Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 121 122 123
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-11-07 13:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

144 base skill when /rdm gives you base phalanx of 12 before skill+ gear, full taeon gives you +15 which will be your best over skill + gear in those slots. So 27. Then escha-ru'ann neck +15, augmenting earring +3,andoaa earring +5, olympus waist +5, merciful cape +5, skitkini ring +1 x2 is +16. Can get a max of 32 damage reduction if my math is right when /rdm.

Even assuming koru has max potency phalanx would be around 37 without gear that you wear, and would require you to equip phalanx + gear to go above that cap and time with his casting. Best bet is to duo with a rdm to make it smoother or forfeit the dual wield and phalanx yourself.

But math could be wrong, not at home to verify anything.
By Afania 2018-11-07 14:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
144 base skill when /rdm gives you base phalanx of 12 before skill+ gear, full taeon gives you +15 which will be your best over skill + gear in those slots. So 27. Then escha-ru'ann neck +15, augmenting earring +3,andoaa earring +5, olympus waist +5, merciful cape +5, skitkini ring +1 x2 is +16. Can get a max of 32 damage reduction if my math is right when /rdm.

Even assuming koru has max potency phalanx would be around 37 without gear that you wear, and would require you to equip phalanx + gear to go above that cap and time with his casting. Best bet is to duo with a rdm to make it smoother or forfeit the dual wield and phalanx yourself.

But math could be wrong, not at home to verify anything.

Your number is off. First of all, with 16 enhancing from merit the base is 160, not 144.

Then incanter 10, Andrea 5, Olympus 5, carmine legs hq 18, Arendsi sword 10 for total of 208...thats my set. I'm missing augmenting earring(3) ring x2 (16) and merciful(5) so the total obtainable should be 232 skill.

It's possible to get 5 phalanx from DM(not sure the highest number obtainable). I have 2 of them so that's +10 in just 2 slots.

Assuming you rep carmine with phalanx gears the total obtainable phalanx would be 214 skill +25 phalanx for total of 44 reduction.

If you only have taeon then the total reduction would be 34.

Duo lowers gil/hr because of split. And if you duobox you may as well do other gil event like vagary, delve, merc or ambu since they all beat omen farm for gil/hr. I can see duoing with thf works if th doubles drop, if not I don't see how it's worth it.

That being said, since thf/rdm can cleave too this method is probably best to do with THF anyways, lol.
By Afania 2018-11-09 22:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Has anyone try omen cleaving to farm detritus? I've been playing with it and so far this is the strat that I've used:

Cor/rdm
Buffs: CC gallant/Tact/stoneskin/phalanx
Trusts: august/KoH/Selh'teus/ygnas/yoran

AE set used:
ItemSet 341284
Rostam path B
Int+30/mdmg/wsd+10%/pdt-10% back.
DM Mab herculeans.

Missing Orpheus's Sash so kinda meh.

With CC gallant, stoneskin set and -31 dmg phalanx, I can pull entire floor on F1 and F2 even without defense food with very little risk of dying.

2nd roll would be tact so I'm always at 1000 tp or more when I finish pull.

Then I just AE > QD×2 in stp set for instant 1000 tp> AE again and mobs would die. First AE usually take them down to 20% ish, so 2nd AE could use some th gears since mob would still die with less damage. Generally takes 2 min to clear small floors.

On 3rd floor I use the same strategy to cleave 1-2 mob group at once, but I'd skip more annoying and time consuming mobs like pixie or panopt unless I'm utterly bored.

I find the fact that trust healer would pull hate from cures after first AE really slow down the cleaving process since I would have to chase after mobs, and that made gil/hr not as appealing as it should. Are there anyway to go through all 3 floors faster? I am considering something like curing in enmity+ set to pull my hate back or something. Looking at list of jobs that gives cor access to ae, there aren't many options to generate aoe enmity :(. Or maybe it's better to use frontline healer trusts instead?

Just interested to hear other people's detritus farm experience.

I made some adjustments since last run and recorded the result tonight. Still experimenting and learning it, but so far I'd say the gil/hr is decent.

1) I made a pdt set with a bit more regen for longer pulls:
ItemSet 362824

Back has regen+ augments.

2) using TH4 in 2nd AE really makes drastic difference. I no longer have to suffer the pain to get TH up, and with TH drop went from 5 per run to 7-10 per run without killing pixies. Should be a bit more if pixies are killed but I usually skip them.

3) I changed my trust combo to joachim/KoH/Selh'teus/ferreous/mihli. Using frontline healer really solved the issue of mobs running backline and slow down the process.

Time spent: first run 21 min, 2nd run 23 min. 44 min total.
Detrius: first run 10, 2nd run 7.

Total gil: 170,000 x 17 = 2.89m
2.89m in 44 min = 3.94m gil per hour.

Compare with other soloable gil farm method that does not involve duo box, bot nor merc, omen seems like a slightly better choice imo.

(Farm more detritus for everyone, yes please :D)

I'm not that used to pulling with spells yet, maybe once I get more used to it I can pull more aggressively and lower run time to sub 20 min.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2018-11-10 10:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

cool idea, but one issue you will have is if any reasonable amount of people start doing this that gil/hr will plummet because the sheer amount of items on ah will explode. I think this is more realistic for self farming. However if you needed cards too, this could be very nice.
By Afania 2018-11-10 10:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
cool idea, but one issue you will have is if any reasonable amount of people start doing this that gil/hr will plummet because the sheer amount of items on ah will explode. I think this is more realistic for self farming. However if you needed cards too, this could be very nice.

Abuse it while you can!

Tbh I'm not seeing detritus price plummet anytime soon. There is a limitation on KI and farming for gil is only available to those who doesnt do omen for gears/merc as group. But rema augment demand is huge.

You can make close to 4m/hr every 2 days basically, v.s delve Vagary salvage etc you can enter all day. So it's going to be hard for the price to lower anytime soon.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-10 11:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Price will go up in a couple weeks, all those people turning in 10k job points. First wave hits the last week of december.
[+]
By Afania 2018-11-10 20:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok soooo...heres thoughts to "use leaden salute in melee pt" on wave 3 volte debate many pages ago based on data gathered from someone with current BiS leaden set (r15 dp, Rostams, mab/wsd DM augments etc) using malaise in ally.

Leaden with malaise is certainly the strongest ws choice on fetters, since they have low meva. Easily over 40k each ws.

It's about the same as savage on normal volte from what I've seen, roughly 20k range with occasional 30k+. Havent seen 60k leaden like others claimed. The 60k report are likely the result of people firing it off at 3k tp with gambit/bog malaise on or something.

However leaden build has slight advantage of higher acc, tp speed via FUA mainhand, rostam dt, and gains access to cleave via AE. With 4 - 5 mobs present AE adds more dmg to the parse chart than any ws. So it's probably still worth using if the user take advantage of AE.

On volte NM it's noticeably lower if gambit/rayke/threnody arent on, some are as low as 2k while insurgency still do 26k+ easy. Its probably only worth using if you have a super brd or dedicate even more macc buff slots to accomdate it.

Another observation is that leaden dmg seems to change with NM eva...leaden hits the hardest on fetter which has lowest Eva. On THF NM, which has the highest eva, it got resisted like ***. So maybe wave 3 mob meva is equal to their physical eva or something. Although I have no proof nor I know if it's just threnody fail on these super resisted leadens.

Basically leaden dmg vary a lot on wave 3 with a lot of variables based on other members in alliance. I think it's more ideal to switch between savage/leaden/AE for max dps, with malaise that is.

Besides fetter and wave 3 NM I don't think leaden is overwhelming better than savage, just slight upgrade when entire alliance has very very good synergy and if users know when to switch to different ws when it doesn't work.

This is also assuming bis leaden set v.s bis savage set. And bis leaden set is so much more expensive with rostam/dp augment involved.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-11-10 23:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's super simple if your group is willing to go out of it's way on Regular Wave 3 bosses use Leaden if not use Savage Blade. On MB they should be tossing down Malaise anyway so use Leaden period. You're making this more complicated then it needs to be. Some groups will some won't.
IF XYZ condition is met then use Leaden else us Savage Blade
By Afania 2018-11-10 23:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
You're making this more complicated then it needs to be. Some groups will some won't.

Mostly because the variance between different mobs are huge even with buffs, so spamming one single ws then just stick with it entire run doesn't really hit the dps ceiling.

Like I said, we had buffs, and leaden dmg still dropped to 2k on certain targets.

If it's possible to hit dps ceiling spamming 1 single ws based on buffs I totally would, lol. <3 lazy playstyle but noooo it doesn't let me.

If all the mob has same meva/mdef then sure but it doesn't seem that way. Their stats are different and all over the place.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-11-10 23:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You're making this more complicated then it needs to be. Some groups will some won't.

Mostly because the variance between different mobs are huge even with buffs, so spamming one single ws then just stick with it entire run doesn't really hit the dps ceiling.

Like I said, we had buffs, and leaden dmg still dropped to 2k on certain targets.

If it's possible to hit dps ceiling spamming 1 single ws based on buffs I totally would, lol. <3 lazy playstyle but noooo it doesn't let me.

If all the mob has same meva/mdef then sure but it doesn't seem that way. Their stats are different and all over the place.
They are but they are not that much of difference imo. If your group is going out of it's way in anyway for LS to do DMG then it's either they are or are not.
By Afania 2018-11-10 23:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Then what's the reason behind leaden doing 35k on 1 volte then 2-6k repeatly on another? Same buffs entire run. Surely it can't be geo forgot their bubbles for entire duration of leader fight.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-11-10 23:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Then what's the reason behind leaden doing 35k on 1 volte then 2-6k on another? Same buffs entire run.
Personally if you're seeing 2-6k Leaden then I'd say your not getting buffed for LS like I pretty much said before. Your group might be getting lazy and missing some debufffs each NM it happens.

Edit: I run with 2 groups on my 2 main characters one I spam Savage Blade pretty much the whole run the other I spam Leaden Salute on MBs because they debuff it right.
By Afania 2018-11-10 23:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Then what's the reason behind leaden doing 35k on 1 volte then 2-6k on another? Same buffs entire run.
Personally if you're seeing 2-6k Leaden then I'd say your not getting buffed for LS like I pretty much said before. Youre group might be getting lazy and missing some debufffs each NM it happens.

That was entire fight of certain NM. I think it's just resist and the lack of threnody made resist happen.

Let's say this: no malaise/languor/focus/warlock = savage blade.
Malaise but no languor/focus/warlock: leaden on fetter, volte, megaboss, savage on leader of each group. AE if 5+ mobs pulled.
Malaise+languor/focus/warlock: leaden all things, AE all day everyday for a chance to win wave3 parse.

Should be clear enough this way.
By Afania 2018-11-10 23:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: I run with 2 groups on my 2 main characters one I spam Savage Blade pretty much the whole run the other I spam Leaden Salute on MBs because they debuff it right.

Wasn't talking about MB, mb has lowest meva of all that leaden is pretty much the best way to go no questions asked. Don't need macc buffs nor macc food ever.

I was talking about volte fodders and leaders of each group which takes way less leaden dmg that savage normally.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-11-10 23:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't talking about MB, mb has lowest meva of all that leaden is pretty much the best way to go no questions asked. Don't need macc buffs nor macc food ever.

I was talking about volte fodders and leaders of each group which takes way less leaden dmg that savage normally.
Sorry when I said Mbs I meant regular NMs(Leaders). The whole zone is NMs so I said MBs for Leaders.
By Afania 2018-11-10 23:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry when I said Mbs I meant regular NMs(Leaders). The whole zone is NMs so I said MBs for Leaders.

Besides malaise What buffs were you using? In order for leaden to work on everything not just fetter/volte I assume double cor setup for macc roll slot is the best again?
By aigulfe 2018-11-14 23:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting stuff about leaden in wave 3. My LS is still a bit away from attacking that content but the more viable leaden can be on fomors, the more likely it is that I can come COR and make a big-time impact in all phases.

As for the omen farms.. idk about gil/hr being the right metric considering you only get a finite number of tags. I guess if time is pressing then yeah. Otherwise I'd just go THF. I've swart farmed on a few jobs.. not COR because god knows I dont need cards on COR.. but i've done it on THF, on RUN, on BLM, on RNG. THF if I get less than 12 swarts im a bit bummed. 12-13 probly my avg solo (and I mean legit solo, no alts or w/e). My high is 18. Given that I cant just spam omen over and over, i'd probably just keep going THF.

But question about the setup.. saw you had a shield on for that. Would you be better off with a lanun knife (or 2nd rostam if you can afford to roll like that)? the DT gimmick per roll def works on the offhand and I feel like I want to say Qultada's roll work also.. You could get 40-48% DT solo with him as a trust right? Has this been confirmed or proven incorrect? I've never gone and taken 1000 needles or anything.. it just feels like I take less dmg. I've been tanking things like camahueto and azrael (meh, az lives maybe 15-18 secs.. i cant call that tanking) with my lanun knife and rostam dual wielded.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-11-14 23:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The shield was because /RDM, as said in the post.
By aigulfe 2018-11-14 23:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

oh yeah, sry im at work. valid excuse? no not really
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-15 00:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok soooo...heres thoughts to "use leaden salute in melee pt" on wave 3 volte debate many pages ago based on data gathered from someone with current BiS leaden set (r15 dp, Rostams, mab/wsd DM augments etc) using malaise in ally.

Leaden with malaise is certainly the strongest ws choice on fetters, since they have low meva. Easily over 40k each ws.

It's about the same as savage on normal volte from what I've seen, roughly 20k range with occasional 30k+. Havent seen 60k leaden like others claimed. The 60k report are likely the result of people firing it off at 3k tp with gambit/bog malaise on or something.

However leaden build has slight advantage of higher acc, tp speed via FUA mainhand, rostam dt, and gains access to cleave via AE. With 4 - 5 mobs present AE adds more dmg to the parse chart than any ws. So it's probably still worth using if the user take advantage of AE.

On volte NM it's noticeably lower if gambit/rayke/threnody arent on, some are as low as 2k while insurgency still do 26k+ easy. Its probably only worth using if you have a super brd or dedicate even more macc buff slots to accomdate it.

Another observation is that leaden dmg seems to change with NM eva...leaden hits the hardest on fetter which has lowest Eva. On THF NM, which has the highest eva, it got resisted like ***. So maybe wave 3 mob meva is equal to their physical eva or something. Although I have no proof nor I know if it's just threnody fail on these super resisted leadens.

Basically leaden dmg vary a lot on wave 3 with a lot of variables based on other members in alliance. I think it's more ideal to switch between savage/leaden/AE for max dps, with malaise that is.

Besides fetter and wave 3 NM I don't think leaden is overwhelming better than savage, just slight upgrade when entire alliance has very very good synergy and if users know when to switch to different ws when it doesn't work.

This is also assuming bis leaden set v.s bis savage set. And bis leaden set is so much more expensive with rostam/dp augment involved.

If your damage is varying then you don't have enough macc. Rayke will literally double the damage. My logs from last run.
Code
22:07:27Boltist uses Leaden Salute.The Volte Vagabond takes 91650 points of damage.
22:07:35Boltist uses Leaden Salute.The Volte Vagabond takes 90700 points of damage.
22:07:45Boltist uses Leaden Salute.The Volte Vagabond takes 99999 points of damage.

We're not getting these numbers every mob because we can't Rayke every mob. Also I can only put up debuffs so fast while 6 boxing. Here's something more typical.
Code
22:23:09Boltist uses Leaden Salute.The Volte Incanter takes 17973 points of damage.
22:23:17Boltist uses Leaden Salute.The Volte Incanter takes 1714 points of damage.
22:23:22Boltist uses Leaden Salute.The Volte Incanter takes 7074 points of damage.
22:23:38Boltist uses Leaden Salute.The Volte Incanter takes 86114 points of damage.
22:23:46Boltist uses Leaden Salute.The Volte Incanter takes 61355 points of damage.
22:23:53Boltist uses Leaden Salute.The Volte Incanter takes 61355 points of damage.
22:24:00Boltist uses Leaden Salute.The Volte Incanter takes 76694 points of damage.

I didn't have Threnody on for the first weaponskills and Rayke was probably not applied until later either, not totally sure. If you're not six boxing this isn't going to be as large of an issue though.
By Afania 2018-11-15 00:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I feel with just malaise leaden is not worth using on majority of NMs even with macc food+double Rostam, in melee pt its probably better to switch ws on nm imo.

On a side note been duoing dyna with cor+whm when I can't make events and cor works surprisingly well lowman in dyna, even without geo, leaden one shots wave 1 mob very easily. last run we got close to 350 cards and 350 heroism with TH4 even though I died to bad pull/bad SP trigger twice, and did quite a bit of bad pulls with green statue. After split it's still quite a bit gil gain per person.

Leaden can one shot NIN mobs so they don't blow up, smn and bst can also be dangerous if not careful.

Switch to savage in case green mobs are pulled in Sandy, so a weapon toggle is really needed. I'd say its essential to play this job even.

Keeping chaos/sam full time for green link is a good idea in Sandy too. In other zones chaos is not needed.

On mid boss trust can tank while cor ra leaden it down. On leaders leaden 3 step (leaden > AE > leaden) kills them faster than leaden spam repeatly. So always 3 step on leaders.

Dyna with 2 person also doesnt lag at all unlike 18 person dyna, lol.
By aigulfe 2018-11-16 23:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for you guys... I just picked up Orpheus's Sash and its kinda amazing. It's boosting leaden and other stuff to levels that I havent seen from my COR (or RNG or BLU etc etc) yet...

I was going to check here to see if it was BiS for hot shot or whether fotia is still king for hybrid WS like that, Jinpu, etc.

I'm assuming that it's probably amazing for stuff like DRK drains and things like that but have only messed with it on COR and BLU so far.
By Visien 2018-11-18 20:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Random lower-end question: I'm currently running Fettering/Atoyac and just hit Su2 and have access to Hepatizon weapons. Should I immediately switch Atoyac out, or only if I need the accuracy? I'm not sure at what point the higher stats of Hepatizon beat out the TP gain of Atoyac's OAT.
By aigulfe 2018-11-19 01:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can afford to offhand a blurred knife +1, go for that. You'll want a hepatizon sapara +1 for savage blade and maybe a rapier for leaden.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-11-19 08:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dyna with 2 person also doesnt lag at all unlike 18 person dyna, lol.

Do you not need 3 people minimum to get into Dynamis D? or can we actually go in with less
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-19 08:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You need three to enter, but they could warp out too.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-11-19 10:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah only asked because he said duo lmao got excited!
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-11-19 19:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Offtopic, but you just summed up my biggest grip with trust lol. Literally only use Koru to get the phalanx (and he's the only one that uses convert) but there needs to be a "I want haste 2" button to disable flurry I II and haste I.

and goes without saying disable AoE... firaga IV KoH... why...

...and marches, not preludes/ballads...

JFYI (if not for you, then anyone else), Arciela I will always cast Haste II on any job, and will overwrite other trusts' Haste I.

She doesn't cast Cures but has an AoE TP heal and regain like Selh'teus, and doesn't use any TP moves with skillchain properties.

Arciela I rules.
[+]
By Afania 2018-11-19 19:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »
Ah only asked because he said duo lmao got excited!

3rd person just warp out after pt enter.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-19 19:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Offtopic, but you just summed up my biggest grip with trust lol. Literally only use Koru to get the phalanx (and he's the only one that uses convert) but there needs to be a "I want haste 2" button to disable flurry I II and haste I.

and goes without saying disable AoE... firaga IV KoH... why...

...and marches, not preludes/ballads...

JFYI (if not for you, then anyone else), Arciela I will always cast Haste II on any job, and will overwrite other trusts' Haste I.

She doesn't cast Cures but has an AoE TP heal and regain like Selh'teus, and doesn't use any TP moves with skillchain properties.

Arciela I rules.

meh, we've been over this a bunch of times, Arci has AoE and won't cast refresh on trust whm, and no, ygnas is not a good option to counter the nonrefreshing because he aoes too.

If aoes are ok for you (whoever) then that's great.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 121 122 123