First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 53 54 55
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-08-10 09:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zacheus said: »
The head looks to be a very solid TP & WS piece for scythe users. Would've loved to see some STP on the set though

Totally agree. Fingers crossed it becomes a solid option for TP at +3, not just for Scythe users but GS too.
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 09:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
The earring (+2 has Attack+20 Physical damage limit +9%) is more of a weapon skill piece for attack-capped situations. DRK has the highest attack in the game, but it's not going to be easy to decide when you should use this over a weapon skill damage earring. I'm sure someone will calculate this and let us know. *wink wink*

Its competitive earring for AM3 Calad/Redemption TP set too. Bis for pretty much all WSs at attack cap. +5% higher avg Torcleaver over Thrud. Can't wait to see augment possibilities on it :O
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-08-10 09:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
The earring (+2 has Attack+20 Physical damage limit +9%) is more of a weapon skill piece for attack-capped situations. DRK has the highest attack in the game, but it's not going to be easy to decide when you should use this over a weapon skill damage earring. I'm sure someone will calculate this and let us know. *wink wink*

Its competitive earring for AM3 Calad/Redemption TP set too. Bis for pretty much all WSs at attack cap. +5% higher avg Torcleaver over Thrud. Can't wait to see augment possibilities on it :O

You can augment these later??? Hot damn.
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 10:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

You can augment these later??? Hot damn.

I think they have random augment when found? Kinda like abyssea accessories you could find in gold chests.

Update notes:
Quote:
In addition to the above, players can also obtain old cases, which contain augmented job-specific earrings.
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 12:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear on FFXI DRK community guide doesn't look right, what is best TP gear with Calad if R0 all Odyssey gear?
 Cerberus.Oakdale
user: Oakie
By Cerberus.Oakdale 2022-08-10 14:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a returning player in Cerberus and I'm pretty much stuck in the same boat.

Not too sure what gear to get/what to upgrade. I have a full set of Sulevia's right now. I'm sure I have tons of work to do.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-10 15:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
Gear on FFXI DRK community guide doesn't look right, what is best TP gear with Calad if R0 all Odyssey gear?

Did you even bother to try looking at the first page of this thread?

Edit: Substitute Flamma Hands +2 or augmented skirmish hands in the set in the OP to get the STP that you lose from Sakpata's Hands and done.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-10 15:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends.

That's ALWAYS the answer. Its been the answer for every TP set for every job since we were kiting Kirin.

Instead of asking "what's BiS for this", instead analyze why you're using Caladbolg in the first place, and then build sets that maximize those reasons via gear choices, while always balancing gear haste, accuracy levels, and survivability.
[+]
 Bahamut.Braams
Server: Bahamut
user: Khronos
By Bahamut.Braams 2022-08-10 16:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The guide is a work and progress and sets should be viewed as benchmark targets. As for "best," I don't believe in best, just what's optimal for a situation. In other words, "Sh*t's Situational."

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Edit: Substitute Flamma Hands +2 or augmented skirmish hands in the set in the OP to get the STP that you lose from Sakpata's Hands and done.

I don't think the first page necessarily helps them in this case. Needs more context than just "R0 Sakpata" and "Caladbolg." Question is better suited for the general sticky thread.
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 16:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this is the annoying thing, trying to keep track of both FFXI guides and BG Wiki guides. Most BG Wiki guides are kept up to date more than FFXIAH now.

Thanks, that is all the info I wanted.
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 16:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I found using Schere wasn't good on DRK because then I had no MP to Drain3 or Endark etc.
By Nariont 2022-08-10 16:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Entropy
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 16:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Entropy
Torcleaver everything
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-10 16:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Torcleaver: for those moments when Tachi:Fudo is just too reliable.

hehe I jest, but yeah I really dislike having to use GSWD at all these days. but that's a whole can of worms I'm not diving into this close to 420.
By Nariont 2022-08-10 16:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Schere really loses a lot of value if you arent on scythe, as even riding refresh 3 is limiting, so if you just plan to limit yourself to torcleaver, then there's other earrings to use
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-10 16:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this is the annoying thing, trying to keep track of both FFXI guides and BG Wiki guides. Most BG Wiki guides are kept up to date more than FFXIAH now.

Thanks, that is all the info I wanted.

That might be true for other threads, but this OP was literally updated within the last week or two.

Bahamut.Braams said: »
I don't think the first page necessarily helps them in this case. Needs more context than just "R0 Sakpata" and "Caladbolg." Question is better suited for the general sticky thread.

I disagree since the sets in the OP for caladbolg only have 2 pieces of sakpata in them. And not being R0 only matters on one of those pieces.
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-08-10 16:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the stp values listed, if you are short in one slott, change out another. Pretty simple and the only real piece of gear this should be an issue on is hands for most sets, that is an easy change to flamma/emicho/arco as others have stated.

As for schere I look at it 2 ways when using calad. If its a zerg, why would your mp matter much, and if it is long fight change it for a different earring or use scythe since hate will become an issue anyhow and the schere will be more helpful to your pty than a few dps.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 17:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't got the money (or time to make said money) to make any good R15 RMEA scythe any time soon. I'm holding a GKT malformed too (don't know wtf I was thinking) that I'd have to do before getting scythe too ☹️
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-08-10 17:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

understood, then in your case take a look to replace schere with, dedition, telos, baldur+1, cessance, possibly new emp earring. All should be fairly competiitive and some will offer enough stp to change up other spots or overcome a low r level on hands.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-11 08:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Listen I was just thinking about this to try and semi make this work so need open minds. What if we could fit in emp +2 head in now by changing to dedition earring I know its -10 acc and 10 att but we gain 40 attack dex and str. At +3 it's gonna be more then likely 10 DA maybe so trading 5 triple doesn't look good now but maybe in future? This is just an idea trying to fit this in to gain attack for tp.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-11 08:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Listen I was just thinking about this to try and semi make this work so need open minds. What if we could fit in emp +2 head in now by changing to dedition earring I know its -10 acc and 10 att but we gain 40 attack dex and str. At +3 it's gonna be more then likely 10 DA maybe so trading 5 triple doesn't look good now but maybe in future? This is just an idea trying to fit this in to gain attack for tp.

Its gonna take a lot to make me give up Sakpata Head while using Apoc, Redemption, or Caladbolg to be honest. While we can't abuse +DAdmg the way WAR can, it definitely shows up during the aftermaths of those weapons. Not saying I won't be interested to see how it plays out, just that its going to take a LOT in my book.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-11 08:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Its gonna take a lot to make me give up Sakpata Head while using Apoc, Redemption, or Caladbolg to be honest. While we can't abuse +DAdmg the way WAR can, it definitely shows up during the aftermaths of those weapons. Not saying I won't be interested to see how it plays out, just that its going to take a LOT in my book.
Yea I could see people wanting to stay with it for +2 but I feel like +3 if it does get 10 da it would be better for the switch for sure. You be gaining atleast 20 more acc more than likely same att from sakpata head think the defense will be better sapkata wise still but idk I maybe willing to give up 5 more da for 20 more acc. I myself haven't switched over to sakpata head yet even though it fully augmented but it's because I didn't wanna lose the stp and what not.

Edit: Saw you said AM yes I probably wouldn't change it for AM3 on caladbolg.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-11 10:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

+DA Damage should not be procing on AM hits as AM isn't DA but instead OaX.

The way +DA Damage works is that if an attack procs a DA, both the attack and the additional hit gets the bonus to damage.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-11 10:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

neither of those weapons are OAX
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-11 10:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
neither of those weapons are OAX

Drr, I just re-read it and realized there was no mythic mentioned next to aftermath. My bad, thought they were talking about the mythic scythe.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-11 10:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

The way +DA Damage works is that if an attack procs a DA, both the attack and the additional hit gets the bonus to damage.

+DAdmg does indeed stack with Empy and Relic aftermaths, as they are double or triple damage aftermaths, not extra swings like a mythic. That's a completely different situation where I agree one would never use a Sakpata Helm with the Liberator, for example.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-11 11:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

+DAdmg does indeed stack with Empy and Relic aftermaths, as they are double or triple damage aftermaths, not extra swings like a mythic. That's a completely different situation where I agree one would never use a Sakpata Helm with the Liberator, for example.

Yeah I was totally thinking you were referring to Liberator. The damage bonus's from Empy to get +DA Damage if the hit procs a DA. For relics, I thought their damage bonus only applies to the first hit and not any MA procs?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-11 11:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was totally thinking you were referring to Liberator. The damage bonus's from Empy to get +DA Damage if the hit procs a DA. For relics, I thought their damage bonus only applies to the first hit and not any MA procs?
Correct, relics are first hit only
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-11 11:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It does, but "increase double attack damage" pieces apply to both swings when you proc DA, so it still stacks with relic bonus damage.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-08-12 11:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, not even worth using Schere with a Scythe imo. I despise having to waste dps on Entropy mp refill just so I can use my Drain, Dread Spikes, Endark, or Absorb spells which I use often. I guess if I was already in a situation where I was using Entropy frequently as part of a repeated skillchain...
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 53 54 55