First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 121 122 123
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-12-29 12:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

huttburt<3 said: »
If you got gil for another rostam, you should have enough gil to upgrade necks from buying heroism from ah, no?

I mean path A is obviously an improvement for shooting over path B, but is there really a notable difference in melee > leaden output between the two? I mean before malignance came out it was like 1%-2% difference in ideal situations for path B wasn't it? How much has that changed?
By mhomho 2020-01-08 11:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Say I only wanted to build one gun, and considering post rank 15 augments, would empy be worthwhile as a sort of all a rounder? Could I one shot statues in dyna-d with it?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-08 11:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You can one shot statues with any gun, even Doomsday or Molybdosis

Mythic obviously makes it ridiculously easy. But any REMA gun works definitely.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2020-01-08 12:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
Say I only wanted to build one gun, and considering post rank 15 augments, would empy be worthwhile as a sort of all a rounder? Could I one shot statues in dyna-d with it?

Can one-shot stats with Fomalhaut – it's actually your second best leaden gun in dyna D (where you'll be very well buffed), you get the bullet, and you get the best Last Stand gun. So if you're only making one gun and don't care about COR that much – Fomalhaut gets my vote.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-01-08 12:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Empy gun is nice but, if you are only going to ever make one Of the MEA guns for cor the one for you is more dependent on what you do mostly with cor. If you mainly do dynamis and stuff where magic WSs rule then by far and away DP will outperform the other 2 with the amazing bullets and the very substantial QD damage boost and of course the salute bonus damage, forma will outperform when you need skillchains for say an MB setup or whatever since you can easily make radiance AND Umbra with this gun plus it’s a very powerful ranged shooting gun and IIRC outperforms mythic in certain setups, Mythic gun alone is not as powerful as mythic gun along with one of the other 2 mentioned guns because of the IMO better ammo for their respective damage types but it can do some good stuff with wildfire and last stand and white damage.

IMO if you can dedicate the time/resources for Empy gun you can also work toward one of the others to compliment it for best performance.
By tyalangan 2020-01-08 12:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Can one-shot stats with Fomalhaut – it's actually your second best leaden gun in dyna D (where you'll be very well buffed)

Fomalhaut is better than max augment Doomsday? Is it the TP bonus + higher gun/ammo damage?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-08 13:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Can one-shot stats with Fomalhaut – it's actually your second best leaden gun in dyna D (where you'll be very well buffed)

Fomalhaut is better than max augment Doomsday? Is it the TP bonus + higher gun/ammo damage?

weapon/ammo base dmg has no bearing on magical WS dmg. But, the magic damage and macc does help. Its real superstar stat is the TP bonus, and it makes up a TON. That 500 TP bonus is gonna be almost as potent as two extra shots, meaning if your set can kill a statue @1500TP+ doomsday, you'll kill it more reliably with Chrono Bullets and Fomalhaut the moment you cross that 1k TP threshold. Then you essentially will get 3 WS's per 3k TP vs 2.
By Afania 2020-01-08 13:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

You can one shot statues with a TP bonus magian gun too. Sometimes I use SB in a melee pt then I just 1 shot statues in Tp bonus guns because I don't want to change weapons.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-08 13:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

weapon/ammo base dmg has no bearing on magical WS dmg. But, the magic damage and macc does help. Its real superstar stat is the TP bonus, and it makes up a TON. That 500 TP bonus is gonna be almost as potent as two extra shots, meaning if your set can kill a statue @1500TP+ doomsday, you'll kill it more reliably with Chrono Bullets and Fomalhaut the moment you cross that 1k TP threshold. Then you essentially will get 3 WS's per 3k TP vs 2.

^^ This.

Fomalhaut has a lot going for it magically.

+155 magic damage (which isn't as beneficial as you might think because of how it works in the calculation).
+40 macc
+500 TP bonus

Doomsday can be close, but will really only win if you are saving to 3000 TP.
+17 agi (might actually be better than the magic damage on fomalhaut, AGI much more potent)
+25 matk
+7% WSD

Basically that TP bonus is just really potent.

Anywhere under 2500 TP, fomal is giving you around a 1.5 effective bonus in http://fTP.

The +7% WSD on doomsday is only giving you max 0.7 effective bonus in fTP, and that only when you are at 3000 TP. @1000 TP, it's only giving you around 0.35 effective bonus.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-08 13:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

You can one shot statues with a TP bonus magian gun too. Sometimes I use SB in a melee pt then I just 1 shot statues in Tp bonus guns because I don't want to change weapons.

I know that that works in theory, and I know that guns don't have a magic accuracy skill component to them...., but every time I've tried that I've gotten resisted a ton, and I end up switching back to Fomalhaut. Then again, my ffxi rng has always consistently rolled 1s... :D
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-01-08 13:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

I know that that works in theory, and I know that guns don't have a magic accuracy skill component to them...., but every time I've tried that I've gotten resisted a ton, and I end up switching back to Fomalhaut. Then again, my ffxi rng has always consistently rolled 1s... :D

I suppose it really depends on what main web you are using, I usually use lanun/rostam in main hands for max Macc when zapping to avoid inconvenient resists, with that said I have in the past accidentally went through half a first wave of dyna with moly on and didn’t notice, mind you I was still going right at 1k tp as that’s all I ever need with DP. It it may have been an issue on wave 2? Not sure as I always use DP in dyna.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-01-08 13:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

^^ This.

Fomalhaut has a lot going for it magically.

+155 magic damage (which isn't as beneficial as you might think because of how it works in the calculation).
+40 macc
+500 TP bonus

Doomsday can be close, but will really only win if you are saving to 3000 TP.
+17 agi (might actually be better than the magic damage on fomalhaut, AGI much more potent)
+25 matk
+7% WSD

Basically that TP bonus is just really potent.

Anywhere under 2500 TP, fomal is giving you around a 1.5 effective bonus in http://fTP.

The +7% WSD on doomsday is only giving you max 0.7 effective bonus in fTP, and that only when you are at 3000 TP. @1000 TP, it's only giving you around 0.35 effective bonus.

Doomsday can go up to 23 AGI which is what I was using when I was doing Dyna D regularly. I got a couple of resists but I'd normally one shot them with 1k tp and moonshade.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2020-01-08 14:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

When you're buffed in dynamis, MAB becomes less important. In fact, with buffs your sets will usually change to include more WSD over MAB because you should be closer to capping. The TP Bonus, MACC, and Magic Damage then become extremely important.

Doomsday is next in line behind it with proper WSD augments (and Agi / MAB), but the TP Bonus and MDMG/MACC on Fomalhaut make it much more superior overall.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2020-01-11 20:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys got a question related to Rolls duration, currently Im only getting 9:18 duration max when I roll, and according to guide

I got 5/5 winning streak and master COR, so not sure where the remaining 1:32 seconds went.

I did //gs showswaps to make sure set was being equipped and it was, did //gs showset sets.precast.CorsairRoll and still getting 9:18, unless timers plugin clock is wrong or not updated I have no idea whats going on, help me ^^

This is my current Roll set below:

main="Rostam",
sub="Nusku Shield",
range="Compensator",
head="Lanun Tricorne +3",
neck="Regal Necklace",
ear1="Etiolation Earring",
ear2="Loquacious Earring",
body="Malignance Tabard",
hands="Chasseur's Gants +1",
ring1="Defending Ring",
ring2="Luzaf's Ring",
waist="Flume Belt +1",
back=gear.COR_Magic_WSD_back,
legs="Lanun Trews +3",
feet="Lanun Bottes +3"}

Also tried this from a previous post related to timers plugins;

I had to turn Timers off in Windower then exit, delete Timers.dll, then re-enable Timers in Windower to get the new file.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-01-11 22:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, timer's doesn't support Rostam or any of the JSE COR knives atm this should hopefully be fixed soon, Acorn helped me with some code last month for this and some other newer augged stuff.

Still doesn't explain the other 30-32 seconds difference you're seeing though. I say 30-32 because depending on your comp/packets it can be off slightly.

Actually are you sure your back is really equipping because that is 30 seconds. Try putting the actual name of it and see if it bumps your timer up.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-01-11 22:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Could also be that he's not maxed out in the duration job points category.

Nvm, saw that he's master'd
By kaiju9 2020-01-12 02:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple questions about Arislan's COR lua.

1. I messed with the Luzaf toggle tonight, and it wasn't working (i have a different ring1 defined for the base CorsairRoll set). I confirmed job_precast was detecting state.Luzaf.value == true, but I think the "If not engaged, equip CorsairRoll.Gun" check in job_post_precast was overwriting it. If I copied the job_precast Luzaf check into job_post_precast, it worked, but in-game, rolls were really slow (delayed 2-3 seconds). It also worked to just remove my ring1 definition from the base CorsairRoll set, which is what I've done for now. What would be the correct fix for this? Or have I misunderstood something?

2. I also noticed my specific roll sets (i.e. Chasseur's Frac for Tactician's Roll) weren't working. After some testing, the "If not engaged, equip CorsairRoll.Gun" checks in both job_precast and job_post_precast are overwriting these (the sets equip if I comment both .Gun checks out). Any advice for fixing this one?
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2020-01-12 07:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty Chaia, changed the back's name like you suggested and that added an extra 30 secs for a total now of 9;48.

question, will I still be getting the extra time from rostam, it just wouldnt show on timers, is that correct?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-01-13 02:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
Ty Chaia, changed the back's name like you suggested and that added an extra 30 secs for a total now of 9;48.

question, will I still be getting the extra time from rostam, it just wouldnt show on timers, is that correct?
Yes, you are getting that time. Timers just doesn't know about Rostam to do anything with it.
 Asura.Lotmorning
By Asura.Lotmorning 2020-01-14 19:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just came back to game and I too am having little difficulty trying to get the max time possible without having Rostam. I have checked with //gs showswaps it it shows I am equipping the Chasseur's Gants +1 , Regal Necklace, and the Ambu JSE cape, yet I am still missing 30 seconds. According to the first page it states "+7 potency and 9:50 duration is available from just the necklace (referring to regal)." Yet I am getting only 9 min exactly (without Compensator) and 9.20 with Compensator. I have tried checking times with both recast add on (counting down how much time left on buff) and with status add on (counting up from time buff applied). Any help would be appreciated. Trying to get that 930 mark without comp and 950 with.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-01-14 19:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

shooting in the dark but if you just came back to the game, do you have capped phantom roll duration job point gifts?
 Asura.Lotmorning
By Asura.Lotmorning 2020-01-14 19:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah master Cor and 5/5 on winning streak
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2020-01-14 20:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic head?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-01-14 20:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried counting the time manually? Addons are sometimes off.
 Asura.Iamarealgirl
user: Latravant
By Asura.Iamarealgirl 2020-01-23 04:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

what is/are the best stats to use for light shot and dark shot?
MAacc? or MA? or just RAcc?
By Afania 2020-01-23 05:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Macc
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2020-01-29 03:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone test Leaden Salute during melee equipping Orpheus's Sash? BG mentioned it works on Magical Weapon Skills, don't know if it includes ranged.
Thanks in advance~
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-01-29 03:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's your best option when up close to the target. That is, unless you happen to have double dark weather going on. Then Obi still wins.
 Lakshmi.Aesyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fallyn
By Lakshmi.Aesyr 2020-01-29 04:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question - have a lot of CC Lantern's left from Abyssea era starting an Arma. I have recently come back to the game so don't really have the funds for full empyrean wep anytime soon. Is it worth trying to finish Arma, or should I concentrate on working towards a DP?

Could also level Ranger if that makes Arma worth more.

Appreciate the help, thanks!
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-29 05:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I only use Arma for wave 3 Dyna. I use DP a whole lot more.
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 121 122 123