Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 121 122 123
By Haorhu8 2020-04-03 14:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry shitty english :)
By Homsar 2020-04-11 15:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting close to having BIS for all slots for Leaden and am noticing OP set has Path A Rostam. Does the double damage proc occur on WS or is it just for the Store TP?
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-04-11 16:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The double damage does not proc on WSs and has nothing to do with path A consideration, Store TP is amazing for salute damage.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-04-11 16:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Homsar said: »
I'm getting close to having BIS for all slots for Leaden and am noticing OP set has Path A Rostam. Does the double damage proc occur on WS or is it just for the Store TP?

Its just for the STP when shooting. If you read the bit above the sets it does say if you are meleeing you should be using Rostam B and Blurred Knife+1
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-04-11 16:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Haorhu8 said: »
I notice that Armageddon (According to my equipment) for leadean salute smashes widely fomalhaut, do you think that the order of the best gun for LS would be rather DP-Arma-Foma?

I'm at rank 11 augmented arma and i dont have any WSD for herc Gears*

Arma IIRC is better over 2300 TP, the thing about foma is the TP bonus as that’s extremely powerful for salute.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-04-11 16:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »

Its just for the STP when shooting. If you read the bit above the sets it does say if you are meleeing you should be using Rostam B and Blurred Knife+1

I may also be mistaken as I haven’t read every thing out there but, it is my understanding ATM that path A rostam is better even when melee.

Edit: that may be a more of they are so close don’t bother making a path B.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-04-11 16:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Odin.Creaucent said: »

I may also be mistaken as I haven’t read every thing out there but, it is my understanding ATM that path A rostam is better even when melee.

Edit: that may be a more of they are so close don’t bother making a path B.

Just going off the blurb which is...

"The following sets assume that you're ranged TP'ing. If meleeing for TP, then main and sub will favor Rostam/Lanun Path B and or Blurred Knife +1."
By SimonSes 2020-04-11 17:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Path B and Path A are super close to each other in max melee tp set, but when you switch to Malignance (I should say hybrid tp set probably, but lets face it, Malignance is way ahead for hybrid set, than anything else that COR can wear and it's not like it's gated behind some hard group content, so just get it if you are serious about COR XD), Path B is getting ahead.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2020-04-11 19:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain how Oshosi mask +1 triple shot dmg increase works? It's not 13% dmg increase is it? Or is it like +13 weapon DMG?
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-04-11 22:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said: »
Can someone explain how Oshosi mask +1 triple shot dmg increase works? It's not 13% dmg increase is it? Or is it like +13 weapon DMG?

It should be a +% damage, like ajjub bow.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2020-04-11 23:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a lot stronger than I thought.
By SimonSes 2020-04-12 02:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Its 13% but only for 2nd and 3rd hit in triple shot and i have no idea how it works with quad shot proc with relic gloves +3.
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-12 14:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For Cor Melee off-hand, why does is it recommended to use Blurred Dagger +1 over Blurred Sword +1? Both have the same ACC, and OAT, but the sword does more damage. So I don't get it. :x
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-04-12 14:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

1) COR has B+ rating in daggers vs B- in swords,
2) Dagger has lower delay.
[+]
By Afania 2020-04-12 15:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
For Cor Melee off-hand, why does is it recommended to use Blurred Dagger +1 over Blurred Sword +1? Both have the same ACC, and OAT, but the sword does more damage. So I don't get it. :x

Generally you should aim for lower delay for offhand weapons. Unless it has some amazing stat.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kludge
Server: Bahamut
user: Cobit
By Bahamut.Kludge 2020-04-12 15:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping all else equal, the lower delay provides a few mathy advantages that increase your weapon skill frequency.
[+]
By Galkapryme 2020-04-12 21:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious as to why Gunslinger's Cape is not included in the Phantom Roll set. One of the augments (at least on mine) is Phantom Roll ability delay -5.
 Asura.Crowned
Server: Asura
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-04-12 21:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you use the ambuscade back in your roll set, guess you could use gunslinger if you don't care about +30 seconds on your phantom roll duration.
By Galkapryme 2020-04-12 22:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear, my dumbass was so focused on the augments, I looked right past the base PRD +30. LMFAO.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2020-04-12 22:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Galkapryme said: »
I'm curious as to why Gunslinger's Cape is not included in the Phantom Roll set. One of the augments (at least on mine) is Phantom Roll ability delay -5.

Most likely it's because of the PR duration+ 30 on the Camulus Mantle. Once you stack all the duration+ gear, you can constantly have 1 roll with CC on.
By Afania 2020-04-12 22:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I only use gunslinger when I cycle through rolls. Camulus Mantle 95% of time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-04-13 10:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

COR melee is not about the white damage, it's about the frequency of WS and WS damage.

Example:
I have a total of 14 Quad attk in DM augments + W.Buffet+1 + perfect D. Tam. I rarely use a blurred+ offhand.

Pit me against other super CORs like SimonSes that do higher Leaden Salutes on a Wave3 Dyna [D] boss, and I will still out parse them by alot because I got lucky with DM Quad 3 augments. SimonSes got luckier with MAB/WSD augments. One day we both will have equal DM augments and zero inventory space!

My most used offhands:
1)Tauret for the extra macc, mattk, attk
2)Rostam for extra DT if I am pulling too much hate or it's likely that a NIN mob will explode.
3)Nusku Shield or Kustawi +1 for Last Stand melee in DL Master Trial
4)Blurred Dagger+1 for lengthy Malignance turtling (Rostam B main)
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-04-13 14:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Delay.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-13 14:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Minimuse said: »

COR melee is not about the white damage, it's about the frequency of WS and WS damage.

Example:
I have a total of 14 Quad attk in DM augments + W.Buffet+1 + perfect D. Tam. I rarely use a blurred+ offhand.

Pit me against other super CORs like SimonSes that do higher Leaden Salutes on a Wave3 Dyna [D] boss, and I will still out parse them by alot because I got lucky with DM Quad 3 augments. SimonSes got luckier with MAB/WSD augments. One day we both will have equal DM augments and zero inventory space!

My most used offhands:
1)Tauret for the extra macc, mattk, attk
2)Rostam for extra DT if I am pulling too much hate or it's likely that a NIN mob will explode.
3)Nusku Shield or Kustawi +1 for Last Stand melee in DL Master Trial
4)Blurred Dagger+1 for lengthy Malignance turtling (Rostam B main)

Cool, ty.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-13 14:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Delay.

Yeah, but more delay = more TP / hit; no?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-04-13 14:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Delay.

Yeah, but more delay = more TP / hit; no?

In terms of absolute TP/hit sure. But the low delay of daggers generally puts them gaining more TP/time due to how the function for TP gain and dual wield works.
 Bahamut.Kludge
By Bahamut.Kludge 2020-04-13 14:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try to generalize a few of the mathy bits I omitted from my previous post.
1. More attempted strikes per run to target TP means more opportunity to score multi-stikes, within a single unit of time.
2. A lower total delay per attack round means youre more likely to land closer to your Target TP after each attack round. This means that your average over/under TP is lower and translates into more weapon skills within a single unit of time This is the main reason.
3. Lower delay weapons have a lower opportunity cost per WS+X-Hit. It's easier to go from 7 to 6 hits with a dagger than from 6 to 5 hits when you off-hand a sword. Less sacrifice means you WS more often as youre able to focus on other factors.
4. Which brings us to the final point, which is that you gain more when dual-wielding oat weapons offhand when you drop from an odd to even WS+X-Hit than from and even to odd WS+X-hit build, because the former allows you to drop an attack round altogether. At a minimum, you will swing twice per attsck round. This still plays a factor.

I'm sure there's a few more; I'm happy to link you to where you can run the numbers yourself.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-04-13 15:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the reason. Any reasonable weapon combination is going to place you below 180 delay per hit when dual wielding, where the shallow region of the piecewise function favors pushing your delay down further in order to optimize TP generation.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kludge
By Bahamut.Kludge 2020-04-13 19:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Your modified delay dual-wielding 189-delay weapons with ninja sub and +11 DW, which is what you typically do in normal haste-capped situations, is 242. Your conclusion isn't wrong, but how you get there is.
 Asura.Crowned
Server: Asura
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-04-17 01:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on r15 metamorph ring vs HQ karieyh/epaminondas's ring for savage blade?
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 121 122 123