Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » BLM lua that works with death
BLM lua that works with death
 Asura.Icewell
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Icewell
By Asura.Icewell 2017-01-11 00:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a blm lua that works with death, so that it doesn't swap out to lower MP gear even when you cast other spells like blind or breakga?
 Asura.Pintseyes
Server: Asura
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2017-01-12 10:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not my lua. This is only a lua I use as a template for code. I've never used it so if something doesn't work you'll need to post in the help thread.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-01-12 11:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the one I use and it works:

https://github.com/ArislanShiva/luas/blob/master/Arislan-BLM.lua

Winkey-D to toggle over to death casting mode, which will automatically change your idle and precast to high-mp, and disable midcast swapping for anything other than impact/elemental magic/death.

You'll be able to cast blind/breakga without dropping your mp level, but you won't be casting in potency. If you have a high-mp enfeeb set, you could always add exceptions for that in the casting rules.
By olson2189 2017-02-06 22:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever had the problem of MP dropping for no reason when changing inbetween sets with Death mode on? As an example, both my death midcast and death precast sets have 2,250+ MP, but when I equip one, and then the other directly using '//gs equip ...', my MP drops to below 2,100, but the set I'm switching to has 2,250+, so I'm so confused as to why the MP drop is happening.
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-02-07 02:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearswap Spellcast and even in game swaps have always lowered your MP/HP when using swaps due to how gear is being put on. Using Gearswap you can set slot priorities so that your MP doesn't tank during pre to midcast.

head={name="Merlinic Hood",priority=16}
feet={name="Merlinic Crackows",priority=1}

In the above example it would equip Head slot first and Feet slot last. You would have to go through all of your precast sets and give priority to your highest MP items. This would in effect raise your MP before equipping your potency set. Tank jobs would also benefit in prioritizing HP in their precasts so mages don't have to constantly cure after each time you cast.

This is of course assuming you are using a non-Mote lua, but I'd say his Death set probably needs to be prioritized the same way.
By Sammeh 2017-02-07 07:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I stubmled across this gem in the PLD forums a while back asking the same thing about HP.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46016/first-and-final-line-of-defense-v20/17/#3067025

As Phaded said. it's about priority.

Quote from thread:
Quote:
There are a few ways to mitigate this issue.

Now, say your idle set has 2500 max HP, and your FC set has 2200. You're just kinda screwed there. you're gonna lose that 300 HP. (Well, you could pump in some HP+ on the spare slots in the FC set. <,<) However, it's entirely possibly that you're actually losing More HP than the difference between the fully equipped sets due to the equip order.

For example,(totally random number to illustrate the point, mind you.)

Idle head: 100 -> FC head 40 HP. -60 current HP loss.
then idle hands 40 HP -> FC hands 100 max HP +60.

Equipped in this order you lose 60 current HP. However if equipped in reverse there would have been no loss.

Basically, during swaps, you need to increase your max HP first, then do the swaps that drop it. This is of course, a huge pain in the ***. But it can help, depending on your sets.

Also, there's the option of equipping HP+ gear in the fastcast set. And sacrificing the lesser amounts of fastcast to lose less current HP. Of course, if you were already Idling in most of your HP+ gear, then this won't help much. But I've never been big on stacking HP, precisely because I'm just going to lose most it. And if I wanted to sit there and not swap gear, I'd have been playing 14. -.-;

Important note. Unless you specifically code other wise, the equip order in gearswap is static. The order you list the slots inside a set means Nothing.

the default equip order is described in the slots.lua located at Windower4\res\slots.lua. in the windower folder.
return {
[0] = {id=0,en="Main"},
[1] = {id=1,en="Sub"},
[2] = {id=2,en="Range"},
[3] = {id=3,en="Ammo"},
[4] = {id=4,en="Head"},
[5] = {id=5,en="Body"},
[6] = {id=6,en="Hands"},
[7] = {id=7,en="Legs"},
[8] = {id=8,en="Feet"},
[9] = {id=9,en="Neck"},
[10] = {id=10,en="Waist"},
[11] = {id=11,en="Left Ear"},
[12] = {id=12,en="Right Ear"},
[13] = {id=13,en="Left Ring"},
[14] = {id=14,en="Right Ring"},
[15] = {id=15,en="Back"},
}, {"id", "en"}

Coding sets for priority is explained in the Advanced sets tables.txt found at Windower4\addons\GearSwap\beta_examples_and_information\Advanced sets tables.txt

As an example, my rather out of date fast cast set.
sets.precast = {
ammo="Incantor Stone", -- 0 HP
head={name="Chev. Armet +1",priority=9}, -- +125 HP
neck="Orunmila's Torque",--0 HP
ear1="Loquacious Earring",--0 HP
ear2={name="Etiolation Earring",priority=11},-- +50 HP
body={name="Odyssean Chestplate",priority=-1},--+66 HP
hands={name="Leyline Gloves",priority=7},--+25 HP
ring1={name="Meridian Ring",priority=15},-- +90 HP
ring2={name="Prolix Ring",priority=8},-- 0 HP
back={name="Xucau Mantle",priority=14},-- +100 HP
waist={name="Creed Baudrier",priority=13},-- +40 HP
legs={name="Enif Cosciales",priority=10},--+40HP
feet={ name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'"Fast Cast"+3',priority=12}} }

The weird part here, is that the swaps for priority go in descending order. so the piece with priority 15 would swap first and the piece with 0(or -1, etc) would go last.

The other thing you have to consider is the hp values for gear in other sets. you can't base the priority purely of the current set alone. So what if Chevalier's head has +125 HP? If your Idle head has more than that, then it shouldn't go first. Need to swap elsewhere, then swap head when a sufficient current/max HP gap has built up.

You have to consider the changes going from idle to FC, then from FC to midcast. etc.

It's also useful to note, that you should Never be able to get hit in you precast set.(Provided the midcast set is a complete set that will swap you out of the precast pieces) So you can swap to whatever meets the HP/FC needs. It's the midcast phase where you have to consider the risk of being hit.

All this being said, it is a huuuge pain in the *** to consider all the factors. And it can't eliminate the max HP differences of entire sets.(of course, you can always tweak the sets...) But it does help.
By olson2189 2017-02-07 13:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, okay. Very helpful - thanks to you both for the insight. I am using a Mote lua - will the 'priority=' syntax still work? Phaded seemed to suggest there may be a problem if using Mote's lua.

Thanks!
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-02-07 16:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to guess the syntax is the same. I don't use mote's stuff so I never know if he has some custom user setup for things hidden in a sidecar file somewhere.
By Sammeh 2017-02-07 17:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a gearswap core function so you should be fine regardless of it. I don't know how mote's would be able to account for gear and know which priority to do it without logging every stat (and augment) of every possibility.. too much.

Should be good to go.