Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 121 122 123
 Asura.Aquatiq
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-08-09 17:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't know the math behind trading TP gain for WS dmg but it doesn't sound very appealing unless you are doing a fight with pre-planned SCs where you're holding TP anyway. for spam, the extra TP has gotta come out ahead of most stat options
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-11 15:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So here's the corsair empyrean +2 consolidated into one post. I bolded the snippet on the body to emphasize a correction. The official text states 13% triple attack, but that's clearly a localization error. There's no way they didn't mean to put triple shot here. The text on the body is bound to be patched in a future update to correlate with this.

Quote:
Chasseur's Tricorne +2
DEF:120 HP+54 STR+26 DEX+28 VIT+18 AGI+35 INT+22 MND+22 CHR+17 Accuracy+51 Ranged Accuracy+51 Ranged Attack+51 Magic Accuracy+51 Evasion+87 Magic Evasion+99 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+8% "Rapid Shot"+16 Damage taken -9% Enhances "Blitzer's Roll" effect Set: Augments "Quick Draw"

Chasseur's Frac +2
DEF:151 HP+77 MP+79 STR+35 DEX+38 VIT+28 AGI+44 INT+29 MND+29 CHR+24 Accuracy+54 Ranged Accuracy+54 Ranged Attack+64 Magic Accuracy+54 Evasion+92 Magic Evasion+109 "Magic Def. Bonus"+9 Haste+4% "Triple Shot"+13% Enhances "Tactician's Roll" effect Damage taken -12% Set: Augments "Quick Draw"

Chasseur's Gants +2
DEF:110 HP+42 STR+23 DEX+44 VIT+33 AGI+21 INT+18 MND+39 CHR+21 Acc.+52 Rng. Acc.+52 Rng. Atk.+52 Mag. Acc.+52 Eva.+67 Mag. Eva.+83 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 "Phantom Roll" effect duration +55 Enhances "Allies' Roll" effect Haste+5% Critical hit rate +7% Weapon skill damage +8% Set: Augments "Quick Draw"

Chasseur's Culottes +2
DEF:133 HP+65 MP+58 STR+40 DEX+15 VIT+22 AGI+38 INT+38 MND+26 CHR+15 Accuracy+53 Ranged Accuracy+53 Ranged Attack+53 Magic Accuracy+53 Evasion+81 Magic Evasion+115 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+6% "Snapshot"+8 Enhances "Caster's Roll" effect "Store TP"+11 Damage taken -11% Set: Augments "Quick Draw"

Chasseur's Bottes +2
DEF:89 HP+31 STR+24 DEX+33 VIT+14 AGI+51 MND+21 CHR+33 Accuracy+50 Ranged Accuracy+50 Ranged Attack+50 Magic Accuracy+50 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+45 Evasion+114 Magic Evasion+115 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+4% "Quick Draw"+28 Enhances "Courser's Roll" effect Set: Augments "Quick Draw"

Chasseur's Earring +2
Enmity- 7/8/9, Recycle 10/11/12

So there's some really good stuff here. I'm certain the hat is going to go into a preshot set somewhere. Rapid shot + 16 is huge. I haven't had a chance to figure out how to optimize that into a build but I'm certain it goes somewhere in one or more of the flurry tiers. Likewise the body is strictly better than ososhi +1 for triple shot windows so we just slot it in there and use it.

Gloves are already used for phantom roll duration so we get an extra 5 seconds over the +1. Nothing extra special there but it's still something we can never get enough of. Weaponskill damage +8 on the hands feels like a waste. R25 Nyame is still better. The crit rate makes it usable in an evisceration or ranged crit set. It's better than mummu wrist's +2 for proccing arrebati if nothing else. Nothing super special but definitely worth picking up.

Legs are better than malignance. That's awesome. They just go into your melee tp set and you're happy. Damn good upgrade there.

Feet are far more situational, but still really good. They just go into quick draw. But that's still relevant because we already use the +1 for that purpose. You want to squeeze every last ounce of damage out of that level 4 darkness skillchain when you fight Ongo. 28% more damage on stone VI is more than 25%, so again.... reeeeally solid pickup.

Earring looks like hot poop. It's the only piece out of the set that doesn't interest me. If we had some way of taking advantage of recycle like ranger does with their relic cap then I would argue otherwise, but with REMA ammo pouches we have unlimited ammo so recycle doesn't mean anything to me when I can just unpack more bullets whenever I start running low. And the enmity is something a ranger would want more than a corsair. Whenever we're doing a shooting strategy the ranger is the one who'se gonna pull hate, not us (again, arrebati mainly).

All in all I'm very happy with the corsair set. I think it's the only set I've looked at so far that I actually want all 5 of the armor pieces. I hope sortie is a good source of exemplar points as well. Because the update notes say you have to spend time on the job you want to upgrade pieces for when you're in the zone, and it looks like I'm gonna be spending a fair bit of time on corsair because I'm building everything. Knocking out two birds with one stone would be a welcome bonus.
[+]
 Asura.Mcdoogle
user: Montigo
By Asura.Mcdoogle 2022-08-11 15:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Legs are 35 MEVA lower than Malignance and 3% less haste, they won't just replace Malignance.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-11 15:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh, good catch. I didn't notice that. And malignance has exactly 26% haste when you 5/5 the full set, so it's exactly hitting the cutoff. I typically offhand geti's knife when I melee though, which is 2% extra haste, so that comes to a total of 25% haste if you go 4/5 malignance with gleti's offhand and the empyrean legs. It's something to think about. Not as autoinclude as I first thought. Still looks really good though. I'm pretty sure I want it for stuff where the Meva is less relevant. I'd use them for seg farms (and most likely sortie trash farming) if nothing else.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-11 15:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I'm certain the hat is going to go into a preshot set somewhere. Rapid shot + 16 is huge. I haven't had a chance to figure out how to optimize that into a build

These are the sets my optimizing program output for 60/45/30 Snapshot requirement, it's in lexicographical order so only the first one got printed out if a set has multiple ways to reach the maximum Rapid Shot value.
Code
{'Name': 'Chass. Tricorne +2', 'Slot': 'Head', 'Snapshot': 0, 'RapidShot': 16}
{'Name': 'Oshosi Vest +1', 'Slot': 'Body', 'Snapshot': 14, 'RapidShot': 0}
{'Name': 'Carmine Fin. Ga. +1', 'Slot': 'Hands', 'Snapshot': 8, 'RapidShot': 11}
{'Name': 'Adhemar Kecks +1', 'Slot': 'Legs', 'Snapshot': 10, 'RapidShot': 13}
{'Name': 'Meg. Jam. +2', 'Slot': 'Feet', 'Snapshot': 10, 'RapidShot': 0}
{'Name': 'Comm. Charm +2', 'Slot': 'Neck', 'Snapshot': 4, 'RapidShot': 0}
{'Name': 'Impulse Belt', 'Slot': 'Waist', 'Snapshot': 3, 'RapidShot': 0}
{'Name': 'Crepuscular Ring', 'Slot': 'Finger', 'Snapshot': 3, 'RapidShot': 0}
{'Name': 'Ambuscade Cape', 'Slot': 'Back', 'Snapshot': 10, 'RapidShot': 0}

Stat sum:

{'Name': 'Laksa. Frac +3', 'Slot': 'Body', 'Snapshot': 0, 'RapidShot': 20}
{'Name': 'Carmine Fin. Ga. +1', 'Slot': 'Hands', 'Snapshot': 8, 'RapidShot': 11}
{'Name': 'Meg. Jam. +2', 'Slot': 'Feet', 'Snapshot': 10, 'RapidShot': 0}
{'Name': 'Comm. Charm +2', 'Slot': 'Neck', 'Snapshot': 4, 'RapidShot': 0}
{'Name': 'Yemaya Belt', 'Slot': 'Waist', 'Snapshot': 0, 'RapidShot': 5}

Stat sum:

{'Name': 'Laksa. Frac +3', 'Slot': 'Body', 'Snapshot': 0, 'RapidShot': 20}
{'Name': "Pursuer's Gaiters", 'Slot': 'Feet', 'Snapshot': 0, 'RapidShot': 10}
{'Name': 'Empty', 'Slot': 'Neck', 'Snapshot': 0, 'RapidShot': 0}
{'Name': 'Yemaya Belt', 'Slot': 'Waist', 'Snapshot': 0, 'RapidShot': 5}

Stat sum:
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-11 15:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually the pre shots are the same as now. The front page of the sticky already has them listed. The upgrade is just better
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-11 15:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually the pre shots are the same as now. The front page of the sticky already has them listed. The upgrade is just better
Swapping to what I listed gets you 6 RS over the no Flurry and 11 RS over the Flurry 1 set. The Flurry 2 set is the same, though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-11 16:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooh, nice. Thanks for that Austar.
By Afania 2022-08-11 16:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh, good catch. I didn't notice that. And malignance has exactly 26% haste when you 5/5 the full set, so it's exactly hitting the cutoff. I typically offhand geti's knife when I melee though, which is 2% extra haste, so that comes to a total of 25% haste if you go 4/5 malignance with gleti's offhand and the empyrean legs. It's something to think about. Not as autoinclude as I first thought. Still looks really good though. I'm pretty sure I want it for stuff where the Meva is less relevant. I'd use them for seg farms (and most likely sortie trash farming) if nothing else.

I already posted my thoughts about legs in August version update thread but I guess it's buried by BLU QQ posts so people missed it...

This legs can be used in QD STP/wings STP set, That's about it. For DT set it's super sidegrade or even slight downgrade. I haven't find any combination of DT set that has a place for empy legs as of now.

Haste's true cap is at 26%, so 25%-26% is still an increase. On the other hand 1 STP doesn't always reduce your hit build. So it's quite a terrible trade to sacrifice 1% haste for 1 STP.

On my spreadsheet using 52 STP Sam roll, at uncapped attack(so malig pdl+ doesn't add DPS here) 5/5 malig + windbuffet+1 + gleti offhand (28% haste), I am getting 4804 DPS with malig 5/5, but only 4778 if I swap the legs to empy(25% haste)

Further more, if you are offhanding gelti not tauret, that means your mainhand is naegling. And naegling strongly favors multi-attack focused DT set if you aim for DPS more.

That means if you don't need meva and use naeg, meghanada is the better choice for the legs slot.

This 50% DT set gives me 4856 DPS in the same buff.
ItemSet 384192

I haven't check Rostam DT set nor survivability focused DT set yet, but I doubt it has a place in it too, considering Rostam DT set is 12% DT easier to cap having high DT in leg slot isn't that useful IMO.

tl;dr: I wouldn't use it if I need meva. I wouldn't use it if I need DPS. It's not "bad" but it's not really better than current options. Sidegrade confirmed!
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-11 16:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
tl;dr: I wouldn't use it if I need meva. I wouldn't use it if I need DPS. It's not "bad" but it's not really better than current options. Sidegrade confirmed!

Ahh pity. Guess we'll have to wait and see if the +3 version has that extra 1% haste I'd need to make it worthwhile. I'll keep that in mind for the future.
By Afania 2022-08-11 17:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, swap the legs to Chasseurs +2 in the above DPS DT set gave me 4935 DPS. So I guess it has a place in DPS focused set!

The Other 4 slots can't malig though. A naeg DT set full of STP but 0 MA just suck...

Edit: I need a few more days to tweak an updated DT set since I am going to bed now. I don't think malig 4/5 + empy legs is the best combo for DPS focused DT set, but other slots can be moved around.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-11 17:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooh, nice. Thanks for that Austar.
Worth pointing out the belt is impulse in the first set
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-11 18:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Swapping to what I listed gets you 6 RS over the no Flurry and 11 RS over the Flurry 1 set. The Flurry 2 set is the same, though.
Sets in OP were already outdated.
But still 2 more rapid shot in every set.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-11 18:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
But still 2 more rapid shot in ever set.
I'm aware, I brought up updates when the ring came out too. 2 more than previous best sets, but the OP wasn't updated for ring combos.
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-08-18 22:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a recent-ish Wildfire set?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-19 09:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
Anyone got a recent-ish Wildfire set?
Code
sets.precast.WS['Wildfire'] = {ammo=gear.MAbullet, head="Nyame Helm",
    body="Lanun Frac +3",
    hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
    legs="Nyame Flanchard",
    feet="Lanun Bottes +3",
    neck="Comm. Charm +2",
    waist="Skrymir Cord +1",
    ear1="Crematio Earring",
    ear2="Friomisi Earring",
    ring2="Epaminondas's Ring",ring1="Dingir Ring",
        back=gear.WSM}

Osash/Obi when distance/day/weather
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-08-19 20:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Neat, I have all that but Nyame...ok.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-08-19 20:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Replace hands with Carmine +1, legs and head with Augmented Herc AGI/Macc/Matk/wsdmg
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-08-19 21:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD or MAB path for Nyame for the above set?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-19 22:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My set is Path B but MAB path would also work
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-20 00:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
Replace hands with Carmine +1, legs and head with Augmented Herc AGI/Macc/Matk/wsdmg

what? I'd totally give up 12 matk for 10% WSD. Am I missing something?

augmented herc with AGI/Macc/Matk/wsdmg is so rare as to be mythic....
By fillerbunny9 2022-08-20 01:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »

what? I'd totally give up 12 matk for 10% WSD. Am I missing something?

augmented herc with AGI/Macc/Matk/wsdmg is so rare as to be mythic....
probably missing the part where the person asking said that they didn't have Nyame.
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-08-20 09:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My set is Path B but MAB path would also work

I was hoping this was the right answer so I could use for Savage Blade too.
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2022-08-20 10:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sortie coming out has given me reason to want to optimize my Aeolian set as much as possible.
My current set is as follows:
Using Path B Lanun Knife and Tauret offhand, with TP Bonus gun.
Are there any changes I could make to improve this at all?

I've also been noticing some weird resists in Sortie, where my Aeolians will do significantly varied numbers.
For example, sometimes my AE will hit the entire pack for 30k, others it'll hit the entire pack for 9k, other times it will hit for 15k, all on the same pack, and always the same damage for every mob within the pack.
Is this a resist issue? Or some weird system within Sortie? It seems strange that EVERY mob in the pack would resist AE for the same amount, and that the damage variance would be so significant.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-20 11:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
Sortie coming out has given me reason to want to optimize my Aeolian set as much as possible.
Relic body
Metamorph Ring +1 and Epaminondas's Ring should be better
Hauksbok Bullet
By SimonSes 2022-08-20 11:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've also been noticing some weird resists in Sortie, where my Aeolians will do significantly varied numbers.
For example, sometimes my AE will hit the entire pack for 30k, others it'll hit the entire pack for 9k, other times it will hit for 15k, all on the same pack, and always the same damage for every mob within the pack.
Is this a resist issue? Or some weird system within Sortie? It seems strange that EVERY mob in the pack would resist AE for the same amount, and that the damage variance would be so significant.

Maybe simply different tp thresholds?
Geo malaise not working from the start because geo haven't tagged mobs?
Gearswap issues?
By Afania 2022-08-20 11:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic body
Metamorph Ring +1 and Epaminondas's Ring should be better
Hauksbok Bullet

Wanted to add that Sibyl Scarf should be the best neck I think.

Karieyh Ring +1 + epa should be the best ring combo if you pick it as SOA reward. R15 Metamorph Ring +1/epa is second best though, so nothing wrong to use it.
[+]
 Asura.Sensarity
By Asura.Sensarity 2022-08-20 12:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Maybe simply different tp thresholds?
Geo malaise not working from the start because geo haven't tagged mobs?
Gearswap issues?

Using TP bonus gun + Moonshade, so TP range should be between 2250-3000, not enough to make that significant of a difference.
AE damage range varied so significantly on the same pull, I was getting a full pack for 30k, then the very next one was hitting for 9k. So Malaise issues shouldn't be affecting that.
Gearswap swapping could be an issue (especially with how laggy it is in Asura atm), but I don't know how I would remedy this. I haven't been noticing it happening with any of my other WS/sets (I've been Savaging/Leadening a lot in there too and not having such varied damage)
 Asura.Sensarity
By Asura.Sensarity 2022-08-20 12:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Wanted to add that Sibyl Scarf should be the best neck I think.

Karieyh Ring +1 + epa should be the best ring combo if you pick it as SOA reward. R15 Metamorph Ring +1/epa is second best though, so nothing wrong to use it.

Are you sure that 10 INT 10 MAB would beat 25 MDamage 7 MAB? (Sibyl vs Commodore +2)
By DaneBlood 2022-08-20 17:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Haste's true cap is at 26%,

jsut for clarification as it seems to confuse some people
Haste TRUE cap is 25% (256/1024) just gear don't give exactly what it says.
Some gear give more (but its typically less) so you don't need to be at 26% in gear in all situations to have capped gear haste
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 121 122 123