New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 162 163 164 ... 423 424 425
By SimonSes 2020-10-21 06:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Is there some addon people use with Nyzul Isle U to make it less terrible? I can't face doing it more than a handful of times.

It's obnoxious content, I groan every time I get order lamps. I know how to do it but it's just so tedious without a map.

Number of lamps should scale with number of people who entered.. seriously. Lamp Order is a reason I go out at 4min remaining, instead of going next floor if I farm Tokens. Plenty of times when I was risking going up with less than 4 minutes, I got 5 lamps order on some hilariously big map and couldnt finish it in time and got 0 points...
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-21 06:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Felgarr said: »
E could cherry-pick 10 assaults, make them I-Level 130-160 and give you rewards based on your completion time and/or content-level.

I will delete my account the day something like Building Bridges becomes current content.

That assault is one of the best out there. Bolter's roll and you are done in 5 minutes.

Something like Orichalcum Survey would be make me quit tho XD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Essylt
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-10-21 07:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
That assault is one of the best out there. Bolter's roll and you are done in 5 minutes.
Sorry, but no. Playing metal gear with garbage camera and controls is not something I want to do in an MMO.
By SimonSes 2020-10-21 07:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Sorry, but no. Playing metal gear with garbage camera and controls is not something I want to do in an MMO.

Actually for Vanilla players I can see that being a pain. If you have a mini map tho..
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-10-21 07:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Of all the assaults to hate with a burning passion, that is not one I would expect, it isn’t bad at all. Now Lost and Found...

But yeah, I found Nyzul and Assaults fun for the most part, I wouldn’t mind seeing stuff like that again.
By SimonSes 2020-10-21 07:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
Now Lost and Found...

Lost and found is actually easy if you know what to do, but it takes time to finish. Orichalcum Survey is the worst of them all. I once needed to repeat it 3 times to finally mine that shitty ore. Its totally luck based and boring af.
By Nariont 2020-10-21 10:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
trait which copies active Enhancing/Song/Roll effects to Pets, Automatons and Avatars.
You just need to let the baseline songs/rolls/bubbles(acc/atk/eva/def and such/haste/maybe STP) apply to pets, maybe turn puppet roll into some kind of defensive buff since crit dmg wont likely add much to pets as they are right now.

Oh and leave comps roll alone, that things great as is, dont think attribute bonus unless it was huge would be worth it
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-21 10:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
trait which copies active Enhancing/Song/Roll effects to Pets, Automatons and Avatars.
You just need to let the baseline songs/rolls/bubbles(acc/atk/eva/def and such/haste/maybe STP) apply to pets, maybe turn puppet roll into some kind of defensive buff since crit dmg wont likely add much to pets as they are right now.

Oh and leave comps roll alone, that things great as is, dont think attribute bonus unless it was huge would be worth it

I think Rua meant to change pet rolls to tp bonus/crit damage/ability haste etc. rolls for everyone, not only pets.

Like I said, after those changes to rolls and pets would be totally exploitable. Imagine automaton with Samurai/fighter/newTPbonus/newJobAbilityHaste rolls, honor/minuet/etude/paeon fury/frailty phalanx, regen V, haste2, auspice and several more. You could probably switch like turbo chargers to something like resisters and you would be unkillable pretty much, while doing tons of damage. That doll would solo kill almost anything.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-21 10:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So they'd be a MNK? Ayyyyyyyyyy

Jokes aside, I agree. Tincans would probably be very OP if they got rolls and songs at full potency.

BST pets, would probably just be decent.
By Nariont 2020-10-21 11:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

right. In general i think pets getting all of the offensive buffs is probably fine, but past things like def/mdef/meva/protect/shell is too much, most pets are plenty sturdy as it is, even avatars can be though their small HP pool limits that somewhat, making them any better and they're basically invincible short of things like doom/death. They just need to benefit from regular buffs so they can attempt to fill in that missing DPS from master lacking any real offensive abilities/traits, i say attempt cause i dont know if theyll ever be able to strike that balance, but its a good effort.

They also need to release some kind of med or ability for non-pup for status removal, primarily for bst since avatars are somewhat expendable depending on how much value favor is adding
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-21 11:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally just give every pet job an Empathy version for their respective heal moves: Spirit Link (has it), Reward , Repair. Then you dont have to worry about buffing either the pet or the master since you can copy it to your pet.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-21 11:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As a person who doesn't enjoy nor play pet jobs....I'm sorry but y'all always complaining about things make me think you want YOURSELF to be as strong/sturdy/valuable as a non-pet job...AND get a pet on top of that. You're not supposed to be- the two of you together are to equate to a single non-pet job.

If PUPs were as strong as MNKs with an auto, or BSTs a WAR with a pet, who the hell would play MNK or WAR?
[+]
By Torzak 2020-10-21 11:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

With SMN as an example, the pet can die, be repopped, and still maintain the few applicable Buffs that the Master has with no extra effort from anyone else to get those buffs back up. This is something that needs to be at least considered when looking at how to buff the job. Any other front line dies and they are suffering through a weakness debuff and a requirement of a rebuff.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-21 11:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
You're not supposed to be- the two of you together are to equate to a single non-pet job.

If PUPs were as strong as MNKs with an auto, or BSTs a WAR with a pet, who the hell would play MNK or WAR?

That's the point: the two together (master and pet) don't even come anywhere near a single DD in terms of damage. For PUP and BST, the pets can die, and are susceptible to enfeebles, so time has to be taken away from button-mashing dps to keep your pets alive. Its funny you say if PUPs were as strong as MNK with an auto nobody would play MNK< but that's literally the exact same justification for why people choose not to play the "weaker" dps jobs like THF, NIN, BST, PUP. Who the hell would pick a BST when they can steamroll everything on MNK?

The thing that is being ignored is that all jobs benefit greatly from buffs, but when buffs are not present, other jobs are clearly ahead. Which is how it should be, because their native makeup gives them the advantage they should have. But when all the buffs are present and your master+pet combination doesn't even come close to a single DD...lol
By Nariont 2020-10-21 12:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, the sweet spot here is to have the pet be able to fill in the missing DPS that comes with bst/pup being poor DPS on their own, as is once both masters get the standard buff array the pets become little more than dead weight and even with these buffs a master isnt keeping up with a proper DD, not even going into ailments since thats a whole other issue that varies from content to content.

Which i still dont see them able to properly balance due to SE's heavy swing on the WS side ages ago+all the gear creep onwards from that, same reason i dont ever see phys blue magic ever being useful from a dmg front and only being good for a possible sc gap/utility option
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-10-21 12:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »

Again, the sweet spot here is to have the pet be able to fill in the missing DPS that comes with bst/pup being poor DPS on their own, as is once both masters get the standard buff array the pets become little more than dead weight and even with these buffs a master isnt keeping up with a proper DD, not even going into ailments since thats a whole other issue that varies from content to content.

I don't think this is possible unless SE allows pets to get the same buffs as masters. The whole reason why they didn't do it in the 1st place is probably due to balancing issue or technical issues.

Let's supposed you can buff the pets to max power like the DD. Then why would you risk having a tank, DD and healer in the party? You can simply get 4 pet jobs and 2 buffers to destroy everything! Pets make too awesome as tanks but now they can deal fabulous damage?

They will have to go through the whole rebalance the pets to make them weaker than tanks and nerf pet healing.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-21 13:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You would first need to ask question if PUP with pet suppose to be DD on par with MNK. I can kinda make this case extreme and ask why is WHM not as good DD as MNK?? The answer is kinda natural, because its a support job that has many other benefits beside dps. For PUP the answer is less obvious, but ultimately imo kinda the same. PUP is also not a pure DD job and has other advantages. You can argue if those advantages are as important as MNK dominance in DPS and survivability as DD job? Probably not, but that still doesnt make PUP a raw DD job like MNK. Instead of buffing dps of master+pet, maybe they should make PUP unique advantages more relevant. Improve nuking scripts for blm automaton. Improve automaton tank keeping hate. There is really plenty of options if you think about it.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-21 13:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe they should make PUP unique advantages more relevant.
This x 10.000, right on spot!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-21 13:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think BLU is not in a bad position, but could use something about the BLU spells and some specific JSE SU5 gear with BLU specific augs (like increasing duration of spells etc).
No new BLU spells please, we have way too many already
Too many spells would need adjustments, it's not gonna happen, but they could at least do something about Unbridled Learning ones. Would love more cool options to use when JA or SP2 are up.
What they should really really do is double the base duration of all those spells with shitty base duration. Nature's Meditation, Cocoon and so on.

NIN doesn't really need that much either imho. Minimum it could use is an adjustment to Katana WSs, done.
If we're talking about what I'd love though, oh my.
Aside from new Shurikens, I'd love them to rework Innin and Yonin.
Make them undispellable, one should be the DD stance, one should be te Tanking stance.
Innin they should remove or at least widen (A LOT) the range for "you're behind" activation. They should also remove this requirement for the Ninjutsu potency bonus, and also please make so Innin/Yonin potency is fixed and doesn't decay over time, that's so *** 2005.
They should also go through means so that players can't use Yonin to deal DD while making the NIN too hard to kill, that could be exploited in too many fights and we don't want that, right? They tried to do that with Accuracy- but clearly that's not gonna cut it if they're gonna make Yonin more powerful, and they should imho.
When yonin is up all moves that can strip your shadows, will instead remove max "X" of them. Not sure what a balanced number for X would be, we can discuss that.
Also they could, I dunno, reduce the amount of damage dealt when Yonin is up, but increase the amount of Damage>Enmity conversion when Yonin is up. Think that would fix what I mentioned above (Yonin being exploited to deal damage).

Oh also they should turn Myoshu from SB1 to SB2, pretty please? Feels so useless right now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-21 13:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
When yonin is up all moves that can strip your shadows, will instead remove max "X" of them. Not sure what a balanced number for X would be, we can discuss that.

Didn't want to cut your other comments on NIN, because I honestly enjoyed them, but this is too good to not extrapolate so more see it. I love this.
[+]
By Nariont 2020-10-21 15:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That or a dtII type effect based on shadows lost, just something really
 Leviathan.Pve
user: zsky
By Leviathan.Pve 2020-10-21 15:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

Didn't want to cut your other comments on NIN, because I honestly enjoyed them, but this is too good to not extrapolate so more see it. I love this.

It's interesting that these JA's aren't available for /NIN as a subjob but if it was... it's definitely 3+ as max to ensure non-ninja's can take advantage, but they don't have it anyway.

Which means we consider when is a good place to put in the max "X" according to ninja's progression.

2 gear with Utsusemi +1
Utsusemi: San
Fast cast/Utsusemi cast time reduction

Comparing with a beginning ninja just starting out VS a career ninja with access to all gear - we have Ichi with 3 shadows vs 5 and so on for Ni/San with 80% fastcast and Malignance/DT.

So max at 5 means Utsusemi:Ichi is wiped for sure and at best leaving Ni with 1 shadow left for those with +2 shadow gear. Making San situationally more useful which JP gift spell should be. I would be ok with 6 as max to make it more balanced but that means ninja's with San would only be able to keep shadows up after an AoE which doesn't make this idea any sense to begin with in the first place.

I used to be a Ninja diehard in old days when /drk was still a thing but haven't played it since, so I'm really curious what others think.

EDIT: Thinking more about it...

Ninjutsu skill plays a role to how many shadows are absorbed in some aoe's, so that's another thing to consider as well.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-21 16:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea Rua proposed of shadows increasing NIN enmity when they get erased instead of reducing it, would be pretty nice as well.
But I think Enmity isn't really the "big issue" with NIN tanking.
If you spam utsusemi spells non stop with Yonin up and the right gear/weapons, NIN can generate mantain massive amounts of enmity.
At that point you're constantly casting shadows so destroying your Shihei reserves and not dealing damage at all, but still, I just wanted to point out enmity generation is not the biggest issue with NIN tanking, not at all.

Furhtermore I think Utsu enmity with Yonin up works similar to Foil, as in it generates enmity for all the enemies who have you in their enmity list.
Which is very good in theory for group tanking, but semi useless in reality because NIN can't really be a good tank for multiple targets alas, at least atm.
By Izanami 2020-10-21 16:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine not many FFXIAH users regularly view the Ninja forum. But since you're already discussing Ninja changes, I may as well link the official forum post I made about a month ago where I propose quite a few updates to the Ninja job. The official forums don't get much traffic, but it has gotten 835 views, 7 comments, and 14 likes in about a month. If you somehow are not already banned on the official forum, I'd appreciate any comments and discussion on the OF post. I know it's unlikely, but more comments and views may increase the chances that it gets acknowledged by a developer.

Ignoring the glaring issues NIN has in terms of damage and support potential compared to other DD jobs (and COR/BRD/RUN), the suggestions in my post were "designed to catch Ninja up to the current state of the game in the areas that they have fallen behind in due to adjustments in gear statistics and relevant enemy mechanics over the years."
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-10-21 19:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Izanami said: »
I imagine not many FFXIAH users regularly view the Ninja forum. But since you're already discussing Ninja changes, I may as well link the official forum post I made about a month ago where I propose quite a few updates to the Ninja job. The official forums don't get much traffic, but it has gotten 835 views, 7 comments, and 14 likes in about a month. If you somehow are not already banned on the official forum, I'd appreciate any comments and discussion on the OF post. I know it's unlikely, but more comments and views may increase the chances that it gets acknowledged by a developer.

Ignoring the glaring issues NIN has in terms of damage and support potential compared to other DD jobs (and COR/BRD/RUN), the suggestions in my post were "designed to catch Ninja up to the current state of the game in the areas that they have fallen behind in due to adjustments in gear statistics and relevant enemy mechanics over the years."

I read this post. You put in a lot of thought into seeing ways to make NIN work out better. I'd like to see the devs to seriously give this some thought.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-21 19:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN needs the same treatment MNK got, its Physical WS's need a big buff. Ninjutsu potency should scale with Skill. Yonin should negate the CE Loss penalty for losing a shadow and actually increase CE with each shadow the NIN loses, as that's the main reason Yonin is used. Finally, NIN needs an exclusive job trait which prevents all its shadows from being wiped in a single attack.

Just shotgunning that out there.
Fo sho! Would help bring it to the table, but not OP, the rest of the jobs from this post idk much about, but I am sure they are appropriate.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-21 19:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 the NIN love in the last page and a half! Make NIN on par again before 2020 runs away!
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-21 22:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
NIN had decidedly fewer than all of the red procs until long after Abyssea's heyday, when additional level caps, better skill gear, and more event weapons gave them all their options.

You could grab equipment that increased certain combat skills, to the point that if you had preleveled that skill on another job enough, ahem 37/war, would unlock all the red procs WS's, this was of course when the 80+ level caps started rolling out at the same time. So yea waaaaay before SoA, and level 85+ you could all red procs NIN. But, you had to have a few rare lvl 1 all jobs weapons (from holiday events before login campaigns and bonus monthly perks). Polearm, was halloween pitch fork, scythe, and GS.

I don't remember which scythe and GS were in the wild before ark scythe, and the shadow lord one, but I know they were out there during 75 days.

I had the pitchfork when things were Abby all day, which made runs work, but always helped having a dark or war(war could do the same thing easier, just needed a holiday GS and Katana) or both along for the ride to make things even easier.

Sorry not trying to actually up in here, but yea.....
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-22 01:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
NIN had decidedly fewer than all of the red procs until long after Abyssea's heyday, when additional level caps, better skill gear, and more event weapons gave them all their options.
I don't remember which scythe and GS were in the wild before ark scythe, and the shadow lord one, but I know they were out there during 75 days.

Sorry not trying to actually up in here, but yea.....
They weren't.

Lost Sickle, Hoe, and Ark Scythe are the only NIN equipable scythes. So NIN got Scythe access with the addition of Ark Scythe and only if they won a giveaway(~6000 winners). At least until Hoe and cospaly kupons were added several years after Abyssea.

Great Swords are in a similar spot with Brave Blade II, Ophidian Sword, Lament, and Irradiance Blade all being release well after abyssea. BBII was added in 16th anni Bonanza, Ophidian is an hallmarks reward, Lament is SL weapon, and Irradiance is MT.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 162 163 164 ... 423 424 425