Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 133 134 135
By fonewear 2018-09-04 09:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Here you go taking shoe fetish to another level:

He (Jerry) began to stalk local women as a teenager, knocking down or choking them unconscious, and fleeing with their shoes.[3]
By fonewear 2018-09-04 09:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I recommend buying Nike shoes on discount if you are going to burn them anyways.

Also some kids in Africa could have eaten those shoes. Did you think about the starving kids in Africa...no you didn't !
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-04 09:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes I wonder if social justice or whatever would be more acceptable if their statements were nuanced instead of angrily shouted by college kids who are most likely just parroting their professor's opinions.

I saw Hungary did away with gender studies and whatnot in their colleges as they saw it partly as harmful but also not at all useful to the workforce.

...it does strike me as a waste of time and money but whatever. I kinda wonder if Trump will see that and try to implement something similar here. I don't think it would work but the fallout would be entertaining.

Btw, when I bring up the guns issue being more of a mental health issue, someone always points out that gun control would be much easier than implementing mental health related programs and laws...but really if you look at what would have to go into "takin r guns" mental health would be easier.

It would also fix more problems than just banning guns whereas too strict of gun control would create problems. Lawful gun owners may be unable to protect themselves from a criminal who got his weapon illegally, it puts manufacturers and retailers out of work, etc.

David Hogg had me then lost me. S&W is the first gun manufacturer to start caving when ***goes awry, that's why their revolvers now have those ugly locks in them. I do want a 4" 686 tho. 6 round because I'm a purist like that.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-04 09:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does Nike need to get involved with politics. They should focus on making better shoes.

I don't give a ***about some *** taking a stand. I just want shoes that are durable.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-09-04 09:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Nike will be the latest victim

I don't own any of their stock so idgaf either way...

it seems like a dumb move to me... it's a little too late, if they wanted to capitalize on the controversy they should have done it two years ago. and it's probably a little too little not supporting his actual views... so...hit it pat benatar

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-04 09:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They should make Nike AL Sharpton shoes with giant shock absorbers so even his fat *** can walk in comfort !

I've been to the top of the mountain...and with these Nike fat *** shock shoes...I was quite comfortable.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-04 09:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Only sneakers I wear are Chuck's, otherwise boots.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-09-04 09:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Sometimes I wonder

unfortunately for us it's usually out loud...

I wonder if social justice or whatever would be more acceptable if their statements were nuanced

if they actually spent the time nessesary to hone their arguments they would quite naturally realize that they were wrong.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-04 10:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I wear crocks and airwalks.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-09-04 10:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

low top doc martins, they look like boots to everyone, but are more comparable to a loafer.

*** laces.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-04 10:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I have some of those frayed canvas Crocs but those are Crocs.

Siren.Mosin said: »
low top doc martins, they look like boots to everyone, but are more comparable to a loafer.

*** laces.
Docs are good but not really sold anywhere near me. I'd like some Thorogood moc toes when I get back to work. Not impressed with my Wolverine Wellingtons, too much extra ***inside that got shredded over time. I hate that, the interior wears out when the outers and soles are still good.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-04 10:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

As for casual wear, Engineer boots look p nice.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-09-04 10:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Docs are good but not really sold anywhere near me.

they're not quite as good as they used to be. I worked construction and would get 2-3 years out of a pair, and now I work in an office and a pair only lasts me a year and a half or so. they're still comfortable and still look good, but the sole cracks, and then you have wet socks.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-09-04 11:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

casual

filthy casual
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-04 11:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Airwalks that takes me back. Everyone had airwalks back in the day.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-04 11:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

*** laces.

Agreed I'm about () close to having Velcro shoes and *** the naysays they don't mean a thing !
By fonewear 2018-09-04 11:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust your instincts and let go of shoe laces:
YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2018-09-04 11:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-04 11:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Docs are good but not really sold anywhere near me.

they're not quite as good as they used to be. I worked construction and would get 2-3 years out of a pair, and now I work in an office and a pair only lasts me a year and a half or so. they're still comfortable and still look good, but the sole cracks, and then you have wet socks.
They are made in China now unless you pay more for the MIE (Made in England) line.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-04 11:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm like 90% sure Senator Sheldon Whitehouse was in some prime time drama a few years back.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-04 11:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had a company, I'd start ***so people burn my product that way they have to buy more of my product after the outrage subsides and they realize that they played themselves.
By fonewear 2018-09-04 11:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Boycotts don't work. My local baseball team some of the fans wanted to boycott the team. But people showed up to the games anyways.
By fonewear 2018-09-04 11:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Boycotts are rarely the precipitating factor for change. Rather, they bring attention to an issue and signal the magnitude and intensity with which a group feels a particular way,” Schweitzer said. “In most cases, a small minority of people call for a boycott that the wider community fails to support by taking substantive action.

How bout that I looked something up:
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-boycotts-history-20180228-htmlstory.html
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2018-09-04 11:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm like 90% sure Senator Sheldon Whitehouse was in some prime time drama a few years back.

"You guys are shitty human beings.
Here's a bullet point list proving it."

-Senator Whitehouse
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-04 11:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

-Senator Whitehouse
"Mr. Chairman, we've seen this movie before, we know how it ends... I starred in it, and still have a copy of the script."

-Sen. Sheldon "Every-Damned-Time" Whitehouse
By Zerowone 2018-09-04 11:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

-Senator Whitehouse
"Mr. Chairman, we've seen this movie before, we know how it ends... I starred in it, and still have a copy of the script."

-Sen. Sheldon "Every-Damned-Time" Whitehouse

"Hold my beer"

-Sheldon Whitehouse
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-04 11:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I also find the idea that now Dems are wanting classified documents, Repubs are shitting themselves over it as if the Peter Strzok thing never happened.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-09-04 11:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Boycotts are rarely the precipitating factor for change. Rather, they bring attention to an issue and signal the magnitude and intensity with which a group feels a particular way,” Schweitzer said. “In most cases, a small minority of people call for a boycott that the wider community fails to support by taking substantive action.

How bout that I looked something up:
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-boycotts-history-20180228-htmlstory.html

Exhibit A:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47317/boycott-ffxiah/42#3365383
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-09-04 11:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I also find the idea that now Dems are wanting classified documents, Repubs are shitting themselves over it as if the Peter Strzok thing never happened.

"In case Wall Street was feeling left out... "

Sheldon “O-***” Whitehouse
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2018-09-04 11:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Now it’s totally not an invertebrate collection of alien mass pretending to be a human - Ted Cruz
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 133 134 135