Without Nirvana...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » without nirvana...
without nirvana...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-28 12:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Accuracy, sure. You can very easily parse and see that your accuracy is capped(though still, not many people do, given your blood pacts aren't an accurate reporter of it and nobody cares to let an avatar free melee during bolster buffs on T4). A basic SMN is visibly under cap on Albumen, sometimes even with shiromochi(which is already sacrificing attack vs akamochi).

Attack is entirely different, have you logged anything to indicate it? You can fall back on frailty's wiki numbers, but my experience(corroborated by Ramzus) is that defense down may have a global cap on t4(and probably other mobs). Even then, without a base defense # to compare against, it's pretty hard to conclusively state attack is capped based off of existing test material.

For practical results, you could certainly figure out how many hits each volt is and use that as a baseline to established capped or uncapped attack, but I haven't seen it done. Seems like a whole lot of unsubstantiated assumptions to me.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-12-28 13:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
my experience(corroborated by Ramzus) is that defense down may have a global cap on t4(and probably other mobs).
Would you mind linking me to that? Thank you.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-28 13:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51577/t4-reisenjima-strategy/#3300018

here's a mention of it from snaps(who was in ramzus's group at the time), trying to find the original conversation but it's pretty far back
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-12-28 13:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to have to side with Comeatmebro on the acc/atk, they're harder to cap than most people give credit for. I frequently see people popping Akamochi on T4s and then observe uncapped accuracy based on their damage ranges.

Yes, you can cap accuracy pretty easily with Gridarvor and Shiromochi on T4s, or even with Akamochi if you have good gear and vorseals.

If you're using Was+1 however, I doubt Akamochi would cap you. In fact, even with Shiromochi, I suspect you'd need a good bit of vorseals to be capped on T4s using Was+1.

Attack does tend to be capped in most T4s zergs, but there are other places where it can be harder. On Ou (Omen boss) for example, I need Beast Roll to cap attack. Akamochi +1, Frailty, and Dia II alone is not enough. Dynamis[D] is another example where attack is really hard to cap.

So I don't think "capped acc/atk" should be the assumption when picking between less-than-ideal equipment. That's why I've always rated Was/Was+1 as not worth buying. It should not be used for multi-hit physical BP, which means it's really just a poor man's Nirvana for Flaming Crush and nothing else.
[+]