String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-01-29 19:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I remember that update addressing pet eva/meva. I'll continue to try and get some decent rolls but pet meva seems to be the santajesusbaby of the snoworb rolls. 2/99 meva rolls +5 and +10 lol to get 20+ on 5 pieces probably gonna take a lot of stones and alot of time.
By Felgarr 2024-01-30 01:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
yeah I remember that update addressing pet eva/meva. I'll continue to try and get some decent rolls but pet meva seems to be the santajesusbaby of the snoworb rolls. 2/99 meva rolls +5 and +10 lol to get 20+ on 5 pieces probably gonna take a lot of stones and alot of time.

I believe there is a campaign where augments are "better", too. I've definitely capped out on some augs quickly then. ( I think it was a RDM skirmish cape with Enhancing Skill+10/Duration+10. )
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-01-30 03:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Myamoto said: »

Yeah, Pet Meva is indeed a rare one. I ended up getting +22 or better on all my pieces (only one capped at 25) and called it a day, because my success rate getting meva to come up was pretty dire.

+2 stones didn't seem cost effective enough for me (at least when I did it, and supply can be an issue) since it's still quite rare to get pet Meva at all when using them. But I got lots of Snoworb +1s from a bunch of mules using red mog pells or login points, which was sufficient to get high enough meva to satisfy me. You might also have friends with more red pells than they know what to do with, who could be willing to toss some +1 orbs your way (I personally am always glad to help my friends with supply... if they're willing to suffer through getting the augments XD)
By Nariont 2024-01-30 11:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel about the same, all of my good rolls have been +1's and everytime i got a stack of +2's i regretted not just selling them to buy 2-3 stacks of +1's but this was before they became 99 stacks and came from trove
By Taint 2024-01-30 11:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet +1 adds a bunch of Meva based on testing. Wasn't it 50?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-30 11:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

A brokenly good amount, but thats unrelated to whether gear augments are functioning properly and of course the more you stack the better so you want ALL the meva
By Gasho 2024-01-31 18:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

are tanking sets on the first page updated?

TT and Bruisers

ty
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-01-31 21:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to get 5/5 taeon with Pet meva 20+ and DT 4%. Not sure what would be an ideal scenario or mob to fight. Initially I went into Sortie just because why not, Ghatjot is easy to get to and just magic damage. Initial visual results didn't give me any indicator that MEVA was reduced. Damage stayed within the same ranges as the DT set without meva which seems promising initially anyways.

If anyone would like to suggest something better please let me know. I only opted for Ghatjot out of convenience. I'll continue to mess around with it for the time being.
 Bahamut.Kisagotami
Server: Bahamut
user: khandha
By Bahamut.Kisagotami 2024-02-10 14:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I hadn't actually thought about job points when considering Sharpshot head and didn't even think that it'd work, that's actually kinda big. Now I want to test where that 60% is applied and how impactful it is, if it affects Mighty Strikes at all, etc.

The way it's worded makes it sound like it could mean Eagle Eye Shot only but stranger things have happened
I was curious about this as well so I just tested and it gives the accuracy bonus, not the damage bonus.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By Sleepingway 2024-03-12 03:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Any good tips on getting GS to work well with pup WSes?
By Nariont 2024-03-12 08:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Best i could do is make a pet ws set and swap it in before it hits 1k, once the puppet ws' itll swap back to whatever your engage/idle is.

Aint great since theres various reasons a pet wont ws immediately, but its the only one i found to be the most reliable
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-03-12 09:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There’s a master of puppets lua out there that tries to predict and swap in sets based on TP of pet and your TP and it kind of works but I had a ton of trouble trying to customize it to my liking.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-12 09:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It honestly isn't even worth trying. You can keep most or all of the high value puppet WS gear like pet lvl and pet TP bonus on in your own TP set (definitely all if you aren't meleeing with the puppet and just idling in pet gear) and the remaining pieces provide so little of a damage increase that swapping for any period of time might even be a damage loss. If you're hell bent on it or a majority of your damage is from the puppet (this should never happen outside of puppet only fights or OD on a high level NM w/ no buffs for the master) then you can somewhat predict and control puppet WSs with skillchain attachments. Otherwise, locking yourself into full pet gear for several seconds and hoping the puppet pops a WS is almost assuredly costing you more dmg than you're gaining.
[+]
By Gasho 2024-03-25 11:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

is 5/5 taeon with Pet meva 20+ and DT 4%
better for tanking v25 magical NMs? or its not worth it?
I use Rao Armor Set now.
ty
By Nariont 2024-03-25 11:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing else you can really put in those slots, though the pet level+1 items give more meva if you can take the DT hit on boots
By Gasho 2024-03-25 11:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

earring and feet, and change one of the attachment to dt?
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96