Getting A Mythic Is... Annoying...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » getting a mythic is... annoying...
getting a mythic is... annoying...
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10
By fillerbunny9 2019-01-13 11:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
Please go through the thread and find as many posts as you can of people calling the mythic grind hard.

Tedious, unengaging, boring and annoying are not synonyms of the word hard, by the way.

congratulations, you have described every RMEA progression in the game where you don't pay someone to do it for you!

Relics - Dynamis spamming all day everyday until you finish. ADL for shiggles

Mythics - tedious easy assaults, tedious easy einherjar, tedious easy salvage all done back to back to back to finish on ZNMs.

Ergons - tedious busywork to max coalitions followed by tedious spamming of Reives to get Bayld.

Empyreans - tedious NM camping with longer window NMs at the end, into infuriating voidwalker system into tedious proc system into Voidwatch spam

Aeonic - tedious pop item gathering/crafting coupled with those bought with Sparks, accompanied by the boredom of every fight devolving into having a pile of Summoners facesmash their keyboard/controller to Astral Burn the NMs while a tank, WHM, and COR babysit them.

Ambuscade allows you to make progress on all of these things via the buying and selling of currencies, thereby allowing even the most inexperienced chungus to buy an Aeonic weapon.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
By kishr 2019-03-07 07:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao had to hit the + button just because he counted 1 2 4 4

On page 4...
By AliceEternal 2019-03-19 04:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

it is rather daunting, ive been putting off starting a mythic
 Asura.Blitzjr
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2019-03-19 07:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

After the first one it’s not THAT bad. I’ve held off on making one for 4 years and just got my first. Already halfway done with my second a week later.

I’d say just get through your first one and it’s almost like a Ergon. You’ll probably want the second. Then maybe a third, etc. it’s all about pacing, and potentially doing something everyday, or twice a day until it’s done.
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2019-03-19 07:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s not so bad. Just don’t do it in one weekend.
By Taint 2019-03-19 07:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyzul grind is painful. Copper vouchers can i have it?
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
Server: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2019-03-19 07:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

16k left in alex for my first....lol
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-03-19 07:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Gimme the ability to buy ichor before tokens. Ichor bottleneck sucks.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-19 08:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the least painful part of the grind, you should be getting somewhere between 11-12k tokens a run using a minimum of 3 people and a maximum of 4 to reduce token penalty. GEO BLU BLM are king in nyzul token farms. The furthest my token farm static pushed in a single run was 96->30 before hitting 5 minute warning which is our stop gate because a 5 lamp floor can really shut you down hard.

One would argue that assaults are the worst part of the grind but most will just ASE their way through those and then you're stuck with the 50hr wait of Einherjar.
By tyalangan 2019-03-19 08:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »

This is the least painful part of the grind, you should be getting somewhere between 11-12k tokens a run using a minimum of 3 people and a maximum of 4 to reduce token penalty. GEO BLU BLM are king in nyzul token farms. The furthest my token farm static pushed in a single run was 96->30 before hitting 5 minute warning which is our stop gate because a 5 lamp floor can really shut you down hard

Are token rewards much less in uncharted? I’ve been going in with 3 for pulse weapons and only get 1300~ a run. Hopefully this means normal nyzul gives 10x more or I’m doing something terribly wrong.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-19 08:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Asura.Meliorah said: »

This is the least painful part of the grind, you should be getting somewhere between 11-12k tokens a run using a minimum of 3 people and a maximum of 4 to reduce token penalty. GEO BLU BLM are king in nyzul token farms. The furthest my token farm static pushed in a single run was 96->30 before hitting 5 minute warning which is our stop gate because a 5 lamp floor can really shut you down hard

Are token rewards much less in uncharted? I’ve been going in with 3 for pulse weapons and only get 1300~ a run. Hopefully this means normal nyzul gives 10x more or I’m doing something terribly wrong.
Yes, Uncharted is gimped in tokens because it's not the point of it.

You can expect 8/9k minimum dual boxing (lamp ***) and not using any speed hack/pos hack/fillmode and so on.
It's pretty smooth even done legit.

Einherjar is the only cockblock, really, even if you were to buy Wave 1/2 pops (which are rare). I still have no idea why they don't do something about it.
By jahn 2019-03-19 08:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I get nowhere close to 8/9k, even if I go in with 3 real players the most I've ever seen is 3k, could be we're doing something wrong, since all I've heard about it is "Start on 95, keep going until you run out of time".
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-19 08:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I go BLU/RDM, my mule is usually COR to give me Wizard's roll (I'm missing like 100/200 damage to one shot certain mobs sometimes, with Subduction).

I usually exit between F15 and F23~ depending on luck. A bad run is 6/7k tokens which is still pretty ok in term of overall time spent.

I use my mule for the F96, this way I get full tokens on my main.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-19 08:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

jahn said: »
I get nowhere close to 8/9k, even if I go in with 3 real players the most I've ever seen is 3k, could be we're doing something wrong, since all I've heard about it is "Start on 95, keep going until you run out of time".
Solo, unless *** blocked by bad floors, I was able to get from 95-10. That's a minimum of I think 6k? With 3 you can usually get to at least 15/20 which you're looking at higher than that.
By Beuvace 2019-03-19 09:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

cough allseeing***
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-19 09:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not ase but liberal use of speedhax and fillmode
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-19 09:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

JA0wait would help quite a bit, too, though I understand that most people consider it a basic feature by now *cough*
By Jetackuu 2019-03-19 09:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Can half *** 5k+ easily, unless you get hardcore lamped.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-19 09:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's not ase but liberal use of speedhax and fillmode
Didn't even need that for myself. Though with it I could have easily seen myself getting to 15/20 solo every run.
[+]
By DononofSylph 2019-03-19 09:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythic is easy, doing assaults that require more than 1 person is not.

I have rage quit on multiple occasions doing the assaults because of the BS associated with some riding solo.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-19 10:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Blitzjr said: »
After the first one it’s not THAT bad.

In the middle of my third now... it still sucks.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-19 10:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Can half *** 5k+ easily, unless you get hardcore lamped.

I hear people complain about lamps but they are only an issue for extremely large maps, which I have found to be very rare. Lamp floors are by far the easier ones IMO, especially solo (fillmode). Even without using FM, I've found them to be rather tame.

I normally hit every lamp along my way and type 1/2/3 etc in log, then after they all light/go off, I go back the same route I ran and see which ones are on/off. It then just becomes a simple game of swapping orders of non-lit ones and retaining lit lamp orders. Takes 2-3 tries max if you do immediately re-arrange an order and put it back up. I've also found lamp floors to be significantly longer with more people, especially easy ones like "Certification code". That floor can take 20 seconds solo, but might take a minute or so with extra people, especially if they split up in different directions.
 Cerberus.Omnitaru
user: mysaga
By Cerberus.Omnitaru 2019-03-19 10:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

suck it up buttercup.
not everything will be handed to you.
work for it. if you don't want to work for it don't make one.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-19 10:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Asura.Blitzjr said: »
After the first one it’s not THAT bad.

In the middle of my third now... it still sucks.

Never not going to suck. Pointless grind. Endurance test.
By eliroo 2019-03-19 13:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The steep entry is probably the worst part but I find the actual process less annoying then an Empyrean. Token farming and Einherjar are pretty relaxing and ZNMs are just methodical or cost straight gil. Its even easier during the NNI campaign.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-19 14:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyzul grind is fine if you get a couple of friends who also need tokens. Doing it solo?? Nooooo.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-19 14:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

DononofSylph said: »
Mythic is easy, doing assaults that require more than 1 person is not.

I have rage quit on multiple occasions doing the assaults because of the BS associated with some riding solo.

Which ones require more than one person? I soloed them all on THF, except the one where ya give food to the soldiers (COR for bolters roll).
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-03-19 14:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They all can be solo'd, there are just some that are incredibly more efficient when done with another player. Oric Survey, Lebros Supplies, Lost and Found, Azure Ailments, etc..
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-19 14:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
They all can be solo'd, there are just some that are incredibly more efficient when done with another player. Oric Survey, Lebros Supplies, Lost and Found, Azure Ailments, etc..

Oh of course, but you can try them again and again til you get it. There's no assault you need other players to be successful. If anyone needs tips they can send me a PM.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-19 14:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lebros supplies and Lost&Found were the biggest *** solo. Other than that they're all pretty simple.

Honestly I'd say Ergon is more annoying than a Mythic, of course after you finish one of them it's easy but getting coalitions to max is way too time gated, especially when you can start and finish a mythic within 4ish weeks depending on where you are in the requirements and how much Alex you can buy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10