuracy on a different way ? Ranged attack has a sweet spot and ranged accuracy has no penality on melee range and increase as we get further from the mob instead of having a sweet spot ?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-19 10:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Distance_Correction

Quote:
Sharpshot will remove the ranged accuracy penalties for distance while active.
By Lobivopsis 2021-08-19 20:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I was wondering how Nyame Path B Helm and Body stack up against cohort cloak +1 (Aug).

Looking at the numbers at face value. Nyame has +1 agi, +18 wsd for -40 MAB and -40 max MACC.

Also would using body/head make relic+3 legs less worthwhile vs nyame legs? -1 wsd +1 AGI, +1 MACC, +30 MAB.

Mostly wondering if there's a sweet spot with wsd and MAB where we'd see better gains from cohort/nyame legs over the full nyame set or even using relic+3 legs.

IIRC from earlier in the thread the Nyame was only slightly better. It's so close you're better off prioritizing other things if you already have Cohort Cloak +1 and getting to it last.

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
There wasn't much talk about this like ever. So for new rangers who need a hold over/good weapon until your Aeonic is done: There is the O-bow on Steroids.

I've been messing around with this thing. Honestly Imati+1 deserves an honorable mention. The thing is a beast of a weapon that is often overshadowed due to RMEA.

On my server it costs 7m to augment that and I can think of a lot of better uses for 7m gil than a stopgap weapon
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-08-19 22:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lobivopsis said: »
Hey all,

IIRC from earlier in the thread the Nyame was only slightly better. It's so close you're better off prioritizing other things if you already have Cohort Cloak +1 and getting to it last.

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

On my server it costs 7m to augment that and I can think of a lot of better uses for 7m gil than a stopgap weapon

According to your profile you are on fenrir. As is Skarwind. He merely is providing options. You can decide to spend your gil as you wish.

You must be new here Chasha?, welcome to fenrir!
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 97 98 99