New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 141 142 143
By eeternal 2020-07-29 07:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »
EDIT: While people are sharing Chironic WSD stuff...

What.. Never thought this was possible.. interesting
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-29 07:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
Asura.Byrne said: »
EDIT: While people are sharing Chironic WSD stuff...

What.. Never thought this was possible.. interesting

-we know that Dark Matter augments have zero restrictions of what can or cannot appear on certain gear. Its how you can get Pet Augments on gear not wearable by pet jobs, as one example.

-we know Dark Matter can MIX those augments with zero logic.

-we know the Dark Matter WSD caps at 10%.

So why wouldn't it be possible?

DM augments are completely independent of the gear used. There is zero correlation or restriction associated the way that Taupe/Pellucid/Fern can only get certain augments on certain pieces while using certain paths. There is no path option, there is no gear restriction.
By eeternal 2020-07-29 08:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just I never actually seen past 7% on Chironic Slippers precisely.. Seen many 10% on Herc or other armors, but Chironic/slippers was really rare
By geigei 2020-07-29 08:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Rare because very few people trade those so you don't see them posted often.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-07-29 09:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Goursat said: »
Asura.Nuance said: »
Appreciate the input changes shall be made.

But as I've stated before pages back I made this for myself as I'm a visual person and it was never actually intended to be shared with anyone other than people I know that bug me about what to use on the job.

It ain't great, but idc :(

Edit: or maybe I did share it myself idr... i is dumb.

Also nothing is labeled or explained aside from some weapon choices because I am super lazy

Could you comment on the choice of Amalric Nails +1 (path A/D) over Vitiation Boots +3 for magical WS (Seraph, Aeolian, Sanguine)? Per Simon's earlier post, the tradeoff is:

+13STR, +12MND, +9INT, +12DEX, +23macc (relic) vs 7MAB (amalric).

I don't spread sheet anything and I don't run any simulators

That said I eyeball and do 'testing' on my own. Sanguine is something I have not done any form of testing on since I r25d* my crocea.

So relic could very well beat amalric albeit Im sure like most things it depends heavily on the target, so i have no idea ;D

Edit: and now since this node is getting attention again I almost feel obligated to actually explain some gear choices in it, so I might end up doing that so that I may obtain more feedback from all of you on it cause why not
By SimonSes 2020-07-29 10:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Goursat said: »
Appreciate the input changes shall be made.

But as I've stated before pages back I made this for myself as I'm a visual person and it was never actually intended to be shared with anyone other than people I know that bug me about what to use on the job.

It ain't great, but idc :(

Edit: or maybe I did share it myself idr... i is dumb.

Also nothing is labeled or explained aside from some weapon choices because I am super lazy

Could you comment on the choice of Amalric Nails +1 (path A/D) over Vitiation Boots +3 for magical WS (Seraph, Aeolian, Sanguine)? Per Simon's earlier post, the tradeoff is:

+13STR, +12MND, +9INT, +12DEX, +23macc (relic) vs 7MAB (amalric).

I don't spread sheet anything and I don't run any simulators

That said I eyeball and do 'testing' on my own. Sanguine is something I have not done any form of testing on since I r25d* my crocea.

So relic could very well beat amalric albeit Im sure like most things it depends heavily on the target, so i have no idea ;D

Edit: and now since this node is getting attention again I almost feel obligated to actually explain some gear choices in it, so I might end up doing that so that I may obtain more feedback from all of you on it cause why not

Mixing narrative from past several posts, best are Chironic with 10%WSD and 50mab anyway :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-29 11:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

go ahead and send me an extra pair or two of those WSD+10 MAB+50 chironic boots :)
By Mosquiton 2020-07-30 08:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Any chance you have a GS you could share? I apologize if I missed you posting one. I have been using and editing Arislan's but curious to see what else is being used. Or if anybody has one they prefer. Thanks.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-07-30 09:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I can share mine later But it’s still a work in progress
By Mosquiton 2020-07-31 10:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I can share mine later But it’s still a work in progress

That would be great, thanks.
By Eloel 2020-08-01 13:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone, I'm a returning player and am curious as to what order I should be doing content to play RDM - I have COR at i119, but very little RDM gear. Should I focus on ambuscade? Omen? Any direction or maybe even a road-map of where to start gearing and how to approach higher end content would be really appreciated.
 Shiva.Kaisamoht
Server: Shiva
user: Kaisamoht
By Shiva.Kaisamoht 2020-08-01 13:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious does the sword enhancement on enriching sword just apply to enspells on it or could I offhand it to cast the spell then swap back to tauret?
By Crossbones 2020-08-01 13:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

For RDM you want to get your empy set done ASAP so your buffs last longer. Focus on your enfeebles since buffs / enfeebles is the main reason to invite a RDM. The bulk of your useful gear will come from reforges, more than probably any other job. 5/5 Empy, at least 4/5 relic and AF body and hands minimum to +3 when you can get them there (not the empy obviously). Kaja weapons will give you tons of macc early out the gate. COR might get you gear faster than a new RDM but it all depends on a lot of factors.

Enriching sword sucks balls, throw it in the trash is what you do with it. If you don't have a crocea or you aren't using 1 dmg daggers don't even bother focusing on enspells.
[+]
 Shiva.Kaisamoht
By Shiva.Kaisamoht 2020-08-01 14:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Vitiation sword, just didnt know if the sword enhancement would carry over to it as well or just the enriching itself.
By Nariont 2020-08-01 14:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Vitis fine, but no enspell related stuff on weapons only applies to the hand the weapons on
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-01 14:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kaisamoht said: »
Just curious does the sword enhancement on enriching sword just apply to enspells on it or could I offhand it to cast the spell then swap back to tauret?

Only applies to hits from the sword itself, and only while the sword is equipped.
[+]
 Shiva.Kaisamoht
By Shiva.Kaisamoht 2020-08-01 14:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Vitis fine, but no enspell related stuff on weapons only applies to the hand the weapons on
Thats what I thought. I'd have a crocea but, I've been pumping what little gil I have into finally finishing a murgleis.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-08-01 14:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Crocea Mors would be far more useful than Murgleis so, if you're not just doing it because you think it looks neat or something, I would recommend you put the gil towards that instead.
[+]
 Asura.Bootus
user: Sgtsalt
By Asura.Bootus 2020-08-03 11:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey y'all, couple of questions regarding progression for this extremely complicated (and fun) job.

Currently my best weapon by far is Naegling. I have the following sets put together: DW TP (I cannot self-sc yet but I do have capped haste/DW), Healing, and meager WS sets for both SB and CDC. I have a very shitty MB set. I do have a fairly decent Enhancing Skill set, and I think my Enfeebling set lands me at around 1200 macc before food.

I don't yet have 500 CP points for an Ea set let alone 1200 for Temper II. Soon I'll be finishing WOTG and can start farming for my Malignance set / Daybreak.

My question is: What should I prioritize first? Malignance gear, AF/Relic +3, or CP points up to 1200 for Temper II, which will hopefully allow me to Self-SC? I'm assuming I'll want to hold off on Crocea Mors until after I get some better gear.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-08-03 12:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Work on finishing CP to master, that's your #1 priority. While doing that, go get 5/5 Empy set to +1, it's still super useful and it's easily done.

2nd Prio: Focus on the pieces of AF+2/3 and Relic+2/3 that increase Enhancing Duration.

3rd Prio: Especially if you also play other mages like BLU, GEO or SCH, work on getting some Amalric +1 pieces. While they aren't as beeftastic for MB as Ea+1, they are cheaper and good for nuking, MBing and awesome for magical based weapons skill and have a good job spread on them. (Personally, I wouldn't Ea+1 on RDM if you aren't also a huge BLM/GEO nerd. RDM's MB is nice but nowhere near the top of things you'll likely be doing on RDM.)

4th Prio: In no particualr order; Fun stuff (Malignance / Crocea / Daybreak shenanigans) The rest of the AF/RElic +3 cause they're all good.
[+]
By Sgtsalt 2020-08-03 12:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »
Work on finishing CP to master, that's your #1 priority. While doing that, go get 5/5 Empy set to +1, it's still super useful and it's easily done.

2nd Prio: Focus on the pieces of AF+2/3 and Relic+2/3 that increase Enhancing Duration.

3rd Prio: Especially if you also play other mages like BLU, GEO or SCH, work on getting some Amalric +1 pieces. While they aren't as beeftastic for MB as Ea+1, they are cheaper and good for nuking, MBing and awesome for magical based weapons skill and have a good job spread on them. (Personally, I wouldn't Ea+1 on RDM if you aren't also a huge BLM/GEO nerd. RDM's MB is nice but nowhere near the top of things you'll likely be doing on RDM.)

4th Prio: In no particualr order; Fun stuff (Malignance / Crocea / Daybreak shenanigans) The rest of the AF/RElic +3 cause they're all good.

Ah, should have mentioned that I already have all AF/Relic/Empyrean to +1. So I guess I'll get started on that CP! Good month for it too.

Is the regular Ea set worth picking up, or should I just go straight for Amalric when I need to MB for whatever reason?
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-08-03 12:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Skip the NQ set and just work on HQ Amalric and Merlinic until you can afford HQ.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-08-03 12:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

No one's going to notice a RDM MB'ing in a good Amalric +1 / Merlinic based MB set vs a Ea+1 based MB set RDM. The difference between them is less than the difference between who MB'd first and who MB'd second. And let's be real, when MB damage matters, the RDM MB'ing is either solo, or fracking it up for the BLMs.

For my money, there is tons of better things you can get with what you'd spend on Ea+1. That and highly valued inventory space.
[+]
 Siren.Athen
Server: Siren
user: Athenair
By Siren.Athen 2020-08-03 19:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Since they have added the augments for Demersal Degen +1 (Accuracy & Magic Accuracy +45, DEX +10, Sword Enhancement Spell Damage +50%) and Pukulatmuj +1 (DMG +38, Accuracy & Magic Accuracy +30, Sword Enhancement Spell Damage +150%), which is the preferred offhand for a Crocea? Is it one of those two, or something else?
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-03 19:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Athen said: »
Since they have added the augments for Demersal Degen +1 (Accuracy & Magic Accuracy +45, DEX +10, Sword Enhancement Spell Damage +50%) and Pukulatmuj +1 (DMG +38, Accuracy & Magic Accuracy +30, Sword Enhancement Spell Damage +150%), which is the preferred offhand for a Crocea? Is it one of those two, or something else?

Puku lets you have one more tier of buffs (Temper, Phalanx, Barspells, etc) without switching weapons and losing TP, and the enspell bonus is nice. It's certainly not BiS for dps tho.
 Siren.Athen
By Siren.Athen 2020-08-03 19:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What's BiS offhand for dps?
 Asura.Bootus
user: Sgtsalt
By Asura.Bootus 2020-08-03 20:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Athen said: »
What's BiS offhand for dps?

Based on what I’ve seen farther back in this thread, it depends on what you’re trying to do. For enspell damage it’s a fast dagger like Ternion +1 so you can get more Crocea hits in. For WS it’s Thibron or Daybreak, depending on what you’re fighting and what WS you’ll be using.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2020-08-03 20:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The only spell you would need Puku for is temper2 and that lasts 15mins. Rest cap at 500 skill and thats stupid easy to reach, i'm sure you can afford to precast it way ahead of time before you go melee.

I think r15 Ternion dagger for alot more swings/low delay or daybreak for bigger magic ws numbers and seraph boost are the way to go for croc.
[+]
 Siren.Athen
By Siren.Athen 2020-08-03 20:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, thanks to both of you!
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-04 04:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cicion said: »
The only spell you would need Puku for is temper2 and that lasts 15mins. Rest cap at 500 skill and thats stupid easy to reach, i'm sure you can afford to precast it way ahead of time before you go melee.

Some fights are Dispel Happy, and duration becomes irrelevant. Then being able to put spells back up without losing TP becomes nicer.
I'm not saying it's indispensable, mind you, but it is nice to have.

Also, if some unholy reason is ever found to use Crocea with tier II enspells, the +11 skill would come in handy I suppose?
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 141 142 143