Random Sportsball!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Random Sportsball!!
Random Sportsball!!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-25 14:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam Bradford demands trade from the Eagles. Its hard to say which move is dumber, giving him 22m guaranteed after accomplishing nothing in a Romo-less division, or trading up to draft a QB out of North Dakota State who also did nothing. Either way, the entire NFC east is full of incompetent GMs.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 14:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Four and a half months until football seasons :|

You know what makes me happy about that?

I just moved so I don't live in Steelers Training Camp Central now.

So irritating not being able to get into a single damn store or restaurant because a football doubles your local population with fans on a daily basis.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 14:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you live now?

While it seems counterintuitive in this regard, about 20 minutes closer to Pittsburgh.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-25 16:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
But since at least the late 1800s ball sports have been dominate over all other sports.

Why?
Because most of them are cheap and easy to play, whereas polo, tennis, (and even hockey, honestly) are exclusive to people with money because it takes more than a $20 glove and a $5 ball, or a $10 ball on its own....
Polo and tennis are ball sports. And you can play tennis with a $50 racket and a can of balls.

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Why?
Three words.

Legion of Boom.

Kam

Sherman

Browner

Earl!
American football was FAR from dominate until the late 20th century.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-04-25 16:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Snooker
Ronnie O’Sullivan beaten by Barry Hawkins in world championship thriller
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-04-25 17:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Only really care about the NFL, NHL and NBA. New York/Long Island native so I'm a Jets and Islanders fan. Don't really have a favorite basketball team cause I follow a bunch, and cause screw the Knicks and Melo.

Was incredible to see my Isles win their first playoff series in 23 years last night. Such a tight, edge of your seat, nail biting series.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Yeah well, there is nothing overrated about Kane on the ice, he is the best American player in a long, long time. That OT winner in Game 5 was just ridiculous, no one else scores that goal.

Tavares essentially did the same in last night's double OT game winning shot.

Also DiPietro's suit last night looked like it was designed by Four Loko. Pls gtfo.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-25 18:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So tonight is Game 7 of the Hawks and Blues. And despite NBC's insistence that they are doing a great job with the hockey schedule, I think its a safe bet that NO ONE is going to watching the Anaheim/Nashville game that is going to be going on at the same time.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2016-04-25 20:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam Bradford

I'm trying to think of an athlete that's stolen more money than Sam Bradford has through his career, and I'm drawing a total blank.

Also, don't forget, his rookie deal - $50 million guaranteed - was the biggest symptom of the problems that eventually led to the lockout (which meant future rookie contracts got scaled down HARD). Cam Newton, next year's #1 overall, got $22 million despite playing the same position, having a more successful college career, and being better in every tangible way.

Long story short, if I'm Cam Newton, I use a tiny fraction of my millions to mail Sam Bradford a box of poop every day.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-25 20:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I can name quite a few guys. Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Mike Vick with the Eagles, and thats just Quarterbacks, from the NFL. There is long list in baseball and basketball as well. Sam Bradford is incredibly mediocre, but the Eagles just gave him 22m guaranteed, then traded up to draft a QB, thats on them.

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2016-04-25 20:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I can name quite a few guys. Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Mike Vick with the Eagles, and thats just Quarterbacks, from the NFL. There is long list in baseball and basketball as well. Sam Bradford is incredibly mediocre, but the Eagles just gave him 22m guaranteed, then traded up to draft a QB, thats on them.

In terms of quantity of money? It's not even close. Bradford made $78 million from the Rams, a team he played less than 50 games for. Just in guaranteed money from the Eagles, he's going to top $100 million for his career. It's not just about being mediocre - he's mediocre, and always hurt, and wildly, profoundly, overpaid. The perfect storm of suck in a salary capped league.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-25 20:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
In terms of quantity of money? It's not even close. Bradford made $78 million from the Rams, a team he played less than 50 games for. Just in guaranteed money from the Eagles, he's going to top $100 million for his career. It's not just about being mediocre - he's mediocre, and always hurt, and wildly, profoundly, overpaid. The perfect storm of suck in a salary capped league.
Damn. Makes me wish I was a boy, 55 years younger, and good at sports.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-04-25 20:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dammit Blackhawks, get the lead out!

Hi. I'm a Hockey fan.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-25 20:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Jamarcus Russell got paid 36m for 25 games. Before the new CBA, there are a lot of financial disasters that dwarf Bradford, and not just QBs.
I think among active QBs Jay Cutler is the most overpaid, 2 years ago he was the highest paid QB in the league, how does that make sense? Since winning the SB I don't think Flacco has lived up to his contract, and Matt Ryan is terrible. Kaepernick is getting 13m next year, probably won't play a down barring injury. Bradford is getting 11m to be a lame duck, but at least he will be in there.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-04-25 20:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they've been doing well the past few years. That being said, I'm no fair weather fan. Loved them pretty much all my life, even when my brothers were all over the Red Wings when we were like 10.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-25 20:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Dammit Blackhawks, get the lead out!

Hi. I'm a Hockey fan.

Done.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-25 21:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

People watched that game?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-04-25 22:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

And my season is over.

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-26 07:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
And my season is over.

Sure is.

I'd say sorry about your luck, but I'm sort of happy to see it happen because I just don't think I could stomach seeing Kane lift another Cup this year.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14