Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Help with lua issue
Help with lua issue
By Dogbert 2019-01-18 18:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished getting my beginner gearsets for whm and so I finally tried making my first lua off of the conagh whm template in the healing hands guide, but it doesnt have any set for auspice or erase specifically, and I can't seem to figure out how to manually add one.

My assumption knowing nothing about lua or coding is that I would have to add a line with the stuff at 640 specifically for the spell like it has "turtle" tied to protect/shell 5, then add a function command like it has for all the other spells just below starting at line 655, but I don't really know how I would go about doing it properly.

If anyone would could take a look and help me with this I would really appreciate it.

LUA pastebin
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-18 18:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dogbert said: »
I just finished getting my beginner gearsets for whm and so I finally tried making my first lua off of the conagh whm template in the healing hands guide, but it doesnt have any set for auspice or erase specifically, and I can't seem to figure out how to manually add one.

My assumption knowing nothing about lua or coding is that I would have to add a line with the stuff at 640 specifically for the spell like it has "turtle" tied to protect/shell 5, then add a function command like it has for all the other spells just below starting at line 655, but I don't really know how I would go about doing it properly.

If anyone would could take a look and help me with this I would really appreciate it.

LUA pastebin

see if this works.

throw in the midcast section.
Code
sets.midcast['Erase'] = { gear here}

sets.midcast['Auspice'] = { gear here}
By Dogbert 2019-01-18 18:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't seem to work
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Server: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-01-18 21:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: I jumped the gun and responded before even reading the lua. Now after reading it, you gotta add Auspice and Erase in the array of Enhancing spells in line 647.

However, if you want to set those two apart from the array of the enhancing spells, then:

Add those specific midcast sets like above,
sets.midcast.erase = { enter gear here }
sets.midcast.auspice = { enter gear here }

And then go to line 749, and augment as follows:

elseif Enhanced:contains(spell.name) then
if spell.english == 'erase' then
equip(sets.midcast.erase)
elseif spell.english == 'auspice' then
equip(sets.midcast.auspice)
else
equip(sets.midcast.enhancing.recast)
end
By Dogbert 2019-01-19 17:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I got it working with your help after a bit of tinkering thank you so much.
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Server: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-01-19 17:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

All right! That’s awesome!