Dev Tracker - Discussion

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
329 users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 288 289 290 ... 312 313 314
 Bahamut.Negan
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
Posts: 1372
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-27 23:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Draylo said: »
Maybe they will have a constant dark aura or something, seems really basic and lame to have the same weapons but in black. Most of them are pretty ugly nowdays, Claustrum is just ugly signet staff.
IDK, Naegling gonna look great black.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eelman
Posts: 191
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-06-28 00:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Draylo said: »
Maybe they will have a constant dark aura or something, seems really basic and lame to have the same weapons but in black. Most of them are pretty ugly nowdays, Claustrum is just ugly signet staff.
IDK, Naegling gonna look great black.

If you liked Savage Blade you’re going to love Savage Blade II!
Now in the same color scheme as Nyame armor!
[+]
Offline
Posts: 370
By Lili 2022-06-28 05:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
Now in the same color scheme as Nyame armor!

Couple of days ago I decided to start calling it Nyancat gear.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1426
By Aerix 2022-06-28 06:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Aerix said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
Apex Colibri would be amazing.

A high-level Exemplar camp that favors piercing weapon jobs like THF, DNC, DRG etc.

DNC and DRG will probably have less to worry about due to Accuracy Bonus traits, but generally DDs will likely have a hard time hitting higher tier Apex Colibri due to being unable to use food. BRD would likely be necessary, so soloers wouldn't be able to use the camp.

Am I a joke to you? -Distract III

Plus Cornelia, BRD trusts, Sylvie, Artifact+3 gear sets, base Odyssey sets. Mastery Levels in general. Lots of ways to hit accuracy without food.

Only one job has access to Distract III and soloers won't have RDM on hand unless they're RDM themselves. Koru-Moru certainly won't cut it.

Cornelia is going away soon; BRD trusts are unreliable; Sylvie should ideally be using Fury instead of Precision; AF+3 for Acc means slow TP speed if you need to wear too many pieces; even augmented Odyssey sets aren't enough to reach Accuracy requirements depending on Apex level (i.e. 139+) without food or additional Acc buffs. Even ML30+ won't necessarily be enough as that mostly just makes up for the loss of Cornelia once she's gone.

Just because there are ways to meet the Acc check doesn't mean it'll be efficient. If the Colibri are 140+ you're likely better off soloing on Apex flies in CN[S] if you want the piercing bonus.

For reference, Apex Knight Lugcrawlers require 1420-1450 Accuracy for capped hit rate and they're level 138-140. And Colibri will likely be more evasive than Crawlers at equivalent levels. Apex Empty need 1542 on average around 139-142. Good luck reaching that just with gear, Trusts, and no food.
[+]
 Ramuh.Spookyfish
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
Posts: 3
By Ramuh.Spookyfish 2022-06-28 07:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Food is inexpensive compared to when we all had to exp on Colibri before, I don't know about you guys but I'll be a bird feeder for some EP.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
Posts: 1352
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-06-28 08:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Meat mithkabobs and coeurl subs are still perfectly fine to gorge yourself on if they do add apex colibris to the game. I wouldn't spend the gil on red curry buns myself though unless the group was killing with enough effeciency to not have to re-up too often. Even on the moogle they're somewhat pricey to mass feed on. And colibri are fairly low in defense anyway, they just have really high evasion. Apex colibri would probably have like an 1800 evasion threshold to hit, which is easily managable with a madrigal or two. Especially for the piercing jobs that want to fight them in the first place. Thief, dancer, dragoon, rng, etc... they all have very high native accuracy.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 2875
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-28 08:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I don't think Apex Colibri would be even close to that evasive unless they're like level 150; they're RDMs with a +20 evasion race bonus, not THFs. Level 135 ones in Odyssey don't feel unusually evasive, unlike Chigoes/THF Skeletons/Puks.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
Posts: 296
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-28 09:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Exactly, they can choose to make them excessively evasive but it's not the default. It can be a camp for higher ML solos.

All the jobs that have good piercing options all have higher accuracy options than normal.
WAR - aggressor
RDM - Distract
THF - A+ dagger, feint, conspirator, sneak/trick attack for ws
BRD - songs
RNG - could melee for tp with minimal issues much less ranged
SAM - gearing for acc AND ZANSHIN!? WITCHCRAFT!!!
DRG - If it flies it dies
COR - Rolls and shots
DNC - Literally creates TP out of thin air
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-28 09:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bring back the Fields/Grounds of Valor Prowess cumulative buff system.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 127
By Spookyfish89 2022-06-28 10:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bring back the Fields/Grounds of Valor Prowess cumulative buff system.

Modify it to provide EP, should make everyone happy.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BruHouse
Posts: 350
By Siren.Bruno 2022-06-28 10:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
oh and don't forget, the BRD can Virelai a Colibri to have it charm a MNK with Focus up from the opposing party and then a SMN can use Atomos on him to give it to everyone in your party
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1426
By Aerix 2022-06-28 12:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Exactly, they can choose to make them excessively evasive but it's not the default. It can be a camp for higher ML solos.

All the jobs that have good piercing options all have higher accuracy options than normal.
WAR - aggressor
RDM - Distract
THF - A+ dagger, feint, conspirator, sneak/trick attack for ws
BRD - songs
RNG - could melee for tp with minimal issues much less ranged
SAM - gearing for acc AND ZANSHIN!? WITCHCRAFT!!!
DRG - If it flies it dies
COR - Rolls and shots
DNC - Literally creates TP out of thin air

I think you're vastly overestimating how much base Accuracy most jobs have to work with without food or songs. Even my ML30 Rostam B COR with full Malignance and decent Acc in other slots is only around 1350 Acc before food. Going for full Acc swaps and Hunter's Roll means giving up a lot of kill speed in terms of TP gear or Samurai Roll, assuming one roll is locked to Corsair's Roll. And COR doesn't have to worry about TP Bonus offhands.

For a party those camps would absolutely be great, but my entire argument was that most jobs would have trouble soloing higher tier Apex mobs that take your food with nothing but Trusts. It's simply less efficient than going for lower tier Apex and/or cleaving. Assuming, of course, we're actually getting Apex Colibri that are 140ish.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-28 13:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Spookyfish89 said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bring back the Fields/Grounds of Valor Prowess cumulative buff system.

Modify it to provide EP, should make everyone happy.

Upvote my thread from 3 months ago, already detailed it

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59309-Add-Grounds-of-Valor-to-all-Dungeons-with-Apex-monsters-Increase-Prowess-values?p=643001#post643001
[+]
Offline
Posts: 127
By Spookyfish89 2022-06-28 14:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Upvote my thread from 3 months ago, already detailed it

Will do when I'm off work. Voidstorms suggestion after it was *** lol

I don't frequent official forums much, don't even know if I have an account registered.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
Posts: 296
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-28 16:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Aerix said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Exactly, they can choose to make them excessively evasive but it's not the default. It can be a camp for higher ML solos.

All the jobs that have good piercing options all have higher accuracy options than normal.
WAR - aggressor
RDM - Distract
THF - A+ dagger, feint, conspirator, sneak/trick attack for ws
BRD - songs
RNG - could melee for tp with minimal issues much less ranged
SAM - gearing for acc AND ZANSHIN!? WITCHCRAFT!!!
DRG - If it flies it dies
COR - Rolls and shots
DNC - Literally creates TP out of thin air

I think you're vastly overestimating how much base Accuracy most jobs have to work with without food or songs. Even my ML30 Rostam B COR with full Malignance and decent Acc in other slots is only around 1350 Acc before food. Going for full Acc swaps and Hunter's Roll means giving up a lot of kill speed in terms of TP gear or Samurai Roll, assuming one roll is locked to Corsair's Roll. And COR doesn't have to worry about TP Bonus offhands.

For a party those camps would absolutely be great, but my entire argument was that most jobs would have trouble soloing higher tier Apex mobs that take your food with nothing but Trusts. It's simply less efficient than going for lower tier Apex and/or cleaving. Assuming, of course, we're actually getting Apex Colibri that are 140ish.

You are an expert at assumptions in hypotheticals. Congratulations, you've won the internet!
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1426
By Aerix 2022-06-28 16:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
You are an expert at assumptions in hypotheticals. Congratulations, you've won the internet!

Congratulations on missing the point.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
Posts: 160
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-06-28 16:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So we are debating how best to kill hypothetical Apex Calibri when we don't know for sure we are even getting them let alone what their level or stats are.

I guess at least it distracts from no mention of empy +2.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-28 16:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
So we are debating how best to kill hypothetical Apex Calibri when we don't know for sure we are even getting them let alone what their level or stats are.

I guess at least it distracts from no mention of empy +2.

Content so dry, new endgame is debating content that hasn't even been announced or hinted at. Every single ambiguous/unexplained picture/Dev comment from SE is an opportunity to debate into perpetuity the hypothetical possibilities of something that may (likely never) come to fruition.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
Posts: 296
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-28 20:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
So we are debating how best to kill hypothetical Apex Calibri when we don't know for sure we are even getting them let alone what their level or stats are.

I guess at least it distracts from no mention of empy +2.

Content so dry, new endgame is debating content that hasn't even been announced or hinted at. Every single ambiguous/unexplained picture/Dev comment from SE is an opportunity to debate into perpetuity the hypothetical possibilities of something that may (likely never) come to fruition.

Exp campaign again next month + DMs for fishing for phalanx sets? I've still got a couple jobs that could be mastered that I might ever play.

I just did my segments. Being behind is pretty great.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
Posts: 1270
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-07-01 19:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
[61st Freshly Picked Vana'diel] Broadcast date decided!

This time
⚔ Update of "Ambuscade"
⚙️ Introduction of new equipment enhancement
? We will deliver the July and August version upgrade information such as the introduction of "equipment update contents" for returnees / beginners.

?️ From around 20:00 on Wednesday, July 6
? https://sqex.to/mBeHr #FF11 #mogivana


This sounds to me like a new line of equipment for returnees/beginners that can have RP on it. I would think they would specifically mention "Empyrean" if it referred to that...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-01 19:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Oh yeah baby augment that 117 spark gear
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
Posts: 1270
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-07-01 20:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The post on the video placeholder also says "and new battle contents scheduled to be implemented in the future."
[+]
Offline
Posts: 107
By Manque 2022-07-01 21:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fujito and Matsui did an hour long interview in Japanese. Haven’t watched the whole thing yet but seems like it’s mainly about the history of development. Will update with any juicy mithkabobs.

https://youtu.be/zFqNtMJCVwY
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
Posts: 1477
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-07-02 12:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
10 bucks on ambu +3 gear.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 186
By Weeew 2022-07-02 14:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Naegling R15 incoming..
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Offline
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
Posts: 17788
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-02 15:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'd be down for some +3 Flamma and Jhakri
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1453
By Nariont 2022-07-02 16:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
whole new set of gear using the assault armor this time since we havent remade those yet (i think?)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-02 16:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
A large difference between a new set, and update existing set

But ultimately meaningless. It could be either/or. It could be both. What's "gear for returnees" to them.

Pointless either way, we don't need more shitty 119 added/altered under the guise of for starters. Essentially zero need.

You get DI 119 for doing literally nothing, you get sparks 117 for doing basically nothing, you get 119 bayld gear for doing essentially nothing, you get 119 ambuscade gear for very little effort. How many more damn starter items do they need to make.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tenkey
Posts: 84
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-07-02 16:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
ilvl perle/aurore/teal as precursor to empyrean reforged please look forward to it
[+]
Offline
Posts: 94
By IGDC 2022-07-02 16:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I agree, there is PLENTY of starter sets readily available to newer/returning players. We don't need any new gear at all really; we need new content to use existing gear on. Adding more sets doesn't do a goddamn thing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 288 289 290 ... 312 313 314