Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 121 122 123
 Bahamut.Kludge
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Cobit
By Bahamut.Kludge 2020-10-18 12:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Constrain the above to a use case where the focus is on the use of physical weapon skills, where the use of a Rostam offhand isn't otherwise more beneficial, and you arrive at the extent of DD+1's usefulness. It's niche.

Personally, it looks really nice for dual-boxing omen bosses with a Tank and Trusts, in place of Rostam. The Dark Resist+25 is nice and Blurred+1 doesn't really cut it if you want to run Sam/Chaos.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-18 14:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kludge said: »
Constrain the above to a use case where the focus is on the use of physical weapon skills, where the use of a Rostam offhand isn't otherwise more beneficial, and you arrive at the extent of DD+1's usefulness. It's niche.

Personally, it looks really nice for dual-boxing omen bosses with a Tank and Trusts, in place of Rostam. The Dark Resist+25 is nice and Blurred+1 doesn't really cut it if you want to run Sam/Chaos.

What are the reasons to offhand a Rostam any more? DT boost? That's about the only situation I can come with any more.

Melee accuracy? The +45 from Demersal Degen+1 combined with a functional OAT and 10DEX(probably another 4-6acc based on your existing numbers) makes it stronger than offhanding a Rostam for that purpose. Even considering the +269 skill vs +242 skill due to that OAT will result in more total swings, and an overall improvement to total hits landed, assuming the rest of your set is functional.

Ranged Accuracy? An augmented kustawi+1 destroys it for raw racc AND you get -enmity and Rapid Shot.

Magic Accuracy? I'll sacrifice the 10macc difference between it and a Tauret for extra damage any day.

Like I said, the extra -DT from a 2nd equipped Rostam is the only reason I can find to offhand one any more. Add in Malignance gear being a part of any standard COR melee set these days, the benefit only shrinks more.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-10-18 14:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Suph said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Got the trifecta now. R10 atm but will fix that soon.

You’re... not... a Tarutaru?!

Dressup probably
Nope not a taru and no dressup changing me either. I actually can't stand being a taru. I get a headache running around on them and do have dressup running on my alt for that very reason.

The taru avatar I made comes from the fact that tarus are more square then other races so it looks better then a a tall slender avatar.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-10-18 14:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Chiaia is sexy female irl. Confirmed.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-10-18 15:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very much a male irl
 Bahamut.Kludge
By Bahamut.Kludge 2020-10-18 17:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What are the reasons to offhand a Rostam any more? DT boost? That's about the only situation I can come with any more.

Rostam gives 33 more accuracy than DD+1, 55 more than Blurred+1, it preserves the viability of your magical WSs, and it lets you gear more aggressively - accounting for 12 DT you don't need to cover elsewhere.

DD+1 is more of a higher-accuracy blurred+1 than anything, and it comes with the downside of not being a dagger. That's why it's good for the scenarios that we both highlighted, but not really that much else; i.e. when Blurred+1 is an option.

Though, boil it down to personal preference and I may be more inclined to swap to Rostam both for the acc and because my hybrid set anticipates it in the offhand.

Quote:
Magic Accuracy? I'll sacrifice the 10macc difference between it and a Tauret for extra damage any day.

If I'm going to use Blurred+1 or DD+1 then I'm prancing in Savage Blade land and M.Acc. (and magic damage) isn't really on my radar.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-18 18:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kludge said: »
Quote:

Rostam gives 33 more accuracy than DD+1, 55 more than Blurred+1, it preserves the viability of your magical WSs, and it lets you gear more aggressively - accounting for 12 DT you don't need to cover elsewhere.

DD+1 is more of a higher-accuracy blurred+1 than anything, and it comes with the downside of not being a dagger. That's why it's good for the scenarios that we both highlighted, but not really that much else; i.e. when Blurred+1 is an option.

Though, boil it down to personal preference and I may be more inclined to swap to Rostam both for the acc and because my hybrid set anticipates it in the offhand.

Quote:

If I'm going to use Blurred+1 or DD+1 then I'm prancing in Savage Blade land and M.Acc. (and magic damage) isn't really on my radar.

Offhanding a Rostam when in Savage Blade mode will add less mainhand acc than the Demersal Degen, because the raw accuracy from it and the DEX is larger than the acc on a Rostam, once the "dagger skill" becomes moot. Of course it has value for the actual swings of the offhand weapon in any scenario, but again that's where I'd fall back on the OAT feature for Demersal.

Demersal also ends up with +45magic accuracy, a loss of a mere +5 macc if "preserving the viability of your magical WSs" is a concern. Again, with faster TP gain than an offhanded Rostam. Kustawi+1 ends up with a respectable chunk of magic accuracy, but if you're shooting and using magical WSs I don't see why not to go for Tauret. If you need the extra magic accuracy skill from a Rostam compared to those three choices along with the raw macc, well then maybe its more than just your gear, its your target or buff/debuff array.

I just don't see it worth the loss in TP gain or magical damage buffs available in really any situation any more.
 Bahamut.Kludge
By Bahamut.Kludge 2020-10-18 21:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I get it.

It's a choice between either 1278/1305 (Rost) Main/Sub Acc. or 1280/1272 (DD+1) in my hybrid set.

I like the former more because it rounds off my DT cleanly. That's me.

Practically, I think we both see it as a marginally more accurate Blurred+1 with a slightly lower DPS and some M.Acc.
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-10-19 23:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
I'm very much a male irl

shhh.. don't burst Negan's dream!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-25 02:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Most rolls are pretty weak at lower numbers, then increase as you get higher numbers.

Rolling a “1” right from start is just pointless aside very few exemptions.

You must save snake for when you are like 4~1 numbers below 11.
 Asura.Setho
user: Setho
By Asura.Setho 2020-10-25 03:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shirak said: »
Quick question, someone said Crooked Cards only works before you roll. So cant roll, get close, then crooked cards > snake eye for best result.

Doing some quick testing, it seemed that's not the case. Using crooked after my initial roll then doubleup seemed to increase by a greater percentage than if no crooked.

What's the real answer?

Afaik it only works if activated pre rolling not on DoubleUp.
You can test it, activate Crooked, it gives you status effect icon for one minute, that dissapears as soon you do the roll, but if you already rolled and do crooked the effect wont wear on doubleup.
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Server: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2020-10-25 12:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

if you crooked , after you have already rolled you will see that crooked cards buff is still there.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-30 12:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Does rolling 11 sometime reset Snake Eye? Noticed it the other day doing Lilith and just now doing DI.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-30 12:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
Does rolling 11 sometime reset Snake Eye? Noticed it the other day doing Lilith and just now doing DI.

Did it reset with the 11, or did you get a "free" use? With the Relic Legs, its possible to get an immediate reset of the timer with Snake Eye use (ie, a free use).
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-30 12:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That might be it then, I totally forgot about Relic legs.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2020-10-30 19:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Was cleaning up moghouse, has anyone found a use for regal gloves with post mali gear? Remember some hype with them when they were new but didnt have good hybrid options to use them with?
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-11-16 06:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

At what point does Herc Augs overtake Carmine gloves? Are we talking DM levels only?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-11-16 07:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Use the MWS Calculator in the guide for the exact answer... but the quick answer is, for most people, sticking w/ Carmine makes the most sense.

Non-DM requires off-path AGI roll to beat Carmine. And DM rolls would be better spent in other pieces, IMO.
By SimonSes 2020-11-16 08:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carmine has no macc at all tho. So even break even or slightly less raw damage herculean gloves, but with good macc roll can be interesting upgrade overall, especially if you have inventory problems and dont have room to carry both Carmine and macc gloves.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-16 08:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Carmine has no macc at all tho. So even break even or slightly less raw damage herculean gloves, but with good macc roll can be interesting upgrade overall, especially if you have inventory problems and dont have room to carry both Carmine and macc gloves.

Even with certain pieces missing MACC most CORs are going to be sitting at 300+ macc in gear alone which should be more than enough to rarely get resisted. I can only really think of one time that i got resisted. I do have a pair of Herc gloves with MACC+33, MAB+33 and WSD+2% just in case i do need it.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-16 08:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
I do have a pair of Herc gloves with MACC+33, MAB+33 and WSD+2% just in case i do need it.
Do you have a lot of WSdmg in other slots? I'm a little surprised that's not beating the MAB+42 from carmine+1.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-16 09:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
I do have a pair of Herc gloves with MACC+33, MAB+33 and WSD+2% just in case i do need it.
Do you have a lot of WSdmg in other slots? I'm a little surprised that's not beating the MAB+42 from carmine+1.

Only the usual thats in the BiS set so cape, feet, DP and rank 8 WSD. Dont have WSD on my herc legs but ive got MACC+20 and MAB+46 on a pair.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-16 09:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Death Penalty
Ah. That's probably it. The hidden WSdmg effect is probably what is doing it. (though those aren't additive iirc)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-16 10:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

DP's 30% is a separate term from regular WSDMG and so is the augment which is also a separate term from DP's 30%. So if your MAB is already winning against regular WSDMG gear. Then it won't change just because of DP nor augment on it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-11-16 14:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

1% WSD is usually worth 3-4 mab. So its nothing surprising 2%WSD wont beat 9mab. Also Carmine has 4 more AGI, which is worth another ~4mab. For RAW damage you need something like 35mab and 4-5%WSD to beat Carmine by a small margin. 35mab and 3%WSD is about break even.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-16 14:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anything changed in terms of TP sets or is the OP sets still current? Ive been using r15 Blistering and Zoar for this months ambuscade and been having a blast with the high crit rate.
By SimonSes 2020-11-16 15:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage added to white damage from higher crit rate will almost never be better (Amnesia or some unique mechanics might be exceptions), than higher TP generation you sacrifice for it. Cor doesnt have enough melee crit damage, doesnt have melee Empy AM3 (path A Rostam is not enough) or any other white damage multiplier like triple/double attack damage that THF and WAR have and has too high WS damage for that approach.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-16 15:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah thats what i thought, outside of like niche uses like this months Ambuscade, was just making sure as i havent played in months.
 Asura.Berghman
user: burgerman
By Asura.Berghman 2020-11-18 20:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So uh... I'm using your lua for this... but I can't seem to find the utsusemi-portion where I can change the keybind for it.

I'm a total lua noob so I've got no idea what I'm doing.
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 121 122 123