Command Line Menus Possible?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Command line menus possible?
Command line menus possible?
By Pechvarry 2018-09-19 10:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is an Addon concept. I'm hoping someone can tell me if this is possible to make, and any pointers on how to go about making such an addon. I'm willing to put in work to make this happen, but I'd totally just sing someone else' praises if they know enough to just whip this together:

Part One:
I want a command line to launch a particular menu, especially sub-menus. For example, a command line to open the "Flourishes II" umbrella-menu, or the sub-section of the magic menu that's narrowed down to just black magic.

Some sample use cases:
- Having a single macro that equips +Step gear and opens up the Steps menu so you can select the most relevant step, instead of having several separate Step macros.

-Having one Rune Enchantment macro instead of 8(and not needing to wade through the slow double-layer JA menu).

-I've never played Summoner, but I'm guessing it'd be a similar help for Blood Pact selection.

Part Two:
Hard Mode! If Part One is feasible, is it possible to also filter the results? Live via string would be ideal, like FindAll does, but even pre-declared in a file somewhere would work.

Example: //menu black "fire"
Loads up the black magic menu, but only displays results with "fire" in the name. Perfect for selecting your tier on the fly.

I really think this would be a great feature, but I'm dreading the response "requires packets" which I'm quite apprehensive towards. Even if only Part 1 is feasible, I think it'd be fantastic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-09-19 19:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprised there isn't more support for this. Ever since GS was a thing, I've come to prefer menu casting a lot of things, WSs, JAs, and some spells. Being able to create a fully customized menu with the push of a macro would be amazingly convenient.
By Nyarlko 2018-09-19 22:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually sounds like it would NOT require packets, as what you are asking for sounds entirely client-side. I don't think we have any way to alter the in-game menus though, so there would probably be no means possible to accomplish your filtering idea.

The problem with the concept is that you'd still most likely be subject to client menu lag, which would remove most of the imagined utility I think for anything with more than one page of choices.

Might just want to wait til Windower 5.0 to go live since it is pretty crazy what should be doable using the new tools. I would not be surprised if it became possible to basically replace the menus with a customized addon that actually could do what you are asking for, with prettier graphics than anything the in-game system can pull off.

Small aside. I haven't had any call for dealing with JA's, but the addon that I wrote (EasyNuke, can be found on the Dev depository) actually handles nukes (single/aoe) and cures (single/aoe) and lolAbsorbs combined w/ mode/element changes, to allow for nearly full utility from a single macro page for BLM. (Added the cures for a lsmate who requested it.) I'm sure you could adapt it for JA use if you wanted to. ^^

If I ever manage to wrap my head around v5, I plan to add a nice graphical UI to it so that it's even easier to know what you are using to blow ***up. :D
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-09-20 09:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually there is something similar to what you want with windower's addon, I think it's called "shortcuts".

For example, when I type "//fire3" it will automatically cast fire 3.
I think that works with JAs too.
etc...
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-20 10:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe ask in the Windower Discord server?

https://discord.gg/UMZvRGk

I'd be interested in this too, would make it so there'd be less work in having a million Phantom Roll macros.

Valefor.Gorns said: »
Actually there is something similar to what you want with windower's addon, I think it's called "shortcuts".

For example, when I type "//fire3" it will automatically cast fire 3.
I think that works with JAs too.
etc...

Not at all what they're asking. They want to consolidate macros, so instead of having a macro for each Ability, they want to open up the menu set for that ability and choose from there.
By Pechvarry 2018-09-20 10:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies, folks!
I'm sure it would be possible to create a customizable click-able interface with, say, a list of JAs on it. But, personally, I wouldn't use it - I just can't stomach mouse input in FFXI for anything other than repositioning addon elements and placing map markers.

I'm fine with the speed to open a menu as-is, when it's only a single-menu deep. A job like Drk/War, I'm comfortable performing all JAs from menu. Not so, something like RUN, SCH, or DNC.

As far as filtering goes, I'm thinking about how when you first zone, you can open up your spell list and it's empty -- it hasn't been loaded into memory yet, so it displays no spells known. The other part of that is literally, that the game won't show your client spells it doesn't think you know. You can see this in action on Blue Mage. Using your battle menu to select Magic > Blue Magic only displays currently-set spells. I realize these are all things that are set server-side, but I'm hoping there's a way to treat the client as if it had only received X entries, based on filter condition.

That said, I'm guessing even if it's possible, it's approximately 20x as much work as Part 1, which is why I want to start there.

I've poked around some in the Windower documentation, tried to find some similar addons to understand what they're doing. So far, I have failed. I don't know where to start.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pechvarry 2018-09-20 11:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
you could create something similar in command using your windower4>scripts>init.txt file to create a shortcut to perform those tasks with ;wait 1; in-between the command-codes, like
Code
alias idled gs c set IdleMode Death
alias udmg input /ja "Unbridled Learning" <me>;wait 2;input /ja "Diffusion" <me>;wait 3;input /ma "Mighty Guard" <me>
alias wing input /item "Lucid Wings I" <me>;wait 3;input /item "Lucid Wings II" <me>;wait 3;input /item "Daedalus Wing" <me>

Sadly, that's not at all what I'm after. This is how you create multiple command inputs. I want a single command that launches several options, of which I would choose one.
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2018-09-20 13:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Per Cair and Iryoku in our Discord support channel.

Cair said:
Using in game tools to do that would be difficult to impossible, v5 UI approach might be a bit less of a headache but still a great undertaking

Iryoku said:
getting a specific in-game submenu to open is very difficult, not impossible, but very difficult. probably requiring live patching of the client code
filtering is nearly impossible
By Pechvarry 2018-09-20 16:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, Talym. That's a little more crushing than I was expecting, and I was expecting it to be bad, heh. But it's good to know.

Hopefully, this idea will stick around. If anyone happens across an idea of how this could be done, feel free to post here.
 Odin.Nappy
Server: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2018-09-20 17:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see this being possible with the text addon kinda like the skillup lua. Would it be worth the effort? I doubt it. Simple toggle and cycling through variables is a much easier task. I have some toggles and a command to use that command with only one macro.
 Odin.Nappy
Server: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2018-09-20 17:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Such as
Code
state.AutoCallOut:options('On','Off')

function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
        if state.AutoCallOut.value == "On" then
		if buff == "doom" then
                if gain then           
                        send_command('@input /p is Doomed, please Cursna.')					
                elseif not gain and not player.status == "Dead" and not player.status == "Engaged Dead" then
                        send_command('input /p Doom removed, Thank you.')
                else
                        send_command('input /p '..player.name..' is no longer Doomed, Thank you !')
                end
				 elseif buff == "petrification" then
                if gain then    			
                        send_command('@input /p '..player.name..' is Petrified, please Stona.')		
				else
                        send_command('input /p '..player.name..' is no longer Petrified, Thank you !')
					end
				 elseif buff == "Charm" then
				 if gain then  			
                        send_command('@input /p is Charmed, please Sleep me.')		
				else	
                        send_command('input /p '..player.name..' is no longer Charmed, please wake me up!')
					end
				elseif buff == "paralysis" then
                 if gain then

send_command('@input /p '..player.name..' is Paralyzed, please Paralyna.')	
                else                        
                        send_command('input /p '..player.name..' is no longer Paralyzed, Thank you !')
                    end
				elseif buff == "silence" then
				if gain then

send_command('@input /p '..player.name..' is Silenced, please Silena.')	
                else                        
                        send_command('input /p '..player.name..' is no longer Silenced, Thank you !')
                    end	
        end
		else
		end
end

Then I have a alias called badwhm
alias badwhm gs c cycle AutoCallOut
Then I just use //badwhm in game to turn it on and off