Game: FFXI
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2023-05-16 00:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Facing southwest during windsday and fullmoon also improve the odds too

That's nonsense.

It's facing North and Lightsday for less chance of mimic, Darksday for higher loot chance but higher chance of mimic.

you have to put this on too
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-16 00:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
if Chest was #8 roll 1 of the last chests to gold/rainbow and other to return mimic only.

Except that the 9th chest event was an addition to Trove. Before the adjustment, the 10th chest was still always the mimic. There really isn't any reason why it wouldn't have been the whole time.

I made a crappy Trove simulator app, but doing so caused me to rethink how this event works. I used to think BB was a proc that happened during the game, but anymore I'm starting to think it's probably present on load. It's basically the same thing as the initial rainbow chest, except without the visual cue.

Successfully reaching the 3rd chest grants a 60% chance of displaying the BB message, going up to 80% at chest 4 and 100% at chest 5. If you don't find it, the 9th chest event overwrites it either with gold or rainbow and you shake your fist or jump for joy respectively. Then again, it's also possible that you found it prior to chest 3/4/5, but you never knew it was BB because no message displayed.

Manque said: »
So basic consensus for more casual people who play 1 char with maybe a mule is to stick to Mars instead of Venus?
I play single account with a few mules, but I assume it is the same for most people. I stick with Mars orbs unless I pick up a random Venus orb from monthly deeds. In my experience, Venus at almost twice the voucher cost is not rewarding almost twice the loot. More opportunities feels more meaningful in my opinion.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-16 01:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it was known, I don't think I've ever seen anybody report it here but I could be wrong.
A friend did a Trove yesterday and he found not one but TWO Rainbow Chests at start.
Didn't know it was possible.

Anybody else ever experienced that?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-16 02:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Not sure if it was known, I don't think I've ever seen anybody report it here but I could be wrong.
A friend did a Trove yesterday and he found not one but TWO Rainbow Chests at start.
Didn't know it was possible.

Anybody else ever experienced that?

Yes
By Pantafernando 2023-05-16 02:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »
So basic consensus for more casual people who play 1 char with maybe a mule is to stick to Mars instead of Venus?

My own understanding is that if youre only aiming for loud thuds, you go venus orb.

If youre fine with thuds, then sure, mars.

I collected data in the beggining. At that time, my conclusion is that the odds to get loud thuds would make up for the difference in cost between mars and venus
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-16 02:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My own understanding is that if youre only aiming for loud thuds, you go venus orb.

If youre fine with thuds, then sure, mars.
wat

Atm the only known difference between Mars and Venus is that the latter guarantees at least Thud on the Terminal Coffer.

Everything else like less chances at Mimic, more chances at Loud Thud and blah blah could be real or false but it's just pure speculation at this point.

So what is better between Mars and Venus?
We don't know, simply because we don't know the full extent of the differences between these two types of orbs, other than the one thing I mentioned before which is so far the only demonstrated and known difference.

One small thing I can personally say on the Mars vs Venus matter is "time spent".
When you end up having like, what, over 100 AMAN Silver Vouchers stored up, it's gonna take a long, long time to convert them all into Mars Orbs, with all the constant zone in, zone out etc.
Because of this, someone might prefer Venus Orb in this situation not much for the higher odds at getting loot (we don't know, as I said before) but simply because of the less time spent converting all those vouchers into orbs.
By Seun 2023-05-16 03:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Ok so pre-update remove the BB rules and on chest 8 pick one of the remaining two to return mimic only? I don't get why this wouldn't be possible.

Pre-update:
if chest# == 8 then
set9 or 10 to return M only
else
return pick(N/T/LT/M)
end

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm asking why go to the trouble.

People are saying that they believe mimic is a possibility from every normal chest. So roll for mimic or not and if not, roll for noise value? I assume the odds for mimic increase as you open boxes? Again, why not just place the mimic at the start when everything else is rolled?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Danial
Server: Odin
By Odin.Danial 2023-05-16 09:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an opinions on waiting until after the event to use orbs? I'm more interested in Omen drops and what not. I feel like last time I missed out on anything good because I kept getting the multitudes of worthless trove specific drops.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-16 10:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you feel losing 100M drops for a hypothetical increase of 0.000000000000000001 to 0.0000000000000000011, sure
By Pantafernando 2023-05-16 11:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Could instead hoard like twice the average snd shout for others to spend thrir orbs instead
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-16 11:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Do it now, sell the mars special drops for 50m/100m etc

Then watch shouts and pick up the garbage bodies you still want for only 20m. Common sense.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-16 17:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i knew the best way to get pulse weapon is from AMAN trove provided you have the orbs.

Already snagged 4 different pulse weapons. I dont even have mats for the second ambu weapon
By Seun 2023-05-16 18:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Danial said: »
Anyone have an opinions on waiting until after the event to use orbs? I'm more interested in Omen drops and what not. I feel like last time I missed out on anything good because I kept getting the multitudes of worthless trove specific drops.

I usually run my orbs in the window before the campaign starts, but I skip them. It hasn't been difficult to make gil in this game for quite some time, so I'd prefer a higher chance at more rare items.

Well i knew the best way to get pulse weapon is from AMAN trove Urmahlullu provided you have the orbs plutons.

Fix'd
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2023-05-16 21:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to try my luck with this again, last time I got the wsd ring.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-18 03:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just now got 2 free silver voucher.

Usual advice to grab it before jp midnight
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-18 05:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I just had a run when i got belligerant sound in the fourth chest.

I managed to get to the 8th opened chest, when the Rainbow chest revealed.

Interesting though is that the 8th chest didnt gave me a sound.

I just wonder if the 8th opened is like a soft reset of the games condition explaining why there wasnt a sound in the 8th chest.

Or that the Rainbow chest was the one flagged by the 8th.

Now we will never know
By Seun 2023-05-18 08:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
If you don't find it, the 9th chest event overwrites it either with gold or rainbow...

You didn't find it.

There were 3 chests left. 1 was the BB, 1 was a normal chest and 1 was the mimic. You picked the normal chest and the BB was overwritten.

If you had picked the BB, the 9th chest would have changed to rainbow and you would have another loud thud. At least it didn't get overwritten by a gold chest.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-18 10:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, later i managed to get the belligerant LT before the 8th.

But belligerant is a trap. I had one LT opened when i saw the belligerant sound.

Tried to go for the second LT and got mimic instead.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-19 17:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

After many orbs spent, my usual strat of having a fixed order and opening untill a Loud Thud happens ended with like 1/3 success rate (1/3 of those orbs allowed me to open terminal chest with either no option left or Loud Thud).

Next set of orbs im leaning toward testing opening up to 4 chest. Having belligerant, going forward. Not having belligerant, opening terminal chest.

This approach confronts:

The odds of terminal chest being Loud Thud

VS

The odds of existing Loud Thuds with no belligerant sound + the odds of opening the 8th chest.

I can compare both results by seeing if this approach will net me higher or lower of 1/3 success rate.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-19 20:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Strategy should be pretty firm at this point since we have a lot of solid data here already.

The rainbow on entry is random. The noise/thud/loud you get from chests is rolled when you interact with the chest, so also random. There is no correlation between noise and mimic location so it provides no other information.

Belligerent Bang is an indicator that there is still a loud thud on the board, but does not indicate where that chest is. You are still blindly opening chests, which still leaves you in the dark realm of RNG.

How much risk are you comfortable exchanging for the biscuit? Roll a die. Ask ChatGPT. Throw a stone at a pond and count the skips. All correct answers in a game of chance. Bless RNG.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-19 20:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moonja said: »
I personally have started doing eenie meenie miney moe, I have no idea if that’s how you spell all that.

Maybe it works better if you spell it incorrectly? Now you have homework...
By Pantafernando 2023-05-19 20:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. So I ran another orb right after that!

Loud thud on first pick and another from Terminal.

Two Malignance Gloves, I managed to give them both away! :D

I gotta stop just putting stuff on my mules so I gave shouting a try and it worked!

I saw this shout, i would ask how much.

I need body hands and head.

Somhow i manage to get three thights and one feet

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-19 21:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in that boat. There are only 2 items I don't have from Trove so it's just for fun anyway.
[+]
By Rips 2023-05-20 00:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

+

Man of the people.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 67 68 69