Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Rings
Rings
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-03-11 07:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

OK. I read the guide and have no problem getting the Lebeche Ring. The problem I have is with the second ring - Janniston Ring.

Why? It is an end of SoA reward and is one of (I think) 16. Each of these 16 helps specific jobs (or groups) and I picked mine to help my melee jobs.

Like many people I play more than one job, depending upon what the group or I need. Thus, changing to the Janniston Ring is good for my WHM, but not good for other jobs.

What is the backup ring for the - Janniston Ring - in the various situations where one would use the Janniston Ring?

Thanks! :)

P.S. Let's open up this discussion to rings in general too. The guide seems to look at the highest / best rings, some of which go for up to 300M on Ragnarok. Ah, 300M and sometimes it shows 2 of them for 600M, well, is outside my price range.

What are the best reasonable rings around for the various activities of a WHM?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-11 08:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a WHM, but I'd bet NQ Stikini is still solid. MND and Healing magic skill in one. There aren't too many good healing rings as far as I'm aware.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-11 08:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

IBHalliwell said: »
Why? It is an end of SoA reward and is one of (I think) 16. Each of these 16 helps specific jobs (or groups) and I picked mine to help my melee jobs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-11 08:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe White Mage can cap cure potency/cure casting time without the ring slots, so you could probably use something like a healing magic+ skill ring in that slot.

And SOA ring is limited to 1 because they're good for whatever purpose they do.
[+]
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-03-11 09:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure Potency II + Enmity is more useful to certain players for their sets, especially if they focus on Cure Potency/Healing Skill, they lack capping enmity.

Use Haoma/Sirona or Stinki as others mentioned.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-11 11:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sirona's ring is still a thing. Only HQ Stikini matches it for raw cure power.

Otherwise you might consider kuchekula ring or persis ring if you're more concerned with enmity reduction.
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-03-11 20:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
And SOA ring is limited to 1 because they're good for whatever purpose they do.

Right, and I don't have a problem with there being a 1 ring limit. My issue is with a guide saying the best two rings are X and Y and Y is one of the 11 SoA rings. In this case, IMHO, the author should recommend a substitute ring, in case the reader chose and wishes to keep a different SoA ring. Makes sense,right?! :)
[+]
 Odin.Nagatnas
Server: Odin
user: Nagatna
By Odin.Nagatnas 2017-03-11 20:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the author of said guide had in mind that you would be reading the guide to become a career WHM. Not a sometimes I like to tickle my fancy on WHM.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-03-12 20:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I second the Kuchekula recommendation. It makes capping enmity down a lot easier.