Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Vol.1 - September
Ambuscade Vol.1 - September
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-08 19:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've avoided ambu entirely this month, but I'd be happy to get clears, even if it took 20min.

Hit me up asura, i'm online!!
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-08 19:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
just turn

Inability to "just turn" is the entire reason you take a pet job in the first place.

And if you're kiting it around it does not go for the tank first. Goes for the closest body when it applies mask.

Smn kiting dipshittery is just taking it a step further making it harder for no reason.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-10-08 21:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I've avoided ambu entirely this month, but I'd be happy to get clears, even if it took 20min.

Hit me up asura, i'm online!!

Yo Buuki you got PUP right? It's an easy month for points :D
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-10-09 09:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We do Run, Whm, Cor, Rng, Geo, Brd. We swap the bard for people that need go leech. About a 9 minute fight with a leecher.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-09 10:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I HAVE BARD AND PUPPET BUT NOBODY HAS ASKED ME TO JOIN THERES COME ON GUYS. WTF??? I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SET THIS UP AND I NEED 40K POINTS BEFORE RESET. SOMEONE HIT ME UP TONIGHT, 8PM EST IM ONLINE!!! CAPS LOCK IS INTENDED!!!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-10-09 11:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
On the topic of PUP, in the one group I went with the PUP had killed Frigg in the time we killed Freyja and Skathi each time, but every other PUP I've done it with has just held it with voke and flash.
What is the reason most don't kill it?

cause if you kill it before freya, then it just respawns, and being that frigg is squishy anyway, saving for last, it gets burned down in a few seconds
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2018-10-09 11:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

On the topic of PUP, in the one group I went with the PUP had killed Frigg in the time we killed Freyja and Skathi each time, but every other PUP I've done it with has just held it with voke and flash.
What is the reason most don't kill it?

On D and VD you'd have to Overdrive to kill it, I think, so most PUPs don't bother? I try to be offensive enough to take ~30% of Frigg's HP without OD but honestly it's possible to go a lot harder than that. I haven't played with killing Frigg too much, though I did GEO for a VD where the PUP 1 hour'ed and almost had her dead by the time Skathi was dead.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2018-10-09 13:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be interested in what frame/attachment/gear setup that they used.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-10-09 14:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In a non super-tank set up I meant, including a PUP.
I don't understand how it is different if he is on Brd. He could go Brd with either set up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-09 15:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, I don't know why this always needs repeating. 95% of EVERYTHING on asura is GARBAGE.

Most Pup you saw will be in full turtle tank mode with lolrao or loltaliah sub whm and just stand there.

GOOD pups. Ones that actually know what the *** they're doing, easily kill or drop frigg to nominal health. (even on VD)

They're usually using the standard DD puppet. Again you can do this without a single defensive piece of gear, and without a single defensive attachment. Just some regen. it's that *** simple.

I got to do this month with (multiple) Kenkonken Pups (most of which were straight terrible, sorry fellas, I'm sad for your puppets) and even a guy that had the Su5 weapon (which is *** amazing) he was pretty damn good.

Below D the master should be meleeing Frigg, she can't do ANYTHING until freyja dies. One 5 step skillchain does 25%+ of her health. There's no excuses not to be doing this. Other than the fact that it's assura, and you're lazy.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-09 15:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have to check if my pet tanking cape has the resin augment for additional regen. And dust off my taeon, and cop me p+1 animator. You're being a bit hard on PUP players. A lot of people that "have" PUP aren't "Career PUPs", they just play it as supplemental to whatever their main is. I have seen a total of 3 PUP who have dumped massive time/gil into the job, so you're not pulling from a huge pool of good PUPs to begin with. Plus the 1200 Gift makes the world of difference for PUP, and many who just picked the job up probably don't have that, nor su3 gear. So yeah, a turtle automaton is "good enough" for most things.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-09 15:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, you don't need any of that ***. You just have to not full turtle. (you do need a decent amount of automaton skill) I see a lot of pups that can't even hit the mob because they pl'd to 99 and their autos are underskilled.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Again you can do this without a single defensive piece of gear, and without a single defensive attachment. Just some regen. it's that *** simple.
You. Do. Not. Need. to use full tank mod automation, at the bare minimum go with a "bruiser tank"
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-09 16:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually stay in my full sharpshot Overdrive attachment set. I only change 1 thing. I swap, I think tension spring 3 for Strobe II for the lamia fight.

I have 53% pet -dt from gear alone. 12.5% from frame, 9% stout servant for total of 74.5% without any attachments. I swap in dt set if I need to.

Tanking a single lamia is so easy as far as damage goes, it doesn't really deserve a tank setup. I'm not competing w/ other dps to hold it, so I use just the 1 strobe. and I do Overdrive to make it faster.

The real challenge is dealing with the hate drop mechanics and enfeebles.

I like to Overdrive Freyja. or Skathi when Freyja dead. Depends on which one I'm on.

Both have some annoying enfeebles (terror, petrify, DOOM/petrify) which are really tedious if you drag out too long.

Its often worht it to me to reset 1 hour between fights on VD. Lamia are already slow for most ppl to get KI again, resetting 1-hour adds a few more minutes. but when you get 10800 per fight its worthwhile.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-09 16:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Because COR has been winning every single update for the past year.

Mad Gainz bro. Touched on this multiple times in multiple threads.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-09 17:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how many people been getting a DP recently.

[+]
By Draylo 2018-10-09 23:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nerf COR!!!! :P
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Autocast 2018-10-10 09:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought they just stopped adding blu to the new DD equip and let it fall off starting with omen, Considering we likely wont see anything past new JSE I dont think that approach will work for cor at this point.
By Afania 2018-10-10 10:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Other DD already got boosted via wsd adjustment. The entire reason why cor is pretty strong is because newest relevant content(dyna wave 3 boss) favors it and weak against leaden. The only way to "fix" it is release new content that doesn't take this much dmg from leaden.

Leaden avg 40k to 50k on wave 3 boss, if every other DDs ws avg got boost to 50k range every other content difficulty will be destroyed. It's much better to balance job by making content that doesn't take this much dmg from leaden.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [808 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-26 06:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lamiae next month. Pre-Bump so you can get salted in advance.

And suddenly all the pup shards and voids became worth 10m
(I'm actually kind of impressed, I thought all the Void:PUP would be 1g but they're not)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-11 23:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

rebump as it's officially the new one now... hope you saw the warning and got your pup ready.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 01:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it the same Lamia?

I vaguely remember this one to be burnable too.
By Ruaumoko 2021-01-12 01:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

*** hell...

They've added hate reset attacks to two of the Lamia.

Freyja: Edifying Dance
Skathi: Heaven's Arrows
Frigg: Didn't see one used.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-01-12 02:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the ranged strat from the archive still work?
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-12 03:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
They've added hate reset attacks to two of the Lamia.

Freyja: Edifying Dance
Skathi: Heaven's Arrows
Frigg: Didn't see one used

They also added a new petrify move to Skathi. Not sure if it can be resisted. It's a worse version of blight dance that hits you even if facing or turning away. Begins with Noxious something.

Also Heaven's Arrows hit me for 2500 in 5/5 Malignance capped DT on Monk. It's kinda dumb.