Random Politics & Religion #32

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #32
Random Politics & Religion #32
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50
By Zerowone 2018-03-27 14:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is people are writing these long responses to address the first sentence they read and not the entire post being quoted.

In Nik’s case the first word...

Am I Fone’ing right?
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-03-27 14:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
when I stepped out of line and got mouthy, dad put the belt to my ***. I hated him for it at the time but I learned that that behavior was not acceptable and you can bet your *** I didn't do it again.

all it taught me was that there were some things that were worth getting an *** whipping for....

but is that what kept you from shooting up your high school

No I knew right from wrong. I watched all the violent movies growing up in 80's, I watched looney tunes. I also knew that doing something like that was very wrong. Never even had the thought about doing something like that.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-03-27 15:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Personally I don’t think smacking your kids is a must to developing a respectful child though I also don’t think a couple shops to the bottom in a constructive way is the end of the world though either...

I also think we all have different thoughts on how to raise kids and go they should turn out so who knows if we could agree at all on anything as some people might consider my parents terrible just because They see me as a liberal lol...

See I disagree with this. Maybe it's because I'm older (early 40's) but when I stepped out of line and got mouthy, dad put the belt to my ***. I hated him for it at the time but I learned that that behavior was not acceptable and you can bet your *** I didxn't do it again.
So hitting someone is the only way to teach someone this? There’s plenty of people out there that haven’t been smacked by their parents and know there are behaviors that aren’t acceptable...

I find it hard to believe as a kid anyone did nt repeat the same mistakes twice just because he got a belt to the ***... I know stories from my dad refute that and he got way worse than I could imagine getting...
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-03-27 15:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
The problem is people are writing these long responses to address the first sentence they read and not the entire post being quoted.

Am I Fone’ing right?
Needs moar Simpsons.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-03-27 15:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I Fone’ing right?

I don't know but Nik is trapped in a Russian prison.
By fonewear 2018-03-27 15:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Get ready for the bop gun on that *** boy !

Get it *** !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2018-03-27 15:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiddy preacher not safe for work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e7WC8xKNrc
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-03-27 15:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is people

Yes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-27 16:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My wife and I have yet to spank or physically discipline either of our children. One will be 4 and the other 2, this Spring. It has been difficult. But we are of the opinion that hitting our children would be the easy way out--doing so doesn't benefit the child. It just makes a momentarily weak adult feel like they are still in control. So we choke back the urge even when the whole day has gotten onto our last nerve and our bloody children just... won't... stop... for... one... second.

Even at 3, my son is aware of guns. We won't buy toy guns for him, so he builds "shooters" out of Legos to go after bad guys. I don't own any guns and would never allow one into my house. He doesn't go to a public daycare or preschool yet. Anything he knows about armed violence/righting of wrongs he has learned from "age-appropriate" programming on YouTube/Netflix/etc. I'm not saying, "Oh no! I want to shield my children but our media babysitters are so appealing!" I'm just saying, like hinted at above, our culture is saturated by shooting bad guys that shoot at the good guys.
This isn't brand new, but it is relatively new and we are reaping what has been sown. Leave it to Beaver, The Brady Bunch and Lassie are not what American children are growing up watching anymore. We grew up with G.I. Joe and Transformers. Let's not kid ourselves about this.

That said, the belief that liberal policies somehow make it better to be as poor as possible than to even try to work isn't the full story. Current policy makes it better to be as rich as possible, because the more wealthy you are, the more corporate/1% welfare you will receive.
I'm not saying one justifies the other. They both are examples of situations that need to be scaled back. But, look at the new Tax Cut, it would take 100-1000s of poorer folks gaming the system (Trump would say, if he had any empathy behind his narcissism, they were smart to take advantage and if no one liked it to change the laws!) to equal the dollars lost to corporate/1% welfare.
We need more investments, in infrastructure, places and people. And, I think we all agree on this. Where I think most debate occurs is where to insert said dollars for maximum return on investment. Some want the money poured at the bottom of the economic ladder, thinking problems can be fixed best at the community leave, from the ground up. Like giving water to the roots of a tree. Others want to put the majority of the money at the top, and let it trickle down like rain. We see problems with both of these strategies.
I'd rather see dollars pointed to solve a specific problem. Whatever that problem is, it hardly matters. Let's say it is the roads. We want new roads. Great, invest in a training program to prepare those that need jobs most, to take care of their expenses at home while they are traveled about the country fixing what needs fixing. But all aspects would need to be covered, you can't train someone for a job elsewhere if that person is saddled by a mortgage too large to pay on a property worth too little to sell. Or only able to sustain themselves in affordable housing that isn't offered everywhere. So, whatever program was designed, it would need to help stabilize an individual's community at home while also giving some spending money/housing while they traveled to complete their work. I think this is better than giving more money to rich, as though doing so will help them to sh*t out more jobs somehow, or to the poor just for checking in once per month and confirming, yes, their situation still stinks and, yes, they still have kids.
By fonewear 2018-03-27 17:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
My wife and I have yet to spank or physically discipline either of our children. One will be 4 and the other 2, this Spring. It has been difficult. But we are of the opinion that hitting our children would be the easy way out--doing so doesn't benefit the child. It just makes a momentarily weak adult feel like they are still in control. So we choke back the urge even when the whole day has gotten onto our last nerve and our bloody children just... won't... stop... for... one... second.

Even at 3, my son is aware of guns. We won't buy toy guns for him, so he builds "shooters" out of Legos to go after bad guys. I don't own any guns and would never allow one into my house. He doesn't go to a public daycare or preschool yet. Anything he knows about armed violence/righting of wrongs he has learned from "age-appropriate" programming on YouTube/Netflix/etc. I'm not saying, "Oh no! I want to shield my children but our media babysitters are so appealing!" I'm just saying, like hinted at above, our culture is saturated by shooting bad guys that shoot at the good guys.
This isn't brand new, but it is relatively new and we are reaping what has been sown. Leave it to Beaver, The Brady Bunch and Lassie are not what American children are growing up watching anymore. We grew up with G.I. Joe and Transformers. Let's not kid ourselves about this.

That said, the belief that liberal policies somehow make it better to be as poor as possible than to even try to work isn't the full story. Current policy makes it better to be as rich as possible, because the more wealthy you are, the more corporate/1% welfare you will receive.
I'm not saying one justifies the other. They both are examples of situations that need to be scaled back. But, look at the new Tax Cut, it would take 100-1000s of poorer folks gaming the system (Trump would say, if he had any empathy behind his narcissism, they were smart to take advantage and if no one liked it to change the laws!) to equal the dollars lost to corporate/1% welfare.
We need more investments, in infrastructure, places and people. And, I think we all agree on this. Where I think most debate occurs is where to insert said dollars for maximum return on investment. Some want the money poured at the bottom of the economic ladder, thinking problems can be fixed best at the community leave, from the ground up. Like giving water to the roots of a tree. Others want to put the majority of the money at the top, and let it trickle down like rain. We see problems with both of these strategies.
I'd rather see dollars pointed to solve a specific problem. Whatever that problem is, it hardly matters. Let's say it is the roads. We want new roads. Great, invest in a training program to prepare those that need jobs most, to take care of their expenses at home while they are traveled about the country fixing what needs fixing. But all aspects would need to be covered, you can't train someone for a job elsewhere if that person is saddled by a mortgage too large to pay on a property worth too little to sell. Or only able to sustain themselves in affordable housing that isn't offered everywhere. So, whatever program was designed, it would need to help stabilize an individual's community at home while also giving some spending money/housing while they traveled to complete their work. I think this is better than giving more money to rich, as though doing so will help them to sh*t out more jobs somehow, or to the poor just for checking in once per month and confirming, yes, their situation still stinks and, yes, they still have kids.

Cool story bro. Did you publish it on Amazon ?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-03-27 18:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I don’t think smacking your kids is a must to developing a respectful child though I also don’t think a couple shops to the bottom in a constructive way is the end of the world though either...

I also think we all have different thoughts on how to raise kids and go they should turn out so who knows if we could agree at all on anything as some people might consider my parents terrible just because They see me as a liberal lol...

See I disagree with this. Maybe it's because I'm older (early 40's) but when I stepped out of line and got mouthy, dad put the belt to my ***. I hated him for it at the time but I learned that that behavior was not acceptable and you can bet your *** I didxn't do it again.
So hitting someone is the only way to teach someone this? There’s plenty of people out there that haven’t been smacked by their parents and know there are behaviors that aren’t acceptable...

I find it hard to believe as a kid anyone did nt repeat the same mistakes twice just because he got a belt to the ***... I know stories from my dad refute that and he got way worse than I could imagine getting...

AYYY put that 2PAC tape in:

C WALK

Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-27 18:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We need more investments.

Ok we'll get right on that.
By fonewear 2018-03-27 18:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We need more investments.

Ok we'll get right on that.

Welcome Back.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-28 09:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is...

That's not a problem... It's a minor annoyance at worst.

Problem-
A difficulty that has to be resolved or dealt with.
A question to be answered, schoolwork exercise.
A puzzling circumstance.

But I'm going to resolve it for you anyways. So here you go...

Buck up Buttercup.

Not everyone thinks and feels and argues the same way that you do. And there aren't any rules or laws that will protect you from the stupidity of others.

The only entity in this godforsaken ***hole of a universe you could ever even dream of having the remotest possibility to gain control over is yourself.

You and that, my friend, is no easy task...

You can ignore it just as easily as you can get all bent all out of shape about it. You can cry, laugh, sigh, quiver like a jellyfish in you freshly soiled undies...you can get so angry that you smash your computer.

But you can't now, nor will you ever be able to, control the actions of any one of the other seven and a half billion *** running around spewing nonsense.

It's pointless. And complaining about it... like it's some big problem that we all need to rally together to try to solve, was dumb. And you should feel bad for posting it.

Providing clean drinking water to those that don't have it in the third world is a problem.

Reading idiotic posts on a third party hack website for a dying fifteen year old japanese on line video game that nobody ever heard of...is completely and easily avoidable.

Nobody is forcing you to be here. It's not required reading for any class or lesson. You can just click the X over there in the upper right hand corner and be done with it.

Good Day Sir!
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-28 09:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Welcome Back.

thanks...but I'm thinking about taking my own advice and splitting again already... it's not you Foney, it's me....

I feel dumber just being in here.. And I had so few brain cells to start out with that... /picks nose

I love to laugh... and you guys make me laugh... but how long is it really before I make absolutely no sense whatsoever?...six? seven?

eight... years ago?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-03-28 10:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks to depose Donald Trump and Michael Cohen

Quote:
Washington (CNN)Stormy Daniels' attorney Michael Avenatti has filed a motion in federal court seeking to depose President Donald Trump and his lawyer Michael Cohen to ask about a $130,000 payout before the 2016 election.

In the motion filed in federal court in California, Avenatti requested to depose both Trump and Cohen, who was added this week as a defendant in the lawsuit, for "no greater than two hours."

The request also asked for "targeted requests for the production of documents directed to Mr. Trump and Mr. Cohen on various topics relating to the hush agreement."

Avenatti laid out questions he'd like answered, including whether Trump knew about the hush agreement and the scope of his involvement, where the payment came from, what Cohen's role was, and whether Trump consented to the agreement and was involved in efforts to silence Daniels "to benefit his presidential campaign by preventing voters from hearing Plaintiff speak publicly."

A hearing date is scheduled for April 30....
Remind me to stock up on popcorn.

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2018-03-28 10:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Welcome back Niky.
They wouldn't have lasted 5 minuets in '68.

Yeah and the seventies were no picnic either...

I just don't understand how these kids aren't walking around with the back of their underwear pulled up and over their freshly swirlied heads.

Aren't their any jocks any more!?
I don't expect you relics to be able to relate to the modern world and its challenges. Things are a little more complicated than a Buck Rogers and Dukes of Hazard episode now.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-28 10:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I don't expect you relics to be able to relate to the modern world and its challenges. Things are a little more complicated than a Buck Rogers and Dukes of Hazard episode now.

lol... yeah...that's what EVERY generation thinks cupcake.

things are tough all over.

[+]
By Blazed1979 2018-03-28 10:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... yeah...that's what EVERY generation thinks cupcake.

things are tough all over.

Sounds like something my mom would say.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-28 10:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

/lets that one go
By fonewear 2018-03-28 11:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome Back.

thanks...but I'm thinking about taking my own advice and splitting again already... it's not you Foney, it's me....

I feel dumber just being in here.. And I had so few brain cells to start out with that... /picks nose

I love to laugh... and you guys make me laugh... but how long is it really before I make absolutely no sense whatsoever?...six? seven?

eight... years ago?

I didn't make sense before here so I guess I have nothing to lose.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-28 12:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't make sense before here so I guess I have nothing to lose.

you're absolutely right...who am I trying to kid...

leave the money on the nightstand...
hurry it up my husband will be home in an hour...
that costs extra...
I'm working my way through nursing school...
my son is the least well endowed out of all of his friends...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-03-28 19:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ecuador stops Assange communicating from its London embassy
Yahoo news (I had no idea they still existed.)

TLDR: They cut off his interwebs.

Post deleted by User.
By Zerowone 2018-03-28 22:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Buck up Buttercup.
You and that, my friend, is no easy task...
...that’s what she said.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50