Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 133 134 135
By Viciouss 2018-09-04 18:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Viciouss said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Im sure they are aware it's not a good business decision, but sometimes it goes beyond that.

Its not a bad business decision, the initial conservative crying will be really loud, but it won't affect Nike. Who buys Nikes in 2018? Same demographic that has always bought them, young people between the ages of 16-35. Also happens to be the same age group that has come out strong for Kaep.
Who cares if a bunch of old, conservative white men stop buying socks? Combine that with the fact Nike signed an 8 year extension earlier in the year with the NFL to be their official uniform provider, they have nothing to worry about. And basketball hasn't even started.

I work in the US headquarters of of a very large international company. Trust me, you do not want to alienate potential or current customers just because you're currently "doing okay". Investors aren't just going to sit on their hands when top line growth takes a hit just because, golly gosh gee willikers, it was for a "good cause" after all.

They invest in a company because they expect continuous, positive growth, and this is a huge gamble. Your careless dismissal of real customers is a sure sign that you don't understand business, and who knows where that leaves Nike.

Lebron 16's come out Sept 20, expect huge sales and very happy investors. You can buy the Lebron 15's right now from KITH LA's website. Business is much better than "okay," but it was a funny try.
By Viciouss 2018-09-04 18:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bob Woodward: Trump's aides stole his papers 'to protect the country'
CNN

Its an article about Woodward's forthcoming book "Fear: Trump in the White House."

And the god-emporer himseld is giving the book free publicity!

'Just another bad book': Trump dismisses Woodward's explosive book
CNN

Sounds like it is just confirming previously known facts. Woodward couldn't even get an interview with Trump because of the dysfunction.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-04 19:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Another example of your misunderstanding of business. A salacious book of lies will sell better than a mundane book of truths. Bob Woodward is clearly opting for the former for the sake of publicity.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-04 19:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what? The 8th President Woodward has written on? Safe to say his credibility is bullet er, twitter proof. He doesn't need any publicity, he has two Pulitzers lol. If you still want to deny the facts go right ahead.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-09-04 19:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I work in the US headquarters of of a very large international company. Trust me, you do not want to alienate potential or current customers just because you're currently "doing okay". Investors aren't just going to sit on their hands when top line growth takes a hit just because, golly gosh gee willikers, it was for a "good cause" after all.

They invest in a company because they expect continuous, positive growth, and this is a huge gamble. Your careless dismissal of real customers is a sure sign that you don't understand business, and who knows where that leaves Nike.
There's more than one way to market something. Nike knows their base and the brand they expect. The NRA isn't pitching memberships in Berkeley and Nike isn't trying to appeal to the maga crowd. Focusing on the people they absolutely know will buy their product is how trendy ***gets pushed.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-04 19:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what? The 8th President Woodward has written on? Safe to say his credibility is bullet er, twitter proof. He doesn't need any publicity, he has two Pulitzers lol. If you still want to deny the facts go right ahead.

How on Earth does the number of presidents you've written about translate into a barometer of honesty? He's made a substantial numbers of claims over the years that have not had a shred of evidence to back them up. I'd love to see you pat him on the back for the salacious crap he's said about candidates that you've supported, though. Or is only the stuff about Republicans true?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-04 19:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

There's more than one way to market something. Nike knows their base and the brand they expect. The NRA isn't pitching memberships in Berkeley and Nike isn't trying to appeal to the maga crowd. Focusing on the people they absolutely know will buy their product is how trendy ***gets pushed.

Given what it's done to the NFL in general, I think they completely missed the pulse. But hey, time will tell.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-04 19:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Given what it's done to the NFL in general, I think they completely missed the pulse. But hey, time will tell.

Revenue is up?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-04 19:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Revenue is up?

Yet again proving that you do not understanding business. Revenue being up is nice, but it's "A", not the only metric that matters in the big picture, and "B", pointless to bring up if the revenue could have been drastically higher if it were not for stupid business decisions.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-04 19:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The NFL has much bigger problems, which we have been over repeatedly, the long term health of the athletes is having a way bigger impact that the anthem protests, I'm not even sure if the NFL has suffered at all because of the protests. Revenue is up, their streaming service is booming, they just need to address the safety of the sport. Let the players kneel, and let the conservatives cry about it.
By Zerowone 2018-09-04 20:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Company is up 30% for the year. It knows it’s most loyal supporter is black youth.

Yeah Nike took a dip in stocks today but it’ll bounce +5% because of opportunities to buy low and it being a global brand. They also had 43Million in sales the last 48hrs.

They won’t be hurting.

Burning your shoes and socks over an ad campaign... who are the snowflakes again? Conservative projection is just too much sometimes. So sensitive. Especially when you actually see the add.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-04 20:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
Company is up 30% for the year. It knows it’s most loyal supporter is black youth.

Yeah Nike took a dip in stocks today but it’ll bounce +5% because of opportunities to buy low and it being a global brand. They also had 43Million in sales the last 48hrs.

They won’t be hurting.

Burning your shoes and socks over an ad campaign... who are the snowflakes again? Conservative projection is just too much sometimes. So sensitive. Especially when you actually see the add.

I will never understand you, like seriously. When the left boycotts something it is justified and the one true path, but when the right does it they are stupid. Your killin me.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-04 20:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The NFL has much bigger problems, which we have been over repeatedly, the long term health of the athletes is having a way bigger impact that the anthem protests, I'm not even sure if the NFL has suffered at all because of the protests. Revenue is up, their streaming service is booming, they just need to address the safety of the sport. Let the players kneel, and let the conservatives cry about it.

No one gives a damn about concussions they should have realized that ***when most of the game is bashing their heads on other players. They get paid damn good money to do so. So I don't feel sorry for millionaires.
By fonewear 2018-09-04 20:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't say that the kneeling is a direct correlation to ratings decline. Remember there was an election a few years ago. Not everyone watches football also.
By fonewear 2018-09-04 20:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Where I live football is still king almost as big as in Texas. Baseball soccer etc would kill to get the money the NFL makes in one year.
By Viciouss 2018-09-04 20:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

We can't even say that total viewership is down. Nielsen ratings are becoming less and less relevant, especially when every sport has a streaming service that the ratings don't factor in. I deactivated my cable 5 years ago and just sub to MLB.tv. NFL has Sunday Ticket which I am waiting for them to offer a 1 team sub for a reduced price. More and more people are doing this, why bother paying for cable in 2018?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-04 20:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That said, I do feel kinda bad for the NFL, Nike could have announced this say a month ago, instead of on the eve of their season. But given how poorly the NFL has handled the anthem protests, and how terrible the commissioner is, and how they are headed for a strike, my sympathy already evaporated.

He is laughing all the way to the bank. Pretty sure he makes 50 M a year. And the owners love him. So he isn't going away.
By fonewear 2018-09-04 21:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I only need access to sports and TCM (Turner Classic Movies) I got like 300 channels and most of it is garbage.
By fonewear 2018-09-04 21:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost forgot that FXX has every single episode of the Simpsons. That is enough entertainment for me forever.
By fonewear 2018-09-04 21:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of which October baseball is close. Probably my favorite time of the year. I get to see good baseball for once. Not the shitty home town team.
By Viciouss 2018-09-04 21:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
That said, I do feel kinda bad for the NFL, Nike could have announced this say a month ago, instead of on the eve of their season. But given how poorly the NFL has handled the anthem protests, and how terrible the commissioner is, and how they are headed for a strike, my sympathy already evaporated.

He is laughing all the way to the bank. Pretty sure he makes 50 M a year. And the owners love him. So he isn't going away.

I would say some of the owners love him, Jerry Jones tried to stage a coup last year and oust him, which the league fined him 2M for, I'm sure he paid cash. I think the owners are tiring of his inconsistent discipline policy. You embarrassed the league, 6 games! You were charged with a crime, but later it was dismissed, 3 games! YOU SHOT SOMEONE AND RAN OVER THEIR CORPSE, YOU CAN PLAY!
By Zerowone 2018-09-04 21:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

They won’t be hurting.

I will never understand you, like seriously. When the left boycotts something it is justified and the one true path, but when the right does it they are stupid. Your killin me.

It’s not what you boycott but how you boycott.

The right boycotts Starbucks by going to Starbucks and buying coffee under the name of Trump... how is this a boycott.

NFL players take a knee in protest to police brutality during national anthem the responding boycott is to burn NFL products out of a feeling that the flag was disrespected.

Nike uses Kaepernick (“if you believe in something, just do it no matter the cost”, all things considered a powerful and motivational message) and people burn Nike products in response.

In all 3 of those recent boycotts there wasn’t an actual boycott. All products that were harmed were bought and paid for.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-04 22:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

MJ could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and people would still buy Jordans.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-09-05 07:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We need more "Help I got to move my illegitimate child to South Dakota go fund me threads" I haven't laughed this much in ages.
By fonewear 2018-09-05 07:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

In case you missed it 4 pages of fun:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52749/too-far-from-home/4/#3371112
By fonewear 2018-09-05 07:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

They won’t be hurting.

It’s not what you boycott but how you boycott.

The right boycotts Starbucks by going to Starbucks and buying coffee under the name of Trump... how is this a boycott.

NFL players take a knee in protest to police brutality during national anthem the responding boycott is to burn NFL products out of a feeling that the flag was disrespected.

Nike uses Kaepernick (“if you believe in something, just do it no matter the cost”, all things considered a powerful and motivational message) and people burn Nike products in response.

In all 3 of those recent boycotts there wasn’t an actual boycott. All products that were harmed were bought and paid for.

I don't believe in anything...can Nike make that a shoe ad ?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-05 07:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nike shoes for nihilists. And overpriced Air Jordan shoes that you probably won't wear. Cause they are "collectible".
By Nausi 2018-09-05 08:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure they are aware it's not a good business decision, but sometimes it goes beyond that.

Its not a bad business decision, the initial conservative crying will be really loud, but it won't affect Nike. Who buys Nikes in 2018? Same demographic that has always bought them, young people between the ages of 16-35. Also happens to be the same age group that has come out strong for Kaep.
Who cares if a bunch of old, conservative white men stop buying socks? Combine that with the fact Nike signed an 8 year extension earlier in the year with the NFL to be their official uniform provider, they have nothing to worry about. And basketball hasn't even started.

Who cares if you piss off a strong percentage of your market! Sound business policy!
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-05 08:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »

Who cares if you piss off a very low percentage of your market! Sound business policy!

ftfy.
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 133 134 135