Idris And Epeolatry Afterglow?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Idris and Epeolatry Afterglow?
Idris and Epeolatry Afterglow?
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-22 01:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why did SE give Idris and Epeo the same tier option as Afterglow weapons, but not actually give us an Afterglow? I realize that "ergons" are considered Mythics, in a sense. So why don't we at least have a blue glow? Was there some reason for SE to not give us a glow effect on these weapons?
By Celther 2018-02-22 01:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm not mistaken, their story is that Ergons were never touched by the moogles (trials) and thus don't glow.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-22 05:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Celther said: »
If I'm not mistaken, their story is that Ergons were never touched by the moogles (trials) and thus don't glow.
Fact
By clearlyamule 2018-02-22 12:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Why did SE give Idris and Epeo the same tier option as Afterglow weapons, but not actually give us an Afterglow? I realize that "ergons" are considered Mythics, in a sense. So why don't we at least have a blue glow? Was there some reason for SE to not give us a glow effect on these weapons?
Because they hate us. The real question is if the reason non after glow rmea's have harder trials when you 119 them because you are making them glow how come ergons which don't gain the glow still have the harder trial? They gain the same amount of stats as the already afterglowed going to 119 so why not that trial?
By Taint 2018-02-22 13:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep should get a green glow, fits their origins and would look badass on those jobs.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-22 13:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Given how you don't have a "turn afterglow off" option I'm kinda glad Idris and Epeolatry do not glow! But that's just me.

Glow is a cool thing when it's one player out of 1000 that glows.
When everybody and their bloody mules is glowing everywhere it becomes annoying, not cool anymore.

Just my 2 cents of course.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-02-22 13:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Our dev team doesn't know how to add glow to them, so.... storyline. odin did it!
[+]
By Brynach 2018-02-22 13:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Since there wouldn't be any upgrade to the weapon, it could be as simple as the weapon moogle saying "Oh, we've been researching weapon glow effects. We have found a way to make ergon weapons glow" <moogle magic animation/cs> "Speak with Oboro, something something - kupo"

Trade your weapon to Oboro, he says give me 1000 beits (arbitrary number), wait a day, green glow. Green is a component of the RGB - Adoulin storyline is all about nature - so that seems kinda appropriate.

There is already a green glow existing in the environment, so all they would need to do is add some dialog and a quest. It all comes down to how important it is, and it isn't really a functional asset so much as it is neat thing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-22 14:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would not be surprised if this is the exact reason SE would give, verbatim, for why Ergons don't glow. "cuz lore".

Probably why Camate left the company, got tired of lying to us and dealing with their bullsh*t excuses.
By Celther 2018-02-22 14:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd hope for more of an orange-ish glow myself, seeing as both weapons are orange. green would look weird as hell.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2018-02-22 15:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has a lot of options and routes to take on this. They can add a new quest or make a grand new story line to introduce a glow effect for these weapons. Real question remains whether they care enough about this game to release something so grand anymore.

We can get creative all we want, but its their business decision/model in the end. Although it doesn't hurt to suggest it. They can make it a long term project with the skeletal staff that remains on the dev team. Keep in mind, they don't listen to NA player base as much as the JP player base due to NA's crying too much over stupid ***..

Enjoy the time you have in the game with what you have. It's better than a lot of MMO games out there at the moment..(not graphically of course)..
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-22 19:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if it is worth google-translating the request for Afterglow on ergon, see if you get any responses.
 Odin.Spoiled
Server: Odin
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2018-02-22 19:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Why can I tell what threads are "Senaki-threads" before I even open them?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-22 19:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spoiled said: »
Why can I tell what threads are "Senaki-threads" before I even open them?

I'm special like that.
(I didn't say special in a good way)
 Lakshmi.Minivict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2018-02-22 22:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Drink tequila mad yd
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [657 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-12-11 19:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
What are you talking about Senaki? My AG Epeo glows green just fine! :D
[+]
By Tarage 2019-12-11 19:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You see that part where it says 657 days? They added it since then. Now go away you blithering retard.
By Korgull 2019-12-11 20:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

He is joking....
By Sidiov 2019-12-11 20:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

/remindme 4 years
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-12-11 21:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
You see that part where it says 657 days? They added it since then. Now go away you blithering retard.
Some of these idiots take these posts too seriously. Lol. The necro bump should’ve given that away but I guess you’re too “HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE” to put two and two together. Lol. Sarcasm ftw.
By Spoiled 2019-12-11 22:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »

stick to chasing a summoner dream, this is not it chief.
 Bahamut.Soi
Server: Bahamut
user: betan00b
By Bahamut.Soi 2019-12-11 22:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not funny Neb, it’s not funny to make fun of retards.
By Draylo 2019-12-12 03:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Siren coming?
[+]