Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Burst set
Burst set
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-09 10:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Recommendations please:

I currently have very good merlinic augments or 3/5 Amalric+1 to play with on sch.

Amalric hands +1 (D)
Amalric legs +1 (A)
Amalric feet +1 (A)

Merlinic head is +15INT +34MACC +25MAB +10MBD
Merlinic Jubbah is +15INT +32MACC +25MAB
Merlinic legs are +12INT +28MACC +34MAB +10MBD

Lugh's cape is 30INT 10MAB 20MACC 20MAD

Playing around with the numbers I come up with the below sets. This is for t4+ content.

ItemSet 356009

INT = +347
MBD = +40
MACC = +230
MAB = + 328
elemental = +38 skill

ItemSet 356005

INT = +354
MBD = +30
MACC = +217
MAB = + 383
elemental = +14 skill

ItemSet 356004

INT = +373
MBD = +40
MACC = +245
MAB = +352
elemental = +14 skill

I don't think the amal legs are worth losing the 19INT/28MACC to gain 31MAB?

My goal is to figure out how to fit in Amalric HQ legs over merlinic with current augs. It's going to require 10MBD on body slot, which I only get with AF3 atm. I guess a merlinic body with +15INT +30~ MAB/MAC and +10 MBD is on the list.... ouch

Thoughts please?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-01-09 15:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming the order is Head/Body/Hands/Legs/Feet...

First things first. If weather/klimaform is active (which it almost always should be), you'll want to use Emp Feet 119. The klimaform bonus on those surpasses anything else. If it is not active, then yes, Amalric+1 are BiS, unless something new has come along.

After that, it's hard to say which is better. We'd need to see your full sets, including accessories, with Augments listed for each individual piece. Reason for that, looking at the first two sets, only the body is seeming to swap, yet, you somehow lose 10 MBD going from AF3 to Merlinic, which shouldn't be possible.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-09 16:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Assuming the order is Head/Body/Hands/Legs/Feet...

First things first. If weather/klimaform is active (which it almost always should be), you'll want to use Emp Feet 119. The klimaform bonus on those surpasses anything else. If it is not active, then yes, Amalric+1 are BiS, unless something new has come along.

After that, it's hard to say which is better. We'd need to see your full sets, including accessories, with Augments listed for each individual piece. Reason for that, looking at the first two sets, only the body is seeming to swap, yet, you somehow lose 10 MBD going from AF3 to Merlinic, which shouldn't be possible.

Thanks for advice so far. I have updated the original post with all augments and gearsets. Also, im only swapping around body and legs in the 3 sets.

I didn't know klimaform boots win for nukes even against amalric nails +1.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-01-09 17:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It blows them away
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-01-09 18:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like that's a stretch. Path A HQ nails offer 62 MAB, loafers are 15% damage.

(x + 100 + 62)/(x + 100) = 1.15

Solving for this yields a value of +314 MAB as the tipping point for when loafers become better. Kald did the math for the sets he posted. Adding in JP (MAB +36) and removing the MAB from nails yields the following values.

Set 1 - MAB +302 (15.42% marginal gain)
Set 2 - MAB +357 (13.57% marginal gain)
Set 3 - MAB +326 (14.56% marginal gain)

The marginal gain is what you get from adding nails, and we know that what you get from adding loafers is 15%. This ignores the differences in INT/MDMG between the two (which seems to be minute.)
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-10 06:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

nails are augmented with 20macc. Klimaform bonus only effects magic damage correct?
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-01-10 06:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
nails are augmented with 20macc. Klimaform bonus only effects magic damage correct?

klimaform affects magic accuracy, if weather matches spell and klimaform is up the boots give you 15%. Generally if your bursting you know what element your going to be using so you can match that with proper weather via the sch and keep up klimaform for the 15% bonus

Something like this in midcast:
Code
	if buffactive.Klimaform and spell.skill == "Elemental Magic" and spell.element == world.weather_element then
		equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,{feet="Arbatel Loafers +1"})
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-10 06:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

klimaform affects magic accuracy, if weather matches spell and klimaform is up the boots give you 15%. Generally if your bursting you know what element your going to be using so you can match that with proper weather via the sch and keep up klimaform for the 15% bonus

Something like this in midcast:
Code
	if buffactive.Klimaform and spell.skill == "Elemental Magic" and spell.element == world.weather_element then
		equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,{feet="Arbatel Loafers +1"})

Thanks Toralin. I know klimaform natively enhances macc; but the definition on BGwiki only states magic damage for the boots.

"Increases magic damage of spells cast with matching weather by +15% while Klimaform is in effect.
This occurs in a separate term from and in addition to the normal weather damage bonus."
 Fenrir.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Nitenichi 2018-01-10 07:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Don’t be wrecking skillchains with your T1’s Kal

Sincerely,

The Black Mage Department
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek