Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Shiji
Shiji
 Asura.Massacres
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: hamany9
By Asura.Massacres 2018-05-16 13:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

How good is Shiji for an offhand? it has 77 acc which is too good. Are there any other options that can compete?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-05-16 13:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

"Shigi" is fantastic if you need accuracy. It's 1 slot that gives you a lot of flexibility. Don't feel bad using it.

Kanaria, Ochu, and Taka are all good offhand options. Playing Ninja, you're going to want to chase down most all of them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-05-16 13:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a solid Katana, really nice with Shurikens.

The only bad thing is the Katana Skill. I noticed it was lower than other 119 weapons. Kind of makes me scratch my head. The accuracy makes up for it though.

I wonder why they Give Shigi/Taka only 228 skill?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-05-16 13:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

skill only affects that weapon and offhand caps hit rate lower anyways so not even a big deal
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-16 14:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Katanas since it's inception has always come in two categories, the "kunai" knife-type, and the normal, longer katana variant. The former usually is a smaller, lower delay, lower damage (but similar dps weapon) that would normally provide some stat boost. The other was for main hand dps purposes. You can see that trend was started with artifact weapons (you get two of these katanas, one of each type).

When they went ilvl, I guess they wanted to keep the trend and have the kunai types with a lower skill/delay. It hardly matters though, since they give such a high amount of acc that usually makes up for it.

With that said, Shigi is really good for lower enmity/high acc/daken, and just a great all-purpose offhand katana. It gives you flexibility with DT and the unique Ninjutsu boons, which turns it into one of the best offhands to have. Of course, as Langly mentioned, you want to obtain all of the ones he mentioned. I happen to have 3 other Katanas that I use for situational use in addition to the ones he posted, but the list he identified is a great list of off-hands to reach for.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-05-16 15:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
skill only affects that weapon and offhand caps hit rate lower anyways so not even a big deal

Yeah I know, but I want maor acc dammit. Especially when you end up dumping plutons/materials into a JSE weapon. Or hell a weapon that drops off of a HELM of all things.

It's one of those minor pet peeves of mine.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-16 18:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Massacres said: »
How good is Shiji for an offhand? it has 77 acc which is too good. Are there any other options that can compete?
When acc uncapped, Shigi is actually the best option to equip offhand.