Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-11-03 14:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Drop Fomalhaut and make another

Oof. I'd also suggest if you are completely sure you dropped it, GM call and "one time" item restore. That's exactly the situation to use that for: a dropped item that would require re-making an ultimate weapon to replace.

If you haven't used a restore already by 2021, chances you'll need it again seem slim! I used mine on an accidentally thrown Happo Shuriken +1 several years back when that was BiS ammo (and at that point, had not been one for sale on my server's AH for a year+), no regrets.

Also, obligatory note that if you use Windower, totally worth checking with the "findAll" addon to see if you've just misplaced it somewhere: can check all your characters with "//findall Chrono" and see if it just got stuffed in a mog safe somewhere and you missed it.
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
Server: Asura
By Asura.Otomis 2021-11-03 16:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I am able to have an item recovered. However, they do this by rolling back your account I guess. Which means I could loose all the work completed over the last 3 months while upgrading many other items. Unfortunately, it seems the best course of action is to in fact remake my Fomalhaut. Le'Sigh.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-03 16:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

When I had an item recovered back in 2005 or something, they just popped the item back into my inventory, no rolling back involved.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-11-04 04:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Never heard of a rollback with character data before.
By ksoze 2021-11-04 06:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Otomis said: »
I am able to have an item recovered. However, they do this by rolling back your account I guess. Which means I could loose all the work completed over the last 3 months while upgrading many other items. Unfortunately, it seems the best course of action is to in fact remake my Fomalhaut. Le'Sigh.

You guess wrong, just contact support.
Remake is crazy talk.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-11-04 07:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Never heard of a rollback with character data before.

Happens if your account has been compromised not for an item restore though.
[+]
 Asura.Nolano
user: Nolano
By Asura.Nolano 2021-11-04 09:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Being that you have the bullet pouch, it sounds like your fomal is augmented. I dropped a Kartika a month or two ago, and they said they could not restore it because it was augmented. No amount of, “Just give me back the most basic aug’d version!,” worked. Apparently, restoring augmented items can, “Corrupt your character.” -_-
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 09:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolano said: »
Being that you have the bullet pouch, it sounds like your fomal is augmented. I dropped a Kartika a month or two ago, and they said they could not restore it because it was augmented. No amount of, “Just give me back the most basic aug’d version!,” worked. Apparently, restoring augmented items can, “Corrupt your character.” -_-

He lost bullet pouch tho, not the weapon and bullet pouch is not augmented.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-11-04 10:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you know people that regularly fight the NMs, I'd still go the remake route.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-11-04 11:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that Chinese aeonic merc prices on Asura are hitting "dirt cheap" levels now, I'd for for the remake with no regrets.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2021-11-04 14:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone do the magian gun trails for OA2~4 times and know if they work for melee attacks kinda like tp bonus gun?
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 14:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
Anyone do the magian gun trails for OA2~4 times and know if they work for melee attacks kinda like tp bonus gun?

No. ToM's OAx is weapon specific. Doesn't work for main hand from sub hand too (TP bonus does, which I assume you know).
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2021-11-04 14:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

No. ToM's OAx is weapon specific. Doesn't work for main hand from sub hand too (TP bonus does, which I assume you know).
well I thought because its an aug it might be different kinda like aeonics tp bonus doesnt work for main hand but aug magian trial weapons do
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 15:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

well I thought because its an aug it might be different kinda like aeonics tp bonus doesnt work for main hand but aug magian trial weapons do

I know where are you coming from with this question, but like I said, OAx from offhand melee magian weapons also doesn't work for mainhand like TP bonus does. Just to make it clear I'm only 99% sure I know the answer to your question. I just assume OAx augment on Magian gun to work like OAx augment on Magian sword (and for sword I know for sure it doesn't work for main hand).
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2021-11-04 16:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't the magian "OAx" guns "occasionally deal double damage" and not actually attacking twice?
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-11-04 16:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
Aren't the magian "OAx" guns "occasionally deal double damage" and not actually attacking twice?

No there is a gun that has OA2, OA2-4 and Occ deals double damage as far as I remember but I never made any of them.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2021-11-04 17:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

OAT wep only works on the wep it’s on even the aug, I made the nin OAT Marian katana way back and it was only on that 1 hand not both. Alternatively when those Magian weps first dropped and footwork was introduced mnk was super broken as the OAT worked for kicks on footwork but still used foot armor for dmg making you hit like a buffed drk 2-4times per round.
By fillerbunny9 2021-11-04 18:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
OAT wep only works on the wep it’s on even the aug, I made the nin OAT Marian katana way back and it was only on that 1 hand not both. Alternatively when those Magian weps first dropped and footwork was introduced mnk was super broken as the OAT worked for kicks on footwork but still used foot armor for dmg making you hit like a buffed drk 2-4times per round.
not to mention you had a ~5 hit build with appropriate sTP gear as well as how it calculated TP. *** that Apkallu trial though.
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-11-06 07:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Asura.Bippin said: »
Drop Fomalhaut and make another

Oof. I'd also suggest if you are completely sure you dropped it, GM call and "one time" item restore. That's exactly the situation to use that for: a dropped item that would require re-making an ultimate weapon to replace.

If you haven't used a restore already by 2021, chances you'll need it again seem slim! I used mine on an accidentally thrown Happo Shuriken +1 several years back when that was BiS ammo (and at that point, had not been one for sale on my server's AH for a year+), no regrets.

Also, obligatory note that if you use Windower, totally worth checking with the "findAll" addon to see if you've just misplaced it somewhere: can check all your characters with "//findall Chrono" and see if it just got stuffed in a mog safe somewhere and you missed it.

Took about a few days for a reply but I did receive a GM message:
Sharing as it may be helpful for those in the same boat. Looks like I will be remaking Fomalhaut.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-06 08:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

damn....I wonder if they could restore a Foma, just not the ammo pouch? It wouldn't save much as I doubt they'd restore it RP'd to where you had, but it would mean not having to go thru rebuilding it.
By SimonSes 2021-11-06 12:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, they won't restore RPed ranged weapon. There was some post some time ago about someone lost RPed Gastra or something and they said they can't restore it or even restore non RPed one I think
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-11-08 15:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Otomis said: »
I seemed to have misplaced my chrono bullet pouch? I have no idea how this could have happened. Is there anyway to get the item back? Been running around clicking a bunch of NPCs. I did a couple searches in forums but I am not seeing anything.

There was another thread on this if I recall but it turned out they hadnt actually started the ranking process lol Technically they should be able to do one time restore for a dropped item.. seems pretty lazy if they wont like others have shared. Good luck with dealing with GM
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-11-12 08:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for some max acc sets for new apex. what ya got?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-12 10:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Was using sets.engaged.DW.Acc.MaxHaste on Apex gears
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2021-11-15 09:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Where would Nisroch Jerkin be of use these days?
 Odin.Aurelius
user: Aure9700
By Odin.Aurelius 2021-11-15 09:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
Where would Nisroch Jerkin be of use these days?

I really only use mine for a ranged Crit Hit Rate % build.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-15 09:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple weeks ago one of my linkshell members reminded me that R15 augmented Gazu Bracelet +1 has a pretty massive accuracy boost for one slot as well.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-11-15 10:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Looking for some max acc sets for new apex. what ya got?

Adhemar Body/Hands Path A
Cape: 20Dex - 30 Accuracy - 10% Double attack
Gear set accuracy: 1326
Sublime Sushi +1: 105
M/Honor + B.Mad: 201
Total: 1632 Accuracy
I used Cor Roll + Sam Roll As Brd had single attack and Geo had attack buff up.
On Promy Apex @ 93% Accuracy ML 0-7.
Average Savage Blade ~34k. Spam @1k TP.
ItemSet 382540
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 10:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why meg legs instead of Malignance. Not only that's better acc but also you cap haste. This set has 24%.
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 121 122 123