Crafter's Crib Bazaar Guidelines
First Page 2 3 4
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-12 12:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Since WTS/WTB threads (which I will refer to as Bazaar threads) are becoming commonplace, I figured I'd post a few guidelines to help keep things running smoothly.

-Price Disclaimer: Bazaar threads aren't run by FFXIAH staff, as such the prices are set by the OP. If the OP advertises a price and you want to haggle or make offers, keep it civil and avoid insulting the seller on a personal level.

-Server Transfers: FFXIAH and website staff are not responsible for issues that may arise from server transfers. However, if we see enough proof that a bazaar OP is trolling people into transferring, said OP may be section banned from the Crafter's Crib.

-Thread Placement: A bazaar thread can be placed in the Crafter's Crib or the relevant subsection for the item being sold. Only one thread is needed, multiple items can be sold in a single thread. Please don't post bazaar threads in server subsections. If you are unwilling to transfer, be sure to announce this and tell which server you are selling on.

-Bumping: Bumping occasionally is fine, don't overbump. If you are trying to keep your thread on the front page full time by yourself, including sock accounts, that's too much.

-Demaining: After the items advertised in the OP are announced as sold, the thread will be demained and possibly locked to minimize front page clutter.

-Troublemakers: Forum rules apply and bazaar threads are short-lived, if you cause trouble you will be topic banned for the sake of keeping the peace.

-False Reporting: Don't report bazaar threads for fun or over personal drama. Don't cry wolf.

These guidelines are subject to change when necessary.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-12 12:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: It was a stupid joke, move along, nothing to see here.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-12 12:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can something be done about the price fixing threads? The same people post an item, claim it was sold, and post it again for a similar price a week later to try to establish that as the price. It's clear these items do not sell for that much, as not only are there visible sales on AH history for much less, but there are no visible sales on AH history for comparable prices.

I honestly don't see why we have a need for WTS threads in general, if someone was actively looking to make a purchase for well over 100m I'm sure they've taken a look at the actual item's page. It clutters up the recent threads badly as well, there are often 2-3 different WTS in the top 10 threads.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-08-12 13:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Can something be done about the price fixing threads? The same people post an item, claim it was sold, and post it again for a similar price a week later to try to establish that as the price. It's clear these items do not sell for that much, as not only are there visible sales on AH history for much less, but there are no visible sales on AH history for comparable prices.

I honestly don't see why we have a need for WTS threads in general, if someone was actively looking to make a purchase for well over 100m I'm sure they've taken a look at the actual item's page. It clutters up the recent threads badly as well, there are often 2-3 different WTS in the top 10 threads.

I actually loathe the WTS threads, and this is one of the reasons why (the stupid bickering that always happens is high on the list too).

I wish people would use the bazaar section, but I've been told it's not user friendly. What would need to happen to make it more usable?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-12 13:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
I actually wish people would use the bazaar section, but I've been told it's not user friendly. What would need to happen to make it more usable?
A search function, possibly more than one truncated page, and maybe a front page table?

EDIT: FYI, I'm not really fond of bazaar threads but since they are happening, I'd rather have guidelines to point to till something happens with the Bazaar.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-12 13:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The bazaar section is user friendly enough. Buyers have no issue looking at it and contacting sellers. I've bought several cursed pieces this way and tons of other gear.

Sellers are making the threads because they want more exposure and need everyone who clicks the front page to see they have an item available. That's not something that seems necessary to me.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-08-12 13:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish people would use the bazaar section, but I've been told it's not user friendly. What would need to happen to make it more usable?
Could people get notifications if a desired item is available? Like, if there were toggles next to each wanted item to notify when:
- Item is available on your server
- Item is available on other servers
- Item is available for your desired price or less (maybe not needed though)

edit: I don't like the WTS threads either but selling stuff is one of the main functions of the site, what if we just had a single stickied thread for each craft (or maybe by server)?
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 12:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Question. Should some of the crafters that HQ a lot like myself take screenshots date for proof that it's not a fake post? Because that's some of the assumed drama that is created by people that are so conspiracy theorists that it's honesty pathetic. I'm not starting drama but it's hilarious but a suggestion. As for the searching by bazaar isn't always the best. The PMs I get they don't even have the item as their wanted. Almost tempted to start posting the name who buy my HQ items so no conspiracy theorists don't make false assumptions? I am not trying to start anything admins just asking would that help with the unneeded jelly drama?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-13 13:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You can post a screenshot, it might help.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 13:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok cool
By phxx 2016-08-13 13:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't you make another subforum in crafting specifically for buy/sell/trade/commissions? or something like that, and just have those threads posted in that subforum not appear on the front page?

The average user on FFXIAH who wants to see the most recent threads may be annoyed by multiple WTS/WTB threads whereas anyone who wants to buy or sell anything would know to go directly to that subforum and still get the benefit of searching.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-13 13:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

phxx said: »
Can't you make another subforum in crafting specifically for buy/sell/trade? or something like that, and just have those threads posted in that subforum not appear on the front page?

The average user on FFXIAH who wants to see the most recent threads may be annoyed by multiple WTS/WTB threads whereas anyone who wants to buy or sell anything would know to go directly to that subforum.
If Rooks is going as far as coding a place for bazaar sales, he might as well expand the bazaar function. I don't really feel this bazaar thread arrangement will be permanent.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 13:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I am the average user and annoyed about political threads since it's irrelevant to the game. But then again before getting upset about it and asking the admins to stop those from the front page I ignore it realizing it's just the channel I'm not interested in. So I change the channel :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-08-13 13:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Same, I would rather see wts/wtb threads on the front page instead of conspiracy theories/Trump/Hillary bashing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-08-13 14:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually loathe the WTS threads, and this is one of the reasons why (the stupid bickering that always happens is high on the list too).

What are the arguments beyond "it's not user friendly"? Because it's way too vague to be taken into consideration.

I've never had issues buying and selling using the bazaar function on the item or profile pages. It's very clearly made as it is, you can very easily see what is on your server, the name of the person, when it was last scanned and so on. I mean, if people think it could be improved, it's great, but it'd be nice to know how.

The number of WTS threads on the front page are annoying. First because 99% of the people seeing them listed absolutely do not care about them selling those and second because, well, that's not what a forum is about, so it doesn't have its place on the front page's "latest thread activity".

As said above, if you have 100/300M+ in your pocket and buying those cursed items is your usual thing, you certainly do not need a thread made. Item pages are more than enough considering the GW scan and the bazaar function in itself.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Could people get notifications if a desired item is available? Like, if there were toggles next to each wanted item to notify when:

edit: I don't like the WTS threads either but selling stuff is one of the main functions of the site, what if we just had a single stickied thread for each craft (or maybe by server)?
Guildwork does that to an extent. I get notifications when my FFXIAH items under "Wanted" are suddenly on AH. Notifications do not seem to take into consideration the bazaars, though.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-13 14:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

What are the arguments beyond "it's not user friendly"? Because it's way too vague to be taken into consideration.

I've never had issues buying and selling using the bazaar function on the item or profile pages. It's very clearly made as it is, you can very easily see what is on your server, the name of the person, when it was last scanned and so on. I mean, if people think it could be improved, it's great, but it'd be nice to know how.

The number of WTS threads on the front page are annoying. First because 99% of the people seeing them listed absolutely do not care about them selling those and second because, well, that's not what a forum is about, so it doesn't have its place on the front page's "latest thread activity".

As said above, if you have 100/300M+ in your pocket and buying those cursed items is your usual thing, you certainly do not need a thread made. Item pages are more than enough considering the GW scan and the bazaar function in itself.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

Guildwork does that to an extent. I get notifications when my FFXIAH items under "Wanted" are suddenly on AH. Notifications do not seem to take into consideration the bazaard, though.
Re: not user friendly
You can search for items but not from the bazaar index, nor by server. The bazaar index in one truncated page with no indication of what server the item is on at a glance, a note feature would be nice as would a front page bazaar table. I believe the visibility issue is part of the idea behind posting stuff sale on the forums.

Re: P&R vs Bazaar threads
P&R isn't relevant to the game, we agree on that. Bazaar threads are relevant, I don't think it'd go over well if we tried to stop them without an alternative in place on an Auction House website.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-13 14:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
You can search for items but not from the bazaar index, nor by server. The bazaar index in one truncated page with no indication of what server the item is on at a glance, a note feature would be nice as would a front page bazaar table. I believe the visibility issue is part of the idea behind posting stuff sale on the forums.
Does this really matter when going to the item's actual page shows a full list of those who have it bazaared that's not truncated and is sortable by server?

Sure, it might be nice to have the bazaar index be properly sortable if you wanted to see what's currently available on your server, but that's not the kind of thing these threads are aiming to sell anyway. These are all several hundred mil items, the kind of thing people would be checking the item page for several times a day anyway once they decide they want it.
By Draylo 2016-08-13 14:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If a price is terribly overpriced with the intention to gouge the buyer, I don't see why its a terrible thing to call them out on it.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 14:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe it's possible but is there a way each user that signs in can modify what the front pages shows when it comes to threads? Like have a eat/preference of what forum sections they want to view? Example I don't want to read anything about crafting cause I just play QQ and they can modify it by edit view forums> and each subsection like "crafters crib" they check market so those posts never show on their page? I assume this is a lot of coding to do lol
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 14:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So because you can't afford an item you have the right to complain and harass them on their post? When they aren't breaking any rules? He'll look at Odin their doublets have only sold for 360 to 400 mil only. You're gonna QQ because the person is selling it for their servers price? Jesus what do you do when you go to Walmart? OMG the Diet Pepsi is 89 cents at joes place down the street Walmart QQ *** *** moan lol. Whatever happen to "if you don't like the price don't buy it. "

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-08-13 14:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
So because you can't afford an item you have the right to complain and harass them on their post? When they aren't breaking any rules? He'll look at Odin their doublets have only sold for 360 to 400 mil only. You're gonna QQ because the person is selling it for their servers price? Jesus what do you do when you go to Walmart? OMG the Diet Pepsi is 89 cents at joes place down the street Walmart QQ *** *** moan lol.
This is 2016, there is nothing that someone can't afford.

If you come on FFXIAH to sell an item and are server switch friendly then use the "BUT IT'S MUH SERVIR PRICE BRO" excuse, you're gonna get told.

Quote:
Whatever happen to "if you don't like the price don't buy it. "
That's an American thing. It's also what may prevent you from selling stuff, and other thing.

In short, it's not a good idea.

Not saying people should bicker and such, but if your price is absurd or if you play to sell something significantly more expensive to someone from another server because on your server, it's more expensive, it's just terrible and you deserve to get told for the sake of the community/potential buyers/you changing to a more appropriate attitude.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 14:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet I don't do that odd ;0 hell even in my posts I state " I will work with prices with you." I've gone to tag and siren so yeah no idea who the *** these other crafters are that don't server transfer for sales. Weird ***huh?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 14:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong again damn I love the assumptions you make. Obviously didn't do your research I am not one of those crafters evidence proves that with the server transfers and lowered prices and my posts. Hold on let me get some more popcorn :)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-13 14:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
So because you can't afford an item
It's nothing to do with affording it. If you're paying over 300m for any piece of adhemar, you're overpaying. There are 8 wristbands up across servers, and I guarantee at least 5 of them are at or below 250m. The high priced sales were all done while the infinite gil exploit from crystals was around, and people are faking continued sales to try to keep those prices as the norm.

If anyone's ready to drop Drakenv's asking prices on any item for real, feel free to contact me and I'll buy it elsewhere and drop it on your server for a much more reasonable value. Or, you know, just transfer yourself. The reality is he's just selling items to himself on AH or faking sales on xiah to try to keep price artificially inflated.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 14:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha you are great lol yes I sell them to myself next your gonna say Obama did 911!!!
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-08-13 15:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually dont mind wtb/wts threads. Tho i can see it being an issue if there were to many. Some times its simply easier to have a thread and it gets more ppls attention. For example a while back i had a thread wanting to buy chocotrain tokens. (Sill in the market!) Now yea, i could but a WTB on the item page, but how many ppl are checking out those items? Nearly zero. Yet many ppl might still have tokens from back in the day that they could cash in on. So i see the reason for it. Not much that its not 'user friendly' but the exposure is next to zero in some cases. - Or stuff i do have or could make and i see a thread for it then ill see about getting the item to that person. But im not actively checking the items page for every item i have or could make. Atm the thread is just much more likely to match you with what you need.

Same goes for selling services. You cant always do it effectively on an item page. And a in game shout is only so effective as well. Its also helpful for those contemplating services to be able to get a feel for who does it, time frame, cost, etc.

Of course anything can be abused or become annoying.

Why not make a separate section for wtb/wts thread? Just make sure everyone posts there server in the title and keep that whole section off the main pages recent threads list? Keeps it all in one area, and off the main feed.
By Afania 2016-08-13 15:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Im all for free market and I loathe trolling prices in a selling thread, but I think current rule favors sellers a little bit too much. If buyers can't make offer in public then there are no transparency and prices are determined by sellers, not real market value.

Since whoever start the tread can bump it and put it gains exposure on main page, the thread itself becomes the best tool for price fixing. Not saying any seller on this website is attempting to do this since I don't have proof, just saying current rule allows people to do so.

Also all that free advertising on main page means whoever gains more exposure gets more customers even if they charge higher than another crafter who doesn't advertise. More importantly if there are 4 sellers bumping their own WTS thread, the discussion thread would be buried.

Unless the sellers need space for special note like "willing to server transfer", I don't see much point for all that WTS thread on main page IMO. Serious buyers will just search Bazaar or post WTB thread.
By Draylo 2016-08-13 15:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah you got people like that guy trying to scam others for higher profit.
First Page 2 3 4